So sad with what I saw today I wanted to cry

Options

Replies

• johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I understand you wanting to cry. BUT! I also look at them and want to scream at them.... "You can do it! Don't give up!!" I think about about how many of us has been there and we have done it. I look at people exercising no matter their weight/ size and think.. AWESOME!! One never knows the story.

The thinnest leanest person has a story- we never know if it's one from a larger size or not. I want to cheer ALL on to say... YOU CAN DO IT!! DON'T GIVE UP!! IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I like pie.

I do too. Sadly we don't have any... I had a brownie though, it was yummy.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I like pie.

It's impossible to argue with pie!
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I guess it's sad that she was struggling but it's so great that she is working on her health and making progress ... so, it's not really a sad thing in my opinion.

Congrats on all that you've achieved!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

that's just a ridiculous comparison and I think you might just be arguing for arguments sake if you seriously responded to me with that... and to answer with an equally ridiculous answer yea if someone wants to be a tweak to lose weight is it any of your business, no. I'm pretty sure you don't walk up to the obviously high prostitutes on the street and tell them what they are doing is unhealthy. And do you know why, because it's their life and choice to make not yours.

back to my original point - do what works for you and stop discouraging people from doing what works for them just because you have a different point of view :drinker:

i said it wasnt the same thing. my point was that people are trying to be helpful and point out unhealthy behavior. shame on you for trying to make it seem like its ok.

and who is talking about prostitutes?
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You know I had a feeling you were going to say that. You sound very determined, I'll give you that. And I agree that what you eat or don't eat is none of anyone's business. What's happening here I think is that people are showing concern for you because the amount you eat sounds low. Another person who posted said that its between you and your doctor. She's absolutely correct. However, when you put yourself out there, people care and will respond with honesty.

I put my diary out there because I know I can defend what I do. I'm not trying to hide from you or anyone else because I believe in what I'm doing and the way I'm doing it. It works for me and I'm happy with my results. And if this is the way they show concern for someone then I'd hate to see how they criticise. Don't fool yourself, it's not concern. It's they know more than anyone else. It sounds low because it is low and it is low because I chose to go about MY lifestyle change in this manner. Others go about their lifestyle change in the way they chose to do so.
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, who is eating only 700 calories and how was this found out.

MORE IMPORTANTLY

who cares? Let people do what they feel works for them, and do what works for you. nobody asked anyone to approve their diet in this thread. If there is an issue with someones diet I am sure they have a doctor to tell them so and I am sure you are not him/her. Regardless, we are here to encourage and inspire weight loss not attack those with a different method (or opinion on whats healthy)

seriously people, lets keep our noses where they belong, on our face not in other peoples business
    My thought exactly

While I agree that it was poor form to ruin a positive thread to ***** about her diary, it is terribly unhealthy for a large person to be eating that tiny amount of food. In some ways, a bad choice can be a good thing for everyone overall. The scale may be moving quickly but the potential damage to her body and metabolism are definitely a concern. Of course, she wasn't asking for advice so it would have been best to just leave it alone.
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    you could reread this statement to yourself

I actually didn't call anyone an "idiot"... Name-calling is silly. We can agree to disagree, but we can also have an argument on the internet without being "idiots". The OP decided to use her "I'm so sad for fat people" post to talk about her low calorie diet, so why is anyone surprised that people took notice?

Didn't say you did, but clearly you think OP is because she doesn't agree with you. You seem to me, to be a very vicious person. I don't like vicious people who hide behind a monitor to say backhanded comments just to boost their own self confidence.

To OP and all the others here actually trying to be *supportive* I applaud you and respect you
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    I understand you wanting to cry. BUT! I also look at them and want to scream at them.... "You can do it! Don't give up!!" I think about about how many of us has been there and we have done it. I look at people exercising no matter their weight/ size and think.. AWESOME!! One never knows the story.

The thinnest leanest person has a story- we never know if it's one from a larger size or not. I want to cheer ALL on to say... YOU CAN DO IT!! DON'T GIVE UP!! IT WILL BE WORTH IT!!

I should have gotten out of the car and walked with her. She has a story, maybe next time I see her I will find out what it is
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options

that's just a ridiculous comparison and I think you might just be arguing for arguments sake if you seriously responded to me with that... and to answer with an equally ridiculous answer yea if someone wants to be a tweak to lose weight is it any of your business, no. I'm pretty sure you don't walk up to the obviously high prostitutes on the street and tell them what they are doing is unhealthy. And do you know why, because it's their life and choice to make not yours.

back to my original point - do what works for you and stop discouraging people from doing what works for them just because you have a different point of view :drinker:

i said it wasnt the same thing. my point was that people are trying to be helpful and point out unhealthy behavior. shame on you for trying to make it seem like its ok.

haha just showing you how crazy your post sounded to me!
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    :grumble: I seriously don't understand if you are on MFP, using MFP, and then get on MFP Forums to argue against basically MFP. It makes me scratch my head. You are using a system that sets you at a deficiet and then tells you to eat back your exercise calories but then you get on forums to argue about the very system you are using. :huh:
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    you could reread this statement to yourself

I actually didn't call anyone an "idiot"... Name-calling is silly. We can agree to disagree, but we can also have an argument on the internet without being "idiots". The OP decided to use her "I'm so sad for fat people" post to talk about her low calorie diet, so why is anyone surprised that people took notice?

Didn't say you did, but clearly you think OP is because she doesn't agree with you. You seem to me, to be a very vicious person. I don't like vicious people who hide behind a monitor to say backhanded comments just to boost their own self confidence.

To OP and all the others here actually trying to be *supportive* I applaud you and respect you
    Thanks
  • Cougarita65
    Cougarita65 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have never had that much extra weight on my body,I have lost 45 lbs, but when I see someone struggling with extra weight like that my heart breaks for them,I feel so helpless, I know they're suffering & I have no way to help them & I know some people are mean to them on top of everything else they're struggling with.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

crazy? im not the one defending 500,600, 700 cal diets.
  • tmauck4472
    Options
    Romans and Lovely

I love you guys :happy: You guys seriously rock

Everyone who agrees with me rocks, and anyone who doesn't is an idiot who will believe whatever they want to believe

History of the Internet, Part I
    Let's all go out for some sea weed wrapped tofu dipped in celery juice.....:flowerforyou:
    Done here.....

CaCa, nasty stuff there

and I thought you were done a long time ago?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I seriously don't understand if you are on MFP, using MFP, and then get on MFP Forums to argue against basically MFP. It makes me scratch my head. You are using a system that sets you at a deficiet and then tells you to eat back your exercise calories but then you get on forums to argue about the very system you are using. :huh:

Clearly it's not being used properly.

My fear with calorie totals like that, is an eating disorder. And I think the people who are displaying concern have no ulterior motive, it's just concern for one who is starving their body.
    Furthermore in my opinon those who try and justify such a drastically low diet, are probably doing the same damage to their body.
    To each their own. But there are many including myself comfortable with saying "that's not really healthy or ok"
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options

Myfitnesspal is a website with a variety of nutritional and fitness oriented tools to help people achieve their goals. There is an app for people to use on their phones, trackers for macros, calories consumed and burned. There are forums for support and debate. There is a community to help people succeed and keep coming back to the site.

You don't have to use all the features to benefit or improve health, and be more fit. And you don't have to do everything exactly the same way as someone else. Its not overeaters anonymous where there is very little room for individuality in choices.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Romans and Lovely

I love you guys :happy: You guys seriously rock

Everyone who agrees with me rocks, and anyone who doesn't is an idiot who will believe whatever they want to believe

History of the Internet, Part I

:flowerforyou:
  • tmauck4472
    Options

crazy? im not the one defending 500,600, 700 cal diets.

I'm not defending them either, I'm defending mine. I tell people you should not do what I'm doing. But doesn't mean I can't support a friend who is doing her own thing. We all do what we do for us, not for you.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Obesity is a thief of life and its fullness.

Anyone making consistent efforts to change and to achieve better health and happiness is doing a great thing for themselves. :)

^^^This i love this, its so true and exactly how i feel, being morbidly obese myself at one point and the fight I've had to claim my body back!