Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,616 Member
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice weekend. It was busy as usual, though.

My workouts on Friday were walking and Travis Eliot Yin.
    Saturday - walking.
    Sunday - walking and CG Fuel Day 29 - NO REPEAT Full Body.

Tomorrow is my last Fuel workout. My plans changed a little bit because we are going to have company for a few days around the 26, so I don't want to start the Iron/Fuel hybrid program until after our guest leave.
    I've decided to do Beast Mode, which is a two-week program and will follow that with Beginner Epic for the third week because these are shorter workouts.

Laurel, great workouts. Alternating between a supine pose with plank moves is hard work! I agree with you, no 30-minute core workout should be called 'express'.

It really is amazing that I've lost those few pounds without trying food wise. I do eat pretty healthy and have tried to stick to my usual daily caloric allowance.

We haven't had more hummingbirds than we usually get. I never saw more than 3 hummingbirds at-at-me, and that lasted for a couple of weeks. Now they appear to have started to migrate south. I mostly see one and it sits at the feeder for a long time, which tells me no others are around. I still have my two 4oz feeders.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,501 Member
    Morning Ladies,

We had a good time at the car show, it wasn't all that big, but the Iowa chapter did a good job. I was in charge of tabulation, but with this small of a show, I was done in a couple of hours. Overall the weather was perfect, we had low temps. That is changing this week though.

We did Epic Heat Day 7 Flaming Legs on Wednesday after work, and Thursday morning we did Epic Heat Day 8 Framework Back and Biceps. Both workouts where good ones. Back at the workouts after work.

Laurel, Great job with all those workouts! Glad to hear that you are ready for a new round of STS, I'm sure that you will have a great time with those. The hummingbirds must be getting ready to migrate, so they are getting their fill of food before they fly. :)

Thelma, Love all the workouts! I think that you will enjoy Beastmode, the four sets really do cause fatique. Both DH and I enjoyed the workouts. Well maybe not the first hiit, that one was brutal.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,868 Member
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was pretty quiet with DH away. I did do a good number of outdoor and indoor chores that I have been neglecting, so that felt good. But I also spent a bit of time reading on the deck because the weather this weekend was about as good as it gets. For workouts, on Saturday I did 75 minutes of Peloton yoga, which felt great. Yesterday was Cathe Live Low Impact HiiT with Active Recovery into Lean Legs and Abs. Today was STS Meso 1 Disc 1, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps, followed by a 30 minute low impact spin. The only thing that didn’t feel good in that STS workout were all the pushups……but I did them. I just didn’t like doing them. :D

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like a good plan to do a shorter rotation until after your house guests leave. I am surprised you haven’t had your usual hummingbirds this year. Maybe they are all in Alabama. Ours haven’t migrated quite yet, but probably will in the next week or so. I remember they depart pretty rapidly, which always makes me sad.

Laurie, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the car show. I hope I enjoy this STS rotation. I will be alternating from 1.0 to 2.0 throughout, so there will a lot of variety at least. We’ll see how my joints handle all of this heavy lifting. No doubt our hummingbirds are trying to fill their bellies. We do seem to have more females this year than we have had before, and they will at least share the feeders every now and again. But the boys…..nope.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Monday were walking, Warm Yinyasa and CG Fuel Day 30 - NO REPEAT Dumbbell HIIT. CG had braids on!!
    The Hiit workout was actually pretty good.

I took a picture of myself when I finished Iron and one today when I finished Fuel. I see subtle differences in my abs and shoulders. At least those are the things my eyes can see. My changes have been more with increased endurance, stronger legs, abs, mind and spirit. I can do those makers now!

Laurie, I'm glad things went well at car show. Great job with your workouts!!

Doing those four sets is really going to be a challenge. I'm scared of that Hiit workout now. I can just imagine that braids are involved! LOL

Laurel, great workouts! Good job getting through all those push-ups!!

It looks like we will finally get some rain from Thursday through Monday thanks to Francine. The forecast describes the precip as showers, so I don't expect much rain.

We have had our normal number of hummingbirds. Not many of them, which is why I have tiny feeders. There are people here that get lots of them. We usually see two at-a-time. You would think we're still in MA! Having flowers that attract them isn't it. I just can't figure out what else to do to attract more of them.
    I also get sad when they leave. It just feels like they've left earlier this year.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Epic Heat Day 9 Conditioned Calisthenics Full Body is done, it was a tough one. DH's core will get stronger and stronger over time, but he was having some difficulty with the body weight workouts at times. He is able to do some moves that he couldn't when we first started. ;) This morning I spent some time with Travis and he taught me how to breath, I did Morning Pranayama for Beginners.

Laurel, Great job getting all those chores done, and of course all your workouts! I don't know how many people can really claim that they enjoy push ups. :D They are tough. One of the things that I have done is lowered the weight on my lower body. That seems to help the knees, and I attempt to really do the move correctly. I still get a good workout in, and I think I feel it more in the muscle. I didn't realize that the male's where so territorial, we really don't see a lot of hummingbirds around here.

Thelma, Love the workouts! I remember that HiiT workout being a good one. I always enjoy HiiT as no repeat. ;) Oh yes there are braids in that HiiT workout. I think that DH and I both agreed that we would never volunteer to do that workout again. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a good one. I did Cathe Live Cathe 500 Cardio Core Crush, which was her 500th live class. It consisted of 500 total reps of 25 different cardio moves, followed by 500 total reps of different core moves, and was perfect for today because it was not too intense but felt like I was doing something. I followed it with 20 minutes of yin yoga, and now I am going to go mow the lawn, which will be the toughest workout of the day. :)

Thelma, great workouts. Once again, it is so wonderful how much these workouts are helping you. That is so amazing. We are supposed to get rain as well (and a high in the low 70s on Thursday!). Last I looked, we may get 1-3 inches from this storm and I really hope we do. The hummingbirds have surprised me this year. We started with our two normal feeders, and we saw a couple of birds. But DH, when we were washing windows, decided to put a third feeder in front of the house where I can see it when I am inside reading. I didn’t expect anything to come to it, but it hadn’t been up five minutes when I saw my first bird. And then we put a fourth feeder up because we were having bee issues near the house, and it attracted the bees and a couple of new birds. So birds are buzzing everywhere around our yard this year, which is so fun. But I think it may be an anomaly as well.

Laurie, sounds like a CG tough workout. Great job on your DH pushing through it. I have decided the one area I need to lighten up in when I lift is biceps. Those moves seem to have the most impact on my hands, forearms, elbows and to some degree shoulders of any move, and I love to lift heavy with them. But taking the weight down a few pounds really is better for the rest of me, so that is what I did yesterday and had a much better chest and shoulder workout because of it. Getting old…..every day a new learning experience.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, Tuesday's workouts were walking, Yin Yoga and CG Beastmode Day 1 - Leg Day.
    Doing 4 sets of each exercise is a lot. Thankfully, a lot of leg exercises where unilateral, so there were only 2 sets per leg. I wore my 10# weighted vest for this workout.

Laurie, great workouts! Those Calisthenics workouts are hard! Of course your DH's core will get stronger. Mine has gotten stronger for sure. I just takes time. I'm glad you figured out that a lower weight on leg day is better for your knees!

I think I'm OK repeating some of those Hitt workot.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope the 'outdoor' workout wasn't too bad.

Maybe I need to ad 1 or two more feeders for hummingbirds next year to see if I can attract more hummingbirds next year.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We didn't get our workout in yesterday, I had forgotten that I had a hair appointment yesterday. We will get one in tonight. This morning was Yin Yoga with Travis.

Laurel, Sounds like a really good workout even with the 500 reps. :D Glad to hear that I'm not the only one suffering with this age issue. It's not fun realizing that your body just can't do what it did when it was younger. At least I'm still able to workout, even if it is modified. Hope that lawn didn't get you to bad. Love hearing about all the birds that are around your home. It's enjoyable to hear them chirping. Have you gotten online to find out what some of the birds are besides the humming birds?

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! Sounds like you have converted all of us to the Yin Yoga. ;) Most of the HiiT workouts are not to bad, since anything high impact is modifiable. I think that the Epic workouts involve me Calisthenics, so I think that we will probably encounter more workouts like that in the future. She does incorporate more body weight moves in these Heat workout than in the other series we have done.

We will be heading up north tomorrow, so I will not be online until Monday.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, Wednesday's workouts were walking and CG Beastmode Day 2 - SHOULDERS AND ARMS.
    I really liked this uppper body workout. I'm loving Beastmode, so far and I'd like to repeat it. There were four sets of tricep pushups! This was the hardest part for me. I did two sets on my knees and modified the other two sets by doing tricep kickbacks with a hold at the top of the move.

Thanks to Francine we may finally get some showers. I still don't expect much. Our weatherman said that if it weren't for Francine we wouldn't see any rain here any time soon.

Laurie, great workouts! You two are doing amazing! It sure sounds like there will be more Calisthenics in your future! She did a lot of body weight moves in Fuel, too. Do you think you're seeing more body weight now than with Fuel?

I've been reading the feedback on the PE program, and it sounds brutal. I think PE stands for Pre-Exhaust.

I am so happy you and Laurel have converted to Yin Yoga. It is so good for you.
    I agree that Hiit workouts can be doable with modifications. I am still thinking about doing all those Epic series. I also would like to do that Unilateral week someday.

I will be thinking of you this weekend.

Hi Laurel, I hope everything is OK with you.

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I have no idea what happened to my post yesterday. I probably forgot it hit the ‘post reply’ button. Oops. Wouldn’t be the first time. Anyhow, yesterday’s workout was STS Meso 1 Disc 3/Legs and a 20 minute spin. I felt strong yesterday but thought I might have DOMS today and, boy, do I! But I always do from STS Meso 1 lower body workouts. For my workout today, I did Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing and 20 minutes of Peloton Pilates. The kickboxing seemed to help my legs loosen up a bit, thankfully.

Laurie, I hope all goes well tomorrow and I will be thinking about you.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry I missed you yesterday. I wrote yesterday that the forecast was for us to get 3-5” of rain from Francine, but it hasn’t come close to that yet…..by a mile. It is very breezy, and we are under a wind advisory until tomorrow morning, but I am questioning whether we will get much moisture right now, which is unfortunate given how dry it is. I hope you get more there, but without the wind. It has taken me a few tries with Yin yoga to come to appreciate it. I have to be in the right frame of mind, but when I am it really does feel good. I think adding it to this STS rotation will really help me recover from the workouts more. I am hoping to do yoga at least twice a week (as opposed to my current once), with a mobility or Pilates workout in a third day. If I can fit in a fourth day of something, I will but this is my goal at the start.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited September 13
    Hi ladies, Thursday's workouts were walking and CG Abs.
    Sorry for the blank post! I tried to delete it but couldn't.

We got a little rain, but nothing measurable. there's a small hill along our property and the soil was completely dry there. Hopefully Friday and Saturday will bring more rain.

Laurel, I'm glad you're OK! You probably forgot to hit the 'post reply' button. I do it way too often! LOL
    Great workouts! I'm glad the kickboxing workout helped loosen up your legs.

I'm sorry you didn't get much rain either. We were only in the 0.2-0.5" range! it really is unfortunate.

I'm sure Yin Yoga will help you recover from the STS workouts. Have you tried a Travis Eliot Yin workout? I've been doing yoga three times a week. I used to go four times, but I don't like the instructor on Wednesdays, so I don't go anymore. I didn't like Thursday's instructor either, but she quit and the owner is adding another Warm Yinyasa class on Thursdays. I love that class!
    How much cardio are going to do with this rotation?

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    edited September 13
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 15 minute spin into STS Meso 1 Disc 2/Back and Triceps. I also just spent over four hours cleaning up debris in our backyard from the storm yesterday. While the winds weren’t horrible, the trees are full of nuts making the branches heavy, and they didn’t like the wind at all. The yard was completely covered in branches, leaves and nuts. It was exhausting cleaning it up. And, unfortunately, we got little rain in return.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry you didn’t get any more rain than we did. They are still projecting rain for the weekend, but I will believe it when I see it. I haven’t tried Travis’ yoga yet, but I may since I am still trying to gel with another Peloton yoga instructor. Emphasis is on the word ‘trying’. I am doing cardio six days a week (at least I did this week) but keeping it at under 30 minutes on days I am doing strength training and under 45 minutes on days I am not. I may reduce it more as the rotation goes on, but this felt pretty good this week. I didn’t feel like the cardio was wearing me out at all, but it was just enough to get my heart rate up which is good for my brain. :)

I hope you have a good weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was busy. Our female dog Gigi developed a UTI and was peeing blood on Saturday, so we had to take her to the ER later Saturday afternoon. This threw me off my schedule, so on Sunday I had to do the things I didn't get to on Saturday. I was exhausted. Thankfully, Gigi is doing better.

My workouts have been on the lite side since lately. On Friday I did Yoga and walking.
    Saturday and Sunday - walking.

We didn't get a single drop of rain all weekend. Temps are going to be warm all week without chances of rain at all. The leaves continue to fall.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm sorry about having to clean up all that debris in your yard! That is hard work!
    I am very particular about Yin instructors. Travis is the only one online that I like. Good job keeping the cardio on the short side.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited September 16
    Morning Ladies,

Driving went well, the funeral of course was a tough one. Yesterday my Mom fell in the shower, it was a good thing that my sister was still there. Don't know if this will delay her hip surgery. She ended up with stitches in the back of her head. :'( The one and only air bnb in my hometown was really nice, and it worked out so well for us and for not having to many people at my moms.

DH and I where able to get our Epic Heat Day 10 Disciplined Dumbbell HiiT workout in on Wednesday. We haven't worked out for the last four days. I just wanted to be by myself yesterday, so was in the basement sewing. My workout this morning was Heather Robertson's Feel Good Full Body Mobility Routine.

Laurel, Awesome job with all the workouts! I think that we have all done the forgot to hit the button for our posts. ;)

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Beastmode format, it really is a change of pace. I'm thinking that DH and I will save the Advent workouts for December when it gets so busy during that timeframe. I also would like to get through all the Epic workouts. Just wish some of those workouts where not so long.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I had a quiet weekend with DH away still. Saturday was gloomy all day, so I spent it cleaning the house. Yesterday I did some more clean up of the yard. The storm last week deposited thousands of acorns on the grass, and I didn’t have it in me to pick all of them on Friday, so that was yesterday. For my workouts, on Saturday I did 45 minutes of much needed Healthy Back yoga from Peloton. Sunday was Perfect 30 Low Impact HiiT with Bonus Pyramid HiiT and Extended Stretch and another new-to-me Cathe Live core workout called Fierce and Breathless Core. Today was STS 2.0 Trisets Total Body and a 30 minute low impact spin.

Laurie, great workout this morning. I bet that felt good on your body. I am so sorry to hear about your mother’s fall. I hope she is okay. I am so glad your sister was there. Your Sunday sounds like just what you needed. I remember after my Mom’s death and funeral it took me a couple of weeks for anything to feel quite right again. I was just in a haze all the time. So listen to your body and mind and take care of yourself.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so sorry to hear about your pup. I am glad she is feeling better. We were so fortunate to get rain all night Friday into Saturday. So many of our dead patches of grass are looking better with just that. But, like you, we are in another warm, dry pattern so that won’t last long.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies. Monday's workouts were Walking, Warm Yinyasa Yoga and CG Beastmode Day 3 - HAMSTRINGS AND GLUTES. This CG workout was brutal, but in a good way. She did lots of hip and hamstring thrusts. Toward the end I just couldn't even think of putting a heavy weight on my hips, so I decided to do the hamstring thrusts on my back with my heels on a chair. I think this method was more intense than the usual hip thrusts and I didn't use weights!

I really, really like these Beastmode workouts.

Laurie, I can imagine how tough the funeral was. I'm really sorry about your mom taking such a bad fall. I hope she feels better soon. Good question about her hip surgery.
    I'm glad you like your air bnb accommodations.

Good job with that Epic workout. I think you did the right thing by spending time alone sewing. You need to allow yourself time to mourn.

I haven't even seen those Advent workouts at all. I'll have to see if I can find that playlist one of these days.
    Someone in one of the FB groups mentioned that someone put together an Iron/Fuel playlist. That was a great discovery!

Laurel, great workouts including the yardwork!

I'm so glad you got some much-needed rain! We are in trouble here. The upper third of the state is in moderate drought conditions and a few places are under severe drought conditions. The middle third part of GA is under abnormally dry conditions.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited September 17
    Morning Ladies,

We did Epic Heat Day 11 Awakened Glutes & Hamstrings. This one was a really good workout. The first 25 min. of the workout was all glute work. I decided to just lay on the floor to do these thrusts, and I think it worked very well. It reminded me of Pure Strength floor work, but she used a band and weights. This morning I did another mobility workout with Heather. I'm probably going to do Yin and mobility workouts in the mornings. Heather does have some core/mobility workouts, so that will be a bonus.

My Mom's surgery is a go, so that is happening today. Of course I'm going to be a bundle of nerves until I get word that she is okay. DH and I will be going up to help her at the end of this month.

Laurel, Love all the workouts! We also have those dang nuts falling out of our walnut tree. They are so thick this year that we can use a shovel for the ones on our sidewalk and driveway. You hit the way I'm feeling, it is a haze. I noticed that when I'm feeling like that my craft urge starts to get into a more active gear. After dinner I'm doing cross stitch while we watch tv. I really haven't been doing much of anything in the evening until this point.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! I had forgotten to answer your question on the bodyweight of Heat. I feel that there is more bodyweight exercises in these Heat workouts vs any of the other ones that we have done. If I remember correctly, the first Epic had bodyweight moves also. Makes me wonder if she does more in the Epic workouts than non Epic. The Advent series are short workouts, but from what I have read from the fb group, they are not easy. Surprisingly we are very dry in this area, even after all that rain we had. This hot dry weather we have been having has made the lawn crisp.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live Get Stepping followed by Cathe Live Core and Basic Stretch. The step workout was from 2016 and, surprisingly, one I had never done. It was a pretty easy choreographed step routine, and it was perfect for my current rotation because it got me sweaty but I felt like I could go on for hours. No doubt I will revisit it this rotation when I am looking for a shorter step routine.

Thelma, great workouts. Doing the hip thrusts with your legs on a chair sounds tough. My hip flexors would probably yell at me if it did that for too long for sure. I haven’t checked our drought situation this week yet. But this is the time of year the dryness concerns me. I remember we talked about this last year because of the leaf burning that will start soon. People just don’t quite exercise their best judgement when it comes to fire and dryness. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as last year was, even with the burn ban.

Laurie, great workouts. I love the sound of your morning plan. I am praying for your mother and hope her surgery goes well. Your stress levels have to be off the charts right now. I am glad you are finding comfort in crafts. I just wanted anything that made me feel normal but I also needed it to be peaceful. I remember DH and I playing golf the first weekend after I got back from my mom’s death and funeral, and I think I spent the entire time just walking around and looking at the trees. I am sure I hit a golf ball as well, but I just took so much comfort from the setting. So find comfort where you can.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited September 18
    Hi ladies! Tuesday's workouts were walking, Travis Eliot Yin Hamstring Stretch and Tracy Steen Cardio and Core - No Repeat.

I had serious hamstrings DOMS today from Monday's workout! Wow! I'll definitely continue to do the hamstrings thrusts with my heels on the bench. I was exhausted from that workout. It's no wonder the program calls for an active rest day the day after this workout. I had to take a nap in the afternoon. I decided to do a cardio and core workout with Tracy. It was almost like a CG Hiit workout! There were all kinds of planks and burpees involved! Guess what tomorrow's workout is. Hiit!

We got literally a few drops of rain on Tuesday morning, then a little mist in the afternoon. It was cloudy and raw the entire day. It felt like fall, and it looked like it was going to snow.

DH and I will be married 21 years on Friday. We'll be going out to dinner, but not necessarily because it's our anniversary, but because it's a Friday! LOL. We are total hermits.

Laurie, great workouts. I think your body will love the Yin and core/mobility workouts. Someone asked on FB for hip/hamstring thrust modifications and that is how I got the heels on the bench idea. They also suggested feet flat on a wall for hip thrusts.

I hope your mom's surgery went well. I've had two friends get hip replacements. One's incision was in the back and her recovery was longer. The other friend's doctor performs the surgery from the front of the body and this method has a shorter recovery period.

Caroline does love her body work!
    I am really surprised to hear that your area is also very dry! You got serious rain for a long time!

Laurel, great workouts! I can't believe you found an old step workout you'd never done before! Good job!

The hamstring thrusts with the heels on a bench is the same as doing heels on the ball. It kills just the same.

I am getting concerned about the wildfires. Thankfully there are none anywhere near here. I think it's strange that I've not gotten notifications from the forestry department about control burns.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma