Walking With Pedometers

Options

Replies

• Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I have been in somewhat of a slump but decided to do something about it today. I walked 9.33 miles today, and took 21, 342 steps. No DVDs, all steps were taken at the playground earlier today with my dog and walking at a brisk pace on my treadmill. :happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I came home last night from Thanksgiving dinner at 10 PM and was about to post that I had the lowest step count in months when I realized that hubby was busy at the other computer (he signed a new associate for his business while we were at dinner) so I turned on the last part of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and did my own version Leslie Sansone's "Walk and Jog" to the music in the parade (I fast forwarded through the talking) and ended up with over 11,000 steps before I went to bed :bigsmile:

Pes, you inspired me to get away from the computer and get up and walk, thank you.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Barb, a big congratulations as you've made goal! Very impressive as it speaks to your determination and stick-to-itive-ness. It also makes me feel good that I can be an inspiration at times as you have been a tremendous inspiration to me and others. (BTW, I love the new avatar.)

Tonight was just over 8 miles. 2.1 miles leisurely walking (yes it was at an overcrowded mall), 3 miles brisk pace 4% incline on treadmill and 3 miles using Leslie Sansone's "Walk Your Belly Flat." :drinker:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I tried to post last night but maintenance was being performed on the site. I did 2 miles of leisurely walking and 2 miles using a Leslie Sansone DVD, for a 5-mile total.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: Good Morning, Pes, It looks like everybody else has vanished. I tried to post last night and I was supposed to start the new thread for women ages 50+ and got stopped by the site being down, then our internet was down when I got up, then we had a meeting to go to, and I finally got a chance to get back on MFP.

Now we have company. gotta go
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Pes, I went to visit family for Thanksgiving. I didn't do a lot that day, but walked for several hours in a mall the next two days. Getting back in my regular routine again now! Trying some interval training where I keep changing intensity!:happy: Have the rest of a great day!:bigsmile:
  • SusyC
    SusyC Posts: 68
    Options
    Last week went pretty well. I didn't lose, but, I didn't gain! Well, I lost 2 kidney stones, but that's another story ...

I walked on my treadmill nearly every day. My goal has been a minimum of 2 miles, but, prefer 3-4. I stuck with it most of last week, even with 5 extra house guests for the entire week, and cooking for Thanksgiving! My average was 2.25 miles per day on my treadmill, at a 4% incline. Not bad, given the holiday and all.

So, it's back to the grindstone this week with the meals.

I'm a little discouraged because I had my weight at 180, but, when I went to the doctor today, their scale said 187. I realize I was dressed and it was late morning, rather than first thing in the morning when I weigh at home, and every scale is different, but still. Seeing that old familiar number 187 was like hitting me with a brick. Ugh! I've lost what I've lost, regardless of the scale I use, so I'm trying to be positive. Still .... I hate that old number! That was 7 pounds ago!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: two miles with Leslie, 45 minute walk with the dogs at the dog park (at one point there were six poodles playing together, too cute :bigsmile: ), lots of dog walking on the hill, and 20 minutes on the exercise bike....I'll be at 14,000 steps by the time I go to bed :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Hello,
    I wanted to let you know I haven't checked out. I got some good walking in the day after turkey day plus I went to Zumba that saturday. But since Sunday I haven't been feeling my best. So this week I haven't really done anything. But you guys keep up the good work!!!
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I have to get on the ball. I feel so far behind,only walked 2 miles today. Attended Weight Watchers tonight and lost .8 lbs. in two weeks. That's unacceptable, I will be in WW forever at this rate. I hope to do better tomorrow. (At least I didn't gain!)
  • barbiecat
    Options
    over 16000 steps today and almost an hour on the exercise bike plus dog park and line dance
    all needed to burn off the chicken curry with rice at the Vietnamese restaurant for lunch today.

I bought a new scale today and I'll probably weigh a few pounds high tomorrow after all the sodium today.:laugh: :laugh:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    Only did 11,000 steps. While not up to par,better than yesterday.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    YEAH! Finally, I was able to put in 8.5 miles today, most of which was on my treadmill for 95 minutes at a 3% incline. I hope to do as well tomorrow. Where is everyone? Hopefully enjoying their weekend. Hope to hear from you soon.:drinker:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I'm still here........I'm staying over 14,000 steps a day .YIPPEE...I guess I'm so busy walking that I don't post enough.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    This was a 7.2 mile day with 1.2 miles of leisure walking, another 3 miles completed using Leslie Sansone DVDs, and I just got off of the treadmill after a brisk 48 minute walk. Talk to you tomorrow.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I did my walking yesterday going shopping, walking dogs, riding the exercise bike and generally rushing around.....Leslie and I never got together to walk :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: even so i got 13475 steps:smile:

Today is my cleanse day , it snowed last night, and the wind is howling so I'm likely to be staying indoors and taking it easy.

My shopping yesterday was successful...I tried on pants in a smaller size and they fit but I didn't like the style so I just bought a sweater (red with a snowflake design, and made from 50% animal fiber----wool and alpaca :bigsmile: )

Enjoy your Sunday.
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I walked 16,583 steps or 7.3 miles today. Almost all walking was done on treadmill, except for a couple of short walks with my dog. It's cold out there!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: cold weather and cleanse day combined to keep me somewhat sedentary and indoors but I got the 11,000 steps I needed to put a sticker on my calendar.......the last 500 steps were jogging while watching figure skating on TV......hubby has gotten much more tolerant about me bouncing around in the living room while we watch TV :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Peschuntz
    Options
    I walked a total of 19,166 steps today or over 8.5 miles. 3.5 miles were spent walking around a college campus and 5 miles were completed using my treadmill. (Not too shabby!):smokin:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    How is everyone?? It appears all are doing well and I'm so glad:flowerforyou: I haven't fallen off the planet - I tried something new for the last month and a week. I haven't posted since 10/30!! I can't believe it! I was doing 30 day Shred on another thread (hey, that rhymes) and it's taken me longer than the "prescribed" 30 days , LOL!! I think it's going to end up being more like a 40 day shred:laugh: Great w/o and I've lost inches and not so many pounds but I feel a whole lot stronger. I'm going to start my walking back up and I'll be back checking in with you ladies. I love my new sneaks (sketchers walking shoes) I wear them all the time and I have happy feet!
    I love all the new pics of everyone ~ they make me smile. Just wanted to check in with you all and see how everyone is doing.
    So far today ... 2,269... a low morning. I'm giong to be like Lashawn and run around the office or something.
    Check you all later,
    Janet:heart: