Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Real quick before I head out to Insane X. :wink: Last night’s BootCamp was all circuits and then 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups & 100 squats to end it. It was a nice change of pace with cardio circuits in front, weights in back. No marathon of running or even sprints! Still a good burn though. :smile:

Erika: Great to hear you had a nice weekend and a Happy Mother’s Day! Love that you received some cute cards. Nice to hear that the workouts have been great and some good walks with Lily. I bet she is loving the attention. Awwww Finnegan is a darling name! She will adjust …. There is always that period of getting to know one another.

Hello Laurie, Michelle, Laurel and Kelly! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!!!

Tonight was Cathe's Tri-Sets LB...that one kills me every time!! :bigsmile: No walk with the pup tonight as it was 100 degrees here today...much too warm for a dog that's warm all the time to begin with! :laugh:

Tami--I hope Insane X was awesome tonight, esp. following up to that BootCamp class! :bigsmile:

Hi Laurie, Laurel, Michelle and Kelly!

Time to get the kiddos to bed and have some snuggle time with Lily!

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

A good week with a new fun workout Pop Pilates and that combined with Windsor LB has left major DOMS.:bigsmile: Today I enjoyed KCM Your Best Body and that was a fun creative workout with some new combos. My inner thighs are still talking to me but hopefully that will fade by tomorrow as I plan to tackle that combo again.:bigsmile:

Erika- Yikes 100 degrees.:noway: I'm not looking forward to those type of temps this Summer but this week has been beautiful and perfect for walking.

Tami- Bootcamp 100's, your instructor is always creative which I'm sure makes for a fun class.:laugh:

Laurel & Laurie- Good Morning:flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So sorry to have been gone so long, but things are crazy here......as predicted. :ohwell: But I have been very devoted at getting my workouts in, which makes me feel better during the busy days. I am in Week 2 of the second phase of my P90X/X2 hybrid, and I am loving this phase! So is my body. It has been a long time since I have felt this strong!! This is a rotation I will definitely do again. Best Tony Horton rotation yet!

Michelle, sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day! I've heard great things about Iron Man 3. I can't wait to see it. Great job with the workouts!

Erika, I hear you on that Lower Body Tri-sets workout! In fact, I did it last Friday for the first time in months. And while I didn't have my usual killer DOMS after, my legs felt tired for three days! I don't know what it is about that workout, but it always gets to me. The weather here is pretty mixed right now, but I will take it since it is spring. At least it seems that snow is now a thing of the past........I hope! I love the new puppy's name! Just a few more days until you have a new face in the family. I bet your boys are excited.

Tami, what a sweet thing for your DH to do for Mother's Day. That was so very thoughtful of him. I am also really happy to hear that things with X2 are improving! :drinker: I hope you start seeing some benefits soon. It was only then that I really appreciated the program. Like I said above, I am definitely seeing and feeling the benefits of both programs right now....more than I did doing either individually. So last Friday I did Back and Base (or Base and Back.....I don't remember which one it is :blushing: ). Anyhow, it was fine. It is a workout consisting of one back exercise (pull-ups) followed by one plyo exercise. Last time I did the workout, I didn't have a way of doing pull-ups, and that made the workout seem too easy. Doing pull-ups helps a lot. That being said, I still think Tony takes too much time in between exercises. I think I could keep my heart rate up a bit without the long breaks. But I have no doubt Tony slowed it down to focus on the exercises more than the heart rate. But I can't say 'don't waste your time', because it isn't a bad workout. But it also means there is no weighted non-plyo leg work in phase 2 so I definitely recommend adding some leg work if you feel like you need it. Anyhow, I also did Chest, Back and Balance this weekend (one of the non-bonus phase 2 workouts) and loved it! I don't know why I didn't click with it originally, but now I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

Laurie, I hope you are doing all right!

I will try to check-in again soon!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane X last night, pretty straight forward “insanity” based class. :smile: 9 rounds of 45 seconds each format. No craziness in between either. It was good stuff though. She did add on bonus rounds with burpees, push-ups, etc at the end of each but no sprints. The BootCamp and Insanity instructors must have chatted and given us a running break this week. :laugh: This a.m. was Plyocide and tonight will be Spinning after work. :wink: DH has a dinner/meeting tonight so no need to cook dinner, I may take the pups for a walk when I get home. It’s not raining today.

Erika: LOVE that workout!:bigsmile: Great choice. Yikes on the 100 degree temps. :huh: One xtreme to the other. Kind of like our area. We had high 80’s and now we are back to our normal 60 degrees for this time of year. I knew it would be temporary. Are you supposed to continue with HOT weather?

Michelle: Definitely sounds like you have had some amazing combos going! :happy: No wonder your left with some DOMS. Yowsa. Way to work. Yes, she always thinks up something & it is usually right before class she starts writing down each station.

Laurel: Good to hear from you ~ you did warn us you would be a bit on the MIA side for a while. Great job getting in your workouts eventhough things are a bit crazy right now. I have to say I’m not surprised though, you are very dedicated and it is awesome!! :wink: Is this Tony’s rotation that is the X/X2 hybrid or something you designed? Thanks for the well wishes on X2. I am happy they are going better too. :blushing: I feel like I understand the moves. I even did the one I was telling you about with my elbow on the stability ball and raising up, side to side. I put my ball on my workout mat instead of the slick hrdwd floor, that helped! Round 3 this week ought to be great! I may do a 4th week next week of this Phase and then move on. I’m anxious to see what’s next; being impatient I suppose if I’m being honest. :ohwell: I am definitely planning on doing a leg workout, in fact going to get one in this week & I moved Yoga to Saturday. Really feel I am missing out on that leg aspect (ie: needing it mentally anyway!). Thanks for the second thoughts on Back & Base, pull-ups are definitely not one of my favorites but I do have the “Cathe bar” now so I’ve been trying them out (at least in Total Body). I will give both of these workouts a try and see.

Hi Laurie – Hope you are doing ok and things are alright?!?! :flowerforyou: Maybe you are crazy busy at work again.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was a good workout day. I started with X2 Shoulders and Arms, which I love. :heart: Then I did a mish-mash for cardio. I started with the cardio from XTrain Hard Strikes and then went right into the cardio from Kick, Punch and Crunch. Way too much fun!

Tami, sounds like a good Insanity class. Good job on mastering that elbow on ball while rolling around move (I am sure it has a better name than that!). I don't have the guts to do it with a weight still. I am just happy to not fall off the ball.:blushing: The rotation I am doing is one I made up. It seemed that all of the 'published' hybrid rotations either alternated weeks between programs or skipped many of the X2 workouts that make that program so unique (X2 Core and Balance and Power). I wanted something more blended and true to both programs, so I came up with my own. I also have the luxury of doing two workouts a day, which is needed to really blend the programs (especially during the first phase). I can understand why a more 'official' hybrid wouldn't do that. I wasn't sure whether I was mentally up to this rotation when I started, but I am so glad I pushed that aside. Now I am thinking it is over half over....and I am sad!! :noway:

Hope everybody else is well!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies...whew what a week so far! :ohwell: Tuesday night my husband ended up in the ER with a suspected concussion from hockey that night, so I had to stay up waaaay past my bedtime to make sure the hospital would release him to drive (he was about an hour from home). Then, just as I fell asleep, my youngest went into about a 1 hour coughing/hacking fit that left me up into the early am. I had a presentation for work that was being videotaped, so I bet that was fun to watch...I was clearly looking very tired (and feeling it). To top it all off, my Mom's dad was told he has 1 year to live (cancer) and my mom has gone into a major depression. I'm worried about her....:ohwell: Last night was full of hubby not feeling well (he ended up coming down with a major cold today) so he was tossing and turning, and I couldn't get my DS to stop coughing for 2 hours. Yikes! Well, hopefully tonight is uneventful...I need some sleep before this new puppy arrives and keeps me up all night! :tongue: I can usually handle just about anything, but lack of sleep I don't do well with. I simply just fall asleep at work (I've done it a few times!)

No workout last night, but tonight I managed a quick bis/tris/shoulders workout just to get something in. I'm heading off to bed early again to try to get some sleep!

Laurel--It sounds like you have had a crazy week too, but great job keeping up on the workouts! I'm so glad to hear that your body is enjoying this rotation! :bigsmile:

Tami--Nice class, I bet it is nice to have a break from the running drills for sure! Our weather has gone back down into the upper 70's, so more manageable, and then we're supposed to have rain for the next 7 days...we need it though!

Michelle--Nice work on creating the DOMS! :bigsmile: I heard about all the tornadoes down in TX, are those anywhere near where you live?

Hi Laurie!

Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow night. Lots of errands to run before Finnegan arrives on Saturday morning! :bigsmile: Have a good Friday and weekend!

Erika
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

My inner thighs are still screaming at me!:blushing: Obviously those have been ignored for quite some time. Yesterday I did a mish mosh of workouts starting with Abs, then Zumba, missed that and finished with Windsor Pilates LB and Pop Pilates Legs. We are preparing for our first swim meet along with school field trips and field days so it has been a hectic week especially with hubby's long days, so this morning after chasing the bus across the neighborhood to give my eldest her Field trip permission slip and money I went back to bed with my Ipad and enjoyed some quiet time.:bigsmile:

Erika- I did not hear about the tornadoes in Texas but hopefully it passed by our city San Antonio. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather's diagnosis. I absolutely hate to hear of timelines for those with cancer.:grumble:, my grandfather lived with colon cancer for 1 full year doing his daily rides, etc and when the doctor's told him what it was against his daughter's wishes he passed within a 3 month period so it really bothers me. This is your mom's dad which means she is a "daddy's girl" so her depression is normal.:flowerforyou: Hopefully she will get to create great memories in the following months and of course just support her as much as possible. :heart: Enjoy the new puppy!

Laurel- Glad to see you stop by and enjoying your new hybrid. :wink: Hopefully the weather is improving for some golf rounds with hubby.:bigsmile:

Tami- Glad to see the instructors taking a break on the torture. :laugh: Also happy to hear that the rotation is improving in Phase 1.

Laurie- Hopefully your busy days are not all work or meets but some fun renovating or gardening. We miss you!:flowerforyou:

Today I plan to relax as I'm taking the youngest to the Farmer's Market in the morning and having a "Mommy and Me" day.

Have a great weekend!

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday! Today I did X2s Base and Back.....and really enjoyed it. :noway: I guess it is growing on me since I thought it was horrible the first time I tried it. Anyhow, I followed it with Cathe's To The Max, and then added on the standing leg work from XTRAIN Legs.....which I also didn't care for much when doing the XTrain rotation. since then, though, I have found to be a nice little add-on just to burn the legs a bit when they are already a bit fatigued.

Erika, what a crazy week! I hope your DH and DS heal up quickly! I don't blame you for missing a workout after all of that! I hope all goes well with the new puppy this weekend!

Michelle, love the new photo!! Sorry to hear about the DOMS, but as you said, at least you know what body part you have forgotten. Sounds like you did a great blend of workouts yesterday. We are supposed to have decent weather tomorrow, so I am hoping for some golf! More than anything, I just want to be outside for awhile.

Tami and Laurie, enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Friday! :drinker: I started posting yesterday and was interrupted. Sorry I missed you all. Yesterday I did my leg workout that I have been missing in this rotation. So went with good ol STS Plyo Legs! I always love this one and felt a little DOMS today so it must have done it’s work! :wink: Today was X2 Total Body. After work I will head to Spinning. I’m really hoping it’s better than last Friday. She basically just had us ride for 45 min. Which for me becomes a little boring and doesn’t do muc h for the HR or calorie burn.:ohwell: Tomorrow my plan is to catch up my X2 rotation with Balance & Power followed by Abs and later on do X2 Yoga! DH is gone guiding a few fishing trips this weekend so I will have my workout area to myself. Hopefully the weather stays somewhat decent and I can get the kids out too. :smile:

Erika: I’m sorry to hear about your DH being in emergency.:frown: I’m sure that was a little bit scary & now a cold on top of it …. No fun. Awwwwww poor mom, I’m sorry to hear the news about your Grpa, so sad. I bet you are exhausted lady. Hopefully you were able to get good sleep last night and then this weekend too. Probably with sweet little Finnegan arriving the sleep factor will be low, but maybe not. How fun! :bigsmile: Enjoy his arrival and hope Lily and him are great pals very soon.

Michelle: Love the new photo! :happy: I need to get a new one posted one of these days. I would imagine the sprint after the bus with permission slip did not feel as good as it could with inner thigh DOMS! :laugh: :wink: Sounds like quiet time with the Ipad was much deserved. I love just sipping my coffee sometimes on weekends while browsing on my Ipad. Very relaxing.

Laurel: Sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying your rotation! :bigsmile: I imagine being able to throw in some of Cathe’s as well makes it even better! For me, just doing an STS leg workout yesterday felt great, I was able to concentrate on the physical side of it and not so much mentally. If that makes sense. Sounds amazing and the fact that you are sad that it is half over is a good sign forsure. Sounds like you hit another trifecta today! :drinker: Way to go. Hope you get the opportunity to golf with your nice weather. Yay. :smile:

Hi Laurie – Hope you are doing good:flowerforyou: Miss you.

Talk to you ladies on Monday! Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

This will be a short catch up type chat!

Hey I'm still around! :wink: Had a bad week with that cold, couldn't exercise because I was coughing way to much. But last week I worked out everyday with Jillian, and this morning was the Cardio workout.

Busy at work also. This is the first time I have been able to get on. Had our lean week last week, and I'm super glad that is finished. They really didn't know what to expect, and it was sort of funny to watch everything explode. :smile: Youngest just finished up her dance until Sept. She had her dance recital on Saturday, and of course looked beautiful in all her dances. Tonight is her Regional meet, so hope she does really well with that. She is running an open 100, 4x200 and 4x400. We have been busy with the yard work also, actually hurt my wrist yesterday. I was getting a lot of bushes/tree roots out of my rock garden. I don't know if I told you I bent my wedding ring the last time I was working in the yard. The jeweler thought a car ran over it, he asked if my finger was ok. :laugh: One small diamond fell out. :frown: I'm glad to have it back, and it's sparkly. :wink:

Just finishing up eating my lunch and then I have to get back to work. I'm very glad to be busy, and when the youngest is done with track I can start working some overtime. Hope I can catch up on my work load at that point.

Have a great day! :bigsmile:
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm doing an early check-in, as I have no idea how the evening will shape up! :ohwell: Things are going well here...we picked up Finnegan a day early and surprised the boys, and they were so excited! He's an awesome pup...right from the minute we got him in the door, he ran to the door and scratched it to signal he wanted to go out. He's not even 8 weeks old...smart boy! :bigsmile: Nighttime has been ok...he has to be able to see me when he's in his kennel or he cries non-stop (he went on for over an hour the other night!), so I have him in a little kennel on the other side of the bed (hubby is in the spare bedroom!) and he's doing good. It will only be a few more weeks before he needs to be in the big crate all the time (right now just in it during the day), so hopefully by then he is fine with being in the kennel downstairs and not in our room.

Lily absolutely hated Finnegan the 1st 2 days...she growled, and barked at him everytime he looked at her, but now they at least will be in the same area without growling and barking coming out of Lily. She has gone in to mother mode, so anytime he does anything that we don't like (chewing, biting) she yips at him. Pretty funny!

Workouts have been ok, just getting in what I can, where I can. Still a lot going on here with Grandpa, kids' sports, work and the pups, but we'll make it through.

Tami--I sure hope spin was better this time around. Nothing worse than a boring class! :grumble: I hope your weekend was nice with weather and some alone time!

Laurie--I'm glad to hear you're doing well, and that work is hopefully slowing down. Bummer on the cold..sounds like what my hubby has. The good thing, is that it's moving fast, so he's starting to feel better already. Great job on the workouts!!! :bigsmile: Wowsa on the ring...how did it get that bent and not hurt your finger???! That's what happens when we're having fun landscaping...I've been known to cut my finger pretty badly and not even notice!

Michelle--Rockin' picture, lady!!! You look great!! Nice work on burning out those inner thighs, and keeping the workout fest going with the mish mash of workouts! I hope you had some time this weekend to relax. :bigsmile:

Laurel--Nice work, as usual on the workouts. You always do a great job of add-ons that really get the body movin!

Well, time to get dinner started and see what Finnegan is up to. So far, no accidents...he sure does like to sleep too! :bigsmile:

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I’m disappointed to report that I didn’t do my “planned” workouts. :ohwell: Which was catching up with 2 of my X2 workouts and then go meet my BFF. Well, she needed to change the time so I had to quickly get ready and head out. It was a fun day with a little get together at her daughters apt & then out to lunch. :wink: Yesterday I was just not feelin the motivation to do an X2 workout :blushing: So I went with Cathe’s Total Body Tri-Sets! Just love that one and I was glad I got my workout in. Today will be BootCamp and then back to X2 tomorrow. :smile: One more week of Phase 1.

Laurie: So great to hear from you! :flowerforyou: Sorry to hear you had a bad week with a cold and the crazy busy schedule at work along with your DD's schedule it sounds with narrowing down on her events I’m sure there has been a practice of some kind every night. Fabulous job keeping up with your Jillian workouts each day ~ nice work! Hope you are able to stop in again soon.

Erika: Mr. Finnegan is so darling! :bigsmile: Oh my goodness and sounds like he is very smart already. That’s so great. Kind of funny that DH has been booted to the extra bedroom during the puppy training phase. Sounds like Miss Lily is going to help set him straight on a few things too.:laugh: Glad they are getting along, so far so good. I’m sure they will be great pals very soon. Understandably the workouts have probably gone to the backburner a bit. That’s ok, they will be there for you when things slow down a bit. Thanks for asking …. Spin was WAY better on Friday. I think she was just having a “day” the week before since she teaches spinning, goes to work and comes back for another spin class on Friday’s. Music was good too!

Hope everyone is doing good and had a nice weekend! Tami
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Last week of school here so busy with award ceremonies, field trips, gifts for teachers, etc. Yesterday it was our 6yr old ceremony and then we were excited to find out that she tested into the Gifted & Talented program with an IQ score of 140.:noway: After the excitement and meeting with the program teacher we treated her to lunch at her favorite Mexican restaurant...not so good for my calories. :blushing: The best part was Big Sis's response of a huge hug and dance. :love: If you have two girls then you completely understand as these two can sometimes drive me nuts. :grumble: Yesterday it was our morning walk combined with Windsor LB and Pop Pilates Inner Thighs.:noway: , DOMS not as bad but today's Super Sculpting II has my thighs trembling especially in the stretch segment. :blushing:

We are surprising the girls with our old neighbor/BFF of my eldest and she will be staying with us for 4 weeks, so I'm planning camps, trips and fun activities for the month. Hubby and I are excited as she is like our third child and we miss having her walk through our door daily.

Erika- I love the name Finnegan and he is too cute! Sending hugs as right now your plate is extremely full.:flowerforyou:

Tami- Sorry to hear about the missed workouts but sometimes quality times with friends and family is more important.:wink: finally bought Xtrain Bis and Tris and I was excited to do it today until I realized my ball is deflated and the pump is probably in a box. :grumble:

Laurie- Glad to see that you feel better and chuckling at the new sparkling diamond, maybe some earrings to match. :laugh: :wink: Glad to see you are still enjoying JM Body Revolution.

Laurel- Glad to see the weather is good, 90's and hot here so unlike you I'm trying to stay within the AC walls.:blushing: Our patio runs the length of the house with fans on each side but the humidity this weekend was pretty yucky well into the night. Fall is my favorite time of the year so I'm not thrilled with these high temps.:ohwell:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I am well into week 3 of Phase 2 of my X/X2 rotation....and still loving it. Today was P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and P90X Back and Biceps. That combo really kills my arms! I followed it with Ab Ripper X and then a cardio I don't do very often....Cathe's LowMax. It was just right after the tough strength training. The days will be getting progressively busier for the next 2 1/2 weeks, but I am happy how well the workouts are going right now going into it.

Erika, what a cute picture! Your puppy makes me smile, so thanks for posting pics. Too cute. Sounds like he is settling in as well as any puppy can. And good for his 'older sister' keeping him in line. I am sure they will be good friends soon.

Michelle, congrats to your youngest! And that's an unbelievable IQ! :noway: You must be proud. I really admire you for bringing their friend over for a month. What a great summer that will make for them. I am sorry to hear about the heat and humidity. We are cool here right now. We had our first of three military parades yesterday, and I thought I was going to freeze to death! It is supposed to warm up over the weekend. I have my fingers crossed for next week as that is graduation.....and I really would like for it to be warm since we will be stuck on a stage in the middle of a football stadium for five hours!

Laurie, so good to see you! Thanks for checking in. I am sorry about the cold, but it sounds like it passed relatively quickly. :noway: on the wedding ring! I'm glad you were able to get it fixed.

Tami, despite the change in your workout schedule, it sounds like you had a nice Saturday. And good for doing something you felt like doing on Sunday. I bet your body is craving strength training right about now! I don't know how much patience I would have had during those early X2 workouts if I hadn't modified. I hope you are happier with Phase 2!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was another hill running adventure (similar to a couple weeks ago) since it was surprisingly sunny out and not raining. Lots of planks, inch worms, push-ups and even leap frog on the grass in between and then she found a building for us to run stairs nearby. This a.m. was X2 Core and tonight will be Insane-X after work.

Michelle: What awesome news on the “Gifted & Talented” Award for your DD. Congrats to her hard work and brilliance! That is so great and I’m sure you are both very proud.:bigsmile: Love the big sis response. Her surprise guest will be so much fun, that is so awesome you are doing that for both of them. I’m sure you will all have a blast. Great job with the workouts. Thanks for the encouragement on the missed workouts. I told myself that over the weekend that it is sometimes just “ok” to miss even if I had it planned out. Give myself a little mental break. Congrats on XT Bis/Tris!:smile: Too bad on your ball being deflated. Maybe you could just use a chair for some of the exercise?

Laurel: So glad to hear you are loving your rotation! :bigsmile: :drinker: Yahoo. Fabulous work today. It doesn’t seem you have slowed down much even with your busier schedule, I’m sure it is feeling amazing. Thank you for saying that on the patience scale :blushing: :laugh: Craving is the perfect word, you’re exactly right! I was thinking this a.m. how did Laurel keep going in these phases for so long and then I remembered you did your modifications/add-ons Which you gave me and I appreciate so much but I realize I just don’t have time for in the a.m. unless I start my workout every day at like 4am.:ohwell: Guess I could give that a shot a couple times a week but sheesh-ola, I don’t know.:frown: Since I missed a couple last week I decided I would do this phase 1 more week and then move on.

Hello Erika, Laurie & Kelly too! Hope you are all doing well.:flowerforyou:

Talk to you tomorrow ~ Only two more days and I’m OFF for 4!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I probably won't be on here much the rest of this week, as I spent the night in the ER last night in pain, and found out I have an ovarian cyst, that I need to do follow up appts on and the pain is almost unbearable, so I am mostly confined to resting and not doing a whole lot (not to mention the pain meds make me sleepy).

Needless to say, the workouts are on hold for awhile, as my abdomen hurts so bad I can hardly get up to walk. I hope to be feeling better by the weekend so I can get back to at least walks with the family/pups.

Laurel--Week 3 already, wow that is going fast! :bigsmile: Greta work on burning out those muscles...that sounds like a tough combo!

Michelle--Last week of school already?!?! That last week is always bittersweet...tough to have it be the last, but so nice too to have a break from the crazy school schedule. That is awesome about DD being in the gifted and talented program! Proud mama over there, I'm sure. To end the week with a surprise is even better! :bigsmile:

Tami--I'm glad that your Friday class was better, that makes such a difference! Bummer on the schedule being changed up, and the motivation not being there for X2, but I think Tri-sets was a perfect replacement! :bigsmile:

Hi Laurie!

Time to retire to the couch for the evening. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

No workout yesterday, was having some pain in my wrist and the workout had push-ups in it. No way was I going to hurt it any further. This morning was way better, so I was able to workout without any problems. JMBR Workout #3 is in the bag. :laugh: I'm on my last week of the first month, it sure has taken me longer than a month. :laugh:

My youngest qualified in all three events, so she will be in the sectional meet tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that she will qualify for the state meet in at least the 4x200 and 4x400. I think that she will probably not make it in the 100m, just way to many girls that are faster than she is. :wink:

Erika, Very cute puppy! :bigsmile: So sorry to hear about the cyst, really sounds painful. Take care of yourself, just like you had advised me during my adventure. :wink: Sounds like a really busy schedule you have ther, I have my first free Friday evening this week. :bigsmile: A very very large rock rolled onto my hand, and I think that is when my ring bent. :wink:

Tami, So the countdown begins for the four days off. I only have three, but I sure am looking forward to the time off. My niece is graduating up north this weekend, and we will also spend time at my brothers cabin. If youngest does make it to state, I'm sure that she will have a practice on Monday so we will only have a couple of days up north.

Laurel, I acutally like Low Max a lot, one of those that isn't to hard on my knees. :wink: Glad to see that your workouts are working out for your upcoming busy schedule. Yes the cold did get out of my system fairly quickly, but that cough was bad.

Michelle, :drinker: on the last week of school. My oldest is finished, and just hauled all her junk into our house. :noway: Can't believe how much stuff she has, and it is spilling out into the hallway. She has promised that she is going to be working on getting her room organized today. :wink: Congrats to your dd, and of course you need to celebrate. We did that after the dance recital. I think all of us where glad that is was finished for the year. :laugh: My DH actually did say something about earrings when we where at the jewelers. Our 25th is coming up in August, so I think earrings would be really nice. :happy:

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ New Insane-X class last night. New as in a different format of drills. She said it was more off of Asylum but I think she modified things, it didn’t remind me of Asylum other than a couple of moves. Either way, it was good! :wink: Today was Plyocide and tonight will be Spinning.

Erika: I’m so sorry to hear about that. :frown: Will they be removing the cyst for you? I bet the pain alone makes you feel tired & then with pain meds on top of it. Ouch. So sorry. :flowerforyou: Hope you have some relief soon. Keep us posted when you can. Thanks for the well wishes on my workouts, etc.

Laurie: Great job getting through the workouts! :smile: You have had a lot going on, at least you have plugged a way at them when you can. That’s awesome. Glad to hear your wrist is better. Maybe it was all that yard work!? :wink: Yes, the countdown is on. Eventhough we don’t have much for plans I am so looking forward to the time away from work. I bet that is going to be an adjustment having your eldest DD home and all her stuff, etc. But I am sure it will get right back into a routine for all of you! Love it that you hubby was eyeballing some earrings. That would be very nice. :smile:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have had a couple of great workout days the past two day! Yesterday I started with XTrain Tabatacise, and then added on the circuit blast and fitness tabata from Cross Fire. Good stuff! I followed it with Legs and Glutes Extreme. :noway: I was meant to do yoga yesterday but obviously felt like something different! :ohwell: Today was X2 Shoulders and Arms followed by Cardio Fusion and the stability ball abs section from Butts and Guts. Today is my 48th birthday, and it will be my goal as long as I can do it to challenge myself with a workout on my birthday. It is something I promised myself 7 years ago today when, post shoulder injury, I could barely walk 1/4 mile on a treadmill.

Erika, I am so sorry to hear about the cyst! Please keep us posted when you can on how you are doing. :flowerforyou: Take care of yourself.

Laurie, I hope the wrist is feeling better. Good choice in skipping the workout because wrist injuries aren't anything to mess around with. I am sure having your DD home is both nice.....and challenging! Congrats to your youngest as well!

Tami, sounds like a fun Bootcamp class earlier this week! That must have been fun in the nice weather. We have rain today but it is supposed to be nice all weekend. I think you will like the next phase of X2 better. Much more standard, but it calls into play the balance and core strength developed during that first phase. I am going to be cutting my rotation a bit shorter than anticipated and move on to phase 3 next week. DH and I have decided to go see my in-laws in a few weeks and that will let me get three weeks of phase 3 in before we go. That way I am not taking a week off with only 2 weeks left as I would be doing if I pushed this phase and the next to 4 weeks.

Michelle, I hope you are well!

Laurel