What delicious food are you allergic to?

Options

Replies

• MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    chocolate xoP
    It's funny coz I used to eat A LOT of chocolate.
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    bread
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am lucky that I am not allergic to any particular food...
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Melon, (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew,) Raw carrot, raw apple, avocado.

Those are some biggies. :(

* I can eat cooked carrots and apples all day long.

Oh MY Goodness! I have never heard of anyone having a melon allergy before! People think I'm crazy when I say I'm allergic to watermelon. Watermelon, cantaloupe/rockmelon, honeydew, grapefruit, strawberries and grapes are on my list of things to avoid.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Sounds like most of you are intolerant, not allergic. Too different things entirely.
  • rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used to be allergic to
    -tomatoes
    -any berry
    -bananas
    -eggs
    -milk
    My alllergy was so bad that if I went to the produce department I would get itchy throat and hives. Heaven forbid i touch or come in contact with any of the above!
    I gave up splenda and after about 6 months the allergies went away.
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    Oral allergy to Birch Pollen prevents me from safely eating the raw versions of apples, pears, peaches plums, cherries, apricots. If I was to bite into a raw apple, even washed thoroughly my lips swell up, my gums balloon and swell over my teeth and my throat swells to the point I can barely breath. I can eat these things canned or other wise cooked just fine though.

I didn't acquire an allergic reaction to tree fruit till I was in my early teens, it started out by biting into an apple like normal and my mouth went all numb and tingly, sort of like how when a body part falls asleep. It progressively got worse to where I am scared to even eat them raw. I hate the weird texture of canned fruits so I prefer the dried versions.

You have no idea how badly I miss biting into a crispy apple, a juicy apricot... Its almost depressing.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    shellfish =( one bite and i will be trowing up the rest of the day. Even worse i live in norway so we have lovely fishmarkets with lots and lots of good looking shellfish

Ugh, that must be so frustrating! My father and brother both have that allergy--fortunately it doesn't seem to strike the females in our family.

I have no food allergies (for which I'm very grateful), but my husband is allergic to mangoes. Fortunately it's not to the extent that I can't have them in the house, because I love them....
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Apples :( And especially now, in the summer, they look so juicy and delicious. That is the one I miss. It's actually a pollen allergy. I'm also allerigic to most raw fruits and veggies, which makes it a beast to lose weight. I can't snack on carrots or celery.

Ooohh, my sister has similar allergies!! Apples, carrots, celery, berries, nuts, etc. etc... it totally sucks!! :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one...I used to be able to eat all those things but I now can't eat apples, plums, nectarines, apricot, pears and most nuts raw...they have to be cooked :( booooo!!!
  • shootergirlnc
    shootergirlnc Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bananas. :(
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    NONE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Shellfish
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I aml severely allergic to mango.. It is adult onset, and has rapidly progressed from my tongue feeling funny to full anaphylaxis. Depressing, I know.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love poppy seed dressing but it makes me sick and irritates my kidneys. I wouldn't exactly call it an allergy, but I can't eat it so...
  • julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pizza, doughnuts, cake, pie, cookies, bread.....anything that contains gluten. Gluten free alternatives are just not very good and cost 4 times as much. If I eat gluten routinely, I could get cancer of the small intestine or lymph nodes. It sucks.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    lemons

Well it's really pretty much all citrus. oranges, tangerines, limes are so bad that if I pick one up my hand will swell up, grapefruits. artificial sweeteners trigger severe migraines, aloe, and latex. have a whole lot more but these are the ones I have to watch the most.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Only one.....chocolate.....sigh

Luckily it's not severe - I never knew I was allergic until I went through extensive allergy testing years ago.
  • m0jk
    m0jk Posts: 133
    Options
    chilli...pineapple... makes my lips and tongue swell , looks like ive got a pout on and a bit of a lisp :P my tongue gets red welts and splits burns.. i still have them now and then, i just have to have a mouth ful of milk and hold it in my mouth a long time until it conteracts the acid burn :D
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    My husband is allergic to peanuts, wheat, soy and CORN. Corn in some form is in everything, even some meats. Cooking is fun, absolutely no restaurants. He reacts with severe, debilitating migraines. My father-in-law is allergic to gluten, barley, garlic, malt, milk, mushrooms, mustard and yeast which means no sugar (honey, cane sugar, maple syrup, all fruit). He can have fake sugar but my husband can't. It's a fun time making family and holiday dinners. Especially when you add in my own and my son's dairy issues.
  • LoreleiEvil
    LoreleiEvil Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Cauliflower, Honey, Grapes, and Aspartame so anything diet, sugar-free and actually most beverages I get to avoid like the plague.

Honey allergy here too! I HATE IT. That poison is in everything it seems. Want to go whole grain? Good luck finding anything that doesn't have the Evil Bee Puke in it. Also allergic to fish, which is easier to work around. I'm sensitive to cantaloupe, but only certain types, but I stay away from it completely just to be safe.