What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    'Cause it's no secret I'm fat, and was fatter. I just don't see any shame in it.

It's kinda like when you run into your neighbor at "Castle Boutique" (if you know what that is) . . . if they see you there, well... now you have something in common!!!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Because I wanted to show off my progress :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    *Shrugs* Didn't really give it much thought. I'm not embarrassed to be here.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I could careless who happens to find me on here :-)

200% AGREE!

^^ this. I want to look back and see how far I've come. x
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Although this picture is from 2009, it is one of my favorite pictures of myself. I had just stepped off the bus from Afghanistan and got to see my son on his second birthday. I hadn't seen him or my wife for seven months and I am sure the happiness can be seen on my face.

However, I am looking to change it soon since I am approaching my goal weight.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Because I'm hot. :devil:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    so my friends can recognize me in the feed.
    so i can see my progress change
    to give a giggle now and then
    to express myself as an individual
    to be a pop of color or light
    to remind myself to smile
    to see the small changes each time I put up a new one
    to be easier to recognize

because im not another faceless statistic with no identity in an ocean of people, 90% of which are doing it wrong and drowning.

I couldn't say it any better myself.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:

This, lol. Plus I am extremely proud of my hard work & accomplishments.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I really don't have anything to hide. Also, I think it helps form more personal relationships with the people I connect with.
    This.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like to put faces to names, and I'm not ashamed of what I look like. I may not be the ripped, thin, underwear model, but that's not who I want to be. So why not show who I am?
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    because I'm a total attention *kitten*

/sarcasm

*shrugs* iono, just seemed like the thing to do
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

This.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't judge and I don't expect to be judged. When I friend someone on MFP, I like to see who my new friend is, so I offer the same courtsey to anyone who may want to friend me. =)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    because if i tried describing myself without a picture, the world would be in trouble lol

In all seriousness though, i was fatter then what i am now, I have never been a camera shy person, and one day i'm hoping to look good as i picture it, and besides, what better way to show off achievements and progress then with pictures?

i'm not tiny, but that picture is me after my first 5k, and i look a lot better then what i did when i was at 243 :)
    <
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I couldn't careless who happens to find me on here :-)

^^^ TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! :love:
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    So that people would see that I am a real person and the progress that I have made throughout this journey :)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I didn't want people to make assumptions on how I look only to be severely disappointed when they did finally see a picture of me. :tongue:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't say anything online that I wouldn't say in person. Even without a picture or your real name, it is possible for people to figure out who belongs to an online identity. Therefore, I am not saying anything with this profile that would get me in trouble. I am more open about certain things, mostly medical conditions, than I normally am, but embarrassment and getting fired are different.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My photos make me accountable for my body being the way it is and are a constant reminder that I need to keep going
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    What gave you the confidence to post a pic of yourself on a website for the world to see? I don't think I could do that. I'm from a small place where everyone is always in your business. Why don't you care who sees that you're on mfp? I'm curious!

Maybe I'm missing something here but how would people you know find your pictures on here? Assuming you are not using your full name and just a screen name?

Also, you can opt to have only friends on MFP view your profile pics and have the active one be an inspirational or funny picture if you're shy about it. So, you can customize how your pictures are seen.

Having at least one or two current pics is a nice way for people to identify with you and get to know you.