Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I have been wroking out with Bar and Cardio Party dvds this week but it is officially time to get this truck packed and hit the road to Ft lauderdale. We will stop at my mom's and drop Mr. C at the boarder/Vet facility and spend the night before leaving saturday morning. It has been crazy as the girls had to accelerate their finals, etc so TG today when they come home they can relax, do chores and begin their vacation officially:wink: I'm sure it will be games on the Wii tonight:bigsmile: I'm packed but of course hubby has his thing of packing the vehicle the morning of and it has to be exactly how he planned it mentally:ohwell: before we can pull out of the driveway. My mom is off and cooking my fav soup:blushing: so I'm a happy camper:bigsmile:

Erika- I would think the burpees would be the problem not the jumprope unless the surface is very hard on the joints. Yes it is colddddddddd and the fireplace here is not wood burning:grumble:

Tami- Awesome kickbutt routines as usual but I'm not sure if my anger would of motivated me enough to do the line or choke her:laugh:

Laurie- Feel better, the girls are fighting head colds here not to mention the eldest asthma/Bronchitis combo. I'm praying that we do not spread any germs on that ship as several years ago we picked up a virus and the girls were quaratined for 3 days which required a mandatory stay of all guests in the suite:noway:

Laurel- Enjoy your parties:flowerforyou:

Ok off to the Spa for a mani & pedi and then the hairdresser this afternoon.

Have a great week and I will check in sometime next week when I go to the computer lab to send out homework assignments to teachers:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    Spinning was pretty fun last night ….. a relaxed environment I would say. Our regular Wed night gal that also teaches the InsaneX class swapped with the Fri night lady. She only goes 45 min so that was a surprise when we were done early! Upper Body Tri-Sets today & went to the Insane Abs class at noon today.:wink: I guess Thursdays will be my “hair up” day after I return from class. It was a great workout again today. He made up some of his own moves as well today for “add-ons” they were good.

Erika: Sorry to hear about the back pain coming back again. :frown: I agree with Michelle that it is probably more from the burpees or even mtn climbers than the jump rope that aggravated it this time. Hopefully this time it goes away a lot quicker! Ice & rest along with some Ibuprophen will hopefully help. Does sound like you are in for some interesting weather …. Freezing rain is never fun, hope it goes the snow route. Still waiting for ours to come again :ohwell: They keep saying it is but it seems to be in the mtns only, good for the skiers!

Michelle: Enjoy your pampering today! Sounds like things are about to wrap up and head out the door for your vacation! Yay. Very fun. :laugh: on the anger! I think for me it is the competitiveness that kicks in and gives me that extra energy! For example, I was secretly racing two guys next to me. I beat one the first round and both on the second round! Yum on the favorite soup. My mom likes to cook my favs when I am there too, so fun. Love hanging with moms! Safe travels :flowerforyou:

Laurie – Hope you are feeling better today!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Still no workout for me, this cough is tough to get through. DH was still undecided about going to work this morning. Yesterday we had a pot luck at work, so I was a little busy getting all my work load done so I could enjoy some social time with our department. It was a lot of fun, and the food really good. I'm hoping to get in a workout this weekend, hope to get in some type of weight workout, and maybe some easy kickboxing. I think the 10 min. Solution workout with Jessica Smith might be the ticket. Then I want to get back into those Peak workouts. :wink: Will have to clean the house from all the germs also. :huh:

Tami, Sorry to hear that your instructor showed no mercy to your group of InsaneX'rs. :happy: Here at work they where going to post a notice on the doors leading into the building that if you had any cold symptoms at all, you shouldn't enter the building. If that was the case then I still shouldn't be at work, and would have had to waste my time getting a doctors excuse. :noway: For what! I have a cold. :huh: In one form or another, everyone will be exposed to this cold virus at some point.

Erika, Ouch on the back! Hope you are able to get relief from your ice. You are right, it is good that we will be done with this cold before Christmas. That is what I was thinking the other day. :laugh: I'm looking forward to the fact that tonight is dd's last dance class until the new year. We didn't go to her class last night, because I thought is was more important for her to get her homework finished from when she was sick. :wink:

Michelle, You are ready for vacation, have a wonderful time! :drinker: Hope that the girls are able to get over those colds, no fun being on a cruise ship in quarantine! :noway: My DH is the vehicle packer also, I don't seem to do the job well enough for him. :laugh: That is ok with me. :wink: Again have a great time.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Friday :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:

REST Day for me today. Tomorrow a.m. is my 2-hour Spin class for Toys for Tots! Looking forward to that & some other good workouts as well!:bigsmile: Tonight we have our company Christmas party. It will be interesting to see the turn out and “mood” with everything going on these days. DH & I hope to get home early, watch a little TV and get to bed early. It’s been a long week for him.

Laurie: Good to hear from you and sorry to hear that cough is still hanging on. :frown: Hope you are feeling up to a good KB workout and getting back into your PEAK workouts very soon! Sounds like some people at your company are a little bit germa-phobic …:noway: true, everyone will be exposed one way or another just being anywhere. Are you all ready for Christmas? I have got to finish up this weekend since I will be leaving next Thurs to see my mom and then when I return it will be here. A little overwhelming …. :noway: Why every year does it feel this way?

Hope you all have a great weekend ~
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Great workouts this weekend amidst the playdates, shopping and hockey! :wink: I only had to take 1 day off of the workouts for the back to heal. I am still thinking it's jump roping for some reason, as I did burpees in my Chalene workout again and no issues. Also did mountain climbers, and again no issue. But, I'm not doing any jump roping when I do these workouts (I just kick my legs out normally), so I wonder if I actually jump rope, if I'd have the problem again. No idea why all the back troubles, but I did order new shoes as well...maybe that is the issue?!?!

Tami--Kinda disappointing to have a low key spinning (and short) class. But, sounds like Insane Abs was a good addition to the week! :bigsmile: I hope your Christmas party was good, and your spin class too! We have our party the 2nd half of the day on Wednesday. It will be a pretty low key week, as most of the week is delivering Christmas goodies to clients.

Laurie--Ugh, that cold is really trying to hang on! I sure hope it makes it's grand exit this week, and earlier rather than later! Sounds like a nice potluck at work! My work does those, but I'll tell ya, we have some VERY unhealthy individuals, so we usually have those people being the main participants!:ohwell: I hope you were able to get a light workout in this weekend! I have to laugh, as I knew that as soon as I said we haven't had colds here, that we'd get them. My youngest sons teacher and friend in class both had colds last week, so he came home with it for the weekend, and the oldest caught it too. Nothing too bad (coughing in the morning is about the worst of it), but enough to bog them down during their hockey games this weekend.

Laurel--I hope your weekend was great!

Michelle--Enjoy your trip, you deserve it! I hope the packing up of the vehicle went smoothly, as did the drive. Have fun!

Time to get ready for work!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yet, I just didn't feel good all weekend. Pretty much coughing and stuffy nose. This morning I actually feel totally human again. :wink: I'm going to do a workout after work, it will probably be the Jessica Smith one that I mentioned on Friday. I did manage to get cookies made on Saturday, and my shopping finished up on Sunday. That makes me feel better also.

Tami, Our Christmas plans keep changing, because of his family. I had decided on when I was going up north, just like they said was fine, then it was all changed. :huh: Oh well, hope it all works out, and you are right it does feel overwhelming at times. How did that two hour spinn go? Very nice of you to volunteer for that.

Erika, Glad to hear that your back is ok. Glad to hear that the cold isn't to bad for your boys. I hope this colder weather slows the progress of this bug. WTG on getting your workouts in, and you are probably right with the jumping rope. Might put pressure in a different area, than what you usually do. I would check out some inserts for you shoes also, that might help.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,819 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! A really quick drive-by for me again today, but I wanted to make sure I popped in and said 'hi'. Today should be my last really busy day before Christmas, and I'm ready for some quieter days!! :yawn: But I'm still getting my workouts in, which is good given all the party food I've been eating. :noway: Anyhow, I started week 3 of this fun rotation I'm doing (the one Tami sent) yesterday with Body Max 2. Today was 4DS Kickbox (the entire workout) followed by Lower Body Blast. Yep, my lower body is tired right now! But it felt good.

Tami, I hope your long spinning session went well. What a great charity you were riding for. Thanks for being willing to wait until February to start X-TRAIN. I read the update today, and it looks like it might still be a couple of weeks before we get them (as I can't imagine Cathe pushing her people too hard during Christmas week if they do get them next week), so it will only be a month delay. I'm thinking it will be a good chance to preview them and get ready for them! YAY! I'm really looking forward to it.

Laurie, I'm so sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Lay off the exercise until that cough is cleared up! No reason to push your body right now if you don't feel up to it. At least it sounds like you are ready for Christmas. Take care of yourself! :flowerforyou:

Erika, sounds like you are doing great on the workouts. So glad to hear your back pain didn't last long. Hope your family is back to full health soon.

Michelle, enjoy your trip!! Sounds like so much fun. I'm anxious to hear about it when you get back.

Okay, must run. But I will see you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options

Company party done :wink: errands & shopping before I leave . . . Done & wrapped! :smile: Feels really good. That overwhelming feeling is gone. YAY! Spinning on Sat was a lot of fun. The 2nd hour was my favorite. They had two instructors at the front for each hour and they would trade off. The two ladies in the second hour were really high energy :bigsmile: and great music, instructors I have never had before. What a calorie burn that a.m. was! It was great to see how many people showed up and brought toys, altogether it would have been a minimum of 160 toys :drinker: Yesterday I did Cardio Supersets and this a.m. was STS Total Body. Tonight we have our Staff Holiday Potluck and white elephant gift exchange so no BootCamp.

Erika: Sounds like busy, busy times! Yay on the back healing up so quickly. :smile: Maybe it is the jump rope action and the pressure or impact of your discs pressing maybe causes the pain. New shoes are always good for cushion/impact and great idea on inserts from Laurie if you feel you need more support. One idea for you on modifying the jump rope, pretend you have a jump rope in your hands & don’t completely leave the ground, just raise up to your toes and back down but keep the momentum with your arms. Spinning was awesome and it was fun to see a couple of trainers in action that I have never had. Good to know in the future for other classes.

Laurie: That’s awesome you were able to get your cookies and shopping all finished! :wink: Best of all, that you are feeling better today …. Great news! Hope you are able to get in your JS workout tonight if you are still feeling up to it. If you have any doubt or feeling tired at all give yourself another day! Better to be safe and give your body that extra rest. I will definitely do the Spin class again for the Toys for Tots. It always feels good to do things like that.

Laurel: Awesome job with the workouts and keeping up with it eventhough you are crazy busy right now! :bigsmile: Something about this time of year and when you finally get to the quieter days it feels so good! I know when I leave work on Wed eve I will let out a sigh of relief! Then I will want time to go into slow motion. Of course, no worries on waiting for XTrain. I saw that update too and thought the same thing.:bigsmile: Will give us time to preview & get ready for the rotation!

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well yesterday started out much better than it finished as far as the cold goes. I tried my hardest to do a workout, but the draining nose caused me to cough way to much to enjoy the workout. :frown: I will try again tonight, and I'm taking my Sudafed, just to stop the draining. Eventually it will get better. I have not gained weight through this whole time, just not eating as much because nothing really smells wonderful. :laugh: Funny how not having all my taste buds, doesn't make me want to eat. :laugh:

Laurel, Glad to hear that you are going to be getting some less busy days. :wink: I'm glad that we have not had to many of those parties, I think I would be gaining weight otherwise. We had a party yesterday, but there wasn't a ton of food. :wink: You had some fun workouts! I'm guessing that the X-Train is not going to be available until after Christmas. I'm sure they are trying their best, but it really is a long process to get all of those workouts done correctly. I was happy to stop yesterday, it just wasn't working out really well. I was also tired at the end of the day. Fell asleep at 8pm. :noway:

Tami, WTG on the spinning! :drinker: I really had fun at our potluck last week, it was nice to sit and relax with the guys in our department. I'm sure you and Laurel will come up with a great rotation for the X-Train. The two clips that I saw where really interesting. The boxing one looks like plyo with kickboxing, might have to look at purchasing that one. :wink:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I think my last official Christmas function is over, and now it is time to get down to family Christmas and just enjoying the season. Whew! It has been a whirlwind and, for the most part, I've enjoyed it. But if I never see a buffet line of finger foods again that is supposed to be dinner, I will be happy. :blushing: Thankfully I have been closely monitoring my weight throughout all of this, and I haven't gained anything! :drinker: So that makes me happy. Now if I can just get through the next two weeks and say the same. I'm afraid that when I finally get a chance to make something for DH and I, I won't be able to resist something sinful like Amaretto Fudge. And I'll eat the whole pan! :blushing: But I guess that's Christmas. :ohwell: Anyhow, got another great workout in today. I started with Cathe's To The Max, and then I did both upper body Gym Style workouts. Those felt really good today.

Tami, I'm so glad the spinning went well on Saturday, and that you enjoyed the instructors. I can't even begin to imagine how many calories you burned!! But, again, what a great charity. I just love what Toys for Tots is all about. So happy to hear that the 'overwhelmed' feeling is finally gone. I really don't like that feeling this time of the year because all I really want to do is enjoy the season. So now that it is gone, hopefully you can sit back, relax, enjoy the time with your mom, and enjoy the holiday altogether. Great workouts as always! I hope you enjoyed the Holiday Potluck.

Laurie, this cold won't let go of you, will it? Great job on maintaining your weight through it. I know my diet gets a bit whacky when I have a cold because I start craving things I don't normally eat. I think it is because, like you, my taste buds are effected so I crave what tastes goods to those sick taste buds! :laugh: Continue to take it easy on the workouts. The worst thing you can do right now is push yourself and end up sicker than you are. That is a lesson I learned two years ago, and, boy, it wasn't a lesson I enjoyed learning. So take it easy!!

Erika and Michelle, hope you are well!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile: The potluck was pretty good last night ….. It’s strange to see our small little group. The food was quite a mixture. Our boss ordered Italian from a local restaurant as her part. I always try to keep the eating to a limit at those events. With such a mixture of food I don't eat, etc... :huh: I made a Quinoa salad so had some of that and someone made a white bean/chx soup I tried & some really delicious Hummus w/ walnuts, sun dried tomatoes and feta w/ fresh parsley,:tongue: it was good. Today’s workout is going to be Insane-X. Unfortunately I hit the snooze button this a.m.:yawn: so no workout until this eve.

Laurie: Sorry to hear about that cough and cold still hanging on there! :ohwell: I’m sure you were a little disappointed in your efforts to get a workout in and have the cough/drainage flare up. You’ll get there and be back to normal soon I’m sure.:wink: That’s my hope for you. Especially before Christmas! I suppose the smell being off a bit does help with not over eating. Nothing smells or sounds good. I saw that clip on Cathe’s site too with the KB and plyo, looks like lots of fun! :bigsmile:

Laurel: I have To The Max scheduled for tomorrow! :bigsmile: Yahoo, looking forward to it. This was one of my “altering the rotation” workouts since I enjoy it so much. Great job today and I am not surprised to hear you haven’t gained anything with all your parties. I had to chuckle at that ~ Look at your workouts and energy! :laugh: No worries on a few indulgences … like the Amaretto Fudge. I’m really looking forward to enjoying the time with my mom and just relaxing into whatever we want to do. The shopping will be chaotic a bit but we don’t care, we get to visiting and enjoying our time so it’s just fun.

Hello Erika & Michelle:flowerforyou:

• fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Yesterday was a snoozer (and today was almost one too :blushing: ), so not workout, but this morning was triceps and TF Hiit 20. I put WAY too much effort into the 1st round, and was gasping for breath the rest of the workout. My 8yo was watching me workout and telling me to jump higher, so I had to listen! :wink: I got new inserts and new shoes that I used today, so we'll see how that goes. I skipped the burpees and for jump rope, I did like Tami suggested, just raised my heels. Hopefully the back is ok tomorrow! :bigsmile:

Tami--I'm glad to hear the 2 hour spinning was so much fun! I am contemplating getting my hubby a spin bike for Christmas, but just have no idea if it's his thing or not. He loves the recumbent bike, but not sure on a spin one yet. Sounds like the potluck was good, and you had decent food. We have our holiday party today at Buca, and I'm a little nervous about what they will serve! Our leadership team seems to be on board with healthy eating, but unfortunately, the actual organizing of the party and the ordering of food is done by one of the office managers. :ohwell:

Laurie--Ugh, that cold is still kickin'! :grumble: I know what it's like to not have the urge to eat because you can't taste or smell it anyway...how frustrating. I'm still hoping that you are all better in time for Christmas, I know that would be one less stressor off your plate! Hang in there and get lots of rest! I haven't gotten our boys' colds yet, but I've been uber tired, so been getting lots of sleep, which maybe is helping ward it off!

Laurel--Yay on the parties being done, and you made it through with flying colors!!! :bigsmile: I am not one for finger foods or buffets, so I feel your pain! I just found out our Christmas Day event with my hubby's family is going to be more of a grazing/finger food type event this year...I just like to eat a meal and be done. We'll see how it goes! Great work on the workouts, so much fun!!! :bigsmile:

Michelle--I hope you are enjoying vacation and relaxing! :bigsmile:

Have a great day! I have a short day today with our holiday party, and then I am volunteering at both boys' holiday parties tomorrow and Friday. Nice relaxing end to the week! :bigsmile:

erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! It's snowing!!! :drinker: What a way to get me back into the Christmas spirit. We aren't going to get much, but the wind is blowing quite hard so it looks like a blizzard out there right now! Love that....especially since I have nowhere I need to go. :ohwell: So that energized me to some good workouts today. I started with Cardio Kicks, followed by STS Plyo Legs (Disk 26) and Cathe's Bonus Butt Workout. And because I had the time, I finished it with one of my favorites that I haven't done in a VERY long itme--Kari Anderson's Angles, Lines and Curves II. Great workout today!

Tami, I'm glad your potluck went relatively well. I had to laugh at you talking about the mix of foods. I'm testing some recipes for taking up to my sister's house on Christmas Eve and, of course, DH is my guinea pig. So this last weekend, I was testing stuff out on him and saying it didn't quite go with the dinner I planned. And he just laughed at me and said 'have you paid any attention to the mix of foods we've been having at these Christmas parties?' :tongue: He had a point. My combo wasn't nearly as bad (healthy panini sandwiches for dinner....with barbecue meatballs I'm taking on Christmas Eve). In fact, DH really enjoyed it! I find I eat much less at buffets/potlucks than I do with normal meals, so I have actually spent a bit of time this holiday season quite hungry! If I don't 'talk' to you before you go, enjoy your trip to see your mom. It sounds perfect!

Erika, I think I need an 8yo around the house to tell me to 'jump higher'! I'm sure that inspired you. Sounds like a good combo of workouts. I'm glad your back is doing better. Hopefully the suggestions Tami gave you will work and there will be no pain. My family has traditionally done 'finger foods' for Christmas Eve since I was a small child. I always liked it because we never grazed....we ate it like a meal. I hate grazing. But this type of meal was easy to prepare for, easy to clean up, and we always had leftovers for Christmas day. This will be my first time back to it in 21 years, so we'll see how it goes. But, thankfully, my family focuses on lighter foods, like veggies, sandwich meats, etc. My oldest sister does chicken wings and I will add meatballs this year for some warmer food. And, the best thing about it.....no big desserts!! We just throw some cookies on a plate and we are good with that. Desserts are a killer for me this time of year.

Laurie, hope you are feeling okay! :flowerforyou:

Michelle, hope you are having fun!!

Off to enjoy the snow! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options

Really hard to be at work today, but the day seems to be going very fast! Insane-X was good last night, we had an alternate instructor. She did well but didn’t make us run sprints at the end or anything! :wink: This a.m. was To The Max. Headed to my “last chance” workout tonight after work for Spinning, unless I am feeling like getting up at 3 for a workout!:huh: We’ll see…..especially knowing I might not get in much while I’m at my mom’s.

Erika: I love that you had your personal coach cheering you on! :drinker: What else could you do but jump higher! That’s so awesome. I hope the suggestion helped and the new shoes/inserts. Yahoo! Early Christmas present? That would be a great present for your hubby if he enjoys cycling. Hope the food is good at your holiday party and glad I’m not the only one who wonders about the food, hoping for healthy options! Enjoy your time volunteering at the kids school, that will be so fun.

Laurel: Yahoo on the snow! :drinker: We are supposed to get some this afternoon/evening. It is either going to be just a few inches or a huge storm, they aren’t 100% sure yet. I am hoping for the few inches since I am trying to fly out in the early a.m. Remember last year I was stuck this time of year flying out due to weather :grumble: I’m going to think positive no matter what! It’s from Spokane to Portland which is a quick flight and Portland isn’t getting our weather! So absolutely fantastic workouts AGAIN! :bigsmile: You must have been in your workout room for half the morning or better! :laugh: Nice job, I bet it felt amazing. Your menu sounds perfect to bring & knowing that it’s healthy is the best part!

Laurie: Hope you are feeling better:flowerforyou:

I will check in with you ladies tomorrow/the next day forsure!
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Cardio Fusion, followed by 400 walking lunges :noway: , followed by the Upper Bodyx2 premix from Push/Pull and....finally.....ended with STS No Equipment Abs! Long tough workout today, but I'm planning on taking it easier next week, so I want to get these tough ones in while I can.

Tami, those 3am workouts are tough for me, but I understand you might have wanted to get something in. But that's a killer time to workout. I hope your trip goes/is going smoothly and that you are not stuck because of weather. Our weather cleared out very quickly and we are back to sunny skies and mild temps. Crazy stuff. Enjoy your time with you mom!!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Still no workout for me, but I'm pretty hopeful that tonight is the night for a workout. I woke up feeling really good, and my nose is not stuffed up like it has been. Then I realized that the storm front went through last night, and that was when the tired, headache, way to stuffy nose went away! :noway: I have only had to use two cough drops all day today. I really want to workout, so I'm crossing my fingers. :laugh:

Tami, We have a constant stream of food in this office. All our vendors have been giving us food all week. Yesterday where some cookies! Have a great time at your Mom's, sure sounds like that last chance workout would be a great way to end the day. :laugh: I will wait until I get some feedback from you and Laurel before I purchase any of the X-Train workouts. :wink:

Laurel, We got a little bit of snow last night, mostly rain. Suppose to start snowing again just before I leave work, but for now we are still in the 40's here at work, so it is rain. Kind of glad, because I don't want to shovel snow. :laugh: Great workouts you have been getting in. I will have to up my workouts next week, if I'm feeling better. Totally feeling lazy for this last week and a half. :wink:

Erika, Did you get all the snow? Just north of us they are getting hammered with snow. :laugh: Nice of your young one to make you jump higher! :laugh:

Only one more day of work before I'm off for Christmas! :drinker:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Last check in for awhile for me, as we'll be super busy this weekend with hockey, and then right into Christmas! I ended up sleeping in yesterday, again, and did my workout last night while hubby took the boys to hockey. Chest and a sprint series on the treadmill felt great. My legs were killing me during the run (used the new inserts), but feel fine today, so they must have worked! I'm going back to evening workouts again...it gives me more time after the boys go to bed to get stuff done, and get in a good workout. I can't put as much effort in right in the morning on an empty stomach. We'll see how this goes! :laugh:

Short day again today, with volunteering at the older son's holiday party. I'm liking these short days! Of course, I'm really the only one in the office anyway, so I can kinda do what I want. Virtually every client is off from now until New Years, so it will be really quiet!

Laurie--Yay on the cruddy symptoms moving on along with the storm! How much snow did you end up getting? I saw a lot of schools closed in WI yesterday! We only got 2 inches this time around. I was hoping for a snow day! I'm pretty sure I saw in the news feed that you got your JS workout in, I bet that felt great! I hope your Christmas plans are all ironed out!

Laurel--I'm so happy to hear you got some snow! I know there are other areas of CO that have been getting hit, so I figured you'd get some eventually. Funny how being more in the Christmas mood gets you going on your workouts...I'm the same way! Nice work on the eats for the Christmas celebrations! My family is an eat and be done family (with no desserts, but maybe a few cookies), but my hubby's family is the grazing family with so much food it makes you want to burst. They all eat all day too...I'm the exception to the rule! :laugh: Hoping it's less food (and more healthy) this year! Enjoy the time with your family!

Tami--Sounds like class was just perfect for you! :bigsmile: Enjoy the spinning class tonight, I bet it will be packed! Have fun at your Mom's!

Michelle--I'm envisioning you basking in the sun on an lounge chair, in full relax mode! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Moring Ladies,

Well I did manage to get through 10 Min. Solutions Knockout Workout, with weighted gloves. It wasn't pretty to begin with, since I was coughing and blowing my nose. But eventually it settled down enough for me to get through the whole workout. Now mind you I had a cough drop in my mouth, so I'm lucky I didn't choke to death! :wink: Still felt good to get in a workout.

Erkia, We will be in no internet zone over the next week, so I will also be unable to post to often. I'm hoping to at least use my phone once in a while. :wink: Glad to hear that the new inserts worked for you. :wink: I totally understand about the energy level in the morning vs evening. I noticed that right away. We got about 2-3 inches of snow, but they got 13 inches toward Madison and north of us. We where totally happy about not having to shovel all that snow. :laugh: The bonus is that we will have a white Christmas.

Laurel, I'm sure that you are doing some fun and great workouts. :wink: Have a great time with your Mom and sister.

Tami, Enjoying the time with your Mom!

Michelle, Like Erika said I'm sure that you are enjoying the sunshine!

Have a great weekend, and Merry Christmas if I'm not able to get on next week.

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hey Ladies! It's Friday!! :drinker: I ended the week of tough workouts with a brutal blend. :noway: I did Cathe's High Step Training (killer leg presses in that workout) followed by Butts and Guts. Like I said....brutal. My legs were rubber at the end of it for sure. I had some extra time, so I finished it all off with Cathe's Yoga Relax, and that is exactly what I needed today. Feel much better for having added that than I would have otherwise (because I was wiped out at the end of Butts and Guts). But it was nice to get a good week of workouts in before Christmas as I know my eating will head south next week. As much as I tell myself it won't....it will. :blushing:

Erika, I'm glad the new inserts seemed to work. Great job in figuring out what workout time is going to be best for you. I really admire your ability to adapt and change with everything that is going on around you. I hope you enjoy your time with family!!

Laurie, I was thinking about you yesterday when I heard how hard Wisconsin got hit with that storm. I'm glad you missed the bulk of it because it really did look horrible. I'm glad you were feeling well enough to get a workout in. No doubt it just felt good to move your body again, even if it wasn't 'pretty'. Enjoy your time away!

Tami and Michelle, I hope you both are enjoying your trips!!

I will probably try to check in late next week (DH is off through next Wednesday). Until then, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Merry Christmas "Eve" my MFP family!!!! :bigsmile:

Made it back safe & sound.... had so much fun with my mom. We did go walking on her route she does a couple mornings so that was good but I am dying for a true workout tomorrow a.m. before company comes over. :wink: The crazy snow weather a.m. that I left I did get up at 3:30 but didn't work out :ohwell: Had to get an earlier start to the airport than planned.
    My Christmas gift from my mom was a pair of cycling shoes!! :drinker: She was so excited to get them for me. I can't wait to try them out this week! So thoughtful and will be very useful. I also have a pretty good feeling that Santa will be bringing P90X2! :happy:
    Just saw that X-Train is shipping this week!! Yahoo :drinker: Going to check out a few clips!

I'll check in with you all the next couple days & get caught up with your posts :wink: Sounds like the workouts are going great & Laurie is on the mend :smile: Hope you are all having a nice holiday with your families .... Talk to you soon! :flowerforyou:

Tami