Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was another goodie! I started with P90X Chest/Back and moved on to X2 Core. I really, really enjoy this combination of workouts. Really is the best of both worlds. To finish it off, I did Turbo Fire 30.....just for a little cardio. And some fun. :smile:

Michelle, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Good job with the workout! I'm also glad to hear your MIL is doing well. How wonderful that your mom was able to provide her some support. And that probably was the best thing for your husband as well because it probably gave him some time/comfort to just grieve by himself as well. I'm glad he is doing all right.

Kelly, great job with the workouts!! Let us know what you think of the new Bob Harper workouts. I really like him.

Tami, sounds like an intense class! Yikes! But how nice that she wants your input. I would definitely take that as a compliment. I will tell you....I am loving this re-visit to the X2 workouts right now. I am amazed how well they improve things like my balance and core control. I am really excited to hear what you think!!

Erika, :cry: on your photo! What precious pups! I'm glad you are doing a little better and I think taking some time to snuggle with your pup and your boys was the best idea ever. :flowerforyou:

Laurie, hope you are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ No workouts yet today! :frown: Signed up to go to the Insane Abs class and had to cxl 15 min before due to a work project. :sad: We’ll see what this evening brings. It is absolutely gorgeous out today so I may opt for taking the dogs to a new spot I found for them to run! If so, I’ll consider this my REST day I suppose.

Erika: I think the snuggles & loves for the pup and boys was the perfect plan. Makes me sad for you all to see the darling photo. I know how you are feeling and again I’m sorry. . . Hope you sleep better tonight.:flowerforyou:

Kelly: Sounds like the perfect combo with Afterburn and a nice jog in the evening! Great job. Hopefully you are able to get in something tonight if time permits. I have 3 or 4 of Bob Harper’s workouts and they are good!:bigsmile: I hope you enjoy them; he makes me laugh. Thanks for the “kudos” on the workouts, they have felt good this week and I’m excited to start into a new rotation next week. Change is always good with the workouts! :wink:

Michelle: I’m glad to hear you are feeling better this a.m., that’s great news!:drinker: I’m sure feeling better does motivate you to start up a heavier routine next week. Yahoo! Sounds like your MIL is doing well and probably good that she is back at work, staying busy. Interesting that the bump has shrunk a little bit ....... keep us posted! :wink:

Laurel: Sounds like a perfect combo of workouts today! :smile: I’m so glad to hear you are loving these workouts again. I’m ready to start even more hearing that! :drinker:

Hope you all have a great night ~ talk to you tomorrow! Loving this short week.
    Tami
  • 2BLean
    Options
    :bigsmile: Getting in my workout & dog walk afterall! DH is gone to a meeting so making use of my time :bigsmile: XTrain Tabatas and Burn Set Back!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good evening, ladies-

Today was ok...I had a few crying moments at work and home and our other pup is now getting upset that our Lexie is gone. She is trying to chew up anything that Lexie last touched...our comforter, my jacket, pj's and blankets. She is whining while she does it, so I am taking that as being upset. I can't seem to shake the horrible stomache and heartache I have as my mind replays everything over and over...esp. at night. I know this will eventually get better, but so far I am struggling more than the rest of the fam. I hope life goes back to normal soon.

Lack of sleep is catching up, so no workout again tonight...maybe tomorrow.

Tami-I am glad that your evening allowed for a good workout and a walk with the pups!

Laurel-Nice work on the workouts! Good combo!

Kelly-Great work on fitting workouts into your busy schedule! I hope the soccer weekend goes well!

Hi Laurie!

Time for bed..I am off tomorrow, so I may not be on here. Have a nice weekend!

Erika

Michelle-I am glad you are feeling better and got in a nice workout!
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was P90X Shoulders and Arms followed by the Extreme Cardio premix of XTrain All Out Low Impact HiiT (and the abs from High Reps). Good workout to end the week.

Erika, my heart is breaking for you....it really is. I hope you get a chance to just sit back and enjoy your family this weekend.

Tami, I'm glad you got a workout in! What a bonus that must have felt like. We are finally enjoying some nice weather here too! Hope to get some sunshine this weekend. My Vitamin D levels need it! :tongue:

Laurie, Michelle and Kelly, hope you are well!

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies ~ :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Spinning after work tonight! Hoping to get in a workout and Spin tomorrow and start up X2 on Sunday. Volleyball Tourney on Sunday as well. :wink:

Erika: I am so sorry and like Laurel, my heart is so broken :brokenheart: for you because I know how you feel & it is such an intense sadness. :sad: I know your little Lexie is missing her pal as well. When we lost our lab my sweet Emma buried all of her toys while we were gone to the vet with the other dog and did a lot of wandering and whining. They do go through grieving forsure, I believe that. The pain does go away, it just takes some time forsure and I know night time is the very hardest. Hopefully this weekend you can have some good family time and stay busy. Big HUGS for you.:flowerforyou:

Laurel: Another nice combo today! :bigsmile: Yahoo. It did feel like a bonus getting in that workout last night. I was very happy about that. Getting my calendar all ready to start X2! :smile:

Hope you all have a great weekend ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I was having some problems getting on the site last week. I kept getting the site is down message. I could put some things in, but I was unable to get to the forums or add exercises. I am keeping up with the workouts in JMBR, and this morning was Workout 1. This is the 2nd week, so will be moving onto different workouts next week. The only workout that stays the same is the cardio. Really do enjoy that one a lot. :wink: Really busy working in the yard this weekend (finally has some great weather!). Got some brush removed, and rocks repositioned. Some of those rocks needed the assistance of DH! :noway: I was nicely sore on Sunday, but got out in that yard again to prep an area of grass that died from the heat last year. I'm having to do a lot of the work, because DH has had this persistant cough, and any type of stimulation brings on this nasty coughing fit. He is going to call the dr again, he needs to find some relief from this. :wink:

I'm finally starting to feel like myself again, it sure has taken some time. :blushing: I'm really glad that I didn't push it to hard, otherwise I probably would have set myself up for a really bad illness.

Tami, Hope you had a great time at the vb tourney! Glad to hear that you are getting some nice weather, it just seems like it has been a very long winter. Maybe because Easter was so early this year. :wink:

Laurel, Wow what a great workout combo! I was outside starting at 9am in the morning, and didn't get back in the house until afternoon. :drinker: I was very happy to get some of that vitamin D in my body, maybe that is some of the reason why I am feeling more like myself also. :laugh:

Erika, Big HUGS to you and your family for what you all are having to go through. It is very hard. :cry: It amazes me how in tune dogs can get to their humans and other pals. :wink:

Michelle, Glad to hear that the lump has gone down. Also glad to hear that you are feeling better also. One is not motivated to do much of anything when we are not feeling up to par.

Thanks,
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

These 12 hr days are adding up physically and my BP dropped low last night due to skipped meals, cooking several meals to last for a few days and working until late last night:frown: Hubby handled everything this morning as my meds had me in a sound sleep so overall I feel better today. No workouts and probably not until next week as I'm scheduled for 12hrs until wednesday then off to the salon on thursday for hair and nails:love: I did purchase Tracy Mallet's new dvd F.I.T so hopefully it will arrive in time for next week:bigsmile: we are currently dealing with torrential downpours which led to my system shutting down last night:grumble: so I'm keeping my fingers crossed right now as it has just started again:frown:

Laurie- Glad to see that things are feeling normal again. Yes when our bodies rebel it is a scary feeling and I for one will use it as a learning tool to take care of myself better:bigsmile:

Erika- Hoping this week is starting off great for you and the family.:flowerforyou: How are the boys handling it?

Tami- Yeah to those volleyball meets and X2!:bigsmile:

Laurel- That sounds like an awesome workout:wink:

Ok off to attempt to log back into the company's system which went down 30 minutes ago:grumble: :noway:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We enjoyed a beautiful weekend here in Colorado. Finally!! The sun was shining, it was warm.....in other words, it was finally spring. We are supposed to get snow again this week, but I'll worry about that when it hits the ground. I worked out both days this weekend. Saturday was X2 Balance and Power followed by Cathe's To The Max (inspired by Tami doing it recently!). Had alot of fun with that workout again. Sunday was X2 Total Body followed by P90X Legs and Back. We also finally got some golf in yesterday, so that was a nice little activity bonus!

Today started my final week of Phase 1 of my hybrid rotation. I started with Cathe's Cardio Fire Extreme Cardio premix (:heart: ), followed it with P90X Plyometrics, and then added on the leg work from STS Total Body. Great workout!!!

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about the long days! They must be taking a toll, especially on top of everything else. Don't worry about the missed workouts and just take care of yourself!

Laurie, I'm so glad you were able to spend some time outside too!! I feel like a new person with just a little fresh air and sunshine. It seems to take about 10 years off how I feel. :laugh: Glad this rotation is working out for you, and that you are beginning to feel like yourself again. No doubt you are right that pushing yourself would have been a very bad thing.

Tami, I'm curious to hear your first impression of X2. I know my first impression wasn't great, so I'm hoping yours is very different. But, of course, mine changed and now I absolutely love the program!!

Erika, hope you are well. :flowerforyou:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I finished up my “Feb Cathe” rotation with To The Max on Saturday, :bigsmile: then had lunch with my BFF and we saw Identity Theft …. HILARIOUS! :laugh: Ran a few errands and had a shrimp stir fry with DH that evening. Yesterday I started up with P90X2 – from there went to play in my Volleyball tourn, which we thought we would probably only play a couple matches …. We ended up playing 4 and made it to the championship. :noway: :bigsmile: With only 3 of us, it was a workout! We placed 2nd but we were happy with that! So this a.m. I felt beat up when my alarm went off. Plyocide did not sound that enticing let me tell you, so going to move that forward to tomorrow a.m. Still planning on going to BootCamp after work though :wink:

Laurie: Great to hear from and so happy to hear you are starting to feel like your old self again! :drinker: That is awesome. Good job with the JMBR workouts too! Yay on the nice weather and yard work as well. :smile: Our yard is in desperate need. Bushes trimmed, etc. We are going to have our driveway re-poured. After the builder poured it incorrectly and the whole thing cracked (10 years ago) :grumble: it is so awful, we don’t have much of a choice. So with that, some of our bushes are coming out as well. It will be nice once it is all done forsure. The VB tourney was great as I mentioned above, thank you! We are done for the year now until this fall.

Michelle: I’m sorry to hear about your very long days. :frown: Poor thing, along with the other things you have had going on and your concerns you must be wiped out! Take care of yourself and sounds like you have a much deserved R&R appt with the hair and nails this week! Fun that a new workout is coming soon. Always inspiring I think.:smile:

Laurel: Another fabulous batch of workouts!!!! :flowerforyou: Great work I’m so happy I was an inspiration in the mix:wink: How fun that you were able to golf with all the snow you just had. That must have felt amazing Thank goodness you have reminded me of your first impression of X2. :noway: :indifferent: “DITTO” I had to keep telling myself ….. this is just the first workout, it’s meant to start you into the program, etc… I was wondering when the warm-up was going to end and have reminded myself of you mentioning the warm-up. I’m looking forward to tomorrow! I’m sure it will be just like you and I will LOVE the program. Tony did already make me laugh a few times.

Hello Erika & Kelly ~:flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Well, I am finally starting to feel human again, and coming out of the fog! :smile: We had a great weekend of weather, which helped lighten our somber moods. We also started looking at breeders to add another pup to the family. My hubby thinks it's too soon for him, but for me and the boys (and Lily), there is a void there that needs to be filled as best as possible. We all know no dog will replace Lexie (she was probably as close to perfect as we could have imagined), but Lily really needs another dog around. She has bad separation anxiety, plus is lonely. We are going tomorrow night to check out some new pups that a breeder near us has, that we'd bring home late May or early June.

Workouts have been consistent, which is good! :bigsmile:

Tami--Nice work on finishing up the rotation! :bigsmile: I want to see that movie, it looks really good. I bet you were ready for some extra sleep after all those VB games...wow! Great job on 2nd place! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Nice job on the workouts, and YAY on the nice weather! We were near 80 all weekend...it was so nice! :bigsmile: We too have snow predicted for later this week. We'll see if that happens or not!

Laurie--I'm so glad you are feeling back to your normal self, and able to get out in the yard and get some of the work done (and working up a nice sweat too, I'm sure)! Great job on the workout, and you were spot on with easing into it. Your body is thanking you for that! :bigsmile:

Michelle--Ugh, the exhaustion has set in. :noway: Make sure to try to get some rest when you aren't working, running around, or keeping up with the house! Good idea to push off the workouts this week to make sure you are taking care of yourself and resting too. I hope the rain lets up..that's no fun! Enjoy the Tracey Mallett DVD, I really like that one!

Hi Kelly!

Off to bed. I was on the road for 8 hours today, my body is shot!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Workout 2 of JMBR this morning! :drinker: Everyday I'm feeling better and better, but I think the allergies are starting up from my outdoor excursion. One of my eyes is puffy, and feeling something going on in my nose. :huh: Hopefully this isn't the start of a cold. :wink:

Our oldest has decided that college is not for her. She is coming home, and going to technical college in the fall. She is looking at Cosmotology, which is something that I told her to try two years ago. We will support her no matter what, but it just is to bad that she and we will be paying for two years of college. :tongue: One good thing is that some of her classes will transfer! :drinker: She may decide in the future to go back, but then she is on her own. :wink:

Michelle, Dang on the very long days! Hope that the system gets back up and running for you. I know how just a little amount of time can get you backed up. :wink: Let us know how you like those TM FIT workouts. I have some of her workouts, and really enjoyed them.

Laurel, Glad to hear that you where able to enjoy the sunshine also. :laugh: What a great combo of workouts you came up with. I remember that leg workout on Total Body being really good. The premixes on that workout are all good, will have to look at pulling that one out at some point.

Tami, Congrats on the 2nd place! :drinker: I can only imagine how you felt waking up yesterday morning. Probably how I felt on Sunday morning after my outdoor rock rolling. :laugh: WTG on finishing up the Cathe rotation, and now you are onto P90X2! Did you see the new Insanity workouts? I'm thinking of getting them, they actually look like fun. :laugh: Even at my current level it looks like I could handle them. :laugh:

Erika, I'm hoping that you find a great pup for all of you and Lily too of course. :wink: Our dog has seperation issues too that I didn't even realize she had. Apparently she cries when I go outside. I always wonder why that dog appears when I'm outside. The youngest can't stand listening to her whine, so she lets her out. :laugh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was P90X Chest/Back, followed by X2 Core, followed by the cardio from XTrain Hard Strikes. Good combo today!! This is definitely the toughest phase in my rotation as this is the one where I have the most X/X2 combo workouts. And I'll be honest.....I'm looking forward to the next phase which will be a bit more standard. I've loved these combinations, and think that if I'm being perfectly honest, it is the best way to do both programs. But, boy, I'm starting to get tired! :tongue:

Tami, I meant to warn you again about the X2 Core warm-up!!! :blushing: I remember doing it the first time and thinking I might try to kill Tony if he didn't eventually get to the workout. It took me a long time to warm up to X2, but once I figured out how to make it work for me, I came to realize the genius behind the program. So stick with it!! I eventually grew used to the warm-ups (and now prefer them to the P90X warm-ups.....without question) but it took me about three weeks. Seriously. My recommendation for this first phase, though, is to maybe add some strength training in (in addition to your cardio at the gym). That really made it more complete to me. I think that's one of the reasons I'm enjoying this hybrid so much is because, on a day like today, I get the best of both worlds. And X2 Cardio, when in combination with something like P90X Chest/Back actually ends up being a pretty challenging workout. But on its own.....it just needed something else for me to make it feel complete. But, like I said before, I really felt that way until I started seeing the benefits of the program in my balance and core strength. It was then I became a 'believer'. :wink: Let me know if you have any questions!!

Erika, I'm glad to hear you are feeling somewhat back to normal. Actually, I think having a plan for another pup but waiting a month or so before getting one is the best of both worlds. You will know the void will be filled, which will be exciting. But it also gives your DH a little time to get over the loss. I really hope that works out for you. Congrats on being consistent with the workouts!!

Laurie, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Allergies are really kicking in here as well. Like I said last year, I don't normally suffer from allergies, but, for some reason, here they kill me. Not something I'm enjoying, that's for sure. But if it means we are getting spring and leaves and stuff like that, I'll suffer a few sneezes! :laugh: I understand your daughter's decision. College isn't for everybody, and cosmetology school can be a very good venture. At least she gave college a try, and she will know what she's in for if she does ever decide to go back.

Michelle, hope you are well!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s BootCamp was great! :wink: It was a perfect combo of stations, which we did twice. We did of course have stairs to run, lines to run and more stairs but it was good. There were a couple moments of DOM’s from the vball tourney but not bad at all. If anything, it always loosens me up! :smile: This a.m. was Plyocide. I enjoyed it and felt like it went by pretty fast once I got into the workout itself. Truly the workout isn’t that long after the warm-up and then the longer stretch at the end. I will be interested as I go in doing them a 2nd time through now that I know the moves better. :wink: Tonight will be Insane-X for a little addnl plyo action.

Erika: I am so excited to hear you are going to be looking at a new pup! :bigsmile: My DH was the exact same way when we lost our last lab. He didn’t want another dog but he saw how sad Emma was and so we got one right away …. Bernie. There is a void there for everyone I think, I absolutely get it.:flowerforyou: There is never a replacement for that special one, but I think each one brings a new piece to the family. Yay! I’ll look forward to hearing about the adventure. Great that you are keeping consistent with the workouts! Great job.

Laurie: WooHoo on the improvements every day! :smile: Nice job getting in JMBR #2. Fingers crossed you don’t have a cold coming on. It’s great that you guys are supporting your DD in that decision. College is definitely not for everyone that is forsure. Pursuing something you enjoy and working towards that is so important! It’s a lesson I wish I had applied 20 yrs ago. So good on her & yay for amazing parents that are helping her! :drinker: I did see those and thought they looked great! I will be looking into those as well I’m sure when they come out! :blushing:

Laurel: OK, the warm-up is definitely NOT my favorite, sheesh! :ohwell: I did get a foam roller but I can’t really tell what everyone is doing. I guess it’s just a “free stretch” period for several minutes? I was thinking to myself, ok and now I’m going to go right into plyo moves from this relaxing stretch?:huh: But I am determined to keep at it. Tony is no dummy when it comes to fitness and putting together quality programs. I did enjoy Plyocide today :wink: I was looking ahead and thinking I am definitely going to need to add in some strength workouts. How many weeks do I do each phase? Sorry, I haven’t read through a whole bunch of the book.:blushing: Can you give me suggestions, if you remember of how you implemented them into the week? I have already moved the Recovery workout to Saturday & thought of doing a total body workout as well. Would love to hear your thoughts/ideas on how you made it work. I feel like I do have tons of questions but without doing more workouts what can I ask? :laugh: does that make sense. Definitely my #1 for right now is how to implement some weight work into the program. Thank You in advance!

Hi Kelly & Michelle ~

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • 2BLean
    Options
    How many weeks do I do each phase? Sorry, I haven’t read through a whole bunch of the book.:blushing: Can you give me suggestions, if you remember of how you implemented them into the week?

Laurel: OK, I have the rotation now :wink: I looked online shortly after this. Looks like it is 10 weeks. I think I'll follow the 6-day program where 1 day you do a "misc" workout. This can also help for add ons :bigsmile: Maybe as I get further into the program I will extend one of the phases a week as well.

Until tomorrow.... Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Cardio 1 of JMBR! I have to admit that I really do enjoy this workout. The dog actually raised her head to see why I was running back and forth (suicide drill). I really wonder what that dog is thinking sometimes. :laugh:

Laurel, It really does sound like a tough phase. Pretty amazing that you are getting through it. Everything is starting to bud right now, so I'm hoping that it is allergies. That means that it will be leaving soon. The eye is better today, but still sore. I'm wondering it something didn't bite me. It will be kind of strange having DD home all the time, DD and DH might drive each other crazy sometimes! :laugh:

Tami, I love how a workout can get those sore muscles feeling so much better. :wink: Sounds like a good Bootcamp workout. DH and I never went to college, personally I was done with school. I did manage to get an associate degree, but that was far easier than college would have been for me. :laugh: She has to do some tours of the local Beauty Schools/Colleges to make a final decision. I also told her to talk to my hair dresser. I'm sure that she would be happy to talk to her about it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Long nights and even longer days...we overslept yesterday morning, everyone but the dog who was lounging in front of the glass door:grumble: Usually he wakes me up when he peeks in on us in the wee hours. At least I'm nearly done and this morning my F.I.T dvd arrived so I'm excited to get my butt kicked with that workout.:bigsmile: My mom's group of nurses and rehab PT start the Biggest Loser competition for 60days so she asked me to be her partner..hmnnn.... I wonder if she is willing to share the cash prize?:laugh:

Erika- I'm glad to hear thoughts of a new addition, some people are unable to do it so quickly but it is hard loss on the other dog too. Hopefully you guys will find the right one soon. :wink:

Laurie- Glad to see things are improving daily. I never did try JM cardio dvd in that series. Glad to hear that it is fun considering I have had the set forever.:blushing: . Allergies have been kicking my DD butt also and I tried to keep her home from swim practice last night but she insisted, not sure how she is able to swim for 2 hours with that stuffiness. :huh:

Laurel- Glad to see you are still enjoying the rotation as tough as it sounds. :wink:

Tami- Too funny with the Tony workout, hopefully it will fall into place as time progresses. :wink:

Ok back to work.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I had a great workout today despite the fact it is snowing outside. Again. :noway: Usually snow saps my energy, but not today. I started with P90X Shoulders and Arms (a fave) and followed it with the Bonus Burn premix of Afterburn. Then I did X2 Yoga. A long workout, but on these days when I have the time, I'm taking advantage of it. Like I've said before, this kind of time is going to come to a halt here very quickly.

Michelle, love the new photo!! I hope you enjoy the new workout. I think partnering with your mom would be fun. You will probably inspire her given how fit you are.

Laurie, :laugh: at the dog watching your workout. Yeah, it would be funny to know what animals are thinking sometimes!! Glad you are enjoying these workouts. Glad your eye is feeling better. We are finally seeing buds on the trees now too (in between the snow flakes!) I know people are really suffering allergies right now. I'm actually hoping the moisture will help mine because I seem to have more of a problem when it is dry.

Tami, you ask alot of good questions!! I'll try to help. Regarding the warm-up, you had the same feeling I did......to go from a 15 minute stretching session right into impact? What was he thinking? But I have found, over time, that the warm-up really does the job, and that surprised me. In P90X, he goes right into running/jumping jacks as soon as you hit 'play' and then stretches, and, for me, the X2 warm-up is much better than that. But he certainly isn't Cathe with warm-ups, and I still prefer her method (without question). Anyhow, to answer some of your questions, I did the first phase for 5 weeks. :noway: Actually, I found the longer I did it, the more effective the workouts became. I simply didn't feel like I had mastered some of the moves well enough after three weeks to move on, and that's why I stuck with it. Like I said.....they grew on me! I did the second phase for 5 weeks as well, and the third phase for 3 week. I did the second phase for 5 weeks because I needed to work on that phase a bit since I decided to substitute out the 'standard' workouts for the bonus workouts, and it took me the first week to figure that out. I think, if you can stand it, doing the first phase for longer than three weeks is probably good. The others can be done effectively for three weeks only. But this first phase is so different from anything I was really doing, that I felt I benefited from extra time. Just a thought. But they are tough workouts to learn to love.

This is how I worked that first phase:

X2 Core--I added cardio or cardio with legs that day.

Plyocide--I added a full upper body workout on that day (PUB or CTX Upper Body or 4DS Upper Body or PS)

Recovery--I skipped. Completely. This is a 55 minute workout where you spend about 25 minutes on the foam roller. As you've noticed in the warm-up, you're kind of left to do what you want during this time. For me, while it makes my body feel good, it isn't a workout. So, on this day, I did lower body work (Butts and Guts, LBB, etc) and cardio.

X2 Total Body--I added cardio.

X2 Yoga--I added a tough, long cardio session.

X2 Balance and Power. I added a full body workout (like Muscle Max) or a circuit workout (like Drill Max) if I wanted some cardio.

So you can see, I really augmented this phase with some standard strength training (and my usual cardio). Since you do cardio in the gym, that's why I recommended maybe just adding some strength training at home. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'll try to help!! :flowerforyou:

Erika, hope you are well.

I won't be able to check in tomorrow, so I look forward to seeing you all on Friday!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s Insane-X class started out a little different. :huh: After the warm-up she had us line up on the back line and do “boards”. Which is a board wrapped in a towel and you push it, like a bear crawl across the gym. It is a tiring HOWEVER she wrapped the boards with thick tape so it kept completely sticking. At any rate, it was different forsure to be cruising along and then screech to a hault. :laugh: After that we did the regular “rounds” of Insanity. This a.m. was X2 Total Body, was supposed to do X2 Abs as well but completely ran out of time.:blushing: I spent so much time pausing to figure out what the moves were, I couldn’t believe it. Also realized I was doing each side instead of one and the other side was later in the workout.:blushing: Next time will be smoother I'm sure - good grief! :ohwell: Must have just been a day .... thank goodness Spin is tonight, I know this in my sleep.

Laurie: Sounds like you are really enjoying JMBR! :bigsmile: Which is great and with the energy back, etc. I’m sure it feels amazing. I’m laughing about your dog watching you do the suicide drills. I know whenever I’ve done those it is always in an area that I almost reach where she is laying so I get the same “look”. :laugh: I was the same way with school. I went to a Jr College for two years because I was offered a scholarship but it just wasn’t my favorite. Of course, if I had it to do over I and know what I know now I would have (like I said yesterday) picked something I enjoyed and pursued classes towards that.

Michelle: Love your new photo! :smile: That must have been on your fabulous vacation? It’s funny how everyone but the dog slept in! I know Emma has rested her nose up on the bed & given me a nudge before, as if knowing I really should be up. Sounds like a great plan with the Biggest Loser competition with your mom, that’s awesome! :drinker: You will both be able to encourage one another & share workouts, etc. Very fun. Hope you enjoyed a good butt kickin with your new DVD. :wink: Thanks for the well wishes on X2. I am hoping it falls into place as well & I have faith that it will; sometimes the “new & different” are just that. Not bad, just different.

Laurel: Yowsa lady! Another marathoner for the workout “trifecta” :noway: Nice job. :drinker: I have been so anxious to read your response today and can I say THANK YOU, Thank You, Thank You. :flowerforyou: Sheesh. The frustration I was feeling this a.m. on a few of the moves. Oy-yoy-yoy + Dreya on top of it bopping around like crazy. Your description “different from anything I was really doing” definitely came to mind today. I felt so awkward. Donkey kick burpees being #1 on the awkward moments. Plus, the reason I ran out of time, I was doing one side and then the other, not realizing we were doing the other side in the 2nd portion of the workout. I’m embarrassed to even admit it, but its true. :blushing: :frown: I kept pausing to do 12 reps or whatever on the other side, wondering how they got both sides done so fast. Thank goodness you have given me the heads up on the Recovery workout! :ohwell: I am so going with your method on that one and skipping it for Legs or something else forsure. This is so helpful, thank you again. I will get a little further into this and see as I move forward and make some modifications how long I will do phase 1. :wink: p.s. I did realize when I copied the rotation that was posted there was a week 11-13 that had printed onto another piece of paper. You probably read the “10 week” part and thought ??:noway: ?? this girl needs some help – 911!

Hello Erika & Kelly ~ :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow,
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Quick update as it is nearing bedtime for me! We went to pick out a pup last night, only we couldn't narrow it down to one, so we still have to decide within the next three weeks as we will bring him home then. Hubby has a fave and me and the boys have our fave. We will see what we end up with! Lily went with too so we could make sure she would be able to tolerate a puppy.

No workout last night, but Muscle Max legs was tonight.

Laurel, nice job in the workout combos. I must admit I got a chuckle out of your comment about more regular workouts due to getting tired, as your regular workouts are tiring for me even! You have some amazing workout stamina! We are getting snow here tonight, not a typical May day here either.

Tami, interesting Bootcamp class...the boards sound different! Nice job with the at home workouts too!

Michelle, how did you like F.I.T.? The teaming up with mom sounds fun! I bet you will be a good motivator for her!

Laurie, I like hearing the workouts continue to go well! Funny that the dog was watching you during the workout! Bummer on the college decision for your DD, but at least dhe figured it out now and not year 3! Did you get any snow?

Off to bed. Have a good night!

Erika