What's your BIGGEST MISTAKE??

Options

Replies

• Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I inherited some Best Buy stock in the early 90's and sold it for around $15K (I'd never heard of it then and the broker told me the store was "like a Radio Shack out west" and nothing worth hanging on to. Fast forward 5-6 years later and suddenly Best Buy's start popping up all over the place- remembering the stock I sold I checked the then current price and the stock had exploded and would have been worth over $100K if I'd just hung on to it. That sucked.
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1. Going on a trip to India with my mom and brother when i was 11, leaving my recovering alcoholic dad alone (had to stay for business, was planning to fly there in two weeks) . It took him 1 week to drink himself to death.
    2. Picking a major that I hated because my family wanted me to.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Waiting several years until I went to college. Everybody my age with a teaching degree has a teaching job. I, having just graduated, have a teaching degree, with a low paying data entry job living in a state where they just cut $200 million from the education budget.

Regret #2... getting a history degree. 50k in debt and my only useful skills are writing term papers. I won't even be able to go back and get a masters any time soon because I'm too poor paying off the bachelors degree!!

Bitter? No...
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Getting married.
    Thinking I could cruise thru uni as I did at school.
    Being too afraid of confrontation!
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    all the in n out cheeseburgers and animal fries. no joke. lol
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Letting myself hate myself, so much, for so long.

That **** wasn't worth it. There was no reason for it.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Working at McDonald's for 3 years. I put on almost 30 lbs! It did look good on my employment record that I had stuck out a job for that long that most people quit within months so I ended up getting a good job after that lol
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I volunteered for a special training detail that ended in a job offer that I refused. but the job was to do horrible things for a government agency that I cannot mention. the things I was put through during training still haunt me
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of getting married, but thankfully it was cured (albeit the cure was very expensive).
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from. I would have to say breaking my husband's heart before we got married. I left hIm when I got pregnant with our first child for 9 months. He reminds me every chance he gets. Oh and gaining 56 pounds.
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    Mine is that I didn't take school seriously in high school and I'm now 27 and in my freshmen year of college.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Not taking the blue pill.

I know what you're thinking, 'cause right now I'm thinking the same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it ever since I got here: Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill?

In seriousness, mine are too many to list. But weight is the biggest and what it has done to my health.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I woulda finished college!!
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Staying with my ex husband for 9 years when he was physically abusive and cheating on me the whole time. I thought he would change or maybe i thought he would want to change. But without him i wouldnt know how strong i am or have the most amazing kids!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Giving up...
  • bschultz0
    bschultz0 Posts: 3
    Options
    I brought along a non-criminal friend to a hold up, and he ratted me out first chance he got.
    I spent 2 years in Juvenile Prison.
    Anyway, know your associates before trusting them with the things in life that could get you popped with a felony.
    Lesson Learned!:drinker:

Or just don't do felony acts in the first place.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I don't really regret any of my mistakes because they make me who I am today.

I feel that way, too. I'm not proud of some of the things I did, but I wouldn't change a thing, because that would change where I am today. "All things work together for good to those who love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Rom 8:28) God is so clever, he can even use our mistakes for his glory and our benefit.
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Partying my way right out of university. I had a full ride that I basically gave away for booze and drugs. :frown:

I'm right there with you minus the full ride. I basically had a very expensive party going on for a few years.

:( me too i had a little too much fun in University, and it was expensive - very!!
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I stole my dad's credit cards and spent 500 dollars on online things when I was 13 years old or so. I refused to tell him the truth and it kind of damaged his trust for me.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Not taking care of myself and letting myself go the way I have.