Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Getting ready to hit the road but wanted to check in first. I had a good workout this morning starting with STS Total Body. I followed it with To The Max extreme premix. Tough stuff! I am hoping to get a short workout in tomorrow while DH is on the slopes. I probably won't workout on Sunday, so I will have to make up my STS workout on Monday.

Tami, I am really happy to hear your instructor continues to heal. But that is bad news about her not being there as often!! Hopefully she won't have to miss too much. Great job doing Squat Rack Legs. You are right....it does feel good. But, boy, it takes a lot of patience! And that is not something I am known for. :blushing:

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about your PT. There are a number of people who believe (with some justification) that sugar (if that is what she was focusing on) is toxic to the body. To me, it sounds like this is what she is saying. For people who can sustain that kind of life--my hat's off to them! But I think you are SO right in trying to make this work for you in the long term....not just until March. I don't know anything about your PT so I am going to speak in generalities here since I don't know her background. But I know I was studying to become a PT a couple of years ago and it alarmed me how little information there is about nutrition in the PT studies. And what was in there....I didn't always agree with (for instance, the course I was taking emphasized the need for drinks like Gatorade after workouts which I completely disagree with). So I would listen to what she has to say, but I would also recommend checking it with other references. I consider myself lucky as I found a series of actual lectures for a nutrition class held at the University of California a few years ago, and listening to those really changed my views on some things as I realized that too many nutritional recommendations today as shown in the media are being made by people trying to sell something (or stop the sale of something). So there is unbiased info out there--you just may have to hunt for it. So, again, no harm in hearing what she has to say but still forming your own opinions with her as just one source.

About that Low Impact Step Challenge workout.....I don't recommend it. In fact, I think it is one of Cathe's more confusing step workouts. I have never really mastered it and, as a result, rarely do it. Sadly, the best way to figure out Cathe's step programs are to start with her oldies when she broke things down better and moved a little slower than she does now. If you want any recommendations, let me know. About Kari Anderson....I used to love her cardio workouts! I bought my first one from her over 20 years ago!! But, sadly, I am a little too advanced in my workouts to feel her cardio workouts are effective for me anymore. But her yoga-ish workouts like Angles, Lines and Curves 1 and 2) are stellar!

I currently live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. My DH is in the Air Force, so this is home number 13 since we got married!

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was "me day", at home manicure, eyebrows and any facial hair day.:laugh: I felt better but I could feel some pressure so I opted for a Barre routine with Ballet Beautiful.:noway: I can feel those 32reps per exercise today...omg how could something so simple weaken me.:laugh: Afterwards I worked my Abs but some of those exercises were brutal on my back so I definitely modified. Overall it was low impact but worked those inner muscle fibers especially in that glute area. Today another episode, not sure what I ate as I made a homemade beef chili with zuchinni which turned out delicious, hmmnn maybe my late night cup of coffee.:blushing: I'm pushing my water intake so maybe I need to hit my 2L bottle again. I have never suffered with migraine headaches before but the symptoms seems to be the same with light and noise really hurting me.:huh:

Thelma- Your vent really made me laugh out loud as you are so right, it would be different if your workouts were not as intense that day to burn off that cake but she focused on the negative in lieu of your achievements. Your Fired! :laugh: Sorry but I tend to believe that if I'm paying for your expertise and services then at least work with me and realize that life and celebrations happen and working within those limits you did a great job. Sugar is addictive and for some of us, the more we taste the more we crave but completely eliminating everything with sugar is not realistic for most. I had a sliver of my DD Neopolitan ice cream cake, ate it, dumped the rest and moved on but more importantly my DD did not have to feel that I did not partake in her celebration because of my "diet".:wink:

Laurel- Safe travels on the road but have fun on the slopes.:flowerforyou: Yikes only four months. We are 2 years out unless hubby chooses to do it sooner and I'm looking at other homes and schools already, yup that type A personality reared its head.:wink:

Tami- Killer Spinning as usual, still can not force myself to go back to class.:blushing: The funny thing is my cousin who I'm smaller than and stronger than loves that darn class. I think it is a mental thing for me because obviously I did the class already it is just such a dread factor or maybe combining it with 75 mins of Muscle Mania was the stupid factor.:blushing: :laugh:

Have a great weekend ladies. I have Girl Scout cookies to sell this weekend, Valentines day with Veterans and some more birthday celebrating to do minus the cake this time.:tongue:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    TGIF Ladies ~ I say that every Friday, I know:blushing: Hair appt went great, always feels good to freshen up the highlights & trim. Nothing new, although people have commented today that it looks different & some nice compliments so that’s good. Today was STS Total Body and headed to Spinning tonight! I’m excited, my favorite (Katy) is subbing for the regular Friday night gal! So it will be a good one. :wink:

Thelma: Great news on the 5 lbs in 3 weeks! :drinker: :drinker: That is so awesome. I’m sorry your PT was kind of stuck on the whole “Thelma had a piece of cake” instead of mentioning it, moving on to all the positive things you have been doing. I think she got kind of stuck on wanting you to not think it’s ok to eat cake say every day because you burned 1000 cals ~ :laugh: Obviously that wasn’t your thought process. :grumble: I’m sure that was a “joy kill” forsure in your “New Thelma” and the progress she has made. Keep at it, share your food journal with her and she will know that you mean business… Sorry about that. The Wed night Spin class is a toughie but I love it! She always has a format to what the hour will be; not just riding along. The break between sets on SR legs is approx 3 min. So yes, you can quickly get a load of laundry in like Laurel has done before! :laugh: She will remind you that the rest period in between sets is important and to not FWD to the next set. It’s hard sometimes, but I trust Cathe so I do what she says! Speaking of step challenges. I can get some of her workouts down on the step (after several pauses & rewinds) but many are choreography challenging for me too so don’t feel bad about that. Low Impact Step I thought the same thing and was standing there wondering what in the :huh: but Laurel offers a good suggestion. :wink: I should find out your remedy for hot flashes. A friend of mine at work has been going through hot flashes terribly, poor thing. Enjoy those stuffed peppers. That is the ONE single recipe that I have fooled my hubby into eating Gr Turkey and he loves them. Thinks it’s beef . . . don’t ask me why but he does. It’s hilarious and I still haven’t told him it’s Gr Turkey. :blushing:

Laurel: Great minds think alike again! :bigsmile: I was actually thinking if I don’t take a REST day tomorrow I would do To The Max …. Seriously. That is pretty funny. :laugh: We’ll see how I feel tomorrow but lately on Saturday I have felt like getting in a workout. Awesome job today, way to end the week!

Michelle: Sounds like a fabulous “me” day! :bigsmile: Very nice and great job getting in that Barre routine & abs as well. Not fun on the headaches . . . hopefully you can find out what is triggering it. I understand that lots of people have that dread factor with Spinning or fear factor ~ maybe they go hand-in-hand …. But probably the follow-up from your other class didn’t help. Kind of like this past summer when I took my BFF on that 30+ mile bike ride. She hasn’t been on a bike since :frown: Hope you sell lots of cookies!

Hope you ladies enjoy your weekend! Talk to you soon ~
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, TGIF is right Tami! Tonight I did Cathe's Great Glutes and OMG!!!! I thought I was going to die. Those moves hurt! I wanted to give up in the middle of it but kept going and did my best. I always favor my right foot so I seem to cause a muscle imbalance on my left thigh because that one works harder all the time with leg moves like lunges. I had to massage my legs and butt on a foam roller for a while to work all the knots out. Tomorrow: triceps and biceps and hopefully some cardio too.

Laurel, sounds like you had a really hard workout! I'm sure you loved every minute of it though!
    I totally get what you're saying and when you put it that way it makes sense. It's all in the delivery right? That message wasn't delivered. I come from a culture that eats a lot of sugar in every possible form, candy, pastries, etc. So I know I can be a sugarholic. A few months ago I gave up artificial sweeteners because I read an article that explained how sweet these products are and they intensify our sweet cravings. That just totally drove the message home to me. It's been unbelievable but all of a sudden I stopped adding the stuff to my coffee and I don't miss that sweetness. I must admit that I do add a little bit of Swiss Miss No Sugar Added hot cocoa but I also used to add the sweetener. I've come a long way. Of course when things are put in front of me my will power gets seriously challenged. I've also learned to drink water with my meals which I thought was impossible for me to do given that I grew up drinking some sweet drink with my meals.

I don't get the Gatorade thing after workouts. My gym has free Gatorade and don't even know why they offer that if they're trying
    to make people healthy.

Colorado Springs! I bet it's beautiful there. You have moved 13 times! WOW! My husband's father was in the military so they moved a lot too.
    I'm so glad I mentioned that step DVD! If you think it's confusing then it will be bad for me! LOL
    Have a wonderful weekend!

Hi Michelle, I bet that "me" time felt fabulous!! Barre is another one of those innocent looking workouts that have nothing innocent about them at all! Nice workout combo!
    That chili with zucchini sounds delicious! Sorry those episodes continue to happen. Do you think maybe the spicy food could be a trigger?

Glad I made you laugh with my ventathon! To me that day was all about having planned ahead, workout like crazy, having been good with food all day so I felt that the cake was my little reward. It was a small piece too because it was a small cake. This is after I sat at a table with a huge spread and all I ate from the table was some fresh pineapple! Sugar is really addictive. I am addicted to sugar but since I started avoiding artificial sweeteners managing my sugar intake has been much easier.
    Good luck selling the cookies!

Hi Tami, I hope your spinning class was fun. Thanks for your nice words about my PT session last night. I wish she would've said it just once and moved on. The fact that she kept going on the subject upset me. It really was a "joy/pride kill" moment. I was so proud of myself for having workout so hard and planned my foods ahead while avoiding most of the temptation. I have shared my food journal and she looks at it or at least she says she does. Makes me think that she doesn't or she would know how good I've been.
    Sounds like you have really good instructors at your gym. All of your classes sound tough not just your spinning class!
    Wow those STS breaks are really long! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't follow the step workouts! I will take a look at the old step workouts Cathe has.
    The remedy for hot flashes is a supplement called Calcium,.magnesium, and zinc. I was told to take one a day and that is all I take. The woman at my doctor's office had to take a shower in the middle of blow drying her hair.
    I use this brand
    http://www.naturemade.com/products/minerals/calcium-magnesium-and-zinc

I'm still laughing at your husband not knowing he was eating ground turkey! :laugh:
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We enjoyed a very nice weekend in the mountains. I even dared to do a workout on Saturday despite feeling the altitude! We were at Keystone, Colorado, which sits at 9100 feet. The first night I thought I was going to collapse walking up the stairs ( as DH and I always do) to our room on the sixth floor. I couldn't breath--and I live at 7000 feet!! Anyhow, I decided to try working out Saturday.....just because. I started with Cardio Supersets, and after the first 15 minutes, I acclimated and so followed it with Cathe's HiiT Double Wave Pyramid!! Good stuff. But the stairs still killed me that night! :laugh:

Yesterday we got home early enough for me to do STS Chest/Back and Cardio Core Circuit. Today was Plyo Legs, After Burn Bonus Burn premix and the core from Muscle Endurance. It felt good!

Tami, yep, great minds on the workout Friday! Meso 3 is really working for me right now. Yesterday was the heaviest I have ever lifted for chest!! I was excited about that. Of course, I feel it today. :blushing: But I think After Burn worked that out a bit. I hope. :ohwell:

Michelle, I love your 'me' day! I need to do something like that......soon! :noway: I am sorry to hear about the headaches! Maybe you could start with eliminating the coffee and see if that helps. Could it be hormonal? Just curious as my sister developed migraines at the start of peri menopause. It is the only time she has ever had migraines. Hope you feel better soon.

Thelma, I hear you on sugar. It is a weakness for me, and that's why I know I can't cut it out completely. But it sounds like you are starting to make some very smart choices. I cut out all artificial sugars back in 2007, and I was amazed how much better I started feeling. I used to like my coffee to taste like coffee candy but now haven't had cream or sugar in my coffee in five years....and don't miss it at all. So making those choices like you are making in small, manageable doses is the absolute best way to figure out what you can and cannot live without in the long term. For me, I really make sure that if I am going to have a dessert or sweet that I know it is going to taste good/be what I want. I used to eat whatever I could when it came to sweets, but now I can say no to some if it isn't worth it to me. And if it is worth it--I eat it, enjoy it, and move on! Sounds like that is the path you are on, and I think it is wonderful!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

A busy weekend with us with Girl Scouts, movies and dinner with the International committee from Austria. Overall it was a typical booked weekend of activities split between both parents and eventually gathering together at the dinner table or on the sectional laughing at funny anecdotes. On Sunday I ran for 45 minutes, more of endurance than intervals plus I wanted to test my new bluetooth headphones hubby bought me so it was great and although they sit behind my neck it did not bounce or cause any discomfort at all.:bigsmile: This morning it was a Beach Body oldie Slim Series Tone It up, which is endurance based high reps but a total body workout which accounts for the high caloric burn. The weather here is rainy and foggy, perfect for laundry or a good book.

Thelma- Awesome job on the Glute workout as Cathe definitely knows how to hit the glute area. Not sure if it is the spices as I'm the oddball in my family who avoids spicy food so when I say spicy to me it is probably laughable to most especially my hubby who loves spicy Korean foods.:laugh: My background is Caribbean so I have encountered some very spicy dishes but the Chili had a bit of heat but nothing that prevented me from enjoying the combination of flavors, I must say it was awesome and next time I will use ground turkey.

Laurel- Welcome back from the mountains and those high altitudes. Yes I'm thinking of a possible coffee detox where I will eliminate coffee for a week but I love waking and knowing a cup is waiting for me.:blushing: I have to mentally prep for this and of course inform hubby so that he does not sabotage my efforts.:laugh: If only I could eliminate the stevia and cream, blah, maybe not yet!:ohwell:

Tami- Yes, ground turkey and even soymilk I have used in recipes without informing the husband, the funny part is when he discovers it and then states he though it tasted "different".:huh: Really after 5 years of consuming the same dish.:laugh:

Ok off to the showers!

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Sounds like you all had a nice weekend! :smile: Mine was good between the usual errands I got in a couple nice workouts and took the dogs for a walk. It was a lot colder than I had planned/thought so was ready to sprint home but didn’t! They loved it. I almost turned around earlier than our normal spot and Emma (the Golden) pulled on the leash, knowing it wasn’t time to turn around. :laugh: They are smarties those pals of mine! So Sat. I had a nice relaxing a.m. and then decided before my errands I would just get in a quick workout . . . so I did Tabata Inferno from S90, that was fun and energized me for the rest of my day. :wink: Yesterday was STS Chest/Back . . . then headed to my Volleyball games for a little cardio! This a.m. was Plyo Legs & tonight is BootCamp :wink:

Thelma: Way to go on the Great Glutes workout! :drinker: :bigsmile: Hopefully you weren’t too sore over the weekend if you were needing the foam roller :wink: Spinning was pretty good. My favorite instructor was not leading the class afterall, :frown: the original lady did it so wasn’t quite the intensity I was hoping for but a great way to end the week!
    It is pretty hilarious that he doesn’t know those peppers are ground turkey, I know. :laugh: :blushing: He complains when I make anything with Gr Turkey and when he sees me making those little Turkey Muffins, etc. he comments that he doesn’t know how I eat that “stuff” ~ which is essentially the same ingredients inside the peppers! Even after all these times I think he would not eat them if he knew, hence I just don’t say what it is. Thanks for the info on the Calc/Mag/Zinc remedy, I will tell her. Yikes on the woman at your doctor’s office! :huh: That doesn’t sound fun at all and I have heard that’s how it can be.

Laurel: Sounds like a nice weekend in the mountains! :smile: Good on ya for getting in those workouts ~ Yowsa! :noway: I bet you were sucking for air at the beginning. Way to get in your Chest/Back workout when you got home. That can be hard sometimes after a road trip (even short ones) to feel like a workout so great job! Your combo this a.m. sounds intense! Plyo #32 is truly one of my favorites. I even have it highlighted as such so if I am ever needing one of her leg workouts I go back to it. I also went my very heaviest yesterday; I thought to myself . . . now is the time to try it and it was great. With just 6 reps, why not work as hard as possible, that’s the point. :wink: I felt great, even after Volleyball but later on I could tell my muscles just felt like relaxing. That worked hard feeling. I’m sure AfterBurn loosened up anything that may have felt tight. That one has such a good variety in it.:bigsmile:

Michelle: Sounds like a very busy weekend for you! As always, great job getting in your workouts in between it all. You are a Wonder Woman with all that you stay on top of. :drinker: I’m with you on the coffee. It’s not that I have to have it, but it is my one little vice that is a “comfort” to me in the a.m. I’m a light cream/sweetener gal too. I’ve tried black coffee and just can’t. If I had to just have black I could probably give it up. I actually have a running count on the Stuffed Peppers ~ 10 times! :laugh: Yes, every time I have approached it with the attitude “if he asks, I will not lie” but he has never asked. One time he said they tasted different than “regular” and I told him I used Quinoa instead of Bread Crumbs, he was satisfied with that much so I didn’t offer more. :laugh: :blushing: Our weather has been like Groundhog Day (the movie) for probably 2 weeks. Low thirties, a low fog sitting right on top of us and GRAY. No rain, no snow, just fog and cold, day after day after day. So strange. I am thankful that it isn’t rain but the weather people are saying we need it ……:frown:

Hope you ladies have a great evening! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I started week 3 of my first rotation (Thank you Laurel!) today. Friday as you all know I did that glutes workout and because I massaged and stretched my legs and butt right after I was fine the next day! Saturday I did bi's and tri's and that one hit my shoulder blades funny so my back felt like it was going to do something bad. Thankfully by Sunday it was better. Sunday I walked on the treadmill and did the XT Core bonus 1 workout from the Bi's and Tri's DVD. Today I did the Athletic Training Workout and OMG! It was hard! I started with two raisers but then it was getting too challenging for me and my heart rate was going way too high so I went down to one raiser and it got better. I can't believe I survived that DVD! :happy: It felt really good! My shoulder blades have always been a weak spot for me. Tonight I felt them acting up during this workout and I massaged them with these little Yoga Tune Up balls I have. That helped a LOT! I burned 577 calories. I probably would've burned 800 had I been able to use 2 or 3 raisers! How about the routine with those little bands? My God! That was a hard routine but I loved it!

Welcome back Laurel! It really is a weird feeling to feel like you can't breathe when you're at a high altitude. That happened to me when we went to Vail, CO. It just made feel as if I was out of shape when I was in really good shape back then! I'm glad you persevered and actually acclimated to the higher altitude! Of course you had to do a killer workout just to prove that mountain that the altitude wasn't going to make you weak! LOL

I really don't know if I'll ever be able to give sugar completely but I am trying. I don't think this is something I can do cold turkey. Baby steps is the way to go for me.
    Congratulations on having lifted your heaviest weights on the chest exercises!:flowerforyou:

Hi Michelle, you had a very busy weekend! WOW! I'd need a vacation after all that! On top of all those social activities you actually worked out! Good girl! :drinker:

Cathe sure knows how to hit the glutes in all the right spots. She makes you hurt good!
    I noticed that Laurel suggesting avoiding caffeine for a while. I have two friends who are migraine sufferers and caffeine is a big trigger so definitely remove it from your diet for a while to see if that was the migraine trigger.

Hi Tami, You really did some great workouts in this weekend in addition to your Volleyball games! Too bad the spinning class wasn't led by your favorite instructor! Your doggies sound adorable and smart too!

I can see why you can't tell your DH that the stuffed peppers are made with ground turkey! My DH makes the normal ground beef dishes with ground turkey

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Another good workout today. I did STS Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps and went pretty heavy on it! I was concerned my muscles may be a bit fatigued after doing After Burn yesterday, but they felt fine. I followed it with Cathe's Greatest Hits workout, which is slowly becoming a real 'go-to' workout for me now! Never would have guessed that when I did it the first time.

Tami, your weather sounds horrible! But you are in the same weather pattern we are while the other half of the country is being hammered! At least our pattern is sunshine instead of clouds but, boy, we sure could use some winter here. I was really surprised how little snow the mountains had as well. Could be another long summer. :grumble: Anyhow, I always laugh when you talk about fooling your DH with ground turkey! What he doesn't know won't hurt him, right? I am very lucky that my DH will eat just about anything. Great job with the workouts over the weekend! How fun to pull out one of the S90 workouts!! I enjoyed that series.

Michelle, sounds like a jam packed weekend! Are they predicting any snow for your area? I have a friend in Alabama who just posted on Facebook that the state is in panic right now! I can only imagine. I really hope the weather doesn't cause too many problems for you or your family!

Thelma, wow on the workouts!!! You are doing some tough ones right now so be very proud!! Athletic Training is one of those all-over body workouts that I really enjoy. Don't worry about doing it on a six inch step!! That's a tough workout! Sounds like you are doing a good job listening to your 'trouble' areas and making sure you stretch them out properly after your workouts. Shoulders can be tricky so make sure you pay special attention to them and go lighter on weights or do fewer reps if necessary. Speaking as somebody who has had too many shoulder problems, I find it best to err on the side of caution with that body part!!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was good last night. She made up some brand new moves and mixed in some others we haven’t done in a while along with jump ropes, burpees, etc. She was trying to make it all about cardio. No workout this a.m. :sad: DH snored, snored and more snoring! :grumble: I was awake at 11:30, 1:15, 2:00 . . . you get the picture. He felt horrible this a.m. when he noticed I didn’t get up. That is usually the first reason why I’m not up. He apologized but it’s not like he meant to … poor guy. When he is super tired (as I’ve mentioned before) he snores, loudly. :angry: So tonight I will get in Insane X and tomorrow I will do STS Shoul/Bi’s/Tris in the a.m.

Thelma: Great workouts! :smile: Glad to hear that you didn’t suffer the next day after massaging/stretching those legs out. Athletic Training is a fun workout, lots of variety in that one, don’t worry about lowering the step. It’s good to listen to your body and not push yourself beyond what you are comfortable with . . . you don’t want to A. Hurt yourself or B. Have the dread factor next time you reach for that workout because you put yourself over the edge! :wink: Your strength, along with endurance will increase – no worries! You are doing fabulous. :flowerforyou:

Laurel: Awesome combo today! :bigsmile: Nice work going heavier again today. :wink: That is my plan for tomorrow a.m. as well. That Greatest Hits truly is becoming one of your “go to” workouts, that’s so great! Right?! :huh: On the weather pattern. When I talked about that yesterday, I should have mentioned eventhough it is the SAME thing day after day it’s not the East Coast and what is going on there, so I am thankful for that. We are having a little flurry today that is supposed to turn to rain/freezing rain. It’s truly the craziest winter.

Hope you ladies have a great evening! Talk to you tomorrow :bigsmile:

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Today was PT and we focused on legs, chest and biceps. I also was able to do 20 minutes on the elliptical for a total of 645 calories burned. It was a good workout.

Laurel, great super workout today. You're amazing! I hear you about the shoulders. I started to feel something that didn't feel right and right away I lowered my weight. I've been hurt too many times before so now I've learned to listen to my body. I really like that Athletic Training Workout. Tough but seems to hit the right spots! Thank you for encouraging me!

Laurel, when I'm done with this rotation should I go back to week 1 again?

Tami, sorry you didn't sleep well last night! When my DH snores I simply tap him on the shoulder and I say: sweetie, turn on your side cause you're snoring and he does! I am lucky he stops once he turns on his side. I hope you got your Insane X workout in tonight. Bootcamp class sounds tough!

The Athletic Training DVD was challenging enough for me with the 6 inch step. I was afraid I was going to fall off the step on the side lunges she does and definitely my heart rate was just going past my target zone. As long as I massage my legs with that foam roller I'm usually OK. I always have problems with my IT band getting tight. Thank you also for being so encouraging! I really can tell that I'm getting stronger which is a great feeling.
    The stuffed peppers tasted MUCH better tonight. I think it was the peppers cooked a little more once we warmed them. They didn't even taste bland to us anymore! Go figure!

Have a good night and a great Wednesday!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Well, I really tried hard to talk myself out of Squat Rack Legs today, but when it came to popping the DVD into the machine, it ended up being Squat Rack Legs. :ohwell: It felt okay today. I did take walks around the house during the breaks (no laundry or housework though) just to feel like I was doing something. I followed it with STS Stability Ball Abs and then moved into cardio. Today I did a combo of Turbo Fire HiiT 30 right into TF 45. Loved it!

Tami, sounds like a good Bootcamp class, especially to focus on cardio when it was shoulders last week (or the week before), right? Sounds like she is really trying to change things up a bit. Yeah, it is a good thing about the Greatest Hits DVD. I think what I like about it is that it is familiar so no learning curve and when I am done, I always say to myself 'that was good!'. I like workouts like that!! Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep!! I've had a few nights like that this week thanks to DH. Like you say, it isn't as if he means to keep me awake. But......still......I am awake. Isn't the weather in the east crazy? We got some snow on Monday, and they are predicting more over the next few days. But it has been crazy unpredictable. Right now, it seems we are going from the 20s to the 60s every other day with no transition in between. Not good.

Thelma, great job with your workout!! About the rotation, if you want to do it again, there would be no problem with that because the rotation has so much variety (in other words, it's not like it is going to be ineffective because your body is too used to the workouts). Since this has been your first time through with some of these workouts, you might actually feel it is MORE effective a second time through. I hope you are enjoying it!!

Michelle, did you get snow?? I hope not!!! Be safe!

I will be out and about the next couple of days, but I will try to check in when I can!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ After a great night’s sleep I felt like myself again this a.m. :bigsmile: Thank goodness. :wink: This a.m. was STS Shoul/Bi’s/Tri’s (from yesterday) and headed to Spinning tonight. Our snow flurries did turn into a few inches and some wintery roads but all is good. Still gray and low clouds but there is snow on the ground now so it is a change of scenery! :laugh:

Thelma: Great job on the workout! :drinker: That is a serious calorie burn, nice job. Hopefully your trainer offered a few “kudos” your way this week. Maybe subconsciously realizing she was a little much on the “cake” moment last week :ohwell: I’m glad you enjoyed the peppers ~ sometimes the second round is better for some recipes! It marinates or something and offers a better flavor. :wink: I try the “honey your snoring, please roll over” method but somehow he ends back on his back again & again. You’re welcome on the encouragement! It’s so awesome what you are doing and getting back on track (aka: Getting your Thelma back) so it’s fun to be able to offer encouragement in whatever form that comes in! I’m glad you are already feeling stronger too.

Laurel: Good on ya for plugging in that SR Legs workout! :smile: :wink: Not sure that I will do that again tomorrow, but maybe. We will see. Nice combo with the TF afterwards, I bet it was a lot of fun. Yes, I can tell she absolutely tried to change things up in BC. The week before was Super Shoulders workout forsure, others were commenting on that as well. :laugh: :huh: She has already referenced that she can’t wait until it’s nice out again and we can go outside …. I said, for “Running Camp?” and she laughed and said yes. :grumble: So BOO on that, but since it is still pitch dark out I have a ways to go before that begins again.

Michelle: Hope all is well for you! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Today I did Rockout Knockout. I actually didn't think I could do it. I'm under a lot of stress at work this week and last night I was up until midnight working. Of course by the time I went to bed my brain wouldn't shut down and didn't sleep well at all.
    I was very exhausted by the time I got home but I forced myself to go to the basement to do my workout. I did the entire thing with the 12oz gloves. I didn't have full energy but I got a good burn. I didn't push myself as hard as I normally would've but I gave all I had!
    Next week my trainer will measure everyone to check on our progress. I actually can't wait for that! I won't worry about my weight there because by the time I get to the gym I've already drank at least 8 glasses or water throughout the day.

Laurel, what a killer combo you did today! I get out of winded simply by reading what you did! :laugh: You're so disciplined!
    Thank you on my workouts! I think I will be OK doing the rotation a second time too. There is plenty of variety in the rotation so my body won't get used to the routines any time soon! :happy:
    I really, really liked the Athletic Workout one and I can't wait to do it again. PT tomorrow. I'm not sure what we'll do for upper because I have planned chest and triceps and we did legs, chest and biceps yesterday. So we'll probably do legs, back and shoulders.

Hi Tami! Nice workout! I am so glad you got a good night's sleep! I think I'm too selfish and simply don't allow my husband to keep me awake with his snoring. I say if I'm going to be awake he is going to keep me company :embarassed:
    My DH actually got one this night guard thing that keeps him from snoring and it seems to work. He doesn't snore all the time and he doesn't isn't too loud.
    My trainer did give me a couple of kudos. She sounded congested and I was freaking out during the entire workout that I was going to catch whatever she had. of course this week she'll tell me my sugar consumption was high but that is because I ate more fruit which I love.
    I am really excited to be getting back on track after all these years. I just wished this weight would melt at the speed of light! I have to be patient because it's not like I gained it all in one month! Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I started doing MFP and my workouts. I'm not so sure that I've gone down one more lb so I'm worried about weighing in tomorrow. I did weigh myself this morning and I hadn't even gone down 1/2 lb. Hopefully I'll be at least 1/2 lb lighter than I was last week.
    I've stuck to my diet this week but it's been a struggle. I've been hungry during the day. It could be stress related though.
    I hope you loved your spinning class tonight!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Quick check in ladies,

We made it through the ice storm with everything in our small town closed, so the home has been filled as we adjust to no snow but tons of ice. Unfortunately the garage was too cold to exercise so it was floor leg exercises. Today I had those symptoms again along with TOM so I slept in to the point where I felt my husband standing and watching me to make sure I was okay. I'm hoping to run today or do a Slim series dvd now that the temps have increased above 20. The internet has been a bit iffy but at least we did not lose electricity.

Thelma- I know that felling of doing it but not fully engaged but you still burned calories and you did it after a long day.:wink:

Tami- Oh the bliss of a good nights rest, unfortunately as a parent and a light sleeper I never get those unless we are on the cruise ship.:blushing: This morning after getting back into bed hubby had the girls in quiet mode and my body fell into a deep sleep for 3 hours and I only woke up because it was time for him to head to the office. It felt so good!

Laurel- No snow although my girls were excited at the thought but tons of ice which turned everything white. Even the dog was apprehensive to go outside in this unknown terrain.:laugh:

Have a great day ladies.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Very quick check-in for me today. I started off my day in the wee hours of the morning by doing the X77 premix from Cathe's X10 DVD. I love this workout. Then I ran out of the house for a long meeting. When I got home, I did more cardio--Step Moves. It felt very easy today, but I didn't want to push it too hard after the earlier, tough workout. But I think I could have pushed it a little harder on the second workout. :ohwell:

Thelma, great job pushing aside the stress and stuff to workout!! I have days where I can't give it my all, and when I do I always think back on something I heard in one of my workouts years ago. The instructor was talking about days when you can't give it your all and how that's okay because 'it is better than sitting on the sofa eating a bag of chips'. I don't know why that image has stuck with all the years, but, for whatever reason, it has stuck with me and makes me feel positive about days when I am trying but just don't have it all. Congrats on your four week point!!!! And the continued weight loss! :drinker:

Michelle, I am sorry to hear about the ice! And I am doubly sorry to hear you still don't feel very well. I hope this gets better soon. It makes me think of Laurie and how she went through a similar thing last year with the overwhelming fatigue. Take care!

Tami, I am so sorry to hear it is going to be 'running camp' again this summer! :noway: At least you know, so you can make your choices accordingly. And, as you said, you have months until that starts up. Glad you were feeling more rested yesterday!!! We are supposed to get more snow tonight and through Saturday morning. I hope we get it! Like you, I like the change in scenery!!

I will try to check-in tomorrow, but if I don't......enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ This a.m. was XT Cardio Leg blast! :wink: Always a good one. I opted for a fun/cardio for legs today. No workouts tonight & unfortunately I had to miss my noon Abs class due to filling in at our front desk unexpectedly :frown: So just the leg blast workout for today.

Thelma: Great job with Rockout Knockout yesterday! :smile: Especially with all the work stress going on and feeling the tireds ~ good on ya for giving it what you had. Sometimes it is just doing something & you feel better afterwards forsure. Hopefully tonight you get a better night sleep. I did see on the thread that you were down in weight! :drinker: Congrats. I’m sure your measurements will have changed in your 4 weeks ~ Definitely! You have been working so hard. Your hunger I’m sure is definitely from your new workouts and pushing yourself along with the stress.

Michelle: Glad to hear you guys made it through that storm! :noway: :smile: Yikes. Sorry to hear you are still suffering from those symptoms. I also remember Laurie last year having a similar situation. Are you thinking about going into your doctor just for a check-up?! Yes, I’m sure you can relate every single day of your life on the non-sleep. :frown: Being a busy mom, light sleeper, Mr. C moments and all that you have going on. My nights of DH snoring are probably nothing compared to yours.:embarassed:

Laurel: Fantastic job AGAIN friend ~ You are on fi-ya!!! :bigsmile: I love it that you went to the meeting and then came home and did another workout. Were you thinking about it at the meeting? :laugh: We have now acquired a good 6-8 inches of snow. It’s still snowing. So I know the weather specialists are very happy about this! I just know I enjoy the change of scenery and I know we need the moisture, especially in the mtns. The main roads are all plowed and sanded . . . side streets are a little tricky.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow :flowerforyou: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    30 days since I started doing MFP and my wonderful workout routine. I've been having a "fat" week. I've just felt fat probably because I could see on my scale that I wasn't going to lose one full lb this week. When I saw that I had only gone down .6 lbs I was being really hard on myself. Then it occurred to me that I've only been doing this for 30 days and that I've already lost 5.7 lbs. I thought THAT is pretty good! :smile:
    I also realized that I set an unrealistic goal in MFP for a weekly weight loss about of 1 1/2 lbs.

I had a great PT session tonight. We did back, biceps, abs and a few squats. I was able to do 20 minutes on the elliptical before my workout and I burned 597 calories which was great. Tomorrow I will do Lean Legs and Abs. I was also able to hold a plank for 1 1/2 minutes! That was awesome for me since I can't get past 1 minute
    We already planned our meals for next week and will go food shopping tomorrow.

Hi Michelle! I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get yourself checked by a doctor soon. I can't believe you got hit with the ice storm. That sounded awful! You're so lucky not to have lost power!
    I felt guilty for not giving the workout my all but it was really MUCH better than no workout at all.

Hi Laurel, thank you. I'm really excited that these past 4 weeks have extremely pretty well. 30 days ago I wasn't sure if I was going to last more than a few weeks!
    great workout combo today! I have that X10 DVD but I've yet to try it.
    Thank you on the weight loss and 4 week
    I used to tell myself years ago on those days when I didn't want to workout.: Remember how good you worked out on a day you didn't want to do it? So I totally understand what your instructor was saying.

Hi Tami, XT Cario Leg blast sounds like a nice workout. Sorry you missed your Ab class!
    Thanks on the weight lost and on getting myself moving when i didn't want to. I really felt much better when I was done.

I got on the scale at the gym and I was down 3 lbs. which is great! I sure hope my measurements have changed!
    I will be making a Mediterranean Quinoa salad on Sunday so I can take it for lunch for a few days.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My meeting this morning was canceled due to snow!! We don't have much but enough to delay work here on base. Anyhow, I got a good couple of workouts in. I started with Power Hour. I haven't done this one in awhile. I am trying to do more endurance-based total body workouts to contrast with the heavy weights of Meso 3. Suffice it to say, I prefer heavy weights. :blushing: But Power Hour flew by, so that was good. I followed it with the 66 minute premix from Party Rockin' Step 1.....but did the 'finished product' section (about 10 minutes) twice because I was having so much fun! Love that!

Tami, sorry to hear about the missed Abs class. That must have been frustrating. I bet the XT workout felt good, though. I am anxious to get back to that one soon! We only got a few inches of snow here last night, but they are predicting more for later today and tomorrow. But the mountains are getting hammered! Up to 3 feet of snow already in some places. And after being up there last weekend, I know they are so thankful to see it. Glad we aren't driving into the mountains this weekend but must admit I wish I had been able to see it looking all pretty and fresh like it does now.

Thelma, I think your weight loss is fantastic!! As you lose more and get closer to your goal, the weight loss will slow down (and 1/2 pound a is about what you can expect for the last 10lbs). At this stage, if you find that you hit a wall and stop losing for a few weeks in a row, you may need to increase your calories a bit. The body likes to hold on to a little weight so sometimes you have to trick it into getting rid of it by letting it know you really are taking care of it! Great job with the planks!!!

Hope you all enjoy the weekend!!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

The schools were delayed by 2 hours so the girls were able to sleep in this morning. After my coffee I got an early start with Slim Series, an 80 min circuit based routine that hits the full body. It was a great calorie burn as I only did 45 mins of Ballet Beautiful yesterday evening. Overall I feel well but Laurel mentioned fatigue and last week I could not get enough sleep and would crash untl late morning. During this timeframe I have also pulled away from "boxed" items" and have been sticking to proteins, veggies & some dairy. I have been neglecting my vitamins and relying on too much coffee, so this week I reduced coffee and asked hubby not tu use anymore sausages for breakfast. If this continues then I will go in for blood work late next week.

Thelma- Way to go on the weight loss and great workouts.:flowerforyou:

Laurel- The base here is finally back on schedule today but yesterday's sunshine melted all of the ice and last night low temps froze everything.:grumble: Now we have rain headed this way this weekend so it should be interesting.. Too funny on the repeat of the segment due to its fun factor.:laugh:

Tami- having a snorer is no fun so I feel for you but thank goodness hubby has been sleeping better since our mini vacation which means less snoring.:wink:

Have a great weekend!

Michelle