Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    TGIF Ladies ~ Today’s workout was Cathe’s Circuit Blast.:wink: Lots of fun & just under an hour the time flew by. It’s been a while since I did that one. I have my year check-up from my Lasik Eye surgery so will be missing Spinning :frown: I can’t believe it’s been a year today. Planning on some Cardio tomorrow though, so that will be even better! :bigsmile:

Thelma: I’m glad that you reconsidered being hard on yourself and gave yourself some praise for what you have accomplished! :flowerforyou: I can do the same thing to myself. Plus, a loss is a loss instead of a gain! So great job. Glad to hear your PT session was good and congrats on holding the plank! Your strength is already starting to show up in just 30 days. Woo Hoo :smile: The great thing about that X10 workout is that it has so many shorter segments you can work your way up to longer & longer time frames. It’s a great DVD. The Mediterranean Quinoa will be so good! Good on ya for getting your meals planned again. :wink:

Laurel: Another great combo! :bigsmile: Way to end the week with a fabulous workout . . . love it that you “repeated” due to the fun factor as well. That’s pretty funny :laugh: Thanks for that on the missed class (you understand) . . . it is a bummer but next week’s class will be there for me, so that is good. Our snow did stop and today we finally have blue sky and sunshine . . . cold temps later so the roads will be very slick I’m sure.

Michelle: Glad to hear that it may just be “diet” that is causing these symptoms :ohwell: Hopefully that will clear it up for you. Nothing worse than feeling the tireds and not know why. Here’s hoping your weekend will be great and you’ll get some energy back very soon! :flowerforyou:

Have a great weekend ladies ~ Enjoy the BIG game if you are watching it! :bigsmile: Being in the Northwest and so close to Seattle I am rooting for them but at the same time I think it would be great for Denver too. It will be good either way.

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!! I will be able to sleep in tomorrow and Sunday! YAAY!
    Today I did Lean Legs and Abs and I didn't even burn 400 calories so I jumped on the spinning bike for 10 minutes and was able to make the 400 calorie burn! :happy: I really like the Abs segment from this workout.

I think I aggravated my carpal tunnel yesterday during PT. I feel the pressure and throbbing and actually some numbing today. I'm freaking out over this. I slept with my splint last night and will keep doing it till my hand feels better. I was glad that this Lean Legs DVD didn't really use heavy weights so I was able to do it. I should be doing GS Chest and Triceps tomorrow but I think I will do one one of the kickboxing workouts I have. I can't even do the bike because that puts pressure right where I don't need it at the heel of my hand.
    I've continued to feel very hungry and I think I should be eating more during the day. I always end up 100 + calories after dinner. Sometimes 200. I'm only eating 1200 calories a day because I set my weekly weight loss goal to 1.5 lbs and I don't think that is going to happen. I drink anywhere between 10-12 glasses or water a day so I'm not dehydrated.

Thank you all for cheering me on and motivating me during this journey!

Hi Michelle. So glad to see that you've felt better, were able to get a nice workout in and are focusing on your food.
    Take good care of yourself please!
    I bet your girls LOVED being able to sleep in today!

Laurel, you and your killer workouts! :flowerforyou: I'm amazed every day by you!
    I think we all got a kick out of you repeating a segment due to the fun factor! :laugh:
    That Power Hour workout is an old one!
    I'll have to remember that if I hit a wall I'll have to eat a little more! Thanks for mentioning that!

Hi Tami, great workout today! It looks like fun. I hope your one year check-up from your Lasik surgery went well today.
    I hear you Tami. A loss is a loss. and I have to be grateful and proud for what I've been doing to improve myself.
    I am really excited about my new found strength and stamina. I may just try the X10 DVD tomorrow!

Have a great weekend!!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We had a nice weekend here. Only watched half of the Super Bowl last night because it was such a bad game. But I have long been a Seahawks fan, especially since spending two years living in the Seattle area. So I am SO happy for them. Well deserved win!! I wish Denver had at least made it competitive, but.....they didn't. :ohwell:

Saturday was my rest day, and I enjoyed that. Yesterday I did STS Chest/Back, and, again, was able to go heavier than I have done before!! I felt like a good, long cardio after that, so I did Intensity with the cardio from All Out Low Impact added on. Today was Plyo Legs. I followed it with the Circuits and Intervals workout from Cathe's Greatest Hits DVD and then Workout 1 from Core Max. It all has felt great the last couple of days!

Michelle, I really hope the change in diet corrects your health issues. Sounds like you are making some smart changes. Keep us posted on how you are feeling! Hope the weekend weather wasn't too bad. We ended up with about five inches of snow, and everything looked so pretty....for about a day!! We are back to sunny though it is supposed to get cold starting tomorrow. I think the high on Wednesday is supposed to be 3. :noway:

Tami, I can't believe it has been a year since your eye surgery!! I hope your appointment went well and you were given the 'all clear'. Glad you had fun with Circuit Blast. Oddly enough, I was thinking about that workout this morning as I really felt like a circuit workout! I opted for a different one but, still, we are on the same wavelength. In fact, I am thinking about doing a week or two of circuit workouts before starting any new rotation after we finish STS. I kind of miss my circuit workouts right now!

Thelma, hope your wrist feels better! Yep, best to skip weights, that's for sure! I agree with you about the Abs section in Lean legs and Abs. That is a great one.

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ How about those “Hawks” :drinker: I was very happy for them, but kind of sad for Denver being beat so badly. I don’t think anyone expected that :ohwell: We had another couple that we know who live nearby come over and watch the game with us. So I did get in my workouts though . . . Saturday I did To The Max :bigsmile: and yesterday was STS Chest/Back. I was going to do a follow-up cardio and felt like I needed to get ready for company so opted not to. Today will be BootCamp after work . . . no a.m. workout today.:frown:

Thelma: Hopefully your carpal tunnel is not back and all is feeling better there.:wink: Fantastic job on the workouts!!! :flowerforyou: I saw that you did X10 on Saturday. Way to go, how did you like it? My eye appt went great. My vision is fantastic and nothing has changed! They informed me yet one more time that when I get a little older I may need “readers” (which I have learned through this process is normal for everyone) different timing for everyone and they don’t know when. In the meantime I am happy with being able to see without anything all the time right now! :smile:

Laurel: You are a STAR :drinker: :bigsmile: and once again I’m feeling like a slacker! :laugh: :laugh: (in the best way, as a compliment to you, but truly :wink: ) That’s awesome that you’re a Seahawk fan! :smile: Truly a great thing for them. Being such a young team and first time in franchise history. WOW. I know what you mean on the circuit workouts, I was thinking that as I was looking ahead and thought I would like to do a week or two of circuit type workouts prior to starting an actual rotation. I think Cathe may even have some rotations with circuit based workouts.:wink: Sounds like we are having the same weather pattern as you guys. We have had a little bit of snow each day and starting today it is supposed to get colder and colder. Wednesday down to the single digits. :huh: Brrrrr-rumba! I still like this over the gray and fog action though. Yes, my eyes are fantastic he said and now just come in once a year or so for a check-up unless anything changes.

Hi Michelle ~ Hope your weekend was good! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow,

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm glad you had a nice weekend. Today I did X10-Premix 42: Warm Up, Hi/Lo, Fat Burning Circuit, Stretch and on Saturday I did X10 Premix X41-warm up, low impact, fat burning circuit, stretch, Sunday I just jumped on the spinning bike and did some lite spinning.
    Today is the start on my 4th rotation week and I'm excited about that. On Thursday I'll get weighed and measured at the gym. I'm looking forward to that because I know I must've lost at least 1/16 of an inch somewhere! :tongue:

I'm not a football fan. In fact I don't even understand the game but I heard about the score this morning and I couldn't believe my ears! My husband watched the game but only to the half time because he knew who was going to win at that point! LOL

My Sunday afternoon was spent in the kitchen getting my lunches and snacks ready for the week. It's a pain in the neck but worth it.

Hi Laurel - You totally made up on Sunday for having taken a rest day on Saturday! :wink: Excellent work!!!
    My carpal tunnel is much better! I know when I have to wear my splint.
    You really are having cold temps! We got some snow today which made for a tough commute home. Then we're expecting 6-10 inches on Wednesday so I'll probably work from home that day. At least we're no longer having the frigid temps we were having the last two weeks.

Hi Tami - I'm so glad your eyes are doing great. I wanted to have that procedure done but I suffer from severe dry eye syndrome. My doctor said I'm not a candidate for the procedure because this procedure makes your eyes dry. Have you experienced that?
    Good for you for getting your workouts in before company arrived! I hope your BC class is a lot of fun!

Thankfully my my wrist is back to normal. I am paranoid about hurting my wrists because I now know what it is like to not have strength in my hands to carry a coffee mug.

I did like the X10 DVD. I did the premixes because Cathe on the intro said that if you picked the individual workouts you get to warm up and stretch on each one of the. I'm not sure if I misunderstood her but I preferred to do a premix. Have you done the individual ones?
    I want you to know that I made the Mediterranean Quinoa salad yesterday and it came out great! I am really enjoying this recipe. I only made 1/2 the recipe because my DH doesn't like raw onions or cukes. It could've used a little salt but other than that I'm happy with it. With 1/2 a cup of Quinoa I was able to get 3 servings. I'll use two servings as lunch and the other cup I'll split into two snacks. I had DH grill me one chicken breast so I could have that for lunch with the Quinoa salad. One cup of salad just didn't look like enough food to me. This is definitely going to become one of my go to salads.

Michelle, I hope you're feeling better!

Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Quick check In.

I started a new contract this week and will approach my busy season so appearances may be sporadic for a bit. This weekend was Aerobox for an intense 1000 calorie boxing scorcher with Michael Olajide. On saturday it was dad and GS cookie sales at Walgreens while I handled projects with the eldest, then the Swim Team Banquet for the eldest and dad was her date while I handled a girl's sleepover with the 7-8 year olds.:noway: Needless to say when they quieted down later that night I was thrilled.:blushing: Sunday was meal preparation, more school work and then a Physics project with the eldest.:yawn: Yesterday while sitting at the computer I worked some Barre moves at the desk and some glute tucks and squeezes.:wink: After work it is straight to gymnastics and then supervision of this science project with the DD. I did a 0515 wake up call this morning to review for her exam today so I'm hoping to skip swim practice and finish this scooter and everyone head to bed early tonight. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a nice kick butt routine with some weight.:bigsmile:

Have a great day Ladies.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was STS Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. It felt good today. I can't believe Tami and I are back to 8 reps and the final phase of STS next week! Crazy how quickly this has gone by. I followed the strength training up with Kick, Punch and Crunch. It was light....but fun!!

Tami, sounds like you enjoyed the game on Sunday!! And great workouts for the weekend! The thought of you as a slacker makes me laugh! Hardly!!!!! Glad to hear your eyes are doing so well. That is good news!

Thelma, glad to hear your wrist is better!! Regarding X10, if you choose the segments separately and want to do more than one, then you won't be going from warm up, cardio, cardio, cardio, cool down (like you do with the premixes) but, instead, you would to warm up, cardio, cool down, warm up, cardio, cool down, etc. So the premixes are a much better option unless you are only doing one segment as your workout. Congrats on doing those workouts because they are most definitely not easy!!

Michelle, boy you sound busy!!!! Good job getting in some workouts. Check in when you can!!!!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was pretty fun last night! :wink: Good variety in the stations and I was with a couple of fun people, which always makes it nice. A guy & a girl that I usually partner up with when we have 3 to a station. This a.m. was STS Plyo Legs from my missed workout yesterday. Tonight I’m headed to Insane-X for some more! :bigsmile:

Thelma: Nice workouts over the weekend! I :drinker: did do one of the individual workouts on X10 as an add-on one day; it was just under 30 minutes and I believe it had the warm-up included. Pre-mixes are definitely the way to go though I think :wink: It's such a good batch of workouts compiled into one. Great for shorter days, add-ons or a full on cardio if you do the whole 60-77 minutes. I don’t suffer from dry eyes at all after my surgery. In fact they recommend you keep up with eye drops a lot during the first 6 months and I had to just put them on my desk to remind myself because my eyes didn’t feel dry . . . ever. My hubby wants the surgery really bad too but he is not a candidate for Lasik, due to the shape of his eyes I guess. He could do the PRK possibly but hasn’t gone back to check that out more.
    I hear you on the “pain in the neck” for food prepping, :ohwell: but very worth it! :smile: Some days I enjoy getting it all done and others I just don’t feel like it. :laugh: Good job staying committed to the processs. The Mediterranean Quinoa sounds really good. I love making various recipes like that in a batch that you can include w/ lunch or snack. It’s perfect and gives a lot of flavor. Can’t wait to hear how you go on Thursday for your weigh/measure day! :bigsmile: WooHoo. It’s going to be great news I’m sure. We are expecting very cold temps tonight, Wed & Thurs … (-4:huh: ) and then warm up slightly and snow on the weekend.

Michelle: WOW with your full on schedule for you right now! Hopefully you are feeling better than last week and have some increased energy?! :smile: Sounds like you do which is great. Nice job getting in your Barre moves while at the computer …. Love that! Multi tasking at it’s best.

Laurel: Fantastic job today with STS & KPC! :bigsmile: I can't believe we are rounding down to the very end of STS :sad: Always bitter sweet. As long as I move into "something" that I look forward to it makes it easier. Being on a 6.5 month rotation and the structure of that and then not know what to do next drives me crazy. :blushing: :laugh:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight was PT and we worked on back, chest, lunges, squats, abs. I was able to do a chest press with a 50 lb barbell so I went up 5 lbs! I had the opportunity to do my assessment tonight but decided to wait till Thursday. I will do Rockout Knockout tomorrow which I love.

Hi Michelle! So good to hear from you. It really sounds like you got your groove back given how busy you are with your girls! Good for you for making time to workout! Congrats on your new contract!

Laurel - Thank you! I'm going to stick to the premixes for X10. So far the 2 premixes I've done have been tough but good.
    Nice workout combo today! Congrats to you and Tami for doing the STS program! I can't wait to hear what you both finally decide to do next!

Tami, thank you! I like the idea of doing an individual X10 workout as an add on. I couldn't believe how many premixes Cathe has on this DVD. I'm so glad you don't suffer from dry eyes. as a result o the Lasik surgery. Hopefully your husband will be able to get at least the PRK procedure!
    If I didn't prepare my meals ahead of time I don't know what I would eat. I'm a planner so getting things ready ahead of time as much as possible is something I've always done.
    I really like the idea of making a batch of a recipe and being able to use for multiple meals/snacks. A little Quinoa sure yields a lot!
    I'll be a nervous wreck on Thursday thinking about the assessment! :laugh:

We had cold temps last night. This morning it was 12 degrees and by dawn tomorrow the snow storm will start hitting us hard. Apparently my area is going to hit the jackpot this time. I think we're expecting anywhere from 6 to 12 inches! I'll be working from home tomorrow for sure!

Have a great night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was lower body, so I did Lower Body Blast (including the barre add-on). I love this workout! I followed it with the Abs from Lean Legs and Abs since Thelma reminded me how good that section is! For cardio, I did IMAX 3. This is not a workout I enjoy....at all....but I feel SO accomplished when I am finished. So now I am all energized and ready to tackle anything!!

Tami, we are getting our cold temps from you up there!! We were 16 below this morning, and still hovering around zero. Cold stuff! Reminds me of living in Alaska!! I am not minding this at all right now, but I think that is because we had no winter last year, and I am enjoying the fact that we are having something of a winter. And it is really helping us out of the drought, which is good. I am with you on the bittersweet end of STS. There are some days I want more flexibility in choosing my workouts, but when I get that flexibility, I realize I prefer the structure!! :blushing: And, as you say, having something set for so long is such a positive. But I guess it is time to move on. :ohwell:

Thelma, I heard you were going to get hit by a storm up there!! Be careful. Sounds like a huge storm. Great job with the workouts. 50lbs on chest press is amazing!! I have no doubt your assessment will be positive tomorrow so don't worry! You have been doing so many great things for your body and health, how could it not be good??? I am anxious to hear how it goes!!

Until tomorrow,

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hello Ladies! :bigsmile: STS Shoul/Bis & Tris for me this a.m. and Spinning tonight after work. Insane-X was good last night; the first round started out with a combo that wasn’t too bad and then it increased in intensity :huh: Great burn and that "I did it feeling" at the end :drinker:

Thelma: Nice work on the increased weight in your workout! :smile: Seeing/feeling all kinds of positives with your workouts. That’s so great. Enjoy Rockout Knockout tonight, that is a fun one forsure! I’m a planner too (if you haven’t already assumed that) :laugh: Yes, Quinoa goes a long way doesn’t it?!? I’m excited to hear how tomorrow goes ~ All the best thoughts your way! Try to be excited instead of nervous, it will be great! I’m sending you “High Fives” from here :drinker: :bigsmile: Be careful driving out there with all that snow.

Laurel: Fantastic workout today!:bigsmile: LBB has been on my radar lately since it has been so long since I’ve done it! Maybe tomorrow will be the day :laugh: thank you for that. Good job getting through IMAX 3! I’m sure you did feel all kinds of energized after that workout today, yowsa! :noway: :laugh: Love that feeling though when you are done and what you have accomplished. If I remember correctly that one has some “choreography” to it, right? :huh: Brrrrrrrr on your temps! Sorry we keeping sending them your way. I agree on being happy about the moisture though and this won’t be forever so I’ll take it.

Hi Michelle:flowerforyou:

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, Rockout Knockout tonight with 120z gloves the entire workout. They only came for the stretch segment. Needless to say I got a big burn which I LOVED! 657 calories! :bigsmile:
    It was a hard work day even though I work from home. I always end up working extra hours when I WFH. We got about 10 inches of the white stuff and DH did all the snow removal. He's so good! :love:
    It will continue to be cold around here but at least we'll be in the mid teens to mid twenties tomorrow.

Laurel, what an incredible workout! I have to admit that I started laughing at your feeling energized comment because I kept thinking: WOW! she felt energized and I would've needed a nap! :laugh:
    You should feel accomplished after that hard workout!:flowerforyou:
    Thankfully both DH and myself stayed home. I got to work he works for a university so he had the day off but he still worked.
    I'm excited about the chest press. I actually think I could've gone heavier. I really hope to get good results tomorrow. I can tell by my bras because I had to get extenders for the back and lately the extender part has gotten shorter and shorter!
    I have thunder thighs but I still hope to have lost a little something there.
    You're right. I really have made a lot of positive, healthy changes in my life and it's only been 6 weeks!

Tami - I'm glad your Insane-X workout was a good one. Great workouts today! I hope your favorite Spinning instructor is on tonight! I totally understand that "I did it feeling". What a wonderful feeling! :drinker:
    I had a crazy work day like I said. I was tired and I tried to talk myself out of working out but I made myself workout. Even while I was working out I kept saying to myself just do 30 minutes but I ended up doing the entire workout!
    I really am seeing/feeling positives with my workouts and my body.
    Oh yeah I get you're a planner too! :laugh:
    Thanks for the good thoughts about tomorrow. You're right I should be excited about tomorrow instead of being nervous.
    I will definitely be careful driving tomorrow morning as it could be icy.

Talk you to tomorrow! Have fun working out tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Quick check-in for me today as I am headed out the door in a minute--into our minus 10 degree temps. :grumble: But hibernation is, sadly, not an option today. :ohwell: Today is cardio day,, and I did the 80 minute premix from Cardio Fusion. Love that workout. I am hoping to do another, less intense, cardio session later. I am thinking of doing the Low Impact Step Challenge workout from Cathe's Low Impact Series. It has been on my mind ever since we discussed it last week (and I talked about it so negatively), so I might give it another shot later today and see if my impression remains the same.

Tami, I love that 'I did it' feeling! Glad you enjoyed the class. IMAX 3 has some choreography to it, but it isn't anything like Party Rockin' Step!!! My complaint about IMAX 3 is that it isn't really intervals. In Cathe's original IMAX, she did one minute of step, one minute of interval, and one minute of recovery....10 times. In IMAX 2, she started to play around with the length of the intervals a bit (made some longer), but recovery and step seemed to stay the same. In IMAX 3, she increased the interval time and really cut down on recovery time (in some cases to 10-15 seconds). And that is fine, except it feels more like a tough steady state workout with some blasts more than a true interval workout. And, for me, if I am going to do a tough steady state workout, I prefer to do one that is more fun. So that is what keeps me from reaching for this workout more often. But it is a good workout!

Thelma, great job with Rockout Knockout! I love that workout! Glad you were able to stay home with the snow fall yesterday. Hope the area recovers quickly!! Let us know how it goes today!!

Must run!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm alive, just crazy busy...like usual! :bigsmile: Lots of subzero days here...too many to count, and lots of days with no school due to 30-40 below windchills too! We've been running every night to hockey between the 2 boys, and any spare time I do have is devoted to the rescue.

We had another foster that joined us right before Christmas and just got adopted Monday night. She was in the worst shape I've seen a rescue dog so far, and by the time she left just she was a spunky little thing. She was the spitting image of the dog we lost in April, so it was horrible to let her go. She even cried as I walked out of the door of the new adopters. But, she is adjusting and will do just fine with them (and we get to visit whenever we want).

Workouts are hit or miss, just depending on what time we get home from hockey each night. I'm averaging about 20 minutes 3 days per week right now. Something is better than nothing!

Sounds like lots of crazy weather for all of you and lots of kick butt workouts too!!!

Back to work, just had to stop by to say hi!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning last night was AMAZING! :bigsmile: It was one of her toughest combos she has ever put together. When we were all done she said “don’t ever let me teach that same format again, that was TOUGH” :laugh: I loved it and had a great burn from it. I found out she is subbing for an overflow class on Saturday, so of course I signed up. I will take any class I can from her. Today’s Insane Abs class at noon was great as well (again Katy taught it).

Thelma: Fantastic workout last night with Rockout Knockout!!!! What a burn. :drinker: :bigsmile: Yowsa on getting 10 inches! WOW … we had a winter like that about 5 years ago where it just kept dumping snow like crazy. DH could barely keep up with all the snow removal, it was crazy. Can’t wait to hear your results from today! :bigsmile: Sounds like you are noticing it in your clothes and truly only 6 weeks. Sometimes that is the way to go on a workout. Talk yourself into a short workout and then as you get started you are happy you did it & feel better afterwards forsure.:wink:

Laurel: Brrrrr! :huh: Sounds like us (but colder). Hope you stayed warm. Nice job on the workouts and I am in awe that you will go back home after this a.m. and do another workout. Yowsa, nice work lady! :bigsmile: That Cardio Fusion workout is such a good one. The last time I did it, was the 80 min premix and there is no messing around there. Thanks for that on IMAX 3. I have to look at my DVD’s on those ones to remember which is which; although I don’t have all of them.

Erika: So great to hear from you! :smile: I was thinking about you this a.m. wondering how things were and thinking you must be crazy busy. That’s wonderful that you had another cute little house guest, even for a short time. I know that would be so hard to do, even knowing they are headed to a good home. I’m glad you can go visit anytime as well. Good job getting in what you can, when you can with your schedule. It’s great that you are because it would be easy to just take a miss on that and have those moments to catch your breath instead. Hang in there.:flowerforyou: I hope that things settle down pretty soon and WARM UP for you guys. Wow that’s cold. Take care, check in again when you can.

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! The first fitness assessment since the start of this challenge went pretty well. I was hoping the measurements would be better though. Here are some of the results: down 5 lbs at the gym down 6.7 at home. I lost 1 lb this week. They do a little cardio test and my HR was better than the fist time as well as my flexibility. The first time I did 20 girly pushups and this time I did 29. My arms gave out on my on the 30th. :ohwell:
    I lost 1/2 inch on the chest which I really thought would be more. Lost 1.25 inches on both waist and hips. Nothing on the thighs which I knew but gained 1/4 of an inch in my arms.:huh:
    My body fat went down 3.2 points and my BMI went down 1 point. so this was very good news. :drinker:

Tonight due to the assessment my workout was pretty short. We did chest, back and biceps. I did 23 minutes on the elliptical for a total of burn of 652 calories.
    Tomorrow's workout: GS Legs and Abs.
    I planned breakfasts and lunches for next week. I liked the Mediterranean salad so much that I'll make it again next week! :smile:

Laurel - Thank you on the Rockout Knockout. I really love those cardio kickboxing workouts. There is one combo that always confuses me because they keep changing the camera angle and I get confused as to what leg was kicking! LOL
    I love the punching combos.
    OMG! -10 degrees? That is cold! 80 minutes of cardio! Cathe's cardio workout are never easy even if she calls them low impact! I was just going to say: Isn't that step workout the one you told me wasn't a really good one? How do you feel about it now that you did it again? :happy:

Tami - Thanks on the Rockout Knockout. I could tell that I was workout harder at it because I have better stamina now hence the huge burn. I heard that we've had more snow this year than years past but it doesn't feel like that for me. I think it's because there has been melting time between snows where in other winters we get storm after storm and then my DH like yours can't keep up.
    I really thought my chest measurement was going to be minus 2 inches not just 1/2 given how my bra extender usage is getting shorter and shorter and it is more than 2 inches shorter. I did feel so much better yesterday after my workout and I loved that great sense of accomplishment.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your Spinning class so much! Even the instructor kicked her own butt! I love it! :laugh: You really had an amazing burn last night! You were on fire!
    That Insane Abs class sounds tough given the amount of calories you burned!

Hi Erika! sounds like you live in a very cold place! Working out 20 minutes a day is MUCH better than 0 minutes a day so good job!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started out today with Muscle Max which is one of my favorite Cathe total body workouts. It flew by! I followed it with an oldie--Cathe's Max intensity Cardio. I always go back to the 1990s in my mind when I do this workout. :tongue: But despite the fact I have been doing it for 15 years, I still feel challenged by it.

So, as I said yesterday, I had time to do the Low Impact Challenge workout from Cathe's Low Impact Series yesterday afternoon. Thelma, this is indeed the one you asked about and whether it would be good for learning step. Sadly, I must say that my impressions remain the same. :ohwell: It is challenging choreographically, but that isn't really the problem for me. I really have two problems with the workout. First, Cathe's cuing is at her worst. It is almost like she forgets she is instructing a workout. Drives me crazy. Second, the music. I must admit, I don't like the music in this entire series, but music doesn't really bother me....usually. But here, where it could add some energy, it just does nothing so there is no 'fun' in this workout. Sad....but that is still my impression. But I keep trying!!!

Tami, sounds like an incredible Spin class!! Does this mean your instructor is all back to normal??? I hope so! Hope the Saturday class is just as good.

Thelma, I think those are fantastic results!!! Congratulations!! That body fat number is particularly impressive. Great job!! Don't worry about the increase in arm size at all. Arms are a tricky thing. I have always said about my arms that I have two choices--big arms or big and strong arms!! I try for the latter. :laugh: You are doing some great work with those arms so be proud of them!! I think it is wonderful what you have accomplished in this amount of time. :flowerforyou:

Erika, good to see you!! I have been thinking about you through this cold winter. It has been rough up your way, no doubt. So glad to hear you are getting some workouts in when you have a chance. As you say, something is better than nothing. And I imagine it feels good with your busy schedule to take a few minutes out just for you. Hope the pup is happy in the new home. I imagine it was so hard to say goodbye. :brokenheart:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Quick check in as I'm working a few more hours than usual due to an audit and a leak in our Texas home that went through both floors.:grumble: I'm definitely a bit stressed but trying to rely on my faith and my tenacity to get through the deluge of things that are happening already. Yesterday was a 60min Zumba workout and I used my HR monitor which was definitely insightful. Based on its readings, last year during my 2 hour classes I was obviously starving myself based on my calorie expenditure and althhough I knew I needed to increase my calories it was such a challenge. Well now I know that my intake is usually off by at least 800-1000 cals:blushing: . so I will do better.:wink:

Erika- I was thinking of you last week so it is awesome to come in and see your quickstop, I miss you chica so hopefully things will eventually slow down for you in those horrid temperatures.

Thelma- Way to go on those inches, those darn thighs always the last to go for some of us.:bigsmile: Keep up the great work!

Tami- Too funny with the new instructor and your signing up with her on Saturdays. I must admit with my favorite instructor leaving last year, I have lost my motivation to head out the door for a workout but next week it is time to shake it off and head back to classes.:wink:

Laurel- Kudos to walking through that door on such a cold day:noway: These recent temps have reminded me of why I don't want to retire back in the Northeast especially when my right knee aches in the constant chill.

Ok back to work! Have a great and warm weekend!

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ This a.m. was Supercuts :smile: I decided tomorrow will by a combo of Total Body weight workout followed by Spinning so I went with a Circuit type workout today. :wink: That’s a fun one! No workout tonight because we are meeting friends for dinner.

Thelma: I think the assessment went BEAUTIFULLY for you!!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: WooHoo, High 5 and Congrats! I think the lbs, inches and body fat points … all being down is so great. I know we often wish for “more” but that is human. Be patient with the process :wink: The difference in your arms is definitely not a bad thing. Laurel put it perfectly! You will gain muscle through this process so sometimes measurements reflect that as well. Sounds like you followed up your assessment with another great workout! I’m hoping your PT was as excited as we are for you. :smile:
    Is that Mediterranean Quinoa Salad the one you sent me? :tongue: Yum. I get hooked on a salad or dish sometimes and keep making it and making it! Kind of great when that happens really. You don't have to think of what you might want next, it's sort of a "go to" recipe. :smile: The abs class is definitely a tough class. I feel bad when people think it’s just going to be some crunches or something because she throws in a lot of other stuff. Tons of push-ups. Burpees, “Super Burpees”, planks & reverse planks, jumping jacks, weighted abwork. . . . You get the picture! Each week is different and the 45 min flies by forsure. She’s a toughie and when she “kicks her own butt” it’s pretty funny :laugh:

Laurel: Fabulous work again today! :bigsmile: You really have been getting in some amazing workouts. Love the 1990’s reference. Whenver I do any of her older workouts I kind of laugh about the music and attire, but they are so good as you say. I need to make a note of Muscle Max because I do enjoy that one and just simply forget about it. Kudos to coming home and doing Low Impact Challenge yesterday.:drinker: I remember this one and I actually have a small sticky note posted in my DVD case that says “NO” choreography challenging! :huh: :laugh: The first time I put it in I was like :noway: :grumble: and it was more frustrating than a good workout for me. You’re right, I often have moments of wondering ~ isn’t she going to say what we are doing next?!? On the Spin/Insanity instructor: If you ask her she says she is still not 100% with her knee. You would never be able to tell on a bike. Now in Insanity she still modifies some of her moves, but not very many. It doesn’t bend to the degree her other (non-surgery knee) will. She is still having some pain and issues that they can’t identify. Makes her sad because she trusted that it would be “good as new” - so she’s still doing all that she can and hoping one day it is 100% again. Her 100% though is 150%. I can only imagine her frustration.

Michelle: Sorry to hear about the leak in your Texas home. :grumble: Those kinds of situations are always stressful due to the “helpless” feeling until it's fixed. Hope it is all getting sorted out and no more worries soon. Nice job getting in your Zumba workout! I bet it was perfect for how you were feeling.:wink: Those are some crazy calorie burns you are getting yesterday and today in BootCamp! Holy burnin it up! I think the HR monitors are such a great tool. Sat Spin sign-up: I know, right?! :laugh: Kind of feel like a stalker.:laugh: Part of it was my friend wanting to go who is just getting back into the workouts after having her baby and the other was when Katy announced she would be doing that class Sat. So it’s a win-win for me!
    See my friend and get in a guaranteed good Spin class.

Hope you ladies have a great weekend! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I was scheduled to do Lean Legs and Abs and grabbed the first DVD with the word Legs in the title and stuck it in the DVD player! I put in the GS Legs DVD instead! Talk about kicking my own butt tonight! Literally! :laugh:
    OMG my butt and my hamstrings are feeling it. Not so much my quads because I tend to be very careful of the things I do on my toes and lunges are the scariest thing for me.

Thank you all for congratulating me on my fitness assessment results. I'm pretty happy and now I am already looking forward to the next assessment in one month.
    I got the official report report today which is generated with a software tool called BSDI Fitness Analyst. My overall fitness assessment rating went from 43 to 48. They provided me with a lean vs fat weight scale with my own data which was compared to the one from last month and it shows how my lean weight part of the scale is getting bigger and the fat part getting smaller. I can't for the scale to show mostly lean weight!

Laurel - Great workout today!! Too bad you the step DVD still isn't a fun workout for you. You should do what Tami did with the DVD. Put a sticky note on it with "NOOO" :tongue:
    Do you ever use a heart rate monitor. I would love to know what your total burn for a give day after your workouts is!
    Thank for your nice words on the fitness assessment. I definitely can tell that I'm getting stronger. I won't worry about my arms size. You're right having stronger arms is what I need to focus on.

Hi Michelle, I'm sorry you're going through some challenging times. Hopefully you'll get things under control soon. You must have a really fun Zumba class to burn all those calories! Nothing like that near me. Only grannie style Zumba.

Tami - Thank you so much! My PT was happy with my results. I really need to be patient with my progress at least now I do that I'm going in the right direction.
    Your workouts today sound like killer workouts! OMG! I can't believe your Ab workout is so hard! No wonder it's called insane abs!!!
    The Mediterranean Quinoa salad recipe I'm making IS the one I sent you

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
    Thelma