Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last time with JMBR's Workout 1! I have to admit that I wasn't bored with this workout yet, so that really is a good thing. Might get bored with the cardio, because that one doesn't change for the next two weeks. I'm sure that it will be fine though, because I do enjoy it.

Michelle, Sounds like a great challenge for you and your Mom. :wink: I will be interested in your thoughs on those FIT workouts. You probably would like the Cardio workouts from JMBR. Cardio 1 is low impact, but it does get your HR up. She has someone so the advanced version, so I feel like I can keep doing this set even when my endurance level gets higher. Some people said that the first two weeks where easy, and they are, but there are so many ways to make it tougher. I feel for your dd, they sure are resiliant when they are young. :wink:

Laurel, Yesterday I thought for sure that I had a cold, and then the cold front came through. :huh: I'm breathing fine, but just stuffed up. So I'm thinking allergies. Dang on the snow, we just dropped 40 degress. :laugh: Upper Body and then yoga, my arms would have been noodles after that. :laugh:

Tami, Interesting exercise she had you do, sounds tough. For sure getting through a new workout for the first time can be tough, and Tony really comes up with some interesting moves sometimes. I was that way with his Plus workout that came out after P90X. Some of those moves I just stood there watching everyone. :laugh: Hope your spin class was a good one. I'm almost tempted to tell dd to just get a job for a year, and then figure out what you want to do after that. :wink:

Erika, I'm guessing that Lily did fine with the puppies? Sounds like both choices are boy dogs? So you will have a puppy running around your house in the next couple of weeks, that should be a ton of fun. Are the boys planning on helping alot with taking care of the new pup? Nope we didn't get any snow, but I know that my parents did. They still have winter snow on the ground. :noway:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Spin class was another great one! :smile: Lots of hills and pushes or sprints on hills, went by fast and great music! This a.m. was X2 Yoga …. Yes I did the Yoga and was proud that I followed through, felt good! I figure if I’m going to skip the Recovery workout (aka: stretching for 25 min) I should continue with this part of the program, I know it’s good for my body! :wink: I headed to the Insane Abs class at noon. I’ve missed it the last couple weeks because of work so it was fun to go again. Tonight after work I am planning on getting the “kids” out & about. We have a really nice weather day today. :bigsmile: Sorry for those of you if you have snow or something crazy. :frown:

Erika: That is so exciting! It is going to be so much fun … lots of work for a little while but so worth it. :bigsmile: Yay! Can’t wait to hear who you pick and hopefully you will post a picture of the new family member. It is hard to decide, I went back three times before I picked Emma. I loved them all was my problem and she came from a litter of 12! :noway: Then the day I finally picked her out I went back to my car to write her the deposit check and locked my keys in the car. :noway: Ummm, excited much?!?! Wouldn’t have been that big of a deal but this lady lived like 40 minutes out of town around the lake. Hello DH, can you drive out here with my spare key? Pretty funny. He had to look with a flashlight at which one I finally picked because it was dark by then.

Laurie: Great job again with your JMBR workout ~ glad you enjoy that cardio one if you will be doing it for the next two weeks. Probably feels so great to just be back at it and working out! :drinker: :wink: Thanks on the thoughts & encouragement, Tony definitely does come up with some interesting moves. Like any new workout or program as you do it the 2nd or 3rd time through I am sure it will be more “normal” and then I will have a better feel for the program too. If your DD did start working a little bit she might find what she does and doesn’t want to do as a career forsure!

Hello Michelle, Laurel & Kelly ~ :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies!

A crappy day at work (the guys were starting to think I was their secretary!), but dinner with a client from my previous job solved all the days worries! Then a nice TF Hiit workout tonight, made for a good end to the night!

Tami--Nice class, and I bet Yoga this AM felt great! I know Yoga is good for me, but I have such a hard time getting myself to do it. I am going to try though! I hope you and the pups enjoyed a nice walk tonight! Our snow melted fast, as we only got about an inch. South of us was 14" and schools were closed! I'm so excited about the new pup, and I will definitely post pics. I think the boys and I will go down there next week to make the pick, as she'll start getting calls on the litter soon I would think.

Laurie--I'm so glad to hear the JMBR workout is still fun! I love that! Lily did great with the boy dogs, but the girl ones she had, not so much. We made the right decision in going with a boy. Lily and Lexie fought for 2 years over who was alpha, and Lily has clearly taken that role now, so I think a boy is our best bet at allowing her to stay alpha! The boys already are a great help with Lily, and can't wait to each have their "own" dog. They loved having Lexie when she was alive, but always felt like that was more my dog or Brent's, because they weren't involved in picking her out.

Hi Michelle and Laurel!

Talk to you ladies later, most likely Monday as we're on the run tomorrow night.

Have a good one!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yet, but plan on doing Workout 2 after work. I should be by myself tonight, unless youngest dd's track meet is cancelled because of rain. It is pouring here! DH and I looked out the window at the grass seed we put down, and both where wondering if it washed away. :frown:

Tami, :drinker: on the yoga. That one is shorter than YogaX isn't it? I always feel so good after doing yoga, but tend to forget about doing it. It does feel really good to be back to working out. This has been the first week that I have been consistant since I got sick, and I'm really happy that I felt so good.

Erika, Sorry to hear about the secretary part, my old boss used to do that to me all the time. :wink: WTG on using the Hiit workout to get some of the frustration out. I have heard that most times it is best to have a boy and girl dog. They tend to get along better.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday! I finished off my first phase of the P90X/X2 hybrid I dreamed up today. :drinker: Yesterday I did X2 Balance and Power followed by the Drill Max cardio/leg premix (and STS No Equipment Abs). Today was a trifecta!! I had the time, so I went with it. I started with X2 Total Body, went into P90X Legs and Back, and then ended with XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT (and added the HiiT sections from Intensity on the end.....just for the fun of it). Lots of energy today. I probably will hate myself for this tomorrow though. :wink:

Laurie, I'm so glad you are back into a workout routine. That has got to feel great! Boy, I wish we would get some rain here. It is either warm and sunny....or snowing. Just a weird spring. Our water levels are still way down, so water restrictions will be in place all summer. So without some rain, I'm not expecting much to green up at all. Not pretty.

Erika, nothing like a TF workout to end a bad day!! They always pick me up, especially when I'm in a bad mood. Hopefully the issues are work are just temporary. I hope you are able to settle on a pup soon!

Tami, :drinker: on making it through X2 Yoga. I love yoga and the way it makes my body feel, but sadly I can't consider it a 'workout'. That's why I always make sure to do something before I do yoga, but I have that kind of luxury of time.....and you don't. So good job in getting it in!! I'm glad my suggestions may help you. Some of the moves are really different. And I was frustrated at times, which is one of the reasons I stuck with that phase so long. I really wanted to see if I could do them better. I'm curious your impression of Balance and Power. Not my favorite of the bunch for some reason because of some of the moves. But when I was doing it yesterday, I felt like I had it pretty mastered, and that was a good feeling. Please feel free to ask any more questions you might have. I hope you can get these workouts to work for you because I really do think they are good. But like I've said before, they are difficult to learn to love.

Michelle, hope you are well.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies & TGIF!!!! (as I say every Friday) :drinker: This a.m. was X2 Balance & Power. Made it through, I'll just say that! :wink: I ended up doing a few of the moves on the floor with the one guy instead of on the ball so I could just “do the workout” - felt accomplished on some moves and not so much on others. Headed to spinning tonight after work eventhough it is gorgeous out again! It’s only a 45 min class so it will be perfect. :smile: Can enjoy the nice evening after plus get in a good burn!

Erika: I’m with ya there on the Yoga & knowing that it is excellent for my body …. But have a hard time doing it.:blushing: Hence the comment yesterday when I said (yes, I did it) :laugh: Nice job with the TF Hiit workout. I’m having lunch with a friend tomorrow, we are having belated birthday celebration – hers was the 15th. So it should be fun.

Laurie: Hope you are able to get in your workout this evening with the house all to yourself! :smile: Dang it on the grass seed:ohwell: You never know though, it’s crazy how those little seeds can still hang in there. Fingers crossed! X2 is shorter, which is great. Thank goodness, my mind really starts to wander in YogaX w/ it being 90 min. Congrats again to a great week of working out! :flowerforyou:

Laurel: OK, please send me that energy and even more….. the TIME to get in some trifecta’s! :bigsmile: That sounds like lots of fun “work”, great job again lady! I agree on the Yoga and I do know it’s great for me, just hard to consider it a workout. Balance & Power …. :huh: I can see each workout why you say “you have to do the moves/workouts several times through”. As I briefly mentioned above I did some on the floor with the one guy because I kept having the ball roll away, etc. I wanted to get the whole workout in so thought that was my best route until at least week 2. Definitely feel (in some moves) like I have never ever even attempted a workout in my life on some of these moves.:blushing: Then others I felt good about. Keeping at it, week 1 almost done. Going to do a leg workout tomorrow! Looking forward to it. :wink:

Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started my second phase of X/X2 yesterday with X2s V Sculpt. This is one of the 'bonus' workouts, and I really enjoy it. It isn't heavy/tough lifting, but I like the variety of moves. And it flies by! I followed it with TF 55EZ.....just for fun! Today was X2 Plyocide, and I felt like more cardio after that. So instead of the final stretch, I jumped right into Cathe's 4DS Kickbox/Bootcamp cardio premix (which I love!) and then finished up with the legs from 4DS Kickbox. So fun to revisit those 4DS workouts after several months!!

Tami, I hate to say this.....but I'm SO glad to hear your review of Balance and Power. There are some moves in there where I still go :huh: . And I've done it several times!! I modify to the floor still on a couple of moves because I found I just didn't feel safe on the ball. Yeah, trying to master that one is one of the reasons I stayed on that first phase so long. Very different stuff in there. Good job on 'making it through'! I hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend on Saturday. Sounds like fun!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sat a.m. I went ahead with Peak 10 Cardio Strength for something fun cardio and a little bit of weight work … missing that right now so it was good! :bigsmile: Yesterday was nearly 80 degrees and after an early a.m. coffee date + a dog walk I opted to run some errands and sit outside …. Relaxing and reading. The workout was calling my name but I couldn’t sacrifice that Vitamin D since I am inside all day at work so it was a battle but the sunshine won.:blushing: BootCamp tonight and then back to X2 tomorrow . . . week 2 starts tomorrow.

Laurel: Sounds like you’re still hitting the workouts hard lady! :bigsmile: :drinker: Nice work. I’m glad I could help with my review of B&P. I know it always makes me feel better when I find out you are doing the same thing :wink: & thank goodness you are still feeling a little bit of that eventhough you’ve done the whole program. That one move that you put your elbow and weight on the ball, reaching up side to side???:noway: I’m not sure I will ever quite get that one unless I put my feet/ball against a wall. Lunch with my girlfriend was so much fun. We went downtown to a fun little place and sat outside. Felt great! Her and I have the best time together so it flew by. We exchanged Bday gifts too …. She bought me a really fun tank top for working out and a form fitting jacket for colder weather (after workout type jacket). :smile:

Hope you are all having a good Monday ~ talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

It was a very nice weekend here...just the right mix of hockey games, and family time. Sunday we decided to head down to see the pups one more time and make our final pick. My picture is of the one we picked! :bigsmile: He's the one my hubby really wanted, and we all agreed on him over the other, once we saw the spunk he has in him! We get to pick him up on the 18th, so now we start the name game! :laugh:

I took a rest day on Saturday as I needed one, and then picked back up on Sunday. I've been dong mostly weight work, with very little cardio, and it's really changing my body nicely. I do get some cardio in through the leg workouts (usually Cathe Cardio Legs) and have been walking Lily each night, so that gets in some cardio.

Work is back to normal...I just had to show my mean side and put my foot down, I guess. All my reps came over to make sure I came back today, as I they knew I was mad at them all for trying to treat me like the last 2 girls. I told them they need me too much to start messing with me! :wink: I think they all got the point! :bigsmile:

Tami--Nice work on enjoying that sunshine...I did some of that this weekend too! It was too nice to be inside! :bigsmile: Great work on the X2 workout, sounds like it's a tough series, but you'll excel at it I am sure!

Laurel--Your workouts sound like they are keeping you challenged, which is awesome! :bigsmile: The high energy must be your body telling you that it can handle more. :bigsmile: How was your weather this weekend? Finally warm?

Laurie--I hope you had some time to yourself to get your workout in, but if you got anything like we did, all sports were cancelled due to the pouring rain (we had snow too on Friday).

Hi Michelle and Kelly!

Time to chill with my Lily for awhile before bed.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was a tough combo!! I only have one day per week where I do two 'X' workouts on one day in this phase....and today was it. So I started with P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and went right into P90X Back and Biceps from there. That's a tough combo!! My arms were screaming by the end. I loved it! :blushing: I followed it all with Ab Ripper X and then Cardio Supersets. Yep, a long workout, but these long workouts are going to come to an abrupt halt in two days, so I'm taking advantage!! It feels good, and I feel like I'm getting stronger and fitter every day. Just in time for spring!!

Erika, what a cute puppy!!!! How fun that you have a new one to look forward to. How could anybody refuse that little face? Too cute!! I'm glad you are seeing the positive benefits to strength training right now. I know that my body responds much more to strength training than it does cardio anymore, though I still need the cardio for some calorie burn AND my mind likes it (more than my body does, if I'm being perfectly honest!) I'm also glad things at work have calmed down. It's nice to know you are appreciated and they saw the error of their ways. Let's hope it doesn't happen again. The weather here is very mixed right now. We are supposed to get a few inches of rain this week which is ALOT for this environment. They are worried about flooding where the fire was last year. But I'm all up for rain right now. We're supposed to get back into the 70s next week, so I'll take the rain this week, sunshine next week and then, maybe, we'll finally see some green.

Tami, sounds like you enjoyed a great weekend! I would have opted for the Vitamin D as well. :smile: Yeah, that move you describe from Balance and Power is just......:noway: . I end up rolling all over my workout room on that one. I'm just glad nobody is here to see it. :tongue: But I keep trying. Maybe some day I will master it.

Laurie and Michelle, hope you are both well!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Tough BootCamp class :noway: but I was glad since I had missed an a.m. workout yesterday & with X2 not offering a lot of cardio factor this helps me mentally! :laugh: It was 84+ degrees out, which was beautiful and sunny, but warm because she had us outside the whole class. Which I figured. We ran up and down a hill nearby the gym I don’t know how many times. Also we ran down once and lunged up, then down once and high knee skipping up. Then to a grassy area for planks, push-ups, abwork. Then run down the hill and sprint back up (this round was halfway down & up). This a.m. was X2 Core. Tonight will be Insane-X.

Erika: Oh my goodness what a sweet little face! Just want to :smooched: on his little face! I am so excited you guys all decided on one and he will be the perfect addition I’m sure! :bigsmile: Sounds like a busy & fun filled weekend you had and glad you are still doing great with the workouts, seeing changes! That’s awesome. Good on ya for getting assertive with those reps! :drinker: Sounds like they tested the boundaries a bit and now know where they can’t cross! Thank you for the encouragement with X2, I’m hoping I can at least say I’m doing the program with success …. Excel – right now, that feels a bit far into the future! :laugh:

Laurel: Can I just say YOW-sa AGAIN lady!!!!:noway: Holy 3++ hour workout. Nice job. I bet your arms were definitely feeling it after that. Way to work. :drinker: Yes, with my area being on wood floors and then a couple of yoga mats it makes for an interesting platform for the ball and my feet to be skidding around on.

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another tough combo today! I started with Cathe's To The Max Extreme premix, which was all kinds of fun. Then moved right into Lower Body Blast. And finished up with my hybrid P90X/X2 Yoga, doing the standing part of X2 Yoga, and the balance and floor part of P90X yoga. The best of both worlds indeed. I must say that after the past few days of workouts, I'm a tad spent! But that was the point. I've really blasted off some excess winter fat the last couple of weeks and feel ready to embark on this busy next few weeks full of activities and eating events!! I knew I needed to get myself mentally prepared to say 'no' to all kinds of foods at these events, and, for whatever reason, working out this hard is the best thing for me when it comes to doing that.

Tami, that bootcamp class sounds fantastic!! I bet the cardio felt good, and the warm air probably felt wonderful as well. We actually have rain today! :drinker: I love a good gloomy day every now and again, and this one is it. Too bad I have to wander out this afternoon because I'd much rather be sitting back and reading a book. :ohwell: Any new thoughts on X2 Core? Just curious........

Hope you all are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X was good. :wink: We did a “Pure Cardio” version where it is straight one minute moves for 28 minutes straight. She also had us do lines & push-ups at the end, 2 sets! I was feeling good last night, so it was tough but felt good at the same time! This a.m. was Plyocide and tonight I am headed to Spinning right after work.:bigsmile:

Laurel: I have to do one of these when I read your “winter fat” moment :noway: I doubt there was much to spare :huh: But I can bet if there was any at all it didn’t stand a chance in the last couple of weeks. :laugh: You have really pumped out some fantastic trifectas and then some! Way to work lady. :bigsmile: I know what you mean about the harder you work, the less you are inclined to make a bad food choice. I know when I feel like I’m really in a rhythm of workouts & they are feeling great, I don’t make bad food choices. I am opting for a leg workout tomorrow in place of the X2 Recovery so that should feel good. :wink: Thanks for asking about X2 Core. I did feel like it was a little better yesterday and Plyocide felt good today too, it’s more straight forward of a workout … and/or something I’m used to. I’m hoping Total Body & Balance & Power also follow suit & feel that way on Fri/Sat since I struggled with those two the most last week :blushing: The warm-up is still a bit :frown: but today I did some running in place, jumping jacks, stretching instead of just foam roller and then into the “worlds greatest stretch” & “groinners” :laugh: I felt a little more prepared for Plyo moves. I’m feeling anxious about not having much for strength training right now but the next phase I’m sure will start incorporating that?!?

Hi Laurie, Michelle, Erika & Kelly!! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

After those brutal 12 hour days my sleep deprivation hit hard this weekend. I announced a "technology free zone" this weekend and the eldest just about had a meltdown :huh: which led to an extension for her. :grumble: She finally grasped the seriousness and focused on her art and completed two portraits this weekend. On Sunday it was Spring fever and re-planting the driveway garden, then trimming all trees and shrubs to prepare for a nice Mother's day weekend. I want to grill this weekend something we use to do every weekend before hubby left for Iraq, so that is my mother's day request, a new grill in the soon-to-be newly decorated patio. :bigsmile: My outdoor rugs arrived yesterday so it is time to scrub, finish the last planter and wash down all pollen off tables, cushions, and decorate outdoors. Yesterday we had a field trip at Panama City Beach and whew all day with loud second graders was exhausting, hubby came home and napped while I sipped on coffee and tried to relax. :noway: I'm battling a cough and back on medicine so not sure if this will continue and lay dormant then resurface whenever my system is overworked. :grumble:

Erika- He is soooo cute! What breed and I'm so excited that a new member is being added to the family. Yes every now and then it takes an aggressive demeanor to remind people that you are not their doormat!

Laurel- I'm with Tami as to doubting there was any to spare. :tongue: With these 3 hour workouts it will definitely melt away swiftly. :laugh:

Tami- Sounds like the preparation will benefit you in the long run and hopefully the strength training will pick up later after that core is strong for a more functional workout.

Laurie- We too were having major rain and I was very happy that the field trip day was so beautiful, unfortunately the rain is suppose to be back this weekend but I plan to grill anyway. :grumble:

Off to hit the garden.

Mihelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So today marked my last relatively free day for the next few weeks. I'm going to miss my spare time!! But I was a tad tired today after the workouts over the past few days, so I took it down a notch. But just one notch! :tongue: I started with X2 Shoulders and Arms which is, without doubt, my favorite X2 workout! I followed it with X2 Ab Ripper. And then I did Intensity, with the bootcamp portion added on. I haven't done that workout in its entirety since before the new year, and I've missed it! Too much fun. Of course, I realized about half way through that I probably shouldn't have done that workout today because I did HiiT yesterday as well, and it isn't recommended two days in a row. Oh, well. :ohwell: I continued with my workout but promised myself to take it easier on the cardio tomorrow. :blushing:

Michelle, I like the idea of a 'technology free day'. Sometimes I think my husband has grown a laptop. In fact, when we were visiting my mom last January, she asked if it was permanently attached! :noway: There is so much more to life than what lies in front of a TV or computer screen. Sounds like you are ready for summer!! We have had rain here the past few days (and snow on the hills right behind the house yesterday!) so summer still seems a bit far off right now. But we are supposed to warm up next week!

Tami, I'm glad to hear you are settling into the X2 workouts to some degree. I know it took me awhile to adjust. Yes, there is more strength training in Phase 2 of the program. I modified Phase 2 alot when I did the program, though, to incorporate the bonus workouts AND focus more on the upper body. I didn't like the one leg workout (Back and Base) in that stage of the program, so I did my own leg work. I'm going to try to do Back and Base again tomorrow (for only the second time!) to see if I have a different response.

Well, like I said, this is the end of my 'calm' period for awhile. I will be hit and miss checking in over the next few weeks. I'll try to check in whenever I get a chance! I'll be thinking about you all!! Stay strong!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

Today was a loooong day at work! :grumble: I have one rep I work with that also has a side business, and I feel that is taking up his time, so he's never in the office to talk with about what needs to be done, prepared, scheduled, etc. He's a super nice guy, but I'm going to have a heart to heart with him about how important it is to be present at the office sometimes! Things are getting busy as we're getting lots of new accounts, so I'm trying to adjust to the sudden surge in extra work. It will all level off soon, but the timing of it has been a little tough (death of dog, hubby working lots of hours, excitement of a new puppy, etc). But, it will all be better soon!

Workouts have been a mix of Cathe, and my own stuff...last night was a dance/hiit/weight workout with the whole fam! We got a little crazy and blew out the pilot light in our water heater (didn't know until this morning) so a cold shower this morning. I guess that's what happens when your workout area is shared with the utilities!

Laurel--I am so glad you have enjoyed your longer workouts and the extra challenge, but I bet it felt good to take it down a notch today! :bigsmile:

Tami--Class sounds like it was tough...wow! :tongue: Great weather you are having, we're headed into the 80's next week...it will be nice!

Michelle--I'm glad to hear you were able to get some rest and have a technology free weekend! :bigsmile: Sounds like you are all ready for a nice, relaxing weekend...I can't wait for it to begin, although I don't think I'll be getting showered with gifts on Mother's Day. This is the 2nd time I've gotten a puppy as a Mother's Day gift! :smile: I can't wait to get our little guy on the 18th. He's a miniature poodle, so bigger than our one that passed and the cockapoo we have, but not too big.

Hi Laurie!

Time to get ready for bed. I'm determined to get Lily to turn into a cuddler and sleep through the night. She has been up 1-4 times a night ever since Lexie passed. I think she's stressed and missing her sister. :ohwell:

Talk to you tomorrow!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sorry I missed you all yesterday. :ohwell: This a.m. was X2 Total Body. Definitely flowed better from last week so that was good. I still ran out of time for Ab Ripper :blushing: so hoping to do that tomorrow after Balance & Power & depending on how early I start I would like to get in something else, we’ll see. Headed to Spinning after work and then home to BBQ and hang out with DH and the pups tonight! :bigsmile: We only have a couple more days of this gorgeous weather and then clouds/wind coming followed by potential thunder storms. Means Emma will be in our closet at night hiding if that happens.

Michelle: Sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned with your family. :smile: You’ve been a busy lady getting your yard all in order, sounds gorgeous. Hopefully that cough goes away quickly! Thanks for the encouragement with X2, I appreciate it. :wink: I’m sure that is Tony’s plan in building upon the core and then more strength will be added into the program. I need to have more patience I suppose:laugh: .

Laurel: Way to take full advantage of your workout time! :bigsmile: Nice job again and I’m sure it felt amazing. I’ll be anxious to hear what your “taking it easy” workout was today! Also, your thought s on Back & Base. Thanks again for your thoughts on X2. I need to figure out a way to incorporate other add-ons into this rotation, your suggestions are perfect, however finding the time in the early a.m.:grumble: I am going to follow your lead on substituting those bonus workouts in Phase 2 and incorporating a leg workout too in place of Back and Base – unless of course after today you have a new found love for this one and highly recommend it. So thank you again in advance! :flowerforyou:

Erika: Sounds like work is really busy right now & on top of everything else I am sure it feels a bit overwhelming forsure! Hopefully things will all simmer down soon, they seem to come in big groups don’t they? :huh: Great job keeping the workouts going through it all, I’m sure they are helping relieve some of the stress forsure.:wink:

I hope you all have a great weekend & Happy Mother’s Day to you Laurie, Erika, Michelle & Kelly!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Talk to you on Monday ~ Tami
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,

This weekend was a great one spent on the newly designed patio.:bigsmile: On Saturday the girls and I enjoyed music while enjoying the great weather and then family breakfast on Sunday morning with hubby. We then headed to town for Ironman 3 and ice cream at Cold Stone creamery. The movie was awesome except for the 6 year old mini naps and desire to leave. :huh: Later that night hubby assembled the new grill and then charred 2.5 of the four steaks. :ohwell: Overall it was a fun silly weekend and my cards were beautiful especially the one from Mr. C with his paw print. :wink: :love: No gifts per my request but I'm happy with the new grill and beautiful flower pots I created. :blushing: Today it was low impact with Windsor Pilates for Lower Body and Cardio Abs.

Laurel- Glad to hear the weather is approaching normal and hopefully you will enjoy some of it during the upcoming crazy weeks.

Tami- Glad to see that X2 is starting to get better and hopefully will provide the strength training soon since you are obviously missing that portion of your routine. :laugh:

Erika- It sounds like a fun family adventure minus the cold shower. :laugh: Awwh sounds like Lexie is depressed. :heart: Hopefully your Mothers Day was awesome!:bigsmile:

Laurie- Happy Belated Mother's Day!:flowerforyou:

Ok off to grab the girls.

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Nice weekend and it flew by as always. :ohwell: Sat was absolutely gorgeous weather and then yesterday trailed off to be cloudy windy as they predicted. Today pouring rain and windy, feels cold from those 80 degree temps we had for nearly a week. Workouts were good: Sat was Balance & Power, which felt so much better to me and yesterday was X2 Core which also felt better. I was so happy to get through these both the second time around and feel like I knew what I was doing vs. :huh: I followed the core workout up with S90 Tabata Inferno. I felt like a nice quick cardio after that would be perfect and it was. My hubby bought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers from Emma & Bernie yesterday …. He kind of knows that Mothers Day gives me a bit of the sads sometimes, especially the older I get I think.:blushing: I’m a step-mom but it always feel like that doesn’t really count. Especially since it was just minimal time with my step son & now he is grown and lives in Alaska. The gesture made me cry forsure because of the thoughtfulness. :blushing: Today’s workout is BootCamp …. I’m positive we won’t be running hills outside due to this crazy weather. Probably stations and indoor sprints, should be good! :wink: Plyocide tomorrow a.m. since I missed it this a.m. :yawn:

Michelle: Sounds absolutely perfect that you were able to get out on your newly designed patio with your family and the new planted pots! Lovely Im sure. :flowerforyou: Great that you had nice weather as well. Yes, as I mentioned above X2 is feeling better the 2nd time through. Yay. :drinker:

Laurel: I’m very happy to report that round 2 with these workouts have been better. :bigsmile: This week of course is #3 so it should be improving ……….just as you have told me! :wink: Thank You

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Evening, Ladies!

It was a good weekend as far as activities, but weather was yuk! Windy, cold, rainy, snowy. Sunday was ok, we were at my sis-in-laws for Mother's Day, but it was still colder than usual. It was a nice Mother's Day, and like Michelle, I requested no gifts, but got some cute cards from the boys!

Workouts have been great plus lots of walks with Lily the past few days, trying to spoil her a bit before Finnegan (our new puppy's name) arrives this Saturday. She is NOT going to be happy for the first few days! :laugh:

Tami, I'm glad to hear the X2 workouts have been going better...that's always a nice feeling! :bigsmile: What a sweet gesture by your hubby to get the flowers from your pups. That would make me cry too! I always say that my puppies are my 3rd and 4th kiddos...they hold just as much importance (and sadly the kids know that well!). I hope the weather is better for you...we're going to get really hot (95 degrees) weather tomorrow and then rain/storms most of the rest of the week.

Michelle, What a nice Mother's Day! Sounds like a nice relaxing time, and enjoying the patio, grill and flower pots! I need to take the boys to Ironman 3...I have heard so much about it!

Hi Laurie and Laurel!

Time to go snuggle my kids and pup!

Erika