Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I woke up early but felt rested so my jet lag plan is working. We enjoyed a nice family breakfast and then it was time to get the girls on the bus. Although the morning started off dark with clouds it is now sunny with a few dispersed clouds with projected highs in the mid-70's:ohwell: ..hmnn I kinda miss my 17 C temps as the transition to AC has led to an irritating cough and scratchy throat:grumble: This morning the feet seem better so I opted for a Body Barre Sculpt wth Jessica Smith and then added a LB Fitness Blender workout for a TB 45 min workout:bigsmile:

Laurel- Tons of energy for sure:laugh: Yikes ice and snow..please take some of my heat:laugh: Too funny with the Yoga X as going home..hmmn P90Xers are chuckling at that thought:tongue:

Tami- Awesome on the furniture! Overstock sells a plethora of rugs in every shade and budget and shipping is cheap not to mention occasonal promo codes. I have purchased 3 rugs ranging from 200 - 1k and have had great experiences.

Laurie, Kelly, & Erika- Good morning:flowerforyou:

Ok I'm off to preview some workout dvds to get me mentally back on track for next week's new rotation.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Another outrageously long workout today, but I am really trying to take advantage of the time and energy while I have it. I know as we go into the next month with all of the activities surrounding the graduation here at the AF Academy, both time and energy will be in short supply! So today started with P90X Chest/Back, which felt even better than last week. I followed it, as I did last week, with X2 Core, and still love that combination. Then, to top it off, I did Turbo Fire 55 EZ. So much fun today!! Great workout all around.

Tami, I'm glad you enjoyed the bootcamp class! I'm glad you didn't spend the entire time running outside, especially if it was cold. That's no fun! The X2 Yoga workout is really good and different from P90X yoga. I think it is more 'user friendly' if I'm being honest. He does some tough moves in it, but they are not as sustained as those in the P90X. For the life of me I don't know why I like that P90X Yoga workout....but I do. In alot of ways, X2 (especially these early workouts) reminds me of the way my heart rate goes up in Cathe's LIS Tri-sets workouts. There is just alot of total body work, and, like you, I think it is a great type of training. I wish I could convince myself that I don't really need extra cardio (because I probably don't....at least not every day), but I haven't. Yet. :ohwell:

Michelle, I'm so glad to hear that you seem to have conquered jet lag! That's always a good feeling. Great job getting back to the workouts. Sounds like a good lower body workout you did today! Do you want me to send you our snow? :wink: Actually, we are under a blizzard warning again and at least this time, we are getting some snow. We only have a couple inches right now, but I'll take whatever moisture we get right now. It actually looks really pretty outside. Probably the prettiest snow we've had all year. Of course, the wind is due to kick up in a few hours, so that will change. So....we are a long way from AC weather, that's for sure.

I won't be able to check-in tomorrow, so I will see you all of Friday!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night was a particularly TOUGH Insanity class.:huh: I thought it was just me but the “regulars” were all looking at each other and then to me as well mouthing the words, this is tough …. So I wasn’t the only one. :tongue: We had a sub-instructor and she did one minute rounds on everything with only 3 water breaks in the hour. Crackin the whip. This a.m. was XT: Chest/Shoul/Back + Core, which felt great – I was surprised because last night my shoulders were tired, usually the last body part on me that feels tired to the point of weakness. :laugh: Tonight I am going to my DH’s fundraiser for the Special Olympics he is chairman of this year so no spinning. I am really looking forward to seeing how much they raise and a lot of people I know should be there, should be fun!

Michelle: 70’s!!!! :bigsmile: Wow. We woke up to 23 degrees and now it is sunny but it might get into the 40’s is all. Typical for us this time of year and just happy to see blue sky and sunshine I say. Way to get right into the workouts! Sounds like you had a great combo. :wink: Thanks on the Overstock idea, I have shopped on Overstock but not for rugs. I will look there and I’m sure be diverted to other cute things!

Laurel: I saw Denver highlighted on GMA this a.m. Yowsa! You guys are having your winter in April. :noway: Crazy! Another marathon workout! Great job. I bet you are feeling strong right now with all the combos you have been putting together, so awesome. Keep up the great work while you have the time & energy. :bigsmile: I know what you mean and wish I could convince myself as well …… glad I’m not the only one! Plus I enjoy cardio so I guess until I just don’t want too or actually convince myself I don't need to, I will keep at it. :blushing: :wink:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi Ladies!!!

No workout for me last night, as I had dinner with a friend, and then on the drive home got my first ever migraine. It was the most horrible pain I have felt....I think I'd take child birth over that. I barely made it home, and was delerious and shaking so badly from the pain that I don't really remember much. Hubby rubbed some essential oils on my temples while my boys held my hand. I was just about to head to the hospital when the pain slowly started to subside (but not until after a few trips to the bathroom thinking I was going to lose my dinner!). I feel fine today, but wowsa, that was crazy!

Tonight was KCM Body Training...another one that I'm considering putting out on Ebay...just not as challenging for me anymore! :ohwell:

Tami--I got a good chuckle out of your comment about Boot Camp being lower in intensity, and then WHAM Insanity came in full force! Sounds like a good workout, but I bet it was a shocker, esp. if it was tough all you regulars! I hope your Special Olympics fundraiser brought in lots of money!

Laurel--Dang, you are on fire with the long workouts! :tongue: Way to go on burning up that energy with some kick-butt workouts! Your weather sounds like what we're in for tonight, tomorrow and Friday. Our snow just melted over the last couple days with highs in the low 40's, and now we are forcasted to get 6" of snow on Thursday night. We don't even have ice out on most lakes here yet, and the prediction is that it may be mid-May before that happens, as we do not have highs above 50 anytime in the near future! :angry:

Michelle--Welcome Back!!! Sounds like an awesome trip, and even better that you didn't gain and still got to enjoy some yummy food! I think your time schedule upon return is a good idea...keep that jet lag at bay! Enjoy the relaxation now that all the chores are done!!

Laurie--I hope you are doing well!

Off to bed...talk to you tomorrow!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~
    The Special Olympics fundraiser was a huge success last night! :drinker: I could not be any happier for my hubby. He did such an amazing job and raised enough to secure their entry into the Special Olympics in Boise. It will be the first time in 5 yrs they have the funds to go. So great. :bigsmile: One of the mom’s came up to Brett and told him how excited she was to go home and tell her son he would be able to go this year. He said he could feel tears coming just from her story. LOVE that.

Needless to say, between the excitement of the event and the non-stop chatter I did not get to sleep until about 12:30 last night :noway: YIKES. No workout this a.m., I am exhausted. Not used to that kind of schedule in the middle of the week at all. Depending on how I feel tonight I may just head home for a little R&R and early to bed. If I catch a second wind I’ll do a workout but I think Plan A is sounding pretty good right now. :wink:

Erika: I am so sorry to hear about your migraine experience:frown: that sounds awful and I'm glad it went away without having to go to the doctor. Hopefully today was good for you and it didn't come back. :flowerforyou: I know, right on BootCamp one night and then Insanity was the complete other side of the coin. All good though, keeps my body guessing that’s forsure. Thanks for the well wishes on the SO event, as I mentioned above it was great. He is going to be tallying up the amount today between ticket sales, auction items and then just simply big donations people gave.

Hope you are all having a great day ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Hi ladies! It has been a busy week. My youngest has had a stomach bug - yuck. Yesterday, I did P90X arms and shoulders - LOVED it. Friday is always my plannned rest day. Hoping to get in a double workout this weekend because I missed my Wed workout. Next week, I plan to go back to Slow and Heavy for 2 weeks. I only have 1 more week of soccer and then I'd like to get in an extra workout at least one evening a week, even if it's a just a short premix from core or afterburn.

Tami- I'm glad the fund raiser went so well. I'm a special education teacher so that is a cause near and dear to my heart. I am usually in bed by 10, sometimes even 9:30 during the week. I would have a hard time getting up to workout after a late night too.

Erika- I should think about ebay for some of my old dvds that I don't use anymore, but I always think, maybe someday.... lol. Plus, most of the ones I don't do are cheap ones.

Laurel - you always amaze me with your workouts. 3 hours! Wow! If I could just get in an hour, I would be happy. How is turbo-fire? I think I need more cardio in my routine, but I struggle with cardio DVDs, mostly becuse I just feel awkward and don't think I get much of burn because I don't know what I am doing.

Michelle- Welcome back. That is awesome that you were able to enjoy your vacation without a gain. I love the Brazilian butt lift on fitness blender! They have some great workouts. However, I have bothered my shoulder multiple times doing their upper body workouts. I'm actually not sure which excercise it was but since it happened multiple times, I stopped doing the upper body.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Kelly
  • StiringWendel
    Hey Ladies! I missed you all yesterday, but it was just the start of what is going to be a very busy next six weeks. But, luckily, I got my workout in. I started with X2 Balance and Power, which is a challenging workout for me. Talk about feeling uncoordinated! Then I followed it with Afterburn Bonus Burn. Unfortunately I ran out of time about half way through the bonus, but at least I tried to get it all in! :ohwell:

Today, on the other hand, was another triple threat. I know it may be my last for a long time, so I decided why not? I started with P90X Shoulders and Arms which, like Kelly, I just love! Great workout with that. Then I followed it with Cathe's XTrain Cardio Leg Blast and Core 2. It has only been a couple of weeks since I did that workout, but I missed it! Too good. And then, to top it off, I did X2 Yoga (to get caught up on my yoga routines for this rotation). Boy, if I could blend the standing portion of X2 Yoga with the balance and stretching portion of P90X Yoga, I'd have the perfect yoga routine. I remembered how much I really like X2 Yoga today.

Tami, boy that Insanity class sounds tough! Yowza!! And congratulations to your DH on the fundraiser. That is SO exciting, and so wonderful for the participants. Despite the exhaustion, I'm sure it was worth missing a few workouts for that. I hope you enjoy a relaxing evening, and I'm sure you'll be hitting the workouts hard again soon. And before I forget....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you and your DH enjoy some nice time in Seattle. :flowerforyou:

Erika, I'm so sorry to hear about the migraine. I hate to ask this, but could it have been something you ate? I don't know if you are prone to food allergies, but for a migraine to come on that quickly and after dinner has me wondering if there may have been something in your meal that set it off. I hope you continue to be better and there are no returns of them. I've never had a real migraine, but I've seen enough people suffer through them to know they are something I hope to never experience. I hope you didn't get too much snow. We had snow on and off all day yesterday, but today is a little sunnier. Still cold though. I'm really curious what it looks like in the mountains when we drive up there tomorrow. I have a feeling there will be alot of snow around but, as I've been saying all along, that's a good sign when it comes to moisture. Sadly, it probably won't make for a great weekend of hiking!!

Kelly, sorry to hear about your DS being sick. No fun indeed. And how fun that you enjoyed P90X Shoulders and Arms this week too! I just love that workout. Slow and Heavy is another one of my favorite programs from Cathe, so have fun with that. Regarding Turbo Fire, it is the only workout program I have from Chalene. She annoys alot of people, but I like Turbo Fire alot! It is just pure fun for me. The music is good. The workouts are fun. Her form is awful. And she chatters endlessly. But those latter things I ignore because, like I said, it is just fun for me. I, too, am not very coordinated when it comes to cardio. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've fallen off of my step when doing step routines. :blushing: But I stick with it because it is a stress relief for me, and I do like the impact it has on my weight control (though as I age I find strength training to be as effective if not more effective in that area). Cardio is also important for heart health, but it can come in many forms. If cardio DVDs aren't for you, don't force yourself to do them. Find something you enjoy has always been my motto.

Michelle and Laurie, hope you are well!

DH and I are off tomorrow, so I'll probably check in next about Wednesday. Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ After a much needed “early to bed” and get some rest I feel a lot better today. :smile: Supercuts was this a.m. and then planning on hitting the Spin class tonight. We have decided to leave tomorrow …. Considering Montana for Sat & Sun or even just Spokane instead of Seattle; just a weekend getaway:wink: Which was my vote since the weather is so, SO crummy. DH is up for whatever I decide he said. I took Monday off so I don't feel pressure to be back.

Kelly: That is so awesome that you teach special education … :flowerforyou: I’m sure that was music to your ears to hear about the success of a fundraiser for the Special Olympics kids. I am still so excited for him, since it was his first year to take this on in our community. Glad to hear you enjoyed your P90X workout and I hope you get in that extra workout this weekend (I know how that feels to want to “make up” for the missed workout sometimes). Yes, for me, getting up at 4:15 for an early a.m. workout I try to get to bed at 9:00. So 12:30 the other night was a little bit like :noway: :yawn: :noway: in the middle of the week too.

Laurel: Another fantastic couple of workout combos it sounds like!:bigsmile: You hit the workouts strong again this week, nice job. It was definitely worth it. I enjoyed being there to support him and see it all come together after hearing about it all. Thank you for the Happy Birthday wish …… we have changed our plans slightly to either go over to Montana (it’s closer) and/or just head to Spokane for an afternoon/evening. Either way it will be fun and I can get in another workout before we head out :wink: :laugh: . Happy Anniversary to you!! :drinker: p.s. I saw that Shaun T has a new workout coming out! I got an e-mail from the BeachBody site. It's an intense 25 min workout.

Hope you all have a great weekend ~ talk to you on Monday!
    Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry to be MIA but I had discovered a lump prior to Europe and was hoping it would disappear upon returning..but no such luck.
    Then the doctor found two new lumps last week so mentally I was a wreck but had started a new contract at home which helped to distract me this weekend. Early this morning hubby took me for the tests but the Radiologist could not find the mass although it is visible to the eye:huh: They say it could be a fatty tissue that broke off so Im not sure what to think as I had injured my shoulders a few weeks ago. Needless to say my doctor will determine whether or not to do the MRI. I feel way better today and will see by the end of the week.

Erika- Sounds like a major allergic reaction to something in your dish. Years ago a friend of mine had a similar reaction and was on the floor b/c the migraine was so severe, she was taken to the hospital via ambulance where she learned the culprit was Msg.

Kelly- Don't feel bad I also wish that I could dedicate a solid hour to exercise and would beat myselfup mentally if I did not, studies have shown that 30-45 minutes is just as effective and HIIT cardio will bring great results if steady state is not your cup of tea:wink: After observing those beautiful size 2-4 women in Europe who walk everywhere and eat fresh food with the occasional indulgences, everything the experts say is obviously not set in stone.:laugh:

Tami- Awesome job to your hubby and his great cause and I felt misty eye hearing about the mom whose son will be able to attend.:flowerforyou: Hopefully your weekend getaway was awesome for both of you.. Did I read that right 9:00pm is bedtime...geesh 12:30 was horrible for you then..you deserve to sleep in:wink:

Laurel- Keep rocking those workouts! Hopefully that amazing energy will rub off on me soon:tongue:

Laurie- Good Morning..how is everything?

Ok off to enjoy my day and a cup of tea..yesterday the girls were swimming today the little one is in corduroys and a light jacket and now I'm battling a chest cold.:grumble: Wierd weather!

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies :bigsmile: I'm OFF today and I have enjoyed every second of it! Can't believe how great I feel when I'm not at work, I guess that's normal right:frown: :huh: DH and I decided to just stay around here instead of going anywhere. The weather was so crazy windy & rainy. We went & had a light lunch at a great restaurant I rarely go to, just because it's about 25 min away. Had a couple of yummy cocktails as well :wink: then we did some shopping. Stopped at Costco for some dinner to prepare on Sat night. It was very relaxing and a nice time. :smile: Workouts for the weekend were Cardio Leg Blast + Core on Saturday, yesterday was XT HardStrikes + Core and today I opted for Total Body Tri-Sets (upper & lower) since I had the time! Felt great. Also, took the kids for a walk because today was our first sunny day in a while. I'm so glad that I had today off to enjoy it. :bigsmile:

Michelle: I'm sorry to hear about your newly discovered lump.:frown: Im sure you have been feeling nervous/scared for a while now. Which is never fun. I am sending good thoughts and prayers that it is just something simple like a fatty tissue and no worries for you. Glad your appt today made you feel a little better. Thanks on the Special Olympics kudos! I am still feeling so happy for him. I know right, on the mom approaching him. Every time I think of it I get misty eyed and feel very proud. Yes, you read that correctly ..... :blushing: 9 pm is my usually head to bed time; sometimes 9:30. Of course if Im not getting up that early I go to bed much later. Keep us posted this week on your doctor's thoughts/results. :flowerforyou:

Hello Laurel, Kelly, Erika & Laurie ~ Hope you all had a great weekend!! Talk to you tomorrow.
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies!!!

I am so confused by this "spring" weather. We had 6" of snow last week, and tonight we are going to get 7" and again Wednesday! :angry: But, we're supposed to be in the 70's this weekend! :bigsmile:

My workouts have been good...I've had some rest days, just due to being busy, or tired, which I figure I deserve as I don't take many rest days!

Tami--I'm glad to hear the fundraiser went so well...how awesome! :bigsmile: Sounds like the perfect weekend with DH, nice and relaxing and fun! Great workouts to add to a great weekend too! :bigsmile: My migrane never came back, but I was asked by a lot of people if it was food related. Weird thing is that it was a restaurant that my friend (all organic) picked out, as they locally source their food, and it's supposed to be fresh and free of any preservatives/additives. But, I wonder if there was something besides that in it that I'm not used to. All the foods had unique twists to them as far as veggies, meats, etc. I had lamb and fennel, both of which I don't think I have had before. Could have been one of those?

Laurel--Bummer on being a busy 6 weeks coming up, but it sounds like you are getting in the long workouts when you can, and still pushing hard! Any more snow there? We're just getting pummelled here! :grumble:

Michelle--I'm glad you're feeling better, but hope you can get some answers from your doc, besides that they can't find anything?? I'm sure it's causing unnecessary stress both mentally and physically. Hang in there and make sure to get lots of rest! :flowerforyou:

Kelly--I'm sorry to hear your kiddo was sick, but glad to hear you'll have a week night free up soon! :bigsmile: We had a weekend with only 3 hockey events (our normal is 5+) and no family events, with a Saturday with no plans! We spent all day making meals to freeze for lunches and nights that we don't feel like cooking. It was a great weekend! Great job on the P90X workout!!!

Hi Laurie!

Off to get some rest to prepare for a LONG drive tomorrow morning in the snow!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Today’s workout is Insane-X after work so I will report in about that tomorrow. :wink: It is our regular instructor back so I’m sure sprints/suicides/burpees are all on the agenda!

Erika: I can imagine you are completely confused with the weather, yikes!!!! :grumble: :noway: You are having full on winter right now. I’m sure you are very tired of it. Fingers crossed that the good weather comes like they are saying. I would imagine it was food related for your migraine. Here’s hoping & that it is not a regular occurrence. :flowerforyou: Great job keeping up with the workouts and the rest as well! Yes, you’re a busy woman, you deserve rest days!

Hope everyone is good ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Good Evening Ladies.

Such a sad day in our household, our 12yo dog died unexpectedly early this morning. She came home from her haircut yesterday acting normal, and then was sneezing into the evening and sounded like she may be coming down with a cold. By 3am, she was struggling to breathe, so my hubby took her to the ER. She had fluid in her lungs, around her heart and an enlarged heart. They tried to help her, but her heart couldn't keep up. We had to wake the boys to go up and say goodbye, so it was a very early morning for all of us, and we all stayed home to mourn. I've never had a pet I was close with, and neither have my boys. It was such a hard day. I spent all day wondering "what if" as I could have taken her in last night, but I didn't think it was anything more than a cold. Now, I realize that God had a plan (after having a heart to heart with a good friend that just lost 2 dogs this month), and probably spared her from a long drawn out struggle. She had a heart murmur and some arthritis, so it could have been much worse. Still tough though! :cry:

I did nothing more than cry most of the day, and then decided I needed to get a workout in so I did Cathe Pure Strength. It felt good, and gave me some energy to get through to bed time.

Tami--I hope your Insane-X class was fun! :bigsmile:

Hi Michelle, Laurie and Laurel! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you all tomorrow. Off to dream about my princess tonight. :heart:

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

Last week was super busy, and I'm glad that it is over. Unfortunatly I will have to go through this again in another 4 weeks. :huh: We really got a lot accomplished in our common stockroom, but what a huge undertaking. This place has not been organized since I was hired, they threw two stockrooms together and dusted there hands after that. :noway: When I first got here I tried getting it clean out, really happy to see some progress. :wink: I'm finally caught up with most of what I missed last week. I was way to tired to get any type of workout in, but I started up again yesterday. I'm going to restart Jillian's Body Revolution, so I did workout 1 yesterday and workout 2 this morning.

Erika, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :cry: It takes a while to get over the loss, and it really is good that you have another dog. It took us almost 5 years before we where able to bring another dog into our house. WTG on using a workout to help with your recovery. :wink: This weather has been really crazy, had to endure a track meet on Saturday that had snow on the track. They had to get it in, because there have been to many cancelled because of rain.

Tami, Hope you had a wonderul time with your Insane-X class! I'm sure your instructor put you through something great. Glad to see that you enjoyed your day off.

Michelle, How scarry for you, but I hope that you get wonderful answers from your doctor. I hope you are able to battle that cold, to many people around here are sick. I really want to avoid that as much as possible.

Kelley, I am not able to dedicate more than a 1/2 hour for workouts right now. My youngest dd's schedule with track and dance makes for a busy evening. Don't worry about it.

Laurel, WTG, and I hope that your energy rubs off on me. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    Morning Ladies,

Busy week as this cold has progressed into a sneezing, coughing, barely can breathe nightmare.:grumble: I'm also working on a new contract and then they offerred overtime which was an offer I did not want to refuse:bigsmile: This morning I woke up feeling clearer so obviously the vicks and nyquil were effective last night:bigsmile: I did Jessica Smith Walk Fusion followed with a Fitness Blender LB Barre..short, low impact and breather friendly:laugh:

Erika- Big Hug:flowerforyou: As much as I grumble with Mr. C, he is family/son and losing him would break my heart. Although she can not be replaced I'm glad that there is a 4-legged creature to provide some unconditional love for the family during this time.

Tami- The fatty tissue theory was mentioned by the technician but I have never heard of this before so I can only hope it is truly that minor. Years ago I had a benign cyst removed in my late teens so it does get scary if I notice anything out of the norm especially in wierd locations.

Laurie- Glad to see you surface from the nightmare of warehousng logistics:wink: Yikes the thought of a repeat session would have me submitting my vacation request.:laugh:

Kelly & Laurel- Good Morning:flowerforyou:

Ok the sneezing & coughing has started again, off to get some lemon tea, tissues and some lozenges and start my work.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I enjoyed a very nice long weekend with DH. Yesterday was just a crazy day around here, so I wasn't able to check-in. But throughout this long weekend, I was able to workout most days. Today marked the beginning of week 3 of my P90X/X2 Hybrid, and I am still loving it so very much. Today was a marathon workout as well since I have the time today. I took full advantage. I started the day with XTrain Tabatacise and then went right into X2 Plyocide and then right into the standing portion of XTrain Legs. Great, great combo! Then I finished it with the standing portion of X2 Yoga followed by the balance/floor section P90X YogaX. I mentioned last week that I thought this would make for the perfect yoga workout.....and it did. Perfect balance between the two.

Erika, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :cry: What very sad news. I can't imagine how shocking that was since it happened so quickly. Take care of yourself. I think it is good you got a workout in because it probably made you feel 'normal' for a minute or two. My thoughts are with you. I hope your weather has improved. Ours hasn't (snow all day yesterday as a matter of fact!). But they are telling us we'll be near 70 for the weekend. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm officially tired of being cold. :grumble:

Michelle, what a scare about the lumps! Please keep us posted. Things like that are always scary. And now you have a cold on top of it! Probably not much of a surprise given everything you've been through in the past month. Take care of yourself. I've been meaning to ask.....how are your DH and MIL doing? I hope your MIL has taken some time over the past few weeks to grieve. :flowerforyou:

Tami, your weekend sounds perfect! You were able to get your workouts in AND also spend some time with your DH. We were really wondering if we should go away as well because of the weather, but we ended up with decent weather for most of the weekend. It was cold (more like February than April), but it was so nice to spend some time in the mountains again and just be away for a little while. Great job on the workouts!! When are you going to start X2? Let me know if you have any questions!!

Laurie, sorry to hear about the busy time at work! I imagine you weren't up to workouts after that. :noway: In fact, it sounds like you got your workout in at work! Hope you enjoy Jillian! How have you been feeling? I hope you continue to improve.

Kelly, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ As expected last night with Insane-X was warm-up which is now the full length of the gym, jogging, high knees, butt kickers, jumping jacks, lunges then 2 sets of lines with push-ups in between. The workout, which was push-up intensive! Then 3 more sets of lines with burpees and one more round, then stretching. :wink: After class she came over to me and asked for some ideas. She said she doesn’t want the class to feel like the same ol thing week after week. I told her it wasn’t feeling that way to me but I am happy to bring some ideas for her.:smile: Thought it was nice of her to ask me that, kind of a compliment actually. This a.m. was Cross Fire, tonight will be Spinning.

Erika: I’m SO sorry to hear about your little dog. :brokenheart: :cry: I have been through the loss of a pet a few times now and it is such a hard thing to go through, I understand the sadness you are feeling. They do truly become a part of your family. It is true that the blessing of the situation is that it wasn’t a drawn out ordeal of discomfort or even pain for the little sweets & facing more tests/decisions, etc. Awwwwwwwww, SO, so sorry. :flowerforyou: Nice that your were able to get in a workout to get you through to the evening & your mind off of it temporarily .

Laurie: Sounds like you have been beyond busy at work! :noway: Glad that it is over but sorry to hear you get to do it all again in 4 weeks. I’m with Michelle, ask for some vacation time! Nice job starting back with JM Body Revolution yesterday & today! I bet it felt great to get back in it! :wink:

Michelle: Sorry to hear about your cold and barely breathe nightmare! :sick: That is the worst. It is good that the Vicks & Niquil did their job last night though. Good job getting in a workout today. Probably felt good to get that circulation moving eventhough you’re not 100%. :tongue: My mom had a fatty tissue bump removed a long time ago. It was sitting right at the base of her underwire and it was pretty small but they just removed it and tested it, all was good to go. I’m hoping the same for you, things like this are always scary. Especially the unknown. . . . thinking of you sweet lady! :flowerforyou:

Laurel: Again I say “YOW-sa!!” :noway: You must have worked out for like 4 hrs today! Great work. So fun that you and DH were able to get away into the mtns. I bet it felt great & good quality time for your Anniversary weekend! Yay. I am planning on starting up X2 next week! :bigsmile: Yahoo. I’m excited to start & ready for a little change. I’m hoping to start writing down the workouts on my calendar and seeing what the line-up is along with the substitutions you recommended (bonus workouts) before from when you did the rotation. I’m sure I’ll have some questions for you once I do that. If there is anything off the top of your head you are thinking of please let me know though! :wink:

Hi Kelly – Hope you are having a good week! :smile:

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    Good Evening Ladies!

Thanks for all the kind words...Today was better than yesterday as I didn't cry as much. I woke up at 1am and ended up staying up for the day snuggling our pup. She is bummin too, so I figured she needed it. Tonight was no workout as I am beat and wanted to snuggle on the boys a bit.

Tami-Wow, sounds like Insane-x was a good one! How nice to have the instructor ask you for ideas, such a compliment!

Laurie-I am glad to hear you get a few weeks of relief from work being so crazy, but yet have to do it all again. Hopefully you can enjoy the downtime with some rest and workouts!

Laurel-Girl, how do you do it? You make these intense workouts sound easy! Great job on bringing it! I hope you are going to get the nice weather...ours starts this weekend with 70's!

Michelle-Ugh, a Springtime cold, not fun! Keep up the Vicks and Nyquil...sounds like it is helping! Nice work on picking workouts that work with the cold symptoms. Rest up when you can!

Time for bed...hopefully tonight goes better than last night!

Erika
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Good Morning! It has been a busy week! Yesterday was afterburner in the am and a nice jog in the evening. Perfect weather! I was at meetings at another school yesterday so I need to head in early. did a quick core this am. I would like to S&H bis and tris tonight but may opt for a shorter workout, depending on time. This weekend is the last weekend of soccer, but it is a tournament with three games. Hopefully I can get in at least one workout. I order some bob Harper DVDs. They were on sale font his website. I got like 6 for around $20. I really want to try the kettleballs. One of them got horrible reviews, but it came in a 4 pack.

Erika- I am so sorry about your dog. I can't imagine such an unexpected loss. Enjoy your snuggle time. Hugs!

Tami- sounds like you have been killin your workouts this week. Great job!

Laurel- sounds like you made great use of your extra time! Nice work. I am curious to check out X2 - but I pretty much want to buy every DVD! Lol. I am addicted!

Michelle- I think you made some great workout choices, even with a cold. I have a hard time when I have a cold. I usually opt for weights, thinking it won't upset my breathing, but often end up extra sore. Barre sounds like a good routine.

Laurie- good luck with BR! The best part about Jillian, her workouts are short but give an awesome burn!

Have a great end to your week!

Kelly
  • bajangrl29
    Morning Ladies,

Feeling way better this morning so I opted for Jessica's Smith Walking workout..nice routine. Hoping to increase my stamina and really start a heavier routine next week for the Upper body and Abs:bigsmile:

Erka- Awwwh I'm so sorry to hear that but it will take awhile to adjust so cry when you want and let it out..eventually the great memories will surface again.:flowerforyou:

Kelly - I also bought some BH dvds before the Europe trip and hope to include some strength dvds into my new rotation. I have one of the KB dvds and it did work up a good sweat:bigsmile:

Tami- Funny you said the underwire area because it is located right under the bra strap area and sesms to be shrinking this week...maybe wishful thinking but it feels smaller and is less pominent:bigsmile:

Laurel- My MIL is back at work which is great but was truly able to relax, sleep, and talk while she was here during my trip. My mom was also here and she was able to talk to her which my hubby said really helped during that first week.Thanks so much for inquiring. As for my hubby those thoughts are buried too deep but overall he is staying busy which in itself can be therapeutic.

Laurie- Good morning:flowerforyou:

Michelle:bigsmile: