Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    TGIF!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
    Yes I agree with Laurie, looooong week for me too. Wishing I could slow down time on the weekend forsure so going to try and appreciate every minute of it! Good workouts, STRETCHING, good workouts and Volleyball are on the top of my mind right now. I also want to get my workouts wrote down for next week. I realized today I didn't have them scheduled through. :wink: Need to do a little B-day gift shopping for my friend at work so that should be fun. Good weather to hit the shops and coffee in between. DH made dinner reservations for us at a new restaurant that his friend opened up recently. I thought that was pretty sweet of him. :wink: So we will do that on Sat. evening. Spinning tonight after work, looking forward to it! :bigsmile:

Laurie: Great job with Xtreme KB again and Recovery Lower Body …. Not only the enjoyment factor but you’re getting your $’s worth on those DVD’s too which is awesome. I know, right?! :laugh: On Insane X. We will know more when the Biggest Loser competition is over at the gym and they see the participation. If it remains the same they are going to give it a try and see. Definitely more fun w/ 4x4 I think too due to the fast pace! Enjoy your weekend and the Sat Trick-or-Treating!

Michelle: Glad to hear you are feeling better, that’s great! Nice job on the walk again and I bet you are going to love the Zumba class along with Power Pilates. Great that you are meeting some fitness-minded women to do those things with. Hope you get to catch up on some pampering that was scheduled for this a.m.:wink:

Laurel: I have been reading almost every day about X-Train … CAN’T WAIT! :bigsmile: I think this is going to be such a great program. Hope your conference went well and you were able to get in a workout or two.

Hi Erika – Hope your work week ended fabulously and you have an awesome weekend!

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workouts for this weekend where 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Core and Recovery Lower Body on Sat., 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Cardio Kickboxing (for the last time :laugh: ) on Sun. and Prevention 3-2-1 Workout this morning. I have three non-Xtreme workouts of Chris Freytag's that I will be doing for these last three days of Oct. Then it will be on to my month of Cathe workouts. :wink: Had a nice weekend, but it sure was cold out. Just glad that I don't have young children anymore, so I didn't have to go outdoors to trick-or-treat. I didn't even have to hand out candy, since my youngest and her boyfriend handled all that. :wink:

Michelle, Glad to hear that you are feeling better. I bet that you are glad that you didn't have to be living on the east coast right now! That just looks like a really intense storm that they might be getting. There are three Xtreme workouts that I didn't see on youtube. The lower, upper and yoga workouts are missing. I think the three that they do have are the best though.

Tami, Hope that you had a good weekend to relax a little. I know that I did. That is what happens with me when I have had a busy work week. I really don't want to do to much on my weekends. :laugh: Hope you dinner on Sat. was a good one, that is really nice of your DH to do that. Yes I really have gotten my $ worth with these Xtreme workouts. I have not lost weight, but have noticed changes. That is the most important things. How was you v-ball last night?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

I had a great weekend with the family, Dance Central on Saturday, on Sunday I ran with Mr. C before church which was great because we had a Chinese luncheon for our departing Chaplain followed by a dinner that evening at a Mexican restaurant:bigsmile: We have not dined out here since we arrived in August, so it was a nice end to the weekend. This morning hubby and I hit the trail for a 45 min walk/run, as he is a 7 minute mile guy it was sweet that he was willing to walk with me plus we were able to talk without interruptions:laugh: Afterwards I did Windsor Pilates and felt that in my glutes nicely:wink: Today I went to a new doctor to remove and replace my BC implant and that took way longer than planned and left me with stitches in my arm:grumble: , so the doctor recommended no weights for 2 days.

Laurie- yes glad to not have the storm headed my way if we were in Boston, but our new location tends to be affected when the storms come in from the Gulf so next Summer will be very interesting. I'm happy to know that FEMA is on alert and ready to step in immediately.

Tami- I had planned on doing the Zumba and Pilates this Wednesday but with these stitches I may postpone that until next week. I'm laughing at your reading about X-Train everyday, but it does sound like a great program:bigsmile:

Erika & Laurel- Happy Monday:flowerforyou:

Ok anesthesia is wearing off and I need to find something to eat pronto:laugh:

Michelle

La
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Back from a long few days away. I really planned on working out, but just didn't have the time for it. The good thing is we were on our feet alot and I didn't eat much, so I feel no worse for a few days of unexpected 'vacation' from working out. But today I got right back to it with X2 V Sculpt and Ab Ripper followed by Cathe's Step Works. It was a good combo that fit in nicely time-wise for an early-ish morning meeting I had. This is my last week of Phase 2 of X2. I'm going to be sorry to say goodbye to these workouts. :ohwell:

Michelle, glad you enjoyed your weekend. Listen to the Doc and take those couple of days off. Sounds like you got plenty of activity in over the weekend to make up for it.

Laurie, are you sure it is the last time for that kickboxing workout? :tongue: Sounds like this has been a great rotation for you. I hope you enjoy your month of Cathe. As much as I'm not ready to be done with X2, I am looking forward to my rotation of pure Cathe coming up in December.

Tami, hope you enjoyed your weekend and didn't re-injure your shoulder with the volleyball! I, too, am really looking forward to X-TRAIN. Looks like there may be some good new moves in it, which I like. As far as X2, I haven't used the foam roller at all and only have one medicine ball. So when Tony does moves with more than one medicine ball, I do the modifications. No doubt these workouts would have been tougher with the multiple medicine balls, but I just can't justify the cost of them since I only ever use one at a time outside of X2. And I feel the workouts have been tough enough without them. To be perfectly honest, I can't see where I ever would have felt comfortable doing push-ups with all of my limbs balanced on medicine balls, so I'm not sure I would have even tried some of the moves. As far as the foam roller, if I were to continue this rotation, I probably would get one. I just haven't had the time or inclination during this rotation, but from what I hear, they are a great addition to any stretching routine. But I have been fine without it, especially since I haven't been doing the Recovery and Mobility DVD like I probably should have. :blushing: If you are planning on keeping that workout in the rotation, I would definitely recommend the foam roller.

Erika, hope you are well!

Must run! I will be out again tomorrow so I will see you again on Wednesday!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~
    Nice weekend for me! Sat was one of those days I wanted to just bottle up and save some for later type of feeling. Not sure why, just felt great, got in a nice workout. I decided to do AfterBurn (again) but did the added on cardio version, felt great. Enjoyed the day, bought my friend her B-day gift as planned at this darling new store I hadn’t been to yet. Loved it! Dangerous to know now because it is so close to my house. Went to the new restaurant with DH and it was so nice. Really fun atmosphere, excellent food and of course I nice glass of wine. It was quite a treat and a fun date.
    Yesterday I got a nice circuit workout in (KCM Circuit Burn) prior to Volleyball. Thought it would feel a lot better to be warmed up on my own and it did! I wanted to get in something that had some KB moves to it for some good upper body/shoulder motion! My shoulder was great and no pain today. :smile: They gym was way warmer than last week, I think that helped too. Normally they have the temp set at say “sub-zero” …. We all commented it felt better :laugh: :happy: I ran into a friend of mine from my high school Vball days and she paid me the nicest compliment … she told me I looked like I was aging backwards! I thought that was so sweet and a great thing to say! :laugh: Today’s workout is BootCamp (no a.m. workout, I’ve got to get out of my Mon a.m. rutt :ohwell: next week) so I am looking forward to it, especially not having that wind out of my lungs feeling this week!

Laurie: Great workouts! You’re wearing that DVD out girl!:wink: It will soon have a little rest though it sounds Ha Ha , joking, again it is so great you have enjoyed these workouts/rotation so much. How fun, starting up your new rotation. :bigsmile: Is it one Cathe had listed or one you made up on your own? Thanks for asking about my games. They went WAY better not only with feeling warmed up and ready to play but also our team played way better. We still walked away with only 3 wins (games) but it was ok, it was fun and we played pretty well together.

Michelle: It sounds like you had a really nice weekend! :smile: That’s great you got in quite a variety of things! Dancing, running, a nice walk with DH and also some Pilates. Great job! I know, right? :blushing: I have too much time on my hands. It’s just that I get the e-mail from Cathe’s site and have to take a quick read. Hope your arm/stitches heal quickly.

Laurel: Welcome Back! :smile: Sounds like it was a very busy conference for you. I’m sure it felt great to get right backing into X2! Again, the words “sorry to say goodbye to these workouts” is such a great sign of how much you have been enjoying the program. YAY for X2!! Yes, I was very happy to not have the shoulder pain again and felt great this a.m. Thanks for your thoughts/comments about the foam roller/med balls. I think we are on the same page in our thinking on that. I wanted to check first though if they were actually necessary. :wink: I just have one med ball as well and was hoping there are people who don’t use all 4 in the workouts. Good to know on the foam roller, I have heard good things about them for stretching.

Hi Erika ~ Hope you had a nice weekend! :smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow, Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I keep running short on time to check in at night, so I'm doing a quick check in before heading off to work! Workouts are good, although I can't figure out if evening or morning are working better. I'm tired all the time right now (must be the change in weather), so I'm usually dragging no matter what I do.

Last night was my first time doing STS Total Body (did the UB premix). How I ever made it through the STS program and those nearly an hour workouts, I'll never know! I struggled through my 28 minute workout last night! :blushing: I hope I can work my way back up to that type of workout not being so taxing, but we'll see!

Tami--Your weekend sounds great! Love the wanting to bottle it up, as it sounds just lovely! :bigsmile: What a nice treat to have a nice dinner out with the hubby! I'm glad to hear the shoulder is feeling better...sounds like the stretching paid off, and getting warmed up before the v-ball game was a great idea!

Laurel--Welcome back! :bigsmile: I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your "vacation" and that you are at peace with not having done any workouts. I remember a time when all of us would get so mad at ourselves if we missed a workout while away, and now we all realize just how hard we do work, that a few days off is ok and isn't going to set us back. Congrats on the last week of Phase 2 of P90X2!

Michelle--I am sending some relaxation vibes your way...you need some "me" time! I am sorry to hear the day of pampering was put on hold, and the debacle at the dr. to where you needed stiches! :grumble: But, sounds like your workouts have been great, esp. the walk/run with your hubby. How sweet of him to walk with you and I'm sure it was enjoyable to have some time to talk too!

Laurie--WHAT, you are moving on from Chris?!?!? :laugh: Just had to say that after your comments about doing the same KB workout multiple times. Sounds like you are wrapping up a great month of workouts, and ready to move on to another great month with Cathe! I'm glad to hear you got to relax during the trick-or-treating. I am the one usually at our door and the hubby takes the boys out. It is supposed to be a high of near 50 on Wednesday, so shouldn't be a terribly cold evening. I just went out with the boys to get their costumes last night...so behind on things lately! :ohwell:

Ok, gotta get ready for work. Talk to you all later!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm going to consider these last three days as recovery with these Prevention workouts. This morning was Chris's Belly, Butt and Thigh workout. Not difficult, so that is why I'm saying recovery. :laugh: Tomorrows workout should be a little more of the endurance factor.

Michelle, Nice that you where able to get in a walk/run with you DH. I sure wish my DH would do something. He has been walking the dog in the eveing, but that is never a really long walk. :wink: Even if you can't do weighted exercises, at least you can do the walk/run. :wink: I'm glad FEMA is there for them. Sounds like it will be very expensive.

Laurel, Well you did manage to get those X workouts done before you had that vacation. :wink: Your workouts where probably a lot better for those few days off. I'm actually excited to hear about the next phase workouts. :laugh: Hurry up last week of phase 2. :laugh: Just kidding! I am very curious about those weight workouts that he has made for the last phase. Have you seen hybrid rotations for mixing up all the P90X workouts? Now that Tony has so many the hybrids can be endless. We will see how this Cathe rotations goes, but so far I have planned out all my kickboxing to be Cathe workouts. Since she happens to have so many pre-mixes on the KPC DVD and Kickmax has some also. My month is full. :wink:

Tami, Sounds like a great meal. Glad to hear that v-ball was way better, and it should only improve as all of you get used to each other. :wink: What a great compliment you had on aging backward! I would love for someone to tell me that. :smile: I took a really old rotation of Cathe's and took out the workouts I won't do, and put in workouts that I will do. I have given up my step, so all the workouts are boxing or Hiit. I think one day is Drillmax, so I might have the step out for that one. :laugh: Might have to get the cobwebs off the step for that one. :blushing:

Erika, It is surprising how weight work and make us more tired that just a cardio workout can. :wink: I'm sure it will not take to much time for you to catch up. Yes I am ready to move on from Chris. :frown: I did have fun with these workouts though, so I'm sure that Chris will show up again on some other month. :laugh: I hope you are right on the weather, because it sure is not fun to be out in the cold for trick-o-treating. Today is super cold from the hurricane, it is pushing those winds our way.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,

Last night hubby told me he would not walk the full distance with me so I told him I would take the dog so that he could enjoy his run, needless to say the lil one slipped into our room and although I was wide awake I decided to stay warm and skip the cold winds:blushing: I walked with Mr. C this morning instead and followed that with Tonique Mat again..ouch:blushing: Today I made Sausage, egg, and mushroom mini quiches, using Lowcarb tortillas as a crust. I used a small can to create muffin size tortillas and lined the pans with those for added fiber and it was awesome. Next week I will make another batch using spinach, cheese, and diced chicken breast as my staples:bigsmile:

Laurel- Welcome back:flowerforyou: Glad to hear that X2 will be missed as it seems as if the program has veered into a functional fitness routine vs. Mass building or shredding program.

Erika- Gladly accepting all vibes my way:bigsmile: I think the sweet spot for weights is 45 mins, especially if it is a split routine. Sometimes we fall for the hype of 60 min routines but the truth is maintaining can be done with an effective 30-45 min full body circuits just as well. Find your sweet spot and eliminate the mental battle of feeling guilty for not wanting to use up so much time, which I'm also guilty of doing:blushing:

Laurie- Chris will miss you:laugh: As long as you were having fun then that is all that matters, can you please post your rotation once you narrow down the dvds as Boxing is always great and Cathe Hiit dvds are short and effective.

Tami- funny you mentioned the cold room and the lack of a warm-up before the game, I suffer with an old shoulder injury which acts up with too much shoulder work but warm-ups are key for me and of course cold weather will cause any arthritic injuries to flare up.

Have a great day:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~:smile:
    BootCamp went great, it was another packed full class which will maybe die off soon when the Biggest Loser competition is over. Makes it a little challenging to get through all the circuits but she had us do each one for 90 seconds instead of 60. This a.m. was Cathe’s CCC and tonight will be Insane-X. :wink:

Erika: I’m sure you will be right back with the energy on your weight workouts.:wink: It has been a while so I’m sure your body was feeling it a bit. Great job with getting in some weight work though. Cathe has a nice article this week on working out in shorter periods of time: http://cathe.com/set-point-and-exercise-is-more-exercise-better-for-weight-loss
    Yes, I’m glad too on my shoulder. That was an odd feeling. What characters did your boys decide to be for Halloween?

Laurie: I bet the recovery style workouts feel great and a nice way to transition out of one rotation into the next! :drinker: for Cathe rotation, I’m sure you will have fun with it as well. Sounds like you have it sorted out just perfect for what you need. I think if you needed to you could do DrillMax without the step… or what if you do it with just the platform?

Michelle: That recipe sounds really good! :tongue: Yum. Sounds like you got in a nice walk again and some more Tonique is always good! I love your advice to Erika …. Good for me to hear as well for times that I beat myself up mentally for not meeting my expectation for the day on workouts, :ohwell: :blushing: when really I have probably done enough.

Hi Laurel – Hope you were able to get in your workout before your busy day!

Have a great day everyone! Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last Chris workout :frown: with Kick Start Your Metabolism :love: , but onto Cathe tomorrow! :drinker: Great workout this morning, don't know why I don't do that one more often. It really is a fun workout. It incorporates kickboxing with weights.

Michelle, Your quiches sound really good. I understand about walking the dog in the cold. I had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning, it was just so nice and toasty in bed. LOL about Chris missing me. :laugh: I think that this rotation will appear again in the future. Yes I will be more than happy to share my rotation. I'm really enjoying the kickboxing, so that is my cardio of choice right now. Speaking of the MMA Boxing, I have that one schedule for the first week. I didn't put in the MMA Fusion workout, that one was not as fun for me. Maybe it will have to grow on me. :laugh: WTG on the workout!

Tami, CCC! :tongue: :laugh: One of these days I will want to get that one out again. To much dread factor for me yet. :laugh: The DrillMax workout is the only one that I have schedule that uses the step, so I think I can muscle through one workout with it. I test my knee every once in a while to see if anything has changed. I think the last one I tested was LowMax, and the knee did ok. I will probably just have the platform. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Here is my November rotation. I'm starting this tomorrow, so my off/yoga days are on Sunday. You can pick any Hiit workout, the Pyramid just happens to be my favorite.

01 Pyramid Lower Body
    02 Pyramid Upper Body
    03 MMA Boxing
    04 Off or Yoga
    05 Pyramid Lower Body / Hiit Double Wave Pyramid
    06 Pyramid Upper Body
    07 Kick, Punch & Crunch
    08 Power Hour
    09 MMA Kickboxing
    10 Power Hour
    11 Kickmax
    12 Drill Max
    13 Stability Ball Section only of Pyramid Legs / 15 min of Ab Hits
    14 Off or Yoga
    15 Bootcamp
    16 4DS Kickboxing / CTX Kickboxing
    17 Bootcamp
    18 Off or Yoga
    19 STS Total Body
    20 Kickmax: Low Impact Kickbox Premix
    21 KPC: Kicking & Punching Premix
    22 High Reps
    23 4DS Kickboxing / CTX Kickboxing
    24 High Reps
    25 Kickmax: Kickbox/Bootcamp Challenge Premix
    26 High Reps
    27 Hiit Double Wave Pyramid / Ab Segment only of PS Legs Abs
    28 Off or Yoga
    29 MMA Boxing
    30 4DS Kickboxing / CTX Kickboxing
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Yesterday was a busy day, but I started my day with my last go at Plyocide. I followed it with Cathe's Lower Body Trisets and, yes, I'm feeling it today. :noway: Not sure what it is about that combination, but it seems to make my hamstrings scream. But it is a fantastic combo that I'm sorry to say goodbye to. :cry: Today was X2 Chest, Shoulders and Triceps followed by Ab Ripper. I couldn't decide what to do for cardio, and ended up pulling out Step, Jump and Pump....just for something different. It was fun!

Laurie, that looks like a fantastic rotation. I love the variety you have in the strength training. And, of course, lots of kickboxing! :wink: Let us know how it goes. To me, it looks like all kinds of fun. It is funny that you asked about Tony's hybrid programs. I haven't looked for one yet, but I was wondering if maybe somebody had put together a hybrid of P90X and P90X2 (those are the only two programs of his that I own). I think I would enjoy such a hybrid, and may either look for one after X-TRAIN or come up with one on my own. I will have to give it some thought. And I'm hurrying through Phase 2. :laugh: Looks like I might try for the first workout of Phase 3 on Saturday, so I will hopefully be able to report next Monday on the two main workouts he does for the phase. I said 'hopefully' of course. :smile:

Erika, no doubt the change in seasons can be making you more tired than usual. Sounds like you are still working out though, which is good. Like Tami pointed out, there was a great article in Cathe's latest newsletter about how long to workout. If an hour is too long for you, there is no real need to do an hour, especially when it comes to strength training. There are arguments that working out longer when doing cardio is better for the heart (Cathe's article was focused on weight loss). But strength training can effectively be done in less than 30 minutes a day to be honest. All that I've really seen emphasized is to make sure to hit each body part twice a week for effective strength training. More than that is not necessary. Less than that is really more about maintenance. So do what you can and don't worry about the rest!

Michelle, I remember that Tonique Mat workout is a killer. I kept thinking she stopped counting on some moves because they went on forever! Great job getting through it. Yes, X2 is all about functional fitness. And it seems to be working. DH mentioned lately that he thinks I look really lean and strong right now, and I haven't been doing nearly as much tough cardio OR heavy weightlifting. So there is something to be said about this, that's for sure. I thnk, in the long run, I may credit doing X2 for completely changing my approach to fitness. We'll see, but I really have been enjoying this type of workout.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed a great weekend. Don't you just love those days when they end and you think to yourself 'Can't we just do it all over again?' That's a good day. Sounds like your workouts are going terrific! And I'm so glad your shoulder is feeling better. I'm sure being properly warmed up AND having a warmer environment helped!

Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Halloween!
    Last night was Insane-X (as planned) and it was really great. :bigsmile: We had the highest attendance ever, she had almost the whole gym full, lots of room between us but still, it was great to see! Considering 6 weeks ago she was scared on her first night of teaching. Good affirmation that she is doing great I think! This a.m. was Lower Body Blast and tonight will be Spinning before I head home. :wink:

Laurie: Nice job on your last CF workout today! :smile: She will miss you forsure …. Thanks for posting your rotation, looks like a great one. Lots of KB so it should be very fun! Cathe’s Pyramid workout is one that I need to someday re-purchase, (ok don’t really “need” it but would like to:blushing: ) in DVD, I only have VHS and don’t have a VHS player anymore. I always enjoyed the Pyramid format. I almost mentioned yesterday that I always think of you doing the CCC workout :laugh: so I’m glad you did. Get it out one of these days and maybe you will enjoy it & not have the dread factor! I do think you will be just fine in DrillMax with the platform. The whole workout doesn’t involve the step so should be good, but like you said if it is only once then you should be good to go!

Laurel: Great combos of workouts! :bigsmile: I have Full Body Tri-Sets on the calendar for tomorrow a.m. Hope to get both upper & lower pre-mix in. I'll need to start even earlier. How is the choreography in Step, Jump & Pump? I have that DVD but I think I’ve always thought it might be a little “tricky” for me. :frown: :blushing: Received it FREE in the mail by mistake when I was having some DVD issues, they sent it in place of the one I needed replaced & told me to go ahead and keep it. At any rate, it made me think to ask. Can’t wait to hear about Phase 3 as well on X2. Everything you have said so far about X2 really has me sold on the program:smile: …. Might be on the Christmas wish list this year. The 15 workout set per your recommendation! What a great compliment from your hubby …. and he sees you every day so that shows you have had some proven results! :bigsmile: Very nice. Do you wear your GWF anymore? I just started wearing mine again after a break from it all summer. It now syncs with MFP, which is great for the whole calorie/food logging. Just curious …

Hello Michelle & Erika :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

So I'm all ready to do my Pyramid Lower Body, I open the DVD case and there is NO DVD! :noway: I think I know where it is, but at 5am my brain wasn't thinking very clearly. I put in Leaner Legs, and will hunt down the DVD tonight. :wink: I was ok doing LL, but sure was a bit disapointed. :frown: Oh well, I do have a back up plan if the DVD is not where I think it is.

Laurel, LOL, no rush on the next phase workouts. :laugh: I think that you could probably come up with something great mixing those P90X systems. :wink: Guess you had that same love going with that workout like I did with CF's kickboxing workouts. :wink: The variety in strength training is why I picked this rotation out of all the ones that Cathe has created. It was from '03, so I was able to incorporate some of the workouts that she had in there, and more of the ones that I like. :laugh:

Tami, I'm so glad to hear that the instructor has taken on the InsaneX class, and made it her own. If she continues to have that type of participation after The Biggest Loser is done, then they will probably have that second class for sure. :wink: LBB was one of the workouts that I concidered replacing PLB with. :laugh: It was just a bit to long for my timeframe. Hopefully I will not have to purchase that DVD also. :wink: I had a really hard time this morning making a choice, I just can't imagine what my mornings would be like if I didn't have a set rotation to do. :sick: It took me to long to decide as it was. :noway:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,

A lazy day for me after a whirlwind of workouts yesterday. I have been enjoying my time with hubby albeit at 5:15am, but I'm an insomniac anyway:blushing: so we headed out for the trails and took Mr. Capone for a 3 mile walk/run. Afterwards I did Windor Pilates and then two hours later I met my neighbor for Zumba and followed that with Core Pilates:noway: What was I thinking:huh: Needless to say I came home and enjoyed a nice bowl of rice to refuel but this morning I was stiff and my stomach was on fire:bigsmile: I opted to clean the kitchen, try to file down Mr. C's nails with this Pedipaw:grumble: and refuel with water and clean proteins.

Last week the moving company found the feet to our formal LR sofa and the driver brought them over so I finally finished decorating the office and my type A personality feel so much better to see the complete picture:blushing:

Laurie- Thanks for sharing and I'm not as found of the Fusion either. I love the Boxing but wished the combos were shorter. Yes this morning was one of those for me as hubby had planned on running but his allergies had him sleeping in with me this morning:bigsmile:

Laurel- Thanks for sharing the difference for you with X2 as I have not heard as much kudos with X2 as we did with the original.

Tami- Glad that the class is going well. This morning I had planned on trying the spinning but was too tired and I'm also concern with my knee and potential "bulking" with spin class or is that more myth than fact? As someone with great gams, do you think spinning has contributed or Cathe's hardcore leg dvds?

Erika- How was halloween for the boys? I decided not to go and stayed home with the dog and only had one set of kids visit...my eldest classmates and I took their mini peanut M&M's:blushing:

Ok have a great day:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! This morning was Cross Fire followed by X2 Yoga. I am definitely happy that the one workout I get to carry into the next phase of X2 is the Yoga workout. I always feel so good when I finish it. I'm thinking I probably could stand to do yoga more than once a week. :blushing:

Michelle, WOW on the workouts! Yeah, I can imagine you were sore this morning! :noway: Sounds like alot of fun though. I'm so glad you finally feel like you are getting your house complete. I've given up on feeling that way in this house as I just don't have the energy to properly move in after moving in thinking it was only going to be temporarily. We've lived with it this way for seven months. What's another 12? Regarding X2, I'm not surprised it wasn't as well received as P90X. P90X is really that 'guy' system for home. Pull-ups, push-ups, etc. All the things that make guys feel like they are working out. And, to be honest, it was guys who put P90X on the map. Ladies have been doing workout DVDs for decades but, finally, with P90X, the guys got involved. X2 is completely different and for those not willing to change how they view exercise (it's all about how many pull-ups I can do or how much weight I am lifting), I'm sure it didn't have the same appeal. But I think it is a better program for overall health and fitness....by far.

Laurie, I'm sorry about PLB!! What a disappointment. But at least you substituted in a great workout. I haven't done LL in a long time, but it will always be one of my favorites. BTW, I agree with Tami about Drill Max. I think you will be just fine using the platform of your step since there really isn't that much emphasis on step in that workout. You could probably do it without a step at all, but I know that always messes me up a bit when I try that on certain moves.

Tami, sounds like class was alot of fun. I'm so glad the instructor is doing so well with it. That must make her feel great! Step, Jump and Pump isn't too tricky. She does 21 minutes of step (including the warm-up), then about 35-40 minutes of high impact floor cardio (one section is low impact) alternating with weights. So, for instance, you do a five minute cardio routine followed by five minutes focused on legs and back. The choreography isn't too tough (not alot of spins and turns or work with your back to the step which always kills me). It isn't a super tough workout either, so I like it for 'lighter' days. Step Blast, which is on the same DVD, is tougher choreographically, but it is, without ANY doubt, my favorite of Cathe's step workouts. I just have too much fun with it for some reason. I'd suggest giving them a look sometime because, as with many of Cathe's DVDs, there are SO many premixes on this DVD that you can do pretty much anything you want with just two workouts.

Erika, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!! :bigsmile:

I am in the middle of day 1 off with the boys, and tomorrow will be day 2. They didn't have school (conferences), and my new boss was so sweet to let me have 2 days off after only being there 1 month! :bigsmile:

Tuesday night was a run on the treadmill, and yesterday was a rest day. I overdid it on the candy, but given that I don't really eat candy anymore, I just went for it! The boys ended up being werewolves, which they just loved! :bigsmile: I pulled a Modern Family episode on Halloween...or so several people told me (I missed the last episode they were all talking about). So, I always decorate outside for Halloween with a talking witch (with glowing red eyes), a spider that drops down in people's face when they come to the door, a strobe light with scary music, a skeleton in the yard, black lights for porch lights and then some cutesy stuff too. Well, the boys told me not to put any of that out because I had so many little kids scared to come up to our door. I decided to do it all anyway (it is definitely scaled down from what I usually do) and the 1st kid of the night was bawling by the time he got to the door with his dad! So, I had very few little kids, but lots of 9-12 year olds. We had a total of around 80 kids, which was fun! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Ok, so I did the Trisets LB workout last week, and I remember there being a move in there that I felt immediately in my hammies, and remembered you saying how bad your DOMS were after that one. I totally get it, I was super sore too, but it was nice!! :bigsmile: It sounds like you are enjoying the wrap up of P90X2 phase 2!

Tami---What fun to have so many attending the classes, it sure makes for a fun, pumped up atmosphere, I'm sure! :bigsmile: Thanks for the link to the article, I'll have to check that one out! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Ooh, those early morning run/walk sessions sound tiring, but I bet it keeps your metabolism revving all day! :bigsmile: Anything early morning sounds torturous to me lately, as I've been so tired in the mornings! :ohwell: Great job on the Wednesday workouts...I'd be super sore after all that too! Yay on the furniture feet...I would have a huge weight lifted off my shoulders after getting that little decorating project done...I'm right there with you...it drives me nuts until it's complete!

Laurie--What a frustrating way to start your Cathe month (which looks fab, by the way!). I hope you were able to find the DVD, I wouldn't even be able to work out until I found it, so I'm glad you were able to still push through with LL! :bigsmile: I'm on a Cathe kick right now too. I'm able to find a lot of pre-mixes that work for my 20-45 minute window I'm looking for. Eventually, I'll take another run at Chalean Extreme, but only after I get tired of Cathe and need a break.

Have a wonderful day. I'll likely not be back on here until Monday. The boys want to be out and about tomorrow (vs. today's day of just lounging!).

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Spinning was really great last night! It was a full class, which surprised me since it was Halloween. We did a pyramid style of riding. Hill climb, stand up climb, hover climb, then sprint, jog, hover and repeat. Each one getting longer and longer then back down then back up. It was a sweat-fest forsure but fun! Today I'm planning on the Total Body Tri-Sets premix from Cathe’s LIS when I get home:smile:

Laurie: Darn it on the Pyramid workout being MIA this a.m. :ohwell: I can understand at that time in the a.m. and like me, you’re on a time crunch to not be looking around. :laugh: Remember that LBB does offer some shorter pre-mixes on it too. I know what you mean on that “decision” time and if it isn’t wrote down …. OY!

Michelle: Whoa woman! :huh: Nice job on the workouts yesterday. I bet it felt great though. Thanks :smile: I would have to say as far as spinning goes and legs “bulking” ~ unless you are doing a ton of heavy hill work on the bike your legs wouldn’t bulk up. When you are sitting and doing hillwork you definitely push with your quads, when you stand and do hillwork you “pull” with your hamstrings, so there is a good balance but I haven’t noticed “bulk”. The benefits I have noticed is overall leg strength, strong hip flexors forsure :laugh: and my core is worked like crazy, which is great. Every time you pull your knees up you are using your core. On the knee concern, if you have the instructor help you get set up with settings, you should be positioned just fine as to not hurt your knees. They often compare it to doing a lunge improperly if you aren’t set up correct. I have to give Cathe’s workouts a thumbs up as well to round out the leg routine. She truly works the legs COMPLETELY! :bigsmile:

Laurel: What a fun combo today and I’m sure it felt fabulous! :bigsmile: Can’t wait to someday try the X2 Yoga! See how I am now talking about it like it’s going to happen :wink: Thanks for your review on “SJP” – that definitely sounds doable. I did see that it has a lot of great pre-mixes so now that I know, I will take a look. :wink:

Erika: Your Halloween sounds like it was lots of fun. OK your new job is beyond amazing! What a great boss :bigsmile: you deserve that kind of treatment forsure, congrats! Our Halloween was very quiet :frown: we live in a dark cul-de-sac so we don’t hardly ever get that many kids. I do love it when we do because they are so cute. Our friends stopped by with their daughter and stayed for a while though so that was cute!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Found my DVD so all is good. Some time in the past I had to use our portable DVD player, because my basement unit was dead. I left the DVD in the player, and my girls put the disk in the case. So it has been there for a few years at least. :blushing: This morning was PUB, and it was great. I love being able to just use DB's for a workout.

Michelle, That is a whilwind of workouts. :noway: Good job on that though. Sorry to hear that your DH is suffering. I take it the nail clipping didn't go so well with Mr. C. :wink: I always leave that to the groomer, because I'm afraid I will get to close. :drinker: on getting your LR decorated. When I do those MMA workouts, I don't drag out the bands. I tend to trip on anything that isn't nailed down. I'm guessing it is because I don't jump as high as they do in the workout. :laugh:

Laurel, LL always makes me sweat buckets. :wink: My thutt area is talking to me this morning, so I know I worked out that area really well. :drinker: for the yoga! That is about the only thing that will be non-Cathe during my rotation. I didn't purchase Cathe's yoga, and all I have is her Stretchmax. I'm opting for yoga, because I know that I will enjoy that more than those three stretching workouts. :wink: That is what I was thinking on Drillmax, I really need that base just to make sure I'm not messing up. :laugh:

Erika, LOL about not resisting the temptation to put out the scarry stuff. That is very nice that you get to spend two days with the boys, and you don't have to run them to something during the day. :wink: I'm sure that is enjoyable. It must be the month for working out with Cathe. :laugh: I'm glad that I decided to find a rotation that I new I could enjoy, or making the rotation work for me.

Tami, Guess all those people wanted to work off some calories before they had the temptation of candy. :laugh: I was looking at the premixes on the LBB workout, and they where all pretty lengthy. At least that is what the back of the case said. Now that I have found the DVD, I will be keeping to the schedule. I'm just a very sad person for not wanting to deviate from the rotation. :laugh: SJP is not tricky, that is one that I can actually do. Step Blast was a bit more complicated, but doable.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies,

Early out this morning with hubby and I have finally accepted that it is my new norm as he referred to us as the "early morning exercise couple":laugh: Afterward it was Windsor Pilates Buns and Thighs and KCm Upper Body Split. Tomorrow we are spending the day in the neighboring city and hoping to start some Xmas shopping although the lists are very short this year. My eldest is hoping to receive a new Droid phone after losing hers a year ago and my mom has volunteered to provide that gift. I'm thinking it will be more window shopping and dinner :blushing:

Laurie- laughing at the missing DVD which has thrown my plans right out the window for sure, glad it worked out:laugh:

Erika- Poor kids...why did the parent approach the door?:grumble: Seriously 80 kids:noway: I barely had enough candy so I can't imagine your stash:bigsmile:

Laurel- thanks that puts it in perspective, X2 vs. insanity, which is better?

Tami- Thanks for the great info, I also looked up some classes on Youtube:blushing: , my biggest thing is being a Pear shaped and hearing so many views although I do recall years ago my trainer would have me do drills on the bike and then run on the treadmill afterwards for a steady state Cardio.

Have a great weekend.

Michelle