Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,868 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Pure Strength Back, Biceps and Abs and my favorite 45 minute spin. Both felt great today.

Thelma, great workouts. I like the sound of your DHs plan. Pickleball is so popular, I have no doubt he could probably charge for his lessons. Our rain has been on and off both yesterday and today. But I took a long walk around the yard, and everything is really beginning to look much healthier again. But I was thinking about you when I was feeding the birds and heard some rustling in the bushes. Thankfully it wasn’t an ocelot….just my squirrels being restless for me to get their food up. :D But I probably should be a bit more cautious when I am outside than I used to be between the ocelot and rattlesnake incidents this summer.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,616 Member
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were walking and CG Fuel Day 4 - Full Body Workout - PHA Training. I have gotten much better about the renegade rows. CG had makers in her finisher. I can't do those, and I was too exhausted to try, so I deconstructed the move. There were two sets of makers so on set one I did renegades and pushups, and on set two I did shoulder presses and pushups. Close enough! LOL

Sadly, we seem to be done with the rain. We only got .1" between Tuesday and Wednesday.

Laurel, great workouts!

Sounds like you've gotten more rain than we have. There are high chances of thunderstorms in our forecast for the next seven days. Hopefully, we'll get more rain.

It's amazing how everything is looking so green and beautiful thanks to the rain.

Thank God it was just your squirrels making that noise in your yard! I would be stomping my feet on the deck and clapping loudly before I went down the stairs into the yard! LOL

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Maximum Intensity Cardio. I really didn’t know how I would handle the first 30 minutes with a lot of high impact, but I modified where I could and that allowed me to get through the entire 75 minute workout without any problem. Still not my favorite workout for sure.

Thelma, great workouts. Great idea deconstructing the maker move. No doubt what you did was every bit as constructive. We are still getting some drizzly rain even today, but we seem to be past the nice consistent rain from over the weekend. But, thankfully, the temperatures are still below average because the humidity is really high. It would be unbearable if we were 10 degrees warmer for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I felt exhausted today and woke up with a kink on my back side. I've not been able to fix my back, no matter how much I've stretched or massaged. Hopefully, things will feel better tomorrow.

We actually got some rain this morning. We got .3" of rain and we're expected to get some rain tomorrow too. It didn't feel muggy like the past few days at all.

I hope the drizzle you got was enough to get things wet.

Laurel, great workout! Good modifying! I really feel that deconstructing the maker allowed me to perform each move properly.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was an easy 20 minute spin into Maximum Intensity Strength. DH is taking next week off so I am not sure how often I will be able to check in. I am going to do another week of Oldies because I do know we hope to head out of town for a few days and I didn’t want to start another series and not complete it. And I still have plenty of Oldies to do.

Thelma, I am so sorry your back is bothering you. Hopefully some rest will take care of it. I had no sooner posted that it didn’t look like we were going to get much more rain when it started raining yesterday and rained for hours. :o Totally not predicted. Hopefully things will dry up enough so we can get the lawn mowed soon because it is growing again for sure. I was out checking on my tomatoes earlier and almost stepped on a bunny in the yard who was bunkered down in our tall grass. I don’t mind coming across a bunny unlike some other stuff that can be hiding. :)

Enjoy the weekend and I will check in when I can.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was busy as usual, but it was good.
    Last week we got .3" of rain for the entire week. We got .6" on Sunday and may get more on Monday.

My back is still messed up. I definitely pulled something, so I'm being careful.

My workouts on Friday were yoga and walking.
    Saturday - walking.
    Sunday - Walking, DUMBBELL CARDIO Workout - Giant Sets and stretching.

Laurel, I'm glad you got some rain too. We are still in moderate drought conditions.
    I'm glad you didn't step on the bunny!
    How wonderful that your DH is taking time off. I hope you have a wonderful time wherever you go!
    Fantastic workouts!

Laurie, I hope you had a great vacation.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Monday were CG Fuel Day - 6 QUAD FOCUSED Leg Workout, Walking and Hot Yoga.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,501 Member
    Morning Ladies,

We are back from Springfield, MO. It was a good trip, and we didn't have any problems with hauling the car to and from the site. Of course we where super busy, and I have a ton of things to get through this week. DH and I did manage to get some workouts done while on vacation, even through he was really busy.

Our workouts where Sunday of last week Day 24 Full Body Workout, Tuesday 20 Minute Bodyweight Leg Workout | Calisthenics Giant Sets, Wednesday 10 MIN ISOMETRIC UPPER BODY WORKOUT and yesterday we did Fuel Day 25 Dumbbell Cardio & HiiT. The rest of the week was getting ready for the judging and of course Sunday was our drive home day. I did take off work on Monday, just to have a day to myself.

I have to get going, so hope you body have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Walking, Yin Yoga and CG Fuel Day - 7 UPPER BODY COMPLEX. This was my least favorite CG workout so far. It was full of crazy pushups, but I did it.

We had a nasty thunderstorm hit the area. There were downed trees in some places. Thankfully, we didn't lose power.

Laurie, welcome back! I'm so glad you had a good trip. Good job getting those workouts in! CG came up with a travel workout series just last week! People who have the app are loving it.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Got in Fuel Day 27 Leg Day Complex, and DH said this one was a good one. This morning I did STS 2.0 Active Recovery.

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! I hear you on that push up one. We where pretty beat up after that one. I'm glad to hear that you are getting rain, but dang on the storm damage for some people. I did see that CG now has a travel workout series. I'm getting closer and closer to getting the app. I did talk to DH, and he was okay with getting it. I'm still debating between the Iron/Fuel combo or trying Epic Heat. Looking at what people have said about Heat, it sounds like it is faster than Iron as far as weight work. The cardio isn't as intense, so maybe we will try a few and see how we like it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, CG Fuel is kicking my behind. I can't believe how much longer it's taking me to recover from these workouts. The crazy pushup one has been the harders, though. I took Wednesday as an active rest day and it took me all day to recover. I did two walking sessions, a little house cleaning and baked a loaf of bread that my friend loved and requested.

Laurie, great workouts! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who ended up pretty beat up after that push up workout. After doing 7 Fuel workouts I know I don't want to do the Iron/Fuel hybrid rotation. Maybe later on but not back to back.
    Heat sounds like a great choice for your next program.
    I think you two will be happy getting the app.

The damage caused by those trees was huge in some areas.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Got in our Fuel Day 27 Shoulders, Chest & Triceps Tempo. I really enjoyed this workout a lot, only one burpee type exercise. This morning I did Travis Eliot's Morning Yin Yoga Stretch, really liked this one a lot. Will have to do this one again.

Thelma, Nice that you had an active rest day, it sounds like you enjoyed it. Sorry to hear that Fuel is kicking your behind. I did some more research on Heat, and I'm taking a second guess on that one. I kind of like the sound of Beastmode more. The weight work is for 4 sets, but it does have one HiiT day. Will have to check out one workout, just to see. The only problem with that series, the workouts are a bit longer. Or we just get the app right now. :) I'm kind of on the fence about the Iron/Fuel. We have done both series, and I want something different. I've enjoyed both series.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! DH and I are back from our little vacation. We had a great time seeing Nashville, the Corvette Museum and Mammoth Cave in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and then Churchill Downs/Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville. Lots of variety and not too much driving. But DH had an emergency project come up at work, so he had to go back today. I am just glad we had the days we did.

I didn’t workout while we were gone, though we did take some nice walks. But I stayed with Oldies this week since I knew I was going to miss a few days. So last Saturday I did Cardio Kicks. Sunday was Circuit Max. And today was Power Hour and a 20 minute spin.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you gave your body some extra recovery time. Yikes on the storm! That sounds like a very scary one. We are back to very hot and dry again here. Thankfully we had a little rain while we were gone, so all of my plants survived. I don’t think they would if I left them now.

Laurie, welcome back! I am glad you enjoyed your time in Springfield and didn’t have any transportation issues. Great workouts. Sounds like both you and DH have been working out hard since you got home.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Thursday were CG Fuel Day - 8 POSTERIOR CHAIN Circuits and walking.

It's hot here! We got a quick passing shower. We might get more of the same today. I just checked the drought map which got updated yesterday. We are still under moderate drought conditions. All the rain we got didn't even make a dent!

Laurie, great workout! I've been meaning to do a Travis Eliot Yin workout.
    Beastmode sounds good, too! I keep looking at the Epic series. I now they're longer workouts. Caroline's Hiit days are not eay

I really needed the active rest day!

Laurel, welcome back! I'm so glad you and your DH had a great mini-vacation! Sorry your DH had a work emergency, though.

Great workouts!

Last week's storm was a violent one. Some people south of us are still without power.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We did Fuel Day 28 Posterior Chain Clusters yesterday. We both really enjoyed this one, even though DH was complaining a bit during the hip thrusts. He chose to up his weight, so I think it worked. :D This morning I did another Travis Eliot workout called Gentle Yoga Flow: Relieve Back Tension & Stretch Tight Legs. Since yesterday's workout concentrated on the posterior part of the body, this session was perfect.

Laurel, Your little vacation sounds awesome. We will be heading to Bowling Green next year for our annual car show. Love those oldies that you got in :) One of the things that I really don't enjoy about vacations is getting back into the workout routine. That first workout was tough for both of us, and it was to bad it happened to be a HiiT workout. :D I don't think DH or I had as much energy as we normally would have.

Thelma, Great workouts! Funny how we coordinated those workouts. :D Our temps have been hot, but the temps have dropped with this latest rain. The weekend is going to be very nice. I'm enjoying Travis's routines, his voice and the information he gives are helpful. Of course I'm trying out most of his beginner and gentle right now. We have decided to do Beastmode, and then onto the app workouts. This morning DH said that he really enjoyed Caroline's workouts, so I think getting the app will be worth it. One person on the fb group said that she would do the youtube Iron then Beastmode followed by app Iron then Beastmode. I also read that the beginner series on the app is pretty good.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Since today was my last Oldies class, I reached for my very first Cathe workout—Power Max—today. It took me a minute to remember it since I don’t think I have done it in over a decade, but it felt good today. I followed it with the core work from Pure Strength Back, Bicep and Abs. Next week is the Low Impact Series. :)

Thelma, great workout. We were really hot here yesterday as well. But we got hit with quite a storm right after I finished my workout this morning and dumped a ton of rain. That has me pretty encouraged that we aren’t entering the same weather pattern we had in June which was all sun and hot and no rain.

Laurie, great workouts. I bet those morning yoga routines feel great. I really like Bowling Green and do recommend the Corvette museum. DH could have stayed there all day looking at the cars. Well, actually I was the one who suggested we go through it twice. :D I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a nice weekend, not too busy for a change.

We haven't had rain since early last week and next week's chances are 25%. It's been hot here.

Some of my yoga friends and I are going to a one-day yoga retreat with two of our favorite instructors next Saturday. One of them manages a yoga retreat place in the middle of the woods somewhere around here. We're all looking forward to the retreat.

My workouts on Friday were CG Fuel Day - 9 Full-on Full Body Circuits, Walking, and Yoga.
    Saturday - Walking.
    Sunday -Walking and CG Fuel Day - 10 HARD 'N HIGHER Intensity. This CG HIIT workout was fast paced, and it was full of burpees, renegade rows, squat to planks, inclined pushups, Bulgarians, shoulder and bicep presses. It was a sweatfest, and I loved it! I can't believe I loved it, but it simply means I've gotten stronger. It did take me much longer than the workout's running time because I needed longer breaks, but I finished it and felt accomplished, proud and stronger. It was a brutal workout.

Laurie, great workouts! Great workouts you two! You're almost done with Fuel! Congrats to your DH for upping his weights and for sticking to the workouts! I've been recording my weights on a Fuel spreadsheet I found, and I just took a look at the workouts for week 3 and there are no hip thrusts! Yaaay! However, there are lots of Bulgarian squats. I am using Cathe's tower for the Bulgarians and it's working beautifully.

I like Travis and find his voice soothing. He does provide helpful information. All his advanced workouts are hard. At least they were to me a long time ago. I am sure they will be more doable now, though.
    I can't wait to hear what you guys think about Beastmode. Some people were asking how to pay for the app. They couldn't find anything on the website. I guess they were using their iPhone and you get automatically charged via the apple app store. Others said the moment you select the trial, you'll get asked for a credit card, which is normal behavior.
    I've also heard great things about the beginner series on the app. It's really a true beginner's app. I didn't realize there was a Beastmode version on the app!

Laurel, great workouts! Congratulations on finishing up your oldies rotation!

Lucky you for getting a ton of rain last Friday! I read that we'd had the wettest July in years.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Very busy weekend. On Friday we went to dinner with our friends. The couple that lives in FL came up to visit, and had a retirement party to go to. On Saturday other friends asked if we wanted to go to Green Bay for the Family Night at Lambeau. We said of course, it was the first time that the two of them had gone to Lambeau. They had tickets for one of the suites, so we didn't have to pay for any refreshments or snacks. They did supply pizza, but DH and I didn't want that. On Sunday we went to visit the oldest. DH had to help with an outdoor TV rework. :) Overall a busy, hot but fun weekend.

Saturday we did Fuel Day 29 Full Body No Repeat. I seriously enjoyed this one, it probably was because of the no repeat. Just doing one set of Bulgarian Lunges is enough. :D This morning I tried out a new instructor called Burpee Girl and I did Tabata Turbo Walking Workout. This one surprised me, I was able to burn 200 calories in only 20 min.

Laurel, Great workouts! It has been ages since I did PowerMax. Have fun with the LIS series. I'm going to do a couple of the yoga workouts per week, and do some type of steady state cardio too. I'm enjoying mixing it up for my morning workouts. I'm sure that we will be getting to the museum when we are there next year. DH has a favorite year of Corvette, and he wants to see all the information they have about the sink hole that developed under the museum a few years ago. ;)

Thelma, Glad to hear you had a not so busy weekend. Awesome job with those workouts, and seeing strength gains from your workouts! I think I'm okay starting out with Travis's beginner workouts, because I remember people saying that his advanced workouts where very advanced. One thing I like with the beginner, he uses the yoga blocks a lot. Some poses I really do need that support, and sometimes you just don't realize where to put that block. :D I think the first series that Caroline put on the app was Beastmode. Everyone online was surprised, they thought it would be Iron.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! It sounds like you both enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good. We spent it on yard work, errands and some relaxation time. It was pretty hot here all weekend and things are beginning to dry up again. But at least it is August and not June, so I know we will cool down sooner than later.

For workouts, on Saturday I did LIS Slide and Glide and Yoga Max, Sunday was a 30 minute spin into LIS Afterburn. And today was LIS Upper Body Trisets followed by Low Impact Challenge, which is one of Cathe’s most difficult step workouts choreographically, but I did okay with it today which surprised me.

Thelma, great workouts. That HiiT workout sounds tough! Great job. I hope you enjoy the yoga retreat. Sounds like a good time with friends enjoying the great outdoors. That storm we had on Friday turned into a microburst just south of here that took out trees and building. :o Sounds similar to the one near your are last week. It was totally unexpected. One the buildings that collapsed was being built and, thankfully, all of the people inside were able to get into the basement before it crumpled. Scary stuff.

Laurie, sounds like a nice weekend. I hope you enjoyed your time at Lambeau. Great workouts! I am not sure I would have clicked on to a workout from somebody who calls herself ‘Burpee Girl’, because of….well….burpees. B) Not my favorite. So great job, DH has a favorite corvette year as well (67), but really fell in love with the 63 cars on display up there. My favorite was a 69 they had up there. They do have a full section on the sink hole that was really interesting.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi ladies, my workouts on Monday were CG Fuel Day - 11 LEGS CLUSTER SETS, Walking and Hot Yoga. Great leg workout. Somehow these Fuel workouts are feeling easier. The program kicked my butt the first two weeks.
    I forgot to tell you that the total body workout I did Friday had the dreaded makers in it. I surprised myself because I could do them! Caroline didn't do a pushup with this maker. It was a plank into renegade, then jump into a squat, then jump up to standing and a shoulder press.

We had a 4-minute-long passing shower. I happened to be outside when the rain started so I timed it. I could hear the rain approaching from my right side. It was moving toward our house. It's pretty cool how this happens. I had never experienced this anywhere else. DH and I stayed outside watching the rain. We could see that the shower was moving away from our house and into the valley. It had stopped raining at our house, but we could see the rain down the valley because the sun rays were filtering through around that area. Cool stuff.

Our weather guy says that he doesn't see for us in the 10-day forecast. At least it won't be as hot as it has been.

Laurie, great workouts! One more Fuel workout to go!! Three months training with CG for you. How are you guys feeling?
    That was a busy weekend! I'm glad you had fun.

I am happy about my strength gains.
    Your body is going to appreciate those yoga workouts. I think you're doing the right thing by doing the beginner's yoga workouts.

Laurel, great workouts and great job with that step workout!
    The HIIT workout was tough and a year ago, I would've done a Tracy Steen workout instead. The yoga retreat will be a lot of fun.
    How scary about that storm turning into a microburst south of your home! The same thing happened to us last year. It was unbelievable how all the trees were down just down the street from us. How awful about the building collapsing! Thank God the people were able to get into the basement before it collapsed!!!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma