Cathe Fans Part 5

Options
1494495496497498500»

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,815 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Body Part Back and a 20 minute spin. Kristin McGee announced a couple of days ago that she left Peloton, so I also did two 10 minute yoga sessions to ‘audition’ a new Peloton yogi. They have so many instructors now that I have no doubt I will find one or more I mesh with for my yoga. And these extra 10 minute sessions (I have done four this week) are feeling really good on my body.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad the yoga studio is back up and running, but I’m sorry about the instructor. I know how much I enjoy yoga is primarily based on how much I like the instructor. I hope there is nothing wrong with your plumbing. Our AC is fixed and ready for the hot weather. But, like you, I’m not quite sure I am ready for it. B) Our next door neighbor let us know he had a kill a rattlesnake yesterday, so now I have that to think about every time I leave the house. :o

Laurie, great workout. I am glad you got some rain. We could really use some but, like Thelma, there is none in the forecast at all right now…..just a string of 90+ temperatures as far as the eye can see. When I was struggling with plantar fasciitis, I always warmed up my feet before standing up. You reminded me of that with your description of warming up your knees. I really need to go back to that habit. I hope your daughter finds a good AC company.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking and CG Iron Day 13 - Glutes, Hamstrings, Back. I was able to hold a 22.5# dumbbell for sumo squats. I'll hold 25# next time. I also used 17.5# dumbbells for RDLs, which was great. My wrist was OK too! I'm slower on gaining strength for upper body exercises, but I'm OK with that. I did use 12.5# for chest presses. The scarier exercise for me now is the chest fly. I feel safe with 10# dumbbells, but I am scared to go heavier. I need to build a set of 11# dumbbells to be able to move up in weight.

We are bracing for the heatwave. Friday will be 89, then 90's from Saturday through Tue, 89 on Wed and back to 90 on Thursday. Our chances of rain keep disappearing.

Laurie, great workouts! I've been wanting to do a Yin class with Travis. Did you like it?
    BTW, I wasn't sure if the Iron program on the CGX app included the YT workouts. It doesn't. All 50 workouts are new. This makes it so tempting for me to pay membership so I can keep going for another 10 weeks with Iron.

I'm glad you got relief from the heat!
    How exciting about your DH realizing that he needs heavier weights!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm sorry about Kristin McGee leaving Peloton, I know how much you enjoy her classes. I'm sure you'll find another instructor, too.

DH thinks the plumber just needs to replace the rusty part. Hopefully it will be a quick fix. The pipe is exposed in our laundry room, so there's easy access to the pipe.

OMG, with the snake!! Snakes are big here in GA, but thankfully I've only seen a really tiny one and it wasn't venomous.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout this morning was with Heather Robertson, and I did a Low Impact Cardio Workout and a stretch routine. This was perfect. We will probably do our full body workout when I get home. We do have the summer hours here at work, so we can take off early on Friday's if we have all our work done. DH and his brother will be working at dd's condo today, they are digging a trench to the garage. The garage doesn't have any lights in it. :o

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Sorry to hear that Kristin is leaving, and I hope that you are able to find a new instructor that you enjoy. I do remember you having to do that warm up, it really does help and I don't mind spending a few minutes just relaxing before moving the body around. I'm very thankful that we don't have venomous snakes around our area. We do have them, but they are by the Mississippi River area. Our DD does have two garter snakes living under her back stoop.

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts, and doing so well on upping the weights. Don't blame you for be cautious on the fly's, you are doing great! I did enjoy the Travis Yin Yoga. He is very into the meditation also, and sometimes I just feel like I need to do something like that once in a while. So much going on in the world, and it can play havoc on the mind. I was wondering if the yt workouts where on there. I have been tempted to get it just to use the new Iron workouts. The beginner workouts are suppose to be good also. In those she talks, and gives pointers on form. I was wondering if we should do those, just because I think DH could use some form pointers on some exercises.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Body Part Chest and Intensity. Next week I am moving in to the Body Blast series, so another blast from the past. I am looking forward to it.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope your heat doesn’t get too bad. I think we are supposed to be in the mid-90s for the next five days at least. I had no clue we had rattlesnakes in the area. Our neighbor, who is an Alabama native, was equally as surprised by it, so, like alligators, they may be a new species that has moved in here. Yay…..except not. :|

Laurie, sounds like a nice workout. I’ve been thinking about trying to do more meditation as well. Some days my mind is in overdrive for sure. I’m surprised your DDs garage doesn’t have a light in it. That’s kind of crazy, even for the year her unit was built. I really can do without snakes in any form to be honest. One was slithering under one of our tomato planters last year, and I considered never going near them again. But I really like fresh tomatoes, so I did. But this year, with rattlers in the area, I think I would do without the tomatoes. B)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. We had a pretty good weekend. It was hot with low humidity. As always, we were busy with house and pet things. DH continued washing the pollen off the house and garage.

I finally found the pizza dough recipe I've been hoping for and DH said it tasted like restaurant quality pizza. I am learning to load my pizza onto pizza peel, but I wasn't able to. People in a pizza for beginners' group gave me a lot of advice, which I intend to try next weekend.

My workouts on Friday were Slow Flow Yoga and walking.
    Saturday - Walking.
    Sunday - Walking and CG Iron Day 14 - Unilateral Training Full Body Workout.

Another fantastic and of course, killer CG workout. In this workout CG does the dreaded renegade rows, but because it was a unilateral workout she got to rest one hand on a yoga block. I will be doing this going forward because I was able to do the rows without having to worry about hurting my hands.
    There were also the dreaded Bulgarian squats, I found myself begging her not to do another set! LOL.

We got a couple of nice showers tonight. The GA fire response map is showing fires in two counties about 30-45 minutes south of us. The drought map is showing a lot of abnormally dry counties south of us. Pretty soon we'll be included in that category, too.

Laurie, great workout! I hope you got to go home early on Friday.
    How strange that your dd's garage doesn't have any lights.

Thanks for the workout kudos. I am feeling great, and I love CG's workouts. I may repeat this Iron workout before I decide to sign up for the app. Caroline shares recipes as part of her app membership. From what I read they were really good recipes. I think it would be really good for you to do the beginners' workouts. I would do them too because you never know what you will learn, and they will definitely benefit your DH.
    Travis is definitely into meditation. I love his soothing voice.

Laurel, great workout! I am sure you will enjoy the Body Blast series, too. Did you that recently?

So far, the heat hasn't gotten too bad. Of course, I can say that because I'm not outside in the sun.
    I think people bring species to other states just to create a population of animals that don't belong in an area. I've heard that all of a sudden there are armadillos here. They are not natives to this area.

DH finally set up my Japanese beetle trap yesterday and today, there were a bunch of them in the bag. They ate one of my new Honeysuckle plants!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had a very rainy weekend, there where tornados all over the southern part of the state. We didn't have any, but it sure did rain a lot. After yesterday's rain the humidity went down to nothing, and it is beautiful out there right now. So we spent a lot of time in the house, I got some cleaning done and of course sewing.

On Saturday we did Fuel Day 4 Full Body Supersets. DH and I both agreed that this was a good one. Nothing to fast. DH was able to do a few of the modified Makers, so he is improving each workout. Back exercises he is upping his weights into my territory. :D This morning I did RAW Box a Better Waistline. I'm going to do this one again, it was fun. She used ankle weights and slow boxing moves so that you really used your waist during the punches.

Laurel, Awesome job with the workouts! Congrats on finishing up the 2.0 Body Parts. Can't wait to hear how the Body Blast series goes for you. So many options with that series, but the legs and glutes workout was one of the toughest. At least when I had done that one last. :D No way would I want to get anywhere close to a rattler, so don't blame you for being cautious around the yard.

Thelma, Sorry to hear about the humidity and fires. Great job with the workouts! Dang on the honeysuckle and beetles getting it. We have wild honeysuckle around here, and I have never seen any of those beetles on them. Sounds like some awesome pizza dough, and really sounds like a fun adventure on perfecting it. I saw the Caroline post on the BBQ recipes that she added to the app. Every day I'm tempted, and it will probably happen after we are done with Fuel. I have read the description on all of them, and non of them are like the Epic's. I don't know if DH would do one of those series, at least not right now.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty good. On Saturday we did our usual chores and errands, but also took some time for a long walk and some relaxation because DH was off again yesterday morning for another week of travel. I spent the day yesterday spring cleaning and just regular cleaning the house. It was a pretty warm weekend but a breeze both days made it pretty tolerable. But, boy, is it dry.

For workouts, on Saturday I did 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin (one more time :'( ). Yesterday I did Kick, Punch and Crunch, which I still love after all these years. And today I did Legs and Glutes followed by a 45 minute spin. I had tons of energy today so this felt pretty good….which surprised me.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you have been getting some rain. They teased we might get some last night, but it never appeared. We really need some moisture right now. I’m glad you got your Japanese Beetle bags up. We are already on our third round of them (we have four bags in the yard), and they keep filling up. Just insane this year. I am glad you found a good pizza dough recipe. Dough (and sauce, if used) make the pizza in my opinion. I haven’t done some of the Body Blast workouts (like Step Jump and Pump) in years, but I do use some of the DVDs (primarily Kick, Punch and Crunch) pretty regularly. But I don’t think I have done all six in one week since they were released (or maybe ever) so this will be an interesting week. :)

Laurie, great workouts. I really like the sound of that core workout. I thought about you when I heard about the tornadoes there. I am glad they weren’t near you, but they were horrible. I was kind of dreading Legs and Glutes this morning because sometimes I like the workout and sometimes I don’t. Thankfully I enjoyed it today. But it remains tough, especially because she doesn’t even pause for a breath between some of the exercises.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm glad you both had good weekends. My workouts on Monday were CG Iron Day 15 - Shoulders, Hot YinYasa, and Walking. The shoulder workout has fantastic.

We had a glorious day around here. The little rain we got came with a cool breeze. It wasn't humid at all, but the humid days will start on Tuesday. According to our weather guy this type of weather is what we can expect for the next few weeks. There are chances for thunderstorms on the next few days for us, so hopefully they'll give us a little rain.

Laurie, great workouts! Those Makers are brutal! There were also on the Epic I program I did last year! I am glad your DH managed to do a few of the modified version and that he is upping his weights into your territory! Have your dd's noticed the physical change in their dad?

I wish you could send us some rain. There was a fire in the county next to ours.
    It's weird that the Japanese beetles didn't eat my Redbuds or butterfly bushes. They're all in the same area.

I'm really excited about perfecting my pizza game. I got a lot of great advice from the pizza group, which I intend to try.

Your DH might surprise by being able to do the Epic workouts. I am loving the Iron series and I might repeat it. The workouts length of time is just perfect.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I am glad you took some time to relax and go for a nice walk with your DH.
    I'm sorry you didn't get any rain. Things are shaping up to be dry just like last summer. For some reason I thought you'd done this version before.

I agree with you that the dough and sauce make a pizza. I made my own sauce for the first time last week and froze the portions in little freezer bags.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited June 25
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Went to bed last night with thunderstorms and woke up to thunderstorms. It's going to be in the 90's today, and then back down into the 70's for the next few days. Wish I was able to send this rain your way, we do seem to be getting quite a bit. ;)

We did our Fuel Day 5 Full Body Cardio. She used weights in this one. We where both trying to catch our breath at points in the workout. I told DH that this cardio workout will probably be the easiest one in this series. He said that he wants to continue with Fuel, and just do what he can. I do believe that he is enjoying working out. :o This morning was RAW Stretch, and no walk because of thunder, lightening and rain. :#

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! KPC was always a fun one. The one workout in that series that I didn't bond with was Step, Jump & Pump. The full body workouts where always good. Oh that is right on the pace of L&G, it almost became a cardio workout. :D Before I went to bed they put out a statement that we should make sure our phones where charged. Apparently the storms appeared out of nowhere. June is when this state has it's most tornados, so not really surprised with the weather that we are having. Since we didn't have a ton of rain last year, this is making up for it.

Thelma, Love the workouts! Glad to hear that you had some nice weather. I had done a little of the Epic workouts when I first found Caroline, and I really noticed a difference in my body doing those. I already see things happening, and we have only been doing these workouts for a week. She sneaks in some cardio moves in each of the workouts, so that may be a factor. The girls have not mentioned anything about DH's body. I think that once his Dad stomach starts moving in the good direction, they will notice more. I notice that his lower body is improving quite a bit. He has always had that lanky body, so is someone that doesn't have that upper body strength. He tries doing regular push ups at least once during the workout though. We may move into the Epic workouts, those are a bit longer so may have to be our retirement goal. :D Of course at that point I want him to try the 2.0 workouts too.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Supersets Upper Body Blast premix, which is the upper body work doubled and is really tough. I followed it with a 30 minute spin and some yoga. My hips were screaming at me after yesterday’s workout, so the yoga was perfect.

Thelma, great workouts. Six months post surgery and you are doing a shoulder workout like that. Just so impressive. I have found the Japanese Beetles are pretty picky about which plants they will eat, which makes it all the worse on the plants they like. We have 100’s in our weather forecast. It hasn’t felt too bad these last few days because the humidity is down and there has been a breeze. But our grass is dying, and some of our other plants are suffering and from the looks of it, this is going to be the coolest part of the summer for some time. At this rate, if nothing changes, it will be worse than last year in terms of drought and that is not good.

Laurie, great workout. I love your DHs attitude about doing the cardio. It sounds like he is enjoying the challenge and the changes. That’s so wonderful. I put Step, Jump and Pump as the last workout this week because it is not one I enjoy either. I figure if I end up skipping it or doing an abbreviated premix, I will at least have given the other five workouts in the series a good look. I really wish you could send the rain our way as well, but you can keep the tornadoes. B) Actually, the flooding in some northern states right now is pretty horrible.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Yin Yoga, CG Iron Day 16 - Hamstrings and Walking.
    The hamstrings workout was all about RDLs and hip thrusts. I did the RDLs with 17.5# dbells, which is the heaviest weights I've held for a long time since before my surgery. I also wore my 10# weighted vest. I did the unilateral RDLs with a 20# dbell and 30# for the hip thrusts. I'm very happy with my progress. Upper body tomorrow. I can't wait to see if I can lift heavier than 10# for some of those moves.

We were in the high 80's in the afternoon, and it was hot but not humid. The morning was very nice. There's no rain in our future right now. The weather outlook for the next 14 days is hot and no rain.

Laurie, great workouts. I am loving reading about your DH's progress. That man in hooked on working out! Yaaay! I love that he wants to continue with Fuel.
    Have you had him try doing pushups with the resistance loops around his arms?
    I'm sure the little cardio in the workouts will speed up the physical transformation. I did like the EPIC I series. The workouts are longer though.
    Once you get him through an EPIC program, he should be ready to do STS 2.0.
    I'm sure your girls will notice the chance in him soon.

Laurel, great workouts!
    Thanks so much, Laurel. I am really happy with my progress. I continue to be very careful because I don't want to hurt myself. I am in no hurry to lift heavier. I'll get there when I get there.
    I didn't realize Japanese Beetles were picky about which plants they ate!
    I completely agree with you that this year could be worse if the weather continues the way it's been going so far. The U.S. Drought Monitor updates once a week. I wish they did it more often.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Believe it or not, but I was walking into work and it was sprinkling. :D They put rain in the forecast every day, just in case. :o After work yesterday we went to see our finance guy, he said I can retire anytime I want to. I will probably look at the end of the year, but I need to talk to HR first. :)

We where able to get in our workout after the meeting, so Fuel Day 6 Quad Focused Circuits is done. I enjoyed this one, she did a lot of unweighted moves. Sometimes it's just nice to not have weights in your hands when doing a workout. This morning I did RAW Tone It Up. Super easy, but it did get the hr up a little. The moves where focused on the core.

Laurel, Awesome job with those workouts. The Superset workout has always been a favorite of mine. That was one I was thinking of doing with DH and then I thought of Caroline. Sorry to hear that your hips are giving you that grief. My knees have been bad this year, they say part of it could be from the weather. I sure hope your area starts getting some of this rain, we went through those dry conditions for the last two years. I can't say that I would blame you for skipping the SJP workout. :)

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! So glad to hear that you are getting in some good weights, and you are feeling so strong. I have not tried the loop for him. I did see something about a pilates magic circle, so will investigate that. Someone on fb was using it, and she really enjoyed being able to do a big girl push up. May have to get one for myself. :D I'm just so glad that DH is so motivated. If he wasn't I wouldn't be doing these after work workouts. It's so hard to get a hot meal in. I have been enjoying using my air fryer a lot more. :)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Step Blast and Cathe Live Core and Basic Stretch. I had a lot of fun with that step workout today. It was a favorite of mine for a long time when it first came out and reminded me how much I enjoyed step choreography because it was fun for me. But I am not sure that I would be as good learning new step routines these days. :D

Thelma, great workouts. We are definitely warmer than you right now. Huntsville hit 100 yesterday for the first time in two years (July 5, 2022). That we are so much hotter then last year but just as dry is getting me pretty concerned right now about fire. They say we may get storms tonight, but if it is just thunder and lightening….. :# We really need the rain.

Laurie, great workouts. And great news about retirement!! That has to feel good knowing it can now become a reality. Thankfully my hip issues go away once I stretch them, but I certainly need to stretch them more often than I ever had. Good thing I love hip openers because I really don’t mind stretching like that every day.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Walking, Gentle Flow Yoga and CG Iron Day - 17 Upper Body. Another fantastic CG workout. I was able to go heavier on a lot of the moves in this workout. My upper back is feeling the workout. She had two 1 - minute sets of Arnold presses. I really like this move. She was doing them standing, but I sat down because I was arching my back while standing.
    She also had landmines. I loaded 30# on one end of my barbell and the bar itself weighs 10#. It felt great to be able to pull that weight up.

Today was hot, but not humid. We got a nice dose of rain tonight. I'm so happy about that.

Laurie, you guys are killing it with those workouts! Great job!
    Someone is using that magic circle for pushups? I have one of those.

Laurel, great workouts!

You guys are reallty hot. I hope you got some rain tonight too. It rained pretty hard here and we might get rain on Thursday too.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited June 27
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We had 50's this morning, and it was glorious after that super humid day yesterday.

Our workout yesterday was Fuel Day 7 Shoulders, Chest & Triceps Complex. This was different than any of the upper body workouts that we had done in the past. I remember these from Epic. You had 90 seconds to do two different exercises. Do each exercise for 10 reps, and keep going until the timer runs out. It's great that you can use a lighter weight and still feel the burn doing this type of workout. DH said it was a good workout, but it was tough to get through. We had those sprawls and other burpee type moves, he is getting better at them. I had to give him a fist bump after one move that he did fairly well at. ;) This morning I did a Jessica Smith YT 20 min. Abs Workout.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts, and of course enjoying that step. The retirement information hasn't really set into my brain yet. I'm sure it will as the year progresses, and I just don't feel like being here at work anymore. I have time to plan everything out, and let my boss know when I want to go. Hope your area got that much needed rain. Having to worry about fire isn't fun. Glad to hear that stretching helps those hips.

Thelma, Love that you are rocking those workouts! Arnold Presses are becoming one of my favorites also. They seem to flow much better than doing regular presses. Just google the magic circle for push ups. It really appears to help with the motion, so very tempting to get one to try it out. I think that would help DH engage his core (and for me also), to do regular push ups.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Push Pull and a 45 minute spin. We never got any rain last night, but the humidity is way up today so that spin was a soaker for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. I learned to enjoy Arnold presses during 2.0. I think having the right weight and pace is key, but with that, it feels like a much more effective exercise than regular presses. I am glad you got some rain last night. We have some chances in our forecast for next week so here is hoping we finally see some.

Laurie, great workouts. I really like the sound of that CG workout and great job by your DH with the tough moves. I imagine the idea of retirement is hard to wrap your mind around. But maybe the first or second snow storm this fall or winter will have you thinking you could be home sewing and not on the road with crazy drivers. :) I know that is what I would be thinking at least. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Walking and CG Iron Day - 18 Glute Supersets. This was a brutal workout! I was crawling on the floor after the killer hip thrusts. I put a yoga block in front of my chair so I could collapse onto the block because the floor was a little too far for me.

We got 0.3" between Wednesday night and early Thursday. The rain started again tonight at about 8pm. I thought it was going to be nothing but a passing shower because the sun was out, but at about 8:30 it started to come down pretty hard. I just looked at the GA drought map and almost the entire state is yellow, which means unusually dry. Some places are already in moderate drought. Half our county is yellow, too.

Laurie, great workouts!
    I am so happy you're going to retire soon! DH can also retire any time, but he is working on stuff he likes, so he'll stick around a little longer.
    Temps in the 50's are nice. It was a little humid here.

I agree that Arnold Presses flow better than regular presses. They feel more natural. I just googled those magic circle pushups. Good idea, but I think that ring would hurt. I'll give my magic circle a try if I can remember! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! I agree with you that Arnold Presses feel more effective than regular presses.

I'm sorry you didn't get any rain. Hopefully you got some on Thursday.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Had to have my umbrella walking into work today. We are going to be getting rain on and off this weekend. I will be picking up the grandson after work, and he will be spending the weekend with us. Mom and Dad are going to a Brewers game on Saturday. We have shutdown here at work this next week, so my days will be very slow. We also are switching out purchasing system, and that will not be up and running again until July 15th. This is something that I spend about 75% of my time on during the day. :o

After work we got in Fuel Day 8 Posterior Chain Circuits. So this was a circuit of glute/hamstrings and then a circuit of back. Both circuits where done twice. Really feeling the back this morning. My morning workout was STS 2.0 Mobility 1. Felt good!

Laurel, Of course I love the workouts! Push Pull was always a good one if you used the right weight. LOL about that snow storm, that is the one thing that I truly will not miss while going into work. I know that my DD would love for me to babysit, and if I do, it would only be a few days a week. The ideal thing would be to get a part time job at a fabric store. :D

Thelma, So remember that workout! Great job getting though it. I think that DH and I did the same as you, just laying flat out. Good idea to use the yoga block like that. I'm still using the ball and barbell, and it is working really well. I will have to increase the weight the next time we do glutes. Let me know if you try that out. I would be able to take a little pressure on the chest, if it helps with my push ups.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie