What made you decide to post a profile pic of yourself?

Options

Replies

• muadeeb
    muadeeb Posts: 91
    Options
    Because ive spent that last 7 years hiding from the world, why the hell should i hide from people ill never meet....guess its time to come out of my shell, one step at a time.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Because this site has has an upload image button. Besides, I think most people like to see who they are friends with on here. And you have privacy options on here, like facebook, if you don't want the whole site to see your face...
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to hide and I am not self-impotant enough to think anyone is looking for me or cares that I watch what I eat.

Besides, if they find me, are they not in the same place that they found me? Hmmmm....ponder that. :wink:

I remember this issue from my racy photo days "OMG you posted a picture!!!" My reply; "OMG, You looked at it!"
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people see I am on here...why would I mind? Its not a cross dressing dog fetish site is it?

*closes account*

HEY!!! 301 is my number!!! :sad:
  • sarahphina
    sarahphina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it doesnt matter who sees you on here as we are all here for the same reason. if you find someone that knows you on here it just may help the process and have another person to connect with and share a common goal. no need to hide who you are its time we enbrace who we are and share the road to happiness and healthy lives together
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Loving yourself is one of the keys to getting a handle on who YOU are. I mean yes, I want to lose weight and yes I need to lose weight, but I'm also confident that I'm beautiful regardless of what anyone else thinks. So POST THAT picture and shake off the insecurities. =) Everyone here should be in it for motivation and support, not to bring others down.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't ever post photos of myself on the internet, except facebook, and never as a profile photo. I wouldn't do it on FB either except my family is far away.

Its not a confidence or hiding issue. Some people just respect their privacy more than others.

How is it more personal to show a headless photo, a myspace angle that is way more attractive than you are or a photo of your back muscles? I get it for people who like to show off but it's silly for those who say it's to connect better with their MFP friends.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I didn't post a pic of myself for a long time because I was insecure about not being attractive but I finally decided what I look like is what I look like. If someone doesn't like what I look like, then don't look at my pic. I do change my profile pic pretty often but for now it's a picture of me again.
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Because I'm awesome. lol
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    What she said ^^
  • Foxness
    Foxness Posts: 6
    Options
    So I can show off my progress (and baby belly!) to others working on the simmilar goals. I am proud of myself, why not post a picture?
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Because I am great, and I think my friends deserve to see my greatness.:bigsmile:

Pretty much this.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    To remind me how far I have come and how far I still have to go.

So my MFP friends can see who they are talking to.

I always hated having my photo taken but now I am a complete attention wh*re I take photos of myself all the time, most are too personal to put on here but I am keeping a progress album. I also can't walk past a mirror now without going OMG I am actually doing this!!! :happy:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    It never occurred to me to NOT post a picture/pictures of myself.

This.

This
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Why would you care? Mfp is about bettering yourself and you should be proud of that.
  • third_time_lucky
    third_time_lucky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i have had pictures of my kids to inspire me,
    picture of my art work as people i spoke to about work kept asking questions about how i make a living with a ball point pen haha
    i had a picture of myself at the weight i want to get back to to keep my moving but i decided that everyone would asume that was me now, so i posted a more recent one lol
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've only had 2 comments on my pictures since I began in April: both were very polite and complimentary. No flirting or hookups, just a genuine compliment. It made my day better to know that other people were nice enough to stop and send me a positive message.
  • timmy2strikes
    timmy2strikes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am trying to better myself, so I couldn't careless who happens to find me on here :-)

I totally agree and can I just say that you are BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    because im proud of my accomplishment... and keeps me going to look better and feel better about my self... also how drop dead i'll be looking for when my hubby comes home
    > (military) :tongue: