Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I enjoyed a good weekend here. Saturday was my day off from working out this week. DH and I had been up late on Friday because the AF v Hawaii football game didn't start until 7:30pm, so we weren't home until after 11:00pm, and then I had to wind down. Good new is the Air Force won and secured themselves a Bowl bid for the sixth straight years. Pretty good for this young team. So Saturday was spent catching up on stuff around the house and grocery shopping which isn't much fun this time of year. :ohwell: Yesterday I had a great workout. I started with X2 PAP Lower and followed it with STS Disk 26/Plyo Legs! :noway: What a fantastic combination!

Today was another great day with X2 PAP Upper followed by Body Max 2. Tough, tough stuff there. Only one more time through each with this PAP workouts. I'm going to miss them because I love the way they work my body.

Erika, glad you enjoyed 4DS Lower Body. I must admit, that 4DS Kickbox workout is one of my favorites of Cathe's. Love the KB AND the strength work on it. Yes, we are definitely enjoying unusually warm weather. We are supposed to be in the 70s on Wednesday! DH and I are actually talking about golfing on Thanksgiving morning. One of the courses here is starting people out on each hole at 9:00am to get everybody off the course by about 1:00pm in time for dinner. I jdo a turkey breast (in a crockpot) for dinner, so I can start that before we go (if we go) and do the rest when we get home. It's tempting. Might as well enjoy the weather while we have it.....though, right now, I'd prefer a little 'winter' to get me in the mood for the holidays.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed a good weekend. Keep us posted on how you enjoy them. Like you, I really don't like feeling like a klutz during my workouts, though I never do anything quite as well as those on the DVD. :tongue: But I don't feel like I'm working out much when I'm just a jumble of uncoordination! :laugh: Yes, this X2 rotation absolutely flew by. I am definitely going to do it again, because I really have enjoyed it. I think I might miss Tony when I finish! :blushing:

Michelle, if there is ever any standard to women's clothing, I'll be amazed. The range of sizes I wear is amazing to me. So don't pay attention to the size of the dress and just go for fit. The size means nothing--good OR bad. It always frustrates me. Poor DH won't even attempt to buy me clothes anymore (unless it is something simple like a sweater) because of the sizing issues. I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip to see your mother. I hope your FIL is all right. Thanks for the info on your husband's twitching. I've always associated it with his workouts, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Maybe it is stress. I'll have to think about that. Poor guy is within a year of his mandatory retirement from the AF, and I think it is on his mind more than he lets on right now.

Tami, great workouts over the weekend! Yep, I'm right there with you loving the Cross Fire and To The Max workouts. I love the variety, and, because of the variety, they seem to just fly by. I find myself reaching for them more than I should, so I force myself to do other things. I'm so glad you convinced me to get them because they are definitely keepers in my book. Thanks for the info on 4DS v LIS Trisets. One of the things I was thinking about the other day about X2 is that it doesn't necessarily work body parts as much as it works the overall body. I think the same could probably be said in the 4DS v LIS Trisets comparison. 4DS Total Body is all about body parts, and Trisets is more about working the overall body. I definitely like both approaches, but am beginning to appreciate the benefit of the latter more and more after this X2 rotation.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Really enjoyed Cardio Strength 1 last night. I didn't do any of the other workouts, because I was tired after I was done. :wink: I have dubed these a combo of Insanity and Cathe. :laugh: This was a 60 min. workout, but it went quick. I like that she doesn't stay on one move for a long time either. Basecamp is usually taking it easy, the ascent was all strength work with some moves that I have never done before. I'm feeling muscles that may not have gotten worked in a very long time. :wink: Then we go into Climb, this section is tough. Michelle does a great job of making the cardio fun though, because she doesn't stick with the same cardio through the whole climb. At the end is 30 sec. of Peak, whick is one move done as fast as you can. There are 10 circuits, and each circuit is done twice. All the circuits from base to peak are 5 min.

Michelle, I hope you are able to find a great dress for your cruise. I have not shopped for a formal gown in a very very long time. :wink: Sorry to hear about your FIL, but nice of you to have him at your house. :wink: Very interesting about the twitching, will have to talk to my DH about that also. I know a lot of his issues (besides snoring) are all stress realted. Just wish that guys would "talk" more. :wink: Ask him how things are and all you get is "fine". He did that this weekend when he was asked how he was dealing with not having the faire guildemaster job anymore. And he said that he was doing fine. I blurted out that no he wasn't. I'm sure he didn't want his brother to give him a hard time, which he didn't do to badly. :wink: The two workouts that are 30 min. in this Peak set are the core and flexiblity workout. All the others are 45-60 min. in length.

Tami, Great workouts this weekend, sure sounds like you had a busy time. :wink: The Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn is on schedule for tonight. :wink: From what I understand those two workouts that you have are redone for this set. All the same moves, just different people in the background. I will be putting the More Peak workouts on my Christmas list, those will be great to add onto this rotation. Michelle is looking at making some more workouts, she even said one with a step. I'm probably not going to order that one if she does make it. :laugh: I like the way she incorporates the all the hi/lo / plyo / kickboxing. :wink: One of the things that I had a hard time with Insanity, was doing one move over and over...

Laurel, Congrats on the AF bowl game! That is exciting. UWW has gone to the rose bowl, and it is always exciting in this state when that happens. :laugh: I am amazed that you did those workouts! :bigsmile: Here I was dead tired after this Peak 10 workout, but I'm hoping that was because I have never done it before. :laugh: Well I can make that excuse. :laugh: I think our husbands don't think that we can see that they are stressed about things. When I bring something up, my DH gives me this look of surprise. Like how did I know he was feeling that way. Like I haven't lived with him for 25 years! :huh: Kind of know the mood changes by now. :wink:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last night my shifts were canceled for the rest of the week so it was nice in a way:blushing: The girls are off tomorrow and hubby heads out of town so it will be pretty quiet here for us this week, still not sure of the status of my FIL so I will just make a simple turkey-less meal for us. Hubby slept in this morning so it is just me and my KB creating some nice moves while listening to MSNBC. I definitely hit my abs with some moves I took from BH KB workout along with some from Brook Benten Butts and Glutes KB. Overall this little bell is truly versatile and if performed correctly definitely hits my glutes and my inner thighs:bigsmile: By the end of the 30 minutes I had worked up a nice sheen and could feel it in my lower body more than anything.

Laurie- I was able to look at the PeakFit and a couple of those workouts look like her newest releases. I was looking to purchase her strength dvd but 60 minutes was the turn-off for me. I'm glad to see that you are enjoying the system so far:bigsmile: Did you measure prior to starting as I can see this shredding some fat and leaning you out significantly with lost inches.:bigsmile:

Laurel- Retirement has been a big discussion for us also, especially with a GS offer prior to us leaving Texas. I'm not keen to head back to Texas but opportunities are definitely abundant there with 3 bases, hospitals and teaching positions for both of us. It is a big decision especially when active duty is all that they know and have done for 20+ years. It is scary for me especially as my type A personality requires a solid feasible plan A& B before major decisions:blushing: I have noticed with our daily morning sessions that my husband sleeps better so I'm not sure if exercise is a correlation to his disruptive sleep, it sounds as if our husband's REM sleep phase is disruptive compared to true REM where our body tends to shut down and heal. Does he drink coffee late at night?

Erika- I'm so happy that the new job is turning out to be a great decision:bigsmile: OMG practice at 7:15 on the weekend at that age:noway: We did not join the swim team here because of the required daily 2 hour training sessions during the school week from 7-9pm, are they serious?:grumble: Hubby of course is all for it but with the move, transitions, new school, I decided to see how this semester finished before placing her into such an arduous routine combined with middle school.

Tami- Yes to a bit of pampering:wink: It seems like your weekend was definitely an active one:bigsmile: I will get my card for the New Year when I return from the cruise and hopefully will feel more settled here and ready to branch out. I have to say although it is a bit further than the local YMCA, it has some truly exciting and intimidating classes to test and after reading your awesome descriptions I decided to jump in the fray:laugh:

Have a great day,
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was my recovery day, but unlike last week, I didn't really take it. I started my day with Kick Max and followed it with Butts and Guts. Both felt really good today.

Laurie, those workouts sound really interesting. A blend between Insanity and Cathe? Hmmmmm.....sounds good to me. Keep us posted on how you like it, but I love the way your described this one workout and the 'peak' format. Sounds intense. I'm with you on husbands and hiding things. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't seem to have a real good read on on his own moods. In fact, he has often said he thinks I read/know him better than he does. He isn't one for introspection or taking time to 'smell the roses', and I think he pays for it sometimes. He is such an even tempered person that it really does surprise me sometimes when things hit him at all. But I'm the first one to see it when it does. :ohwell:

Michelle, sounds like this is going to be an interesting holiday for you. I hope your FIL is doing all right and you enjoy the time with your girls. Yep, my DH will be hitting 30 years in the AF next year. He doesn't know anything else, and that has got to be weighing on his mind right now. He absolutely loves the AF, and my only hope is he can find something after he likes at least a little bit as much. I think he might try to continue working with the AF. In fact, San Antonio is one of our possible destinations as we have quite a few friends down there and, as you said, with that huge military population, jobs are there (within reason, of course). We are planning on heading down there next summer (for a conference) and looking around. DH has been there a number of times, of course, but wants me to see it before discussing it too much further. Florida (around Eglin AFB) is another possible destination for pretty much the same reason. It will be an interesting transition, but I am ready for it. I love the AF, but I'm also ready to move on to another phase in life. Regarding twitching, it is interesting you mention coffee drinking because DH does drink a soda right before coming to bed. I've been wondering if that might have something to do with it. He snacks pretty late at night as well, and it has crossed my mind that might be playing into it as well. I'll have to look into that a bit more. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tami and Erika, hope you are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was her usual style last night! Our stations had a lot of upper body work – I would say mostly Chest/Shoulders and a bunch of abwork at the end. I guess someone asked her to NOT do legs. She did have one station with one-arm push ups and the next station was of course the other arm. A guy behind me was watching me and yelled out NO WAY because I was able to do them. :laugh: OK, not for a minute straight but I pumped out 10 (on toes), rested and started again … It was pretty funny. :wink: Headed to Insane-X tonight but found out no Spinning tomorrow. They close early. I suppose for everyone to be able to prepare for the holiday. They do have two a.m. classes that are filled on Thanksgiving Day but I was planning on my home workouts anyway so no worries there.

Laurie: The Peak format is unique isn’t it?! :smile: They go by super fast & I’m always surprised at the calorie burn at the end. I agree with the variety she throws in you get a little bit of everything. I’m so glad you are enjoying your new set! The Strength workout would be fun as well doing it in her “peak” sequence/style. I’m sure you will love your workout tonight, that is a fun one! I’m with ya on the DH “moods”. You can absolutely see it on their face or body language and you ask what’s up ….. nothing, why? Ummmm, ok. DH finally told me he sometimes doesn’t want to talk about it because to him it is re-living his whole day and he would rather not. Good logic, but talking about it helps sometimes.:ohwell:

Michelle: Sounds like you had a nice workout today with the KB! :drinker: That’s great. Hope your FIL is doing better soon and you hear good news there. The low-key plan with a turkey-less meal sounds perfect for Thanksgiving. We are doing the same. Just DH, myself and his parents for the day so very quiet. It was an active weekend forsure .. planning on the same for the long weekend ahead, maybe watch a few recorded TV shows too! YAY! I’m happy I could help with that decision on the punch card at the gym :wink: It will be fun to try them out and see what you like/don’t like.

Laurel: :laugh: :noway: on the Recovery Day ….. again! Way to get after those workouts. Over the weekend & yesterday too – Yowsa! The PAP workouts with X2 sound like they are amazing and definitely a good sign to hear you will miss them. That means they are really great. :bigsmile: I can’t believe you and DH may go golfing on Turkey Day! That is some nice weather. We are having the pouring down rain and 40’s :grumble: I’m with you, I would much rather have white snow and cold temps – feels more festive and also seems to brighten the days. I agree on TriSets being more like functional “overall body” training! Which is why I enjoy it so much. :wink: P.S. Congrats to your Air Force team winning over the weekend! :drinker:

Hi Erika :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies TGIW!! :laugh:

Quick check in for me, as I need to get ready for work. But, yesterday was a rest day as I had a meeting that started at 7am, and I had to leave the house by 6. This morning was Cathe PUB Up only premix.

Tami--Love the workouts, and the fun classes. My favorite part was the guy behind you in bootcamp saying NO WAY! Love it!!! Enjoy your nice long weekend at home with the hubby! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Bummer on the FIL being in the hospital and having to change up the Thanksgiving plans. I hope he's out and feeling better in time for Thanksgiving. Keep up the awesome workouts, they sound great. I too am struggling with how to change up my diet to shed a few...I don't feel like I'm eating any more than normal, but my body is telling me otherwise! :grumble: Enjoy the nice long weekend, now that your shifts got cancelled for the week!

Laurie--The Peak workouts sound right up your alley (once you adjust to hi/lo)! I hope you continue to enjoy them, as it sounds like there is a lot of workout packed into a short time! Nice that you had your in-law Thanksgiving this week already. Hopefully that means enjoying some time with the family at home for Thanksgiving day!

Laurel--Enjoy the last couple workouts this week of P90X+ and golfing on Thursday. I will be ready for LOTS of snow after Thanksgiving passes! :bigsmile: Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

I'll catch up with you all next week. We've got a long weekend full of hockey, plus I will have one or both of my brothers boys for the rest of the week too. But, it will be fun!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I flew into work this morning, there was no traffic! :laugh: I got into work a half hour earlier than I normally do, and I left my house at my normal time. :noway: It is going to be a very quiet day here, since it appears the whole plant decided today was a good day to take off. I don't blame them. Well last nights Peak Fit Cardio Interval Burn was AWESOME! :bigsmile: Same concept with the basecamp, ascent, climb and then peak. Lot's of great kickboxing moves, and even though this one was a 65 min. workout it didn't seem so. Was a puddle of sweat when I finished. :wink:

Michelle, Dang on the quiet week you have in store. My DH told me this morning that he will probably be in FL at the beginning of Dec. It is easier for me with only one child, and she can pretty much take care of herself. :wink: Yes these Peak Fit workouts are a little longer, but within my time frame. Now that I'm working out in the evening I do have more time, but I still want to keep it within an hour or so. :wink: I did take measurements, so I'm hoping for some good numbers by the end of the 8 weeks.

Laurel, LOL about your recovery! Those workouts don't sound like recovery to me. :laugh: If you enjoy the workouts, and your body is good with them then have fun. You have described my DH to a T also. This Peak workout was very different than anything that I have done before, but I think that she has just a touch of the Turbo Jam in there. I usually don't do the dancy moves when those come up. :laugh: No hip swinging for this girl. :laugh:

Tami, WTG on the one-arm push ups!!! I know that I couldn't pump out 10 of those, so that is great. I love the fact that this isn't all out cardio, but that the climb and peak are so intense. I was totally surprised at how many calories I burnt, so I didn't feel guilty when I had a piece of garlic bread for dinner. And of course some of my Skinny Girl California Red. :blushing: I just can't give up my vino with my Italian food. :blushing: I think these guys of ours do need to talk a little more about there day, keeping it all in causes more stress. :wink: DH has been talking more, and I think it is helpful. They are planning on making changes at work, one of the reasons that he is going to FL, and I think it has bothered him more than he thinks. Then top that off with the faire stuff. :frown:

Erika, I did enjoy those Pyramid workouts, and will get back to those for sure. Maybe that was my problem, I shouldn't have stopped doing that DVD. :wink: I hope that since I have gotten through these workouts, it will get better for me on the hi/lo. One of the nice things is that she doesn't do a lot of it. I don't like MIC because that is all hi/lo! :laugh: We will have DH's parents over for Thanksgiving, just not his brother's family. I didn't want his parents to be alone on Thanksgiving, so they will be coming over. The girls want my cooking, so I was making food anyway. This way we won't have so many leftovers. :wink:

If I don't get on tomorrow have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies & Happy Short Week!!! :bigsmile:

This a.m. was Cardio Supersets and Spinning is ON afterall! :bigsmile: Several of us that take her Spinning class also go to the Insane-X class (last night) which was great by the way …. It was Pure Cardio and at the end she added on her own mix of things for the last 3 exercises. It was great. Anyway, she didn’t realize they had told everyone there wasn’t a class and was planning on teaching it anyway ….. so we are showing up and she is doing the class for FREE. Bless her heart! So it will be good & al the regular peeps will be there it sounds like, so should be fun :wink:

Erika: Sounds like a great rest of the week planned with family & hockey! Nice job with Cathe’s PUB this a.m. I know, pretty funny at BootCamp! Have a great rest of your week with the family and time off. :smile:

Laurie: I had a feeling you would love PF Interval Burn! That is probably my favorite of the two. Time flies by and lots of variety/fun. Great job & it will be fun to track your results at the end! Nice job doing your measurements. Sounds like you earned that garlic bread/vino! :wink: Sounds like you will have a nice family get together with your girls and in-laws. Hope you have a nice holiday.

Hello Laurel & Michelle:bigsmile:

Happy Thanksgiving to you all …… I’m thankful to have you all as my MFP family! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm sorry I missed you all on Wednesday as I planned on popping in to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.....but DH surprised me by coming home late morning so we could enjoy the rest of the day on the golf course. With 71 degree temps outside, I couldn't say no! So off we went. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We did here. It was quiet, but nice.

I did manage to get all of my X2 workouts in, and, as of today, I am officially done with the program. No doubt I could have done this last phase for one more week, but I am ready to move on. I really did enjoy this program much more than I thought I would. I have to recommend it highly. I think it was a better program than P90X.....by far.

Tami, great job on the one-arm pushups! That's some tough stuff there! Sounds like the classes are going well, and what a bonus to get a class free. Sounds like fun.

Erika, I'm not sure about lots of snow after Thanksgiving! Still not even a hint of moisture in the extended forecast. I think we are in for a long, dry winter. I shouldn't complain, but I do love snow sometimes, especially this time of year.

Laurie, these Peak workouts have me intrigued. Do you consider them advanced? Is there alot of impact? Just curious. They sound really good!!

Michelle, hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

I will be MIA for the first couple of days next week, but will see you (hopefully) on Wednesday. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Wow, did the 4 day weekend fly by! :ohwell: We had a fabulous Thanksgiving, and I got to bring home my brothers 2 boys with us for a couple days, which was a blast. The boys are just a couple years younger than my boys, so they all play together great! We had lots of hockey Saturday and Sunday, which is probably why the weekend felt like it flew by too.

I only did 2 days of workouts over the 4 day weekend, with how busy we were running here and there, but they were good ones. Started my Monday off with Chalene's Burn 1 workout! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Congrats on finishing up P90X+!!!:bigsmile: I'm sure it feels great to be done with yet another rotation, and such a great one by the sounds of it! I don't blame you on getting out on the course to enjoy the weather, I would too! I think you're right about the winter, unfortunately. I think it's going to be a replay of last winter, however I think instead of mild temps, we're going to have cold and no snow...boo!

Tami--Great news that Spinning class was on for Wednesday night! Great way to lead into the long weekend! I hope your Thanksgiving was great! :happy:

Laurie--Nice having the reduced staff (and traffic) on Wednesday. We had a pretty full office until about noon and then they started leaving after that. It was a nice drive home, although traffic seemed a bit heavier than normal (which still isn't bad for me.) Nice work on the Peak Fit Cardio Interval Burn workout, sounds awesome!:bigsmile:

Michelle--I hope you had a nice, long weekend with the fam! :bigsmile:

Off to work!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

The only workout I got in was Wednesday night with Peak Fit Pure Strength 1. Otherwise I was busy cooking, and then on Friday we went to the Dells for my family get together. Slept poorly at the hotel, those beds are horrid! :grumble: When we got home I was really tired, but DH dragged me out to get a new tree! :bigsmile: We have had ours for 20 years, so it was about time to get a new one. Very pretty tree. Back on track for today, will be getting in Peak Fit Pure Cardio after work. Hope to get in the flexibility workout also.

I did some black friday shopping on line, and got Turbo Fire. Not the advanced package, just the reg. for $53. From looking at all the clips it reminds me of these Peak Fit workouts. Will see how well I do with Chalene. :laugh: I almost took the plunge on Jillians Body Revolution, but the shipping on that one was $15. :noway: Will use one of my gift cards at Amazon to buy it. :wink:

Tami, How nice of your instructor to notify all of you about the class, and that you where able to get in. Yes that workout is probably the best one out of the set. There was only one block of the five that wasn't as fun as the rest, but I'm glad that she put it toward the end of the workout. :laugh: I also like that the best block was the last one. I was having a great time with this workout at the end. I now hope that my SIL gets the More workouts for me. :laugh:

Laurel, Congrats on finishing up the X2 program. Always feel so accomplished when we get through some of these tough ones. I would say that the Peak workouts are Advanced. They do have some high impact, would compare them to Cathe's Kickmax or Imax's for impact and intensity. She has two of the workouts from this set out on the market, one is the Interval Burn workout that I was just raving about. The other is the Cardio Strength that I will be doing tonight. She also has two More Peak workouts wich are Interval Burn and Cardio Strenght also. But those are different workouts than anything in this set.

Erika, Well you did way better than I did over the four day weekend as far as workouts go. :laugh: The hotel fitness rooms where pathetic. We went to the Wilderness Resort, but most time there where people using the one or two pieces of "good" equipment when I went to look. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Glad to see that everyone had a great holiday:bigsmile: . My In-laws did arrive safely later that night...TG we gave them a GPS last month so they only had to pull up "Home" and it brought them here from the hospital. My FIL is very frail and is connected to an Infusion therapy Iv for meds so it was an adjustment for him mobility wise, dressing, sleeping, etc. At 6"4 he needed space so we put them in our room and I crashed with a different girl each night:noway: , so lots of legs and arms all over my neck each night or deep breathing from the eldest due to her asthma:yawn: On thursday hubby and I did 5 miles and then it was cooking time for me and it was small bites of most dishes and no pies:bigsmile: On Friday I went to the Nail place and was pampered a bit and then I relaxed for the day while hubby took the girls to see Wreck It Ralph. On Saturday I took the dog for a nice run, Sunday the youngest woke up vomiting with a high temp so that affected the entire day and I worked on laundry, did a Barre workout and then cooked a nice stew for dinner. This morning I'm working and after getting the girls on the bus I actually crawled back into the youngest bed and slept..definitely needed it:bigsmile:

Laurie- Turbo Fire..I have been sitting on that one, not sure if I was not ready for all the hoopla or not ready for Chalean again:blushing: BR is fun but I'm hoping to pull that one out for the New year and skip Phase 1 as it is really easy:bigsmile:

Laurel- Yippee on ending X2:drinker: What is next on the schedule?

Tami- Free classs from a great instructor is awesome:bigsmile:

Erika- A full house of boys:noway: but then again I feel that way with the girls and their friends as they tend to scream at everything:laugh:

Off to work today and get into a productive mode as this long week has me in lazy mode:wink:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    I missed you all and it sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! :bigsmile: Ours was very quiet w/ just DH & the in-laws but they stayed until about 7 and I was able to catch up on some visiting with my MIL while the guys watched football & basketball. I would have enjoyed the games as well but MIL, not so much on the sports watching .:frown: Fri & Sat I did a little house cleaning, made a chx/veggie soup and baked some banana bread. I didn’t feel like fighting the crowds and DH was fishing so just stayed in. Sat I met my BFF for lunch and a little browsing in the shops. Between all that I did get in some nice workouts: Spinning on Wed night went great. There were only 9 of us but it was a good class, she said she was making it tough since her dedicated “regulars” were there. :laugh: Thurs a.m. I did Total Body Tri-Sets (upper & lower premix), Fri I did Cathe’s Circuit Blast, Sat was a REST day so just took the kids for a nice walk. Yesterday was 4DS Total Body pre-mix & dog walk …. Today will be BootCamp after work. :wink:

Laurel: I’m very jealous of your warm weather! :smile: That’s so great and I am sure the golfing was a blast. How fun. We have had a few nice days strung together without too much rain but it’s in the 40’s. Yahoo on finishing up X2!! :drinker: Congratulations and thank you again for your recommendation! It’s on the Wish List. Thanks for the kudos on the push-ups last week. I thought you would all get a kick out of that guys comment. I think Laurie's comment about the Peak 10 workouts is very accurate for the two that I have:wink: Not enabling, just sayin:laugh:

Erika: I’m with you on the 4-day weekend absolutely flying by! :noway: I was prepared that it would mentally but hoped it wouldn’t feel like it (if that makes sense) but it did! :sad: You had busy boys time and hockey games, etc… no wonder yours flew by, but sounds like tons of fun!

Laurie: Sounds like you had some very busy family time and I’m sure the break flew by for you as well! Great job with the Pure Strength 1 and enjoy tonight’s Cardio! I think her “Peak 10 More Cardio Strength” looks like a good workout as well … Is that one of them in your set or no because it’s one of her newer ones? Glad you liked Interval Burn.:wink: Yes, it was super nice of her to let us know about Spinning on Wed evening. I was surprised there were only 9 of us but it was truly word of mouth from the night before. One lady brought her a little gift to thank her.

Michelle: I’m glad your in-laws made it and were able to spend the holiday with you all. I’m sure it’s hard to see your FIL looking frail and on an IV. But I'm sure it was special for everyone to be together, help energize him a bit. I bet you are feeling the “tireds” big time from not sleeping well. Sounds like your day of a little pampering was nice and got in a dog run and Barre workout, that’s awesome!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!! :bigsmile:

Yesterday was a tough day...I was dragging badly the whole day!!! So tired! :grumble: This morning was TF Hiit 25. Chalene and are are going to be best friends again...for awhile! :laugh: I love her workouts, but eventually her non stop chatter, and flashy outfits, overdone makeup and crazy over the top amounts of energy eventually get to me! :ohwell: But, for now, I'll stick with her!

Tami--Nice work on the lineup of workouts, and your weekend sounds so nice! :bigsmile: Sounds like you got in a nice amount of visiting with the in-laws, as well as some time with your BFF, and still time for some fun cooking and light housework. Perfect weekend!

Laurie--I'm glad you had a nice weekend, even if the beds were horrible and the workout room was bad. I have stayed at the Wilderness, and although I loved the waterparks (our kids were 2 and 3 then), the rest of the hotel I thought was crap. Dated decor/rooms, bad workout facility, etc. Our favorite so far has been Chula Vista, as it has a decent workout facility, rooms are nice and price is right. Their condos are to die for, as we had a few families show us inside theirs! We'll be going back next year, I'm sure!

Michelle--The weekend started off sounding good, but then poor DD with the fever/vomiting! I hope you were still able to relax a bit despite that and trying to take care of your FIL. I hope everyone is on the mend. Great job on the workouts, sounds like some nice outdoor runs and barre work! :bigsmile: I had to keep reminding myself when the boys were getting rowdy, that I'm much better at handling that then a bunch of screaming girls, and then we were all good! :laugh:

Laurel--Hello!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well I changed my mind yesterday and did Cardio Strength instead of Pure Cardio. I looked at the workouts I missed these last few days, and it will work out better for me to put the cardio workout inbetween the cardio. So tonight will be Pure Cardio for sure. My oldest dd called yesterday with a meltdown. Apparently she had forgotten about a paper that was due today at 11am. I calmed her down, and told her to head home for the evening, and between DH and I we helped her and she was able to get her paper finished. Just glad that is was only a 1000 word doc. :wink: She did all the creating, I was just there for support and food prep. When this child doesn't eat properly, she has terrible mood swings. :wink:

Michelle, Sounds like you had and even worse sleeping situation that I did this weekend. :frown: So sorry to hear about your dd also, that situation is not fun to deal with either. So how did the girls like Wreck it Ralph? I saw the previews to that one when we went to see Hotel Trans. I was contimplating combining the TF with JM's Body Rev. If I remember correctly, the JM workouts are 30 min.? And a lot of the TF workouts would probably work good with those.

Tami, I actually love the sound of your Thanksgiving weekend. :laugh: I just get so tired after being at the hotel, that sometimes I would love to just spend the weekend at home. :wink: I actually like the Cardio Strength workout that I have done. The strength part is nothing spectacular, but combining it with the cardio makes it more fun. The ascent part is all strength, and she does some interesting moves. I have to use weights in the 8-12lb range. The cardio is different than what is in the Interval workouts, but the same concept. I was bending over on a few of those, so was very happy when I could just lift some weights. :laugh: Even the weight moves get the HR up.

Erika, I was that way with Chalene in Turbo Jam, so that is why I have been leary about the TF workouts. Maybe if I combine Jillians toughness with bubbly Chalene, it should be a fun day of workouts. :laugh: The last time we where at the Chula Vista was before they remodeled. Maybe we should check out that place again some time.

Hello Laurel! :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I woke up to a horrible headache this morning and after popping some aspirin, yes it was that bad as I hate pills, I crawled back into bed. TG hubby had started the morning routine for me so I was able to stay silent until the youngest came to get her hair brushed into a ponytail:love: After heading into the garage to find our travel medicine bag:blushing: I found some Ibuprofen. This morning my body wanted to exercise so it was Chris Freytag Core Body Circuit which was a well rounded 40 minute routine that was not dreadful at all. I only work 4 hours this morning and I really feel like working the upper body with some Boxing or Circuits:bigsmile: The headache is disappearing TG so I will definitely do at least a 30min circuit at noon.

Laurel- Poor thing..lasy year when I was working for the govt, I took a Certification course and the same thing happened during the week my modem went down.:noway: My professor was not willing to work with me so needless to say I stayed up until 1am and then headed into work for 6am the next day. TG for parents and their support:wink: My husband said the movie was really good and that I would of definitely enjoyed it. Yes JM stays around 35mins but TF varies depending on Hiit selection vs reg KB, I usually added the 15min Hiit after JM:bigsmile:

Erika- too funny with the boys:laugh: Yes I hear you with TF, that is my mental block with this set as I really enjoyed TurboJam but I feel as if this is a fashion show at the gym:grumble: Feel better soon, the weather here is rainy and dreary since 4am so that really stinks:grumble:

Tami- Glad to hear the hoilday was nice and quiet. Next year I think I will head home and let someone else cook for me:bigsmile: Yummy on the Banana bread:love: I made a Cranberry orange which is one of my favs but not the family and actually threw away half of it as it was too much of a temptation :blushing:

Laurel- Good Morning:flowerforyou:

Ok off to talk with my workers.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile: BootCamp was a killer last night! Yowsa. Lots of running and running (sprinting) stairs, push-ups, planks, you name it! But all good. Actually overslept this a.m.:grumble: so no workout until Insanity tonight. :wink: Speaking of which, a girl at the gym told me that because of my encouragement to come to the class it inspired her so much to try the Insane-X class which she did and loves it but can’t be there all the time so she ordered the set. She said she would love to be strong like me. This little gal is TINY. We were partners at BootCamp one night a while back. What a nice compliment I thought.

Erika: Glad you enjoyed Chalene & your TF workout! :bigsmile: Your description of her is spot on. She makes the workouts lots of fun though, which is great. I try to ignore the outfits & nattering! Yes, the weekend was a nice combo of small events and nice relaxing time at home.

Laurie: Nice job rearranging your workout schedule for the week! :wink: Sounds like Cardio Strength was a good one! Your poor DD. We have all been there and it is panic mode forsure. Glad she had you both to help her get through it and finish the paper for today. Sometimes just having that encouragement it feels like you have help and will make it!

Michelle: Sorry to hear about the headache but glad the aspirin is doing its job! Sounds like you enjoyed your CF workout, did you get the system Laurie has or is this a single DVD? I’m with you on the bread being tempting so I froze one loaf and encouraging DH to eat up the other. Hope you were able to get in your boxing/circuit work this afternoon and the headache is completely gone. :smile:

Hi Laurel :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

This morning was CLX Burn 2. Funny thing...I have never been able to completely ignore an instructor, but this morning I totally did. I got done and wondered why Chalene was so quiet this time around! :laugh:

Tami--Ooh, I am SOOOOO jealous of your bootcamp class! I absolutely love sprints!! :bigsmile: Such an awesome compliment from your classmate...nothing feels better than a compliment about wanting to be as strong as you! :bigsmile:

Laurie--I'm glad you switched up the workouts to fit your week, that always makes things more enjoyable! Sounds like DD made it through the stress of getting the paper done, thanks to you and hubby! I remember how stressed out I would get over those assignments, even when I had plenty of time to prepare. That is why I crammed college into 3 years and got the heck outta there! :wink: I think you are right about Chalene and Jillian are a good combo. Funny thing, I would love to see Chalene take a class from Jillian. Jillian would shut up her chatter and over the top bubbliness in a flash! :laugh: Sorry, but people that are over the top bubbly just seem so fake, so I love it when someone that is of "normal" bubbliness can put the smack down on those that are over the top!

Michelle--Great job on the workout, despite the horrible headache. I am with you, I don't take pills unless I am in absolute pain. If anyone in my house sees me taking ibuprofen, they know to give me quiet and leave me alone! I hope you made it through work yesterday and the headache subsided!

Laurel--Hello!

Off to work!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Got in Pure Cardio last night. This workout was better than the first time I did it, so I must be getting used to it. Still some learning curve for me. :laugh: This one has the basecamp, ascent and climb, no 30 sec peak exercise. I'm going to go on her facebook page and suggest that she make another workout like this, so that one can add more variety to the system. :wink:

Michelle, Good thing that headache let up enough for you to do CF's workout. I enjoy that core workout, she puts in some great standing work. :wink: I had asked if DD might talk to the professor, but she said that it most definitly needed to be handed in at 11am. It may not have been her best work, but at least she handed something in. :wink: Would have been horrible for her if she missed an assignment. I think I could make a great hybrid with those two systems. :wink: I just hope that I don't see anymore sales on systems that I have been eyeing. :laugh:

Tami, I noticed that I wrote cardio and cardio. But of course you all knew I ment putting cardio inbetween strength right? :laugh: Sometimes my brain goes faster than my hands. :laugh: I'm hoping that I will be able to ignore a lot of Chalene's chatter. I'm one of those people that can ignore stuff like that if the workout is a good one. :wink:

Erika, Great job on not realizing that Chalene was so quiet! :laugh: I know for sure that my dd will be there longer than 4 years, since she changed up her major. :wink: Wouldn't that be something for Jillian and Chalene to meet. What a combo that would be on Biggest Loser! :noway:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Boy is it good to be back! It has been a crazy week, but other than another Christmas party tonight and a meeting early tomorrow morning, I'm free the rest of the week! Well, except for housework and such. :ohwell: Anyhow, I woke up on Sunday and decided I wasn't ready for another rotation quite yet. I think I've overdone the scheduled workouts a bit this year between my STS rotation (which went until August) and this P90X2 rotation, so I decided this week I would do whatever felt good with no mind to intensity or format or anything. So Sunday it was TF55 EZ. Monday I had little to no time to workout, so I just did LIS Lower Body Trisets (and, yes, it made me sore....again!) :grumble: Yesterday I had a little more time, so I did Slide and Glide with LIS Upper Body. Today was even better, so I did the cardio premix of Cathe's 4DS step workouts and STS Disk 29/Plyo Legs. It has been a really nice break, and I'm surprised how much I'm reaching for these Low Impact Series workouts right now. Maybe they just fit the bill right now after the intensity of P90X2. I also think part of it is because the Trisets work is so similar to P90X2, and I enjoyed that so much. I must say, I really noticed the positive effects of P90X2 when doing the Triset upper body work. It felt great, and I could really notice the difference in my balance and core strength. :drinker:

Laurie, thanks for the information on Peak Fitness. It sounds fascinating to me. I keep promising that I will only have one new program at a time, and right now I'm focusing on X-Train. But this definitely sounds like something I might be interested in. Keep posting about it! I hope you enjoy Turbo Fire. I think Erika described Chalene perfectly in this series on Tuesday. She really is over-the-top energetic, but, for some reason, it doesn't bother me at all (except for in some of the cool downs when I wish she'd just be quiet a bit). I think they are fun workouts.

Michelle, I'm so happy to hear your in-laws were able to join you for the holiday. It sounds like your FIL is having a tough time of it, but I'm so glad he was able to make it to your new home. Sorry about the little one being ill. Alot of kids around here have been having the same thing. No fun. Hope the headache continues to get better. Good job getting a workout in despite that.

Erika, so glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! It sounds like alot of fun. I'm glad you are back on the Chalene train. You had such great results with your last CLX/TF rotation. I think this is a good time of year for Chalene because, if nothing else, she is 'bright' in her presentation. Good job kinda tuning her out, though, because, well, sometimes it pays to tune her out. :wink:

Tami, great job with the workouts! Sounds like you are getting alot of variety in your program right now. Are you doing a rotation or just what feels good? I think I'm going to try to start the rotation you shared with me next week, and that will take me to the New Year. Hopefully I won't be suffering my rotation allergy again next week, because I'd really like to get that one in before X-Train arrives!! What a nice compliment you got from your classmate!! It's so great that you are serving as an inspiration to others. That must make you feel good!

Well, off to get some of that housework done. I hope to check-in tomorrow after my long morning meeting!

Laurel