What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    'Cause it's no secret I'm fat, and was fatter. I just don't see any shame in it.

It's kinda like when you run into your neighbor at "Castle Boutique" (if you know what that is) . . . if they see you there, well... now you have something in common!!!
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Because I wanted to show off my progress :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    *Shrugs* Didn't really give it much thought. I'm not embarrassed to be here.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I could careless who happens to find me on here :-)

200% AGREE!

^^ this. I want to look back and see how far I've come. x
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Although this picture is from 2009, it is one of my favorite pictures of myself. I had just stepped off the bus from Afghanistan and got to see my son on his second birthday. I hadn't seen him or my wife for seven months and I am sure the happiness can be seen on my face.

However, I am looking to change it soon since I am approaching my goal weight.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Because I'm hot. :devil:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    so my friends can recognize me in the feed.
    so i can see my progress change
    to give a giggle now and then
    to express myself as an individual
    to be a pop of color or light
    to remind myself to smile
    to see the small changes each time I put up a new one
    to be easier to recognize

because im not another faceless statistic with no identity in an ocean of people, 90% of which are doing it wrong and drowning.

I couldn't say it any better myself.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:

This, lol. Plus I am extremely proud of my hard work & accomplishments.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I really don't have anything to hide. Also, I think it helps form more personal relationships with the people I connect with.
    This.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like to put faces to names, and I'm not ashamed of what I look like. I may not be the ripped, thin, underwear model, but that's not who I want to be. So why not show who I am?
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    because I'm a total attention *kitten*

/sarcasm

*shrugs* iono, just seemed like the thing to do
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

This.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I don't judge and I don't expect to be judged. When I friend someone on MFP, I like to see who my new friend is, so I offer the same courtsey to anyone who may want to friend me. =)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    because if i tried describing myself without a picture, the world would be in trouble lol

In all seriousness though, i was fatter then what i am now, I have never been a camera shy person, and one day i'm hoping to look good as i picture it, and besides, what better way to show off achievements and progress then with pictures?

i'm not tiny, but that picture is me after my first 5k, and i look a lot better then what i did when i was at 243 :)
    <
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I couldn't careless who happens to find me on here :-)

^^^ TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! :love:
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    So that people would see that I am a real person and the progress that I have made throughout this journey :)
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I didn't want people to make assumptions on how I look only to be severely disappointed when they did finally see a picture of me. :tongue:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't say anything online that I wouldn't say in person. Even without a picture or your real name, it is possible for people to figure out who belongs to an online identity. Therefore, I am not saying anything with this profile that would get me in trouble. I am more open about certain things, mostly medical conditions, than I normally am, but embarrassment and getting fired are different.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My photos make me accountable for my body being the way it is and are a constant reminder that I need to keep going
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

*closes account*