Question for Ladies: Big Muscles or Lean & Cut

Options
12345679»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I dunno... whatever... my guy looks a lot like you. (well, your body, not your face)
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    Your perfect! :)
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The buffer the better!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I dont think it matters-depends on the guy and what works for him. For me I couldnt be doing with one of those scary bodybuilding types who are massive though. Firstly they tend to be a bit too into it and lets be honest surely no girl wants to date a guy with bigger boobs than her... :)

Haha ... love it! I also don't want to date a guy who is *prettier* than I am. Taking the manscaping a bit too far these days!
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    There are as many answers to this question as there are women on the planet. What's important is that you are both healthier and happy with your progress. I think Adam Levine is sexxy as hell ["yoga guy"]. I also think Tay Diggs is gorgeous. The two men couldn't be more different. Caucasian/lean/tattoed ... Black/shorter/thicker/gorgeous white smile.

If a woman likes you only for your look, keep walking. Seriously! That being said, I do tend to like the long, lean look, but with a rotten personality it really wouldn't matter either way.

Kudos on your progress! :)
  • MizzTatiana
    MizzTatiana Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really matter as long as it's porportionate! But as a general note: some of the really bulky guys make you think "that's too much!" However I've never seen a lean n cut man and said, "he needs more!"
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My personal preference is a guy with a lot of upper body strength. My husband is jacked, military, 27 years. Now he's retired due to physical disabilities but I still prefer a guy with meat on his bones over a rack of skin & bones. I'm in no way inferring that you are too skinny btw.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Why is this an either/or? In my experience, both type have to beat the women off with a stick. Here's the real tip: most women aren't that attracted to the type of guy that *worries* about what type of guy women like. They'll smell that lack of self confidence across the room, and all the Drakkar in the world won't cover it up. Don't worry about being what they want and be what you want.

Do you, and somebody will Do You.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think you get more attention bc you shaved the bleached blonde tuft of hair off. now you are shaved AND smokin'. nice job!
  • stronggirl69
    Options
    I love strong arms & chest...does not matter the size. But I am not a big fan of super tight tummies...when I rest my head on a man I like a tummy to have some give. Just not comfy with rock hard abs. Oh & I like men to have some hair on his chest, not the smooth 12 yr. old boy look some guys do.
  • TMSHOE2010
    Options
    Lean and Cut...
  • Ltrautman80
    Ltrautman80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Some muscle is ok, but muscles, like on a body builder is way too much for me.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    You know...I think about this topic every once in awhile (and all the hundreds of others like it of course)...and it's coming to be my experience that even though women love to LOOK at abs and cut muscles...they aren't the thing that drives initial attraction (unless you live near and frequent some large body of water...most guys wear shirts in public, and all you see is arms really), or even overall attraction. A decent set of shoulders, nice arms, and a reasonable chest...all of which make even a moderately large waist look trim...are what's going to get a guy the most attention. This is why so many guys ate the gym skip leg day lol...or only have one a week.

In my profile picture here...I've still got a 37" waist. It should be down around 32" or so, possibly even 30" for my height. But not one person has even noticed.

37" waist...5'7" tall, 20% or so bodyfat. And no one notices.

So, to the OP...my suggestion is just lift heavy...if you're very thin, eat at a moderate surplus. If you're bigger, eat at a moderate deficit or maintenance. Your body will come around (amazingly quickly if your lifting program is good and simple)...and once you get to a nice middle ground and bodyfat...you can focus on YOUR goals. I promise at that point there will be plenty of women attracted to your particular natural body type.

silly...most women are attracted to a smile in a man's eyes..or stars...a love for life, living. Why am I even posting....

Because you always have the most wonderful things to say lol?

Honestly though...some women? I'll agree completely. But I wouldn't even go as far as to say 'most'...or even 'many' :). If that was the case...well, things would be a LOT different for all of the slightly overweight guys that are incredible people...but can't get a date to save their lives you know?

What's wrong with the things I say? Are you being good or sarcastic there? :(
    And why are we discussing this in a thread?

It was an absolute compliment...you asked why you were posting, I replied with the fact that you always have wonderful things to say :).
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    #1 I prefer a guy who has an even muscle tone. A guy who has huge muscle on his upper body and scrawny legs...awkward looking.

#2 buff is good, ridiculously big not so much.

My only suggestion for you physique as I see it in your pic, work up your pecs a small bit, you otherwise look fab on your front torso.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    It was an absolute compliment...you asked why you were posting, I replied with the fact that you always have wonderful things to say :).

smiles work better than lols. ;)