Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,429 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did 30MTF Power Splits Lower Body + Lower Body Finisher. I loved the format of this workout. She did 4 sets of 3 different exercises. These where done with heavy weight, but it was timed. She then went into barre type work for the finisher. I put on my ankle weights for this section, and feel that I got a great lower body workout.

Laurel, Love all the workouts that you did. Nice that the weather was much better today than your weekend. We are suppose to get some rain/snow for the next few days. The sun was out this morning, but since I got to work it's clouding up quite a bit. My MIL keeps saying that the boys are the ones that put her in the hospital. She is sweet as pie when the doctors are around, but very nasty when DH and his brother are there. Now if either my SIL or myself where there, she would also be sweet. DH said that we have to just let this all happen the way it will. She has decided, so if something major happens, it is her choice. She has been saying "only to the guys" that she doesn't have a heart condition. I'm guessing that she will stop taking her heart meds once she is home. :/

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! I was surprised how much a UTI can affect how the brain functions. My MIL has high blood pressure, congenital heart disease and diabetic. Like I told Laurel, we just have to let her be. For DH sanity he is going to be blocking her phone after 8 PM. He doesn't need to deal with her erratic behavior, which she still has. I'm sure that she will be back in the hospital in the not to distant future. She has been in the hospital 4 times in the last 2 years. I was enjoying watching the birds yesterday. They seem to be busy gathering things for a nest.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,782 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 45 minute spin followed by XTend Barre Signature 8 and a nice long walk in the sunshine. B)

Thelma, great workouts. And thank you for the spin instructor recommendation on Open Fit. The minute you said ‘like Sam Yo’, I knew I would be trying him. :) No one can make me work so hard without making me feel like I am working so hard like Sam. I am glad to hear your hens are doing better and you may be seeing more eggs soon. That has to be encouraging. We are so fortunate in our walking options around our house. Not only do we have sidewalks in the neighborhood, but we have a ‘sister’ community a couple of miles down the road, and the builder insisted the communities be connected by a sidewalk. So we get a nice walk through the woods on a fully paved path. It is a gem for sure.

Laurie, sounds like a fantastic workout. Is this a new one? I love the sound of heavy weights followed by barre moves. I am sorry to hear you will be getting more snow soon. I won’t say we are done with below freezing weather yet, but I think the bulk of it is definitely behind us, and I couldn’t be happier. The change in my energy levels between last week and this week with some sunshine and warmer air is wonderful. And in less than two weeks, we get that hour back at the end of the day. :) Sadly, your approach with your MIL to let this all happen as it will is probably the best approach you all can take right now. I have no doubt it is hard but she is not giving your DH and BIL any option really. So sad.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were YinYasa Yoga, Pickleball and Xtend Barre Signature Workout.
    We had a beautiful day today. I think temps got into the 60's.

Laurie, I love the sounds of your 30MTF workout! Good job!

The boys should record their mother when they're alone with her so the doctors can hear the other side of her. Poor thing. It does suck to get old. I would think her uncontrolled diabetes could also play a role in her behavior. I think your DH is right about letting things happen the way they will. He is totally powerless about this situation. Are the doctors sending her back home? Good idea to block his phone after 8PM. I agree with you that she will be back in the hospital in the near future. If she wasn't taking her meds before, she's not about to start now.
    It really is fun to watch the birds. Hopefully the Wrens will build a nest in the planter outside our window so we can watch them in action this year too.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I hope you like Shaun as much as I did. I am looking forward to trying another one of his classes.
    I was right about Maggie! She laid her first blue egg on Tuesday morning. I know Red is going start any day now because I saw her going to the nesting boxes and also eating crushed oyster shells at the end of the day. The oyster shells are a source of calcium for hard shells. Amazingly they know to eat the shells at the end of the day because the eggs are formed at night.
    Wow! You do have great walking options! I suppose I could go hiking but I am afraid of bugs and snakes and it's not like DH can go with me during the day because he works. I could go to the recreation center and walk the indoor track to stay out of the sun.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Meltdown Workout 2. This is the a heavy bag workout, and I used my 1.5# egg weights.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts. I can't wait to do one of those nice long walks in the sunshine, minus the winter coat. :D I have noticed an increase in energy myself, must be because we are getting more sunlight. :D Like you I'm ready for spring, but we still have to get through the month of March. We can get a lot of our snow during this month, and usually it is heavy wet snow. Have to say that I'm having fun looking at my workouts to determine which ones I want to do for the week. ;)

Thelma, Love your workout routine, just because it includes pickleball of course. :D Oh those temps are so appealing to me right now. The diabetes can play a roll in her behavior also. I'm sure she will have herself on her OCD routine again. She will be going home on Wednesday. Yep the doctors are letting her go home, but they didn't rescind the POA. She was mad about that, because she doesn't want anyone to be able to make decisions for her. Those are her words. Personally I think she would have been much happier in the facility that DH and his brother had chosen for her. They had activities, and she would have been able to socialize. Glad to hear that you are going to have more egg production, those hens must be very happy.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Oh My Glutes, which is one of my favorite Cathe Live workouts and fit in perfectly with the theme this week. I followed it with RWH Low Impact HiiT One and XTend Barre Pilates core. And I took a super long walk. It is sunny and 71 degrees outside. I was wearing a light long sleeve shirt, and I could have been in short sleeves, no doubt. It felt so good. B)

Thelma, great workouts. I hope that Pickleball was as fun this week. Yay for a new egg! That is exciting that both of your other hens are going to start laying now. I don’t blame you for not wanting to hike alone at all. We have some hiking trails nearby, and I will do them with DH but covered in bug spray. I don’t want ticks. :#

Laurie, nice workout. I am glad you are having fun looking for workouts. I am too! I love this ‘structure with flexibility’ thing we have going on in these rotations. I feel my workouts are better for having that flexibility for sure. March is truly the start of spring here. Off the little hill we live on, trees are covered in flowers already. It is just a matter of time before they make their way up the hill. Just seeing it makes me feel young(er). :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Yoga Flow, LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body and spinning.

We had another beautiful day. I think our high temp was 69. We did have a cool breeze, so it didn't feel as warm as 69 sounds.

Our three hens are now laying! We're so happy about that!

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like a fun one!
    Pickleball is always a lot of fun. I can't believe the doctors are sending your MIL home. It is a good thing that the POA is still active. I can just imagine how upset she is about that. It does sound like that facility your DH and BIL had chosen would've been a better place than home.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Pickleball was a lot of fun. DH couldn't join us, so it was just us 3 girls. One time, I hit the ball and my paddle went with it. You should've seen me run to the paddle, squat to pick it up and jump back up to hit the ball that was coming at me! LOL. Those burpees Cathe makes us do, helped!
    I also use bug repellent all over and spray my shoes and clothes too.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Power Splits Upper Body + Egg Weight Finisher. I loved this workout. She had us do 1 exercise for each body part, 4 sets and timed. Then she followed it up with an egg weight boxing routine.

Laurel, That walk sounds awesome! Great job with your workouts also. Love the sound of those flowers. The crocuses are the first flower that we have to bloom, and the flowers may start after this weekend. We are suppose to get temps in the high 50's. It will be a perfect day for our mom / daughter day. I'm going to a brunch with my daughters on Saturday, so looking forward to it.

Thelma, Very nice workouts, and of course getting to enjoy those lovely temps. Congrats on the eggs! I received some free eggs from a guy here at work. He has so many of them that he just gave them to me. I'm sure that you will have an abundance of eggs in the near future. DH said that yesterday the doctor indicated that he was going to rescind the POA. I told him that he just has to let things happen as they may. She puts on the nice person routine when she wants to. Very frustrating.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was LITE Pyramid Pump Upper Body, a 30 minute spin and 30 minutes of core focused yoga. We are in the 70s again today with clear skies, so DH and I just got back from a nice walk. I was in a tank top, and the sun on my skin felt wonderful. :)

Thelma, great workouts. I’m sorry your DH had to miss Pickleball, but I am glad the three of you had a good time. It definitely sounds like the burpees saved you! Yay for all three hens producing eggs!! That is good news.

Laurie, that sounds like another really good workout. I love the follow up with egg weights. Bet that made the arms feel good. I hope you have a great time on Saturday with your DDs. It sounds like you will have a great day for it. If your MIL is able to be perfectly nice and lucid with doctors—enough to have them rescind a POA—then, without question, this is going to have to play out as it will. It doesn’t make it easy or less heartbreaking, though, to know she is choosing her cruel behavior. Just so sad.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts today were Gentle Yoga Flow, LIS Total Body Trisets - Lower Body Split and Gina B's Hiit walk.

We had a very warm and sunny day today. I think we hit 80! It will be warm for the next couple of days and next week looks a little rainy.

Laurie sounds like another awesome KCM workout! Good job! I hope you and your girls have a lovely brunch!
    How nice of your co-worker to share his fresh eggs with you! Pretty soon we'll be able to share some eggs with a couple of our friends. We only got one egg today. The newbies didn't lay eggs today, which is probably a good thing. I hope this break will put them into a morning laying schedule like our other hen.
    Sorry to hear your MIL's doctor may rescind the POA! Sounds like your MIL was very good at convincing her doctor that she can take good care of herself.
    Good advice to your DH though. He has to let things happen as they may.

Laurel, great workout combo!! I'm glad you had warm weather again!
    We're really happy the all the hens are laying now. DH is loving the fresh eggs.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF CardioFit W1. This one is a low impact kickboxing workout, and of course I loved it. :)

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Nice that you where able to wear a tank top for your walk. I hope that we can at least not wear our winter coats on Saturday. They are saying rain, so might have to wear some type of coat. DH said that yesterday his Mom called him in one of her nice moods, and asked if he was going to come pick her up next week to take her home. I asked him if he was slightly tempted to say no. :D He did admit that it was tempting. He also said that his uncle threw out all the food in his mom's fridge, even the things in the freezer. DH's brother put some chicken in the freezer that his mom had in the fridge, and he threw that away. :o

Thelma, Very nice workouts! Wow on the temperature, that sure is a warm one for this time of the year. I have not tried the eggs yet, but they sure do look good with all the different colors. Yes they are white and brown, but it feels like looking at Easter eggs. :D I hope that your hens start laying on a schedule. We will see how everything goes with my MIL. Have to say that it might take a lot for me to volunteer to visit her right now. ;)

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout wasn’t at all as I planned. I planned a kickboxing workout followed by barre. I ended up doing Muscle Endurance Lower Body Split followed by Party Rockin’ Step 2. And I enjoyed revisiting both. But I am curious how my legs feel tomorrow because I have put them through some stuff this week with the workouts. :) I am hoping they are good because—fingers crossed—DH and I may try to play golf tomorrow for the first time in six months. We should stay home and work on the yard since it will be sunny and 80, but there is always Sunday for that. :D

Thelma, great workouts. I am so enjoying this weather right now. Like you, our weather is supposed to turn next week back to rain and cooler temperatures. But this week has been perfect weather-wise. I hope you start getting eggs on a better schedule.

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. I can’t believe I opted for step over kickboxing this morning. :o I am glad your MIL was nice to your DH yesterday, but I don’t blame you for a second in not wanting to visit anytime soon. Sounds like it will be an expensive return to home for her if your DH’s uncle threw all her food away. :o That won’t be fun to undo.

Hope you enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a good weekend. It was busy but good. I went into deep cleaning mode. Thank God that is done!

The weather has been very nice. Rain will move in tomorrow.

My workouts on Friday were Gina B 25 steps, Gentle Yoga, Xtend Barre Pilates.
    Sunday workouts: Jessica Smith Kickboxing HIIT and ICE Metabolic Total Body.

Laurie, great workout!
    I'm glad that your MIL still has nice moments for your DH. Sorry her brother threw all her food away though.

The girls are not on the same laying schedule yet. They're still not laying every day. I hope you tried the fresh eggs! I think I'd have a hard time volunteering to go visit a MIL like yours too!

Laurel, great workouts! You worked those legs hard! I hope you were able to play golf!
    Last week was definitely beautiful. We do need the rain so I'm not complaining.

Have a wonderful week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

What a busy weekend. Saturday was beautiful as far as weather is concerned. Our temps where in the high 50's, with a cool breeze. My brunch with the girls was fun, and afterward the youngest and I did a little shopping. Sunday I did get some sewing done after a few chores where taken care of. Our weather was at it's normal temps and today it is snowing. :/

Workouts where nothing on Saturday, Kristin McGee's Power Yoga on Sunday and this morning was 30MTF Super Sculpt W1. All body parts feeling really worked with this workout. I think that this is going to be my favorite week of workouts!

Laurel, Hope that you had a great time golfing. I know that I would opt for that instead of yard work. ;) Great job on those workouts, and I'm going to guess that your legs where okay for that golfing. The one thing that my DH hates is waiting for his mom at the grocery store. He says that she takes forever. :D

Thelma, Very nice workouts! We have not tried the eggs yet, but I'm sure that we will have eggs for dinner at some point this week. That is something that DH loves. Kind of brinner? :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope the weekend was good. Ours was nice and busy. We did get to play golf on Saturday, and it felt wonderful to be back on the course despite some nasty wind. But the temperature was in the 70s so at least it was warm. Yesterday we did some much needed yard work. It was a bit physically brutal since we were laying weed block in our garden areas and mulching, but we got done what we wanted to get done…..just in time for the weather to change. This morning we got hit with a pretty intense storm and now the temperatures are dropping. Oh well. At least this weekend proved spring is just around the corner.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Build Balance and Inner Strength Core Control followed by 45 minutes of hip-focused yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a 30 minute spin, Cathe Live Cardio Leg Block Party and Cathe’s Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core workout. Today, to be honest, my body is feeling a tad tired from the weekend, so I did another 30 minute spin followed by Cathe Live Christmas Ball. This latter workout is a total body circuit workout (all strength, no cardio) that uses no weights for the lower body work. It was perfect today.

Thelma, great workouts. I really need to focus on giving the house a deep cleaning. At least for the last several weeks I have been focusing on giving a deeper cleaning to some areas of the house, but I would love to take a weekend and just do everything from top to bottom. DH isn’t so excited to spend a weekend that way. :D But I know I need his help for part of it, so, hopefully, someday I convince him.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed your time with your DDs, and also were able to get some sewing in. I am sorry about the snow returning. My sisters got some yesterday in Denver, and we were eating dinner outside in short sleeves here. :o Doesn’t seem quite right. Your MIL and my MIL should grocery shop together. I have never seen anybody contemplate the easiest of purchasing choices like my MIL. It drives my FIL insane. He won’t even go into a store with her.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Gina B 2500 Steps, YinYasa Yoga, Xtend Barre Signature.

Thankfully the rain only happened for a couple of hours on Monday afternoon. Temperatures started to drop at the end of the day and it's pretty windy. Tuesday will bring more rain but not until the afternoon according to my weather app.

Laurie, great workout!
    I'm glad you had nice weather on Saturday and that you had a great time with your DD's!

DH and I love breakfast food, so brinner is a winner for us! LOL

Laurel, great workouts and good job doing all that yard work!!

I started the deep cleaning on Wednesday and finished on Friday. I did enlist DH to help me vacuum and mop downstairs. I gave him specific instructions on how I wanted the vacuuming and mopping done. He did a good job. At least we didn't have to worry about doing that on Saturday!
    BTW, sometimes DH takes forever at the supermarket with certain things. For example, his regular loaf of bread. I don't know why he takes so long looking at the bread labels. He gets the same bread brand and flavor all the time! You would think he's buying it for the first time!

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF BoxFit Workout 1. This is a boxing workout, and one of my favorites. I did use 1# egg weights also.

Laurel, Nice that you where able to gold, but dang on the wind. I'm sure that made for some challenges with your shots. Love the workouts! You did a lot this weekend, so having a tired body is understandable. LOL about our MIL's shopping together. They do sound like two peas in a pod. :) I'm ready for spring to be around the corner, but with the temps in the teens this morning that isn't going to happen right now for us. :D The one nice thing is that it starts to warm up during the day, so hopefully the snow that we just received will be gone.

Thelma, Great workouts! Dang on the low temps and wind. Guess that spring will happen, but not quite yet. LOL about the brinner is a winner. I love that, and will have to use that when we have the eggs for dinner. I'm sure that DH will have a laugh with that one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun 60 minute spin (this is my third time with this particular class, and I love it more each time), followed by Perfect 30 Mobility Basics and Core. Both workouts felt wonderful today.

Thelma, great workouts. Our weather is exactly the same with rain expected this evening. I think they are projecting wind chills in the teens on Friday. :o I keep having to remind myself that we are still, technically, in winter! That’s funny about your DH and bread. My DH hates to shop so he is a pretty rapid shopper….as am I. Sometimes a little too rapid when we find things in our bags we bought by accident. B) Oh well. At least we are both guilty of that.

Laurie, great workout. I imagine you are ready for better weather. I was talking to my sisters last week and we are all in agreement that even though the winter weather didn’t really start until the end of December (as opposed to the usual October or November), when it did start, there was no letting up. For me, that made January and February feel very long because we usually have some nice spells in those months…but not this year. Hope you see some melting soon.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were YinYasa Yoga, Peloton Low Impact Ride, S&S PHA Training and Xtend Barre Core. I don't know what this particular instructor's class is called YinYasa. It should be called YinPlank! LOL

It was cloudy most of the day and the rain started in the mid-afternoon. Thankfully there were breaks in between so we could take care of the chickens and take Chico out for a little walk. It rained more tonight than during the afternoon. The rain should stop sometime Wednesday morning.

Laurie, great workout and a lot of fun!!
    Spring will happen one of these days! We might pull a New England, and go from winter straight into summer. LOL on the brinner is a winner!

Laurel, great workout combo!
    DH is usually a quick shopper but sometimes takes his time at the supermarket. Especially if he is shopping from a list I've given him. He will call me when in doubt. I've trained him well! LOL

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was a fun workout RAW Tabata Weight Circuit. I love when a weight workout can bring the heartrate up enough to make for a good burn. She did 5 rounds of tabata, and then ended with one round of us doing each exercise for 12 reps. I actually went heavier than Kelly. :D At the end she does mention that even though we didn't work out abs with a single exercise, you will still be working your abs. I actually can feel that they where worked.

DH's mom is going home today. She has called DH every day this week to make sure that he is picking her up to take her home. He can't stay with her long because he has a meeting. Yesterday he went to the store, so now her fridge is filled. :)

Laurel, Got to love those workouts that you want to do again and again. Great job. Yep that is the feeling that we have with the weather. It just doesn't seem to want to end. We are going to get more snow tomorrow, so it really doesn't want to give up quite yet. Overall we have not had to bad of a winter, but it just seems to be dragging. Rapid shopper is what I am also. The bad part about that is I tend to forget what I went into the store for. Even if I have a list. :D

Thelma, Awesome workouts. LOL about the YinPlank :D I take it that there where many many planks in that workout. I hope that we don't get the straight into summer. I love to work outside when the temps are not to hot. I'm ready for some green though. ;) I think that we will be having our brinner tonight.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! For today’s workout, I tried three new (to me) workouts. I started with Cathe Live Superset Circuits, which is five rounds of 2 lower body, 2 upper body, and 2 core exercises. It was a really good workout. Then I did her live workout from last week which was Slammin’ Cardio Express. And I ended it with a fun yoga cardio flow from Open Fit. Good stuff.

Thelma, great workouts. Like Laurie, I laughed at the YinPlank yoga! I bet it didn’t feel funny when you were doing it though. We got a lot of rain last night but the weather wasn’t too severe. Of course, now they are talking about getting snow on Friday night. Sigh. At least we don’t have anything outside yet that would be impacted by snow. But, hopefully, this is just another case of Alabama Weather Hypochondria. :)

Laurie, great workout. I have really grown to love strength workouts that double as cardio workouts….without all the jumping around. So good. I hope your MIL’s transition back home goes smoothly. I hope she has a Life Alert now or people other than your DH, BIL or her brother who can monitor her. I imagine your DH is feeling a bit mixed about all of this at the moment. Like I said to Thelma, they are talking about the possibility of snow on Friday here. Yep, winter just isn’t quite ready to let go yet.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel