Freakin Deadlifts

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    1RM today. 375 lbs (@ 158 body weight). I really thought I was gonna pull 400, but nope, that didn't happen.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    1RM today. 375 lbs (@ 158 body weight). I really thought I was gonna pull 400, but nope, that didn't happen.

AWESOME! That's you're first 1rm attempt yeah?

I only just found this thread. This was my latest deadlift PB. 200kg (440bs) from 2.5" deficit. 205kg got stuck mid shin. Got a comp in a month and hoping to pull 210kg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3TPlNwnAY&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=2&feature=plcp
  • taso42
    Options

AWESOME! That's you're first 1rm attempt yeah?

I only just found this thread. This was my latest deadlift PB. 200kg (440bs) from 2.5" deficit. 205kg got stuck mid shin. Got a comp in a month and hoping to pull 210kg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk3TPlNwnAY&list=UUg5G7qUcxNgCaJQhiIxr3sA&index=2&feature=plcp

Awesome work! You're an inspiration.

And yep, today was my first true (non-calculated) 1RM attempts. Humbling experience :)
  • taso42
    Options
    Pulled 315lbs for 4.5 reps today...that last rep was soooo close.

Funny story though (sort of)...I was just about to let the weight down anyhow...when some asshat walked up and started asking me how many sets I had left.

Yes, with 6 plates on the bar and me 2/3 of the way up.

I set the weight down, and straight up ignored him like he didn't exist until I was done...at which point I said 'none'.

Just saw this. Nice set. And my gawd, what an asshat. Kudos to you for staying in the zone instead of dropping the bar and going off on him.
  • chrisdavey
    Options

Awesome work! You're an inspiration.

And yep, today was my first true (non-calculated) 1RM attempts. Humbling experience :)

Thanks mate :smile:

Got to learn to fail to improve psychologically I reckon. (more so for squats though)
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Y'all are inspirational! Seriously.

I did 195 on Friday and it's starting to get a little heavy. I go up to 205 tomorrow.

I'm 6'4". Is that enough to use the tall guy excuse? :wink:
  • chrisdavey
    Options

Yep.

Although, it is all about lever lengths not just height. arm length to torso to legs. People with long arms in relation to their torso will have it a bit easier.
  • rustled
    rustled Posts: 2
    Options
    forget deads acquire squats. to proper depth.

brb never walking again.
  • taso42
    Options

brb never walking again.

forget neither. both work together in synergy.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    New PR on rack deadlifts today (pins just below knees). worked up to a 5th set and did 605x6.

Actually, I beat this PR a year ago but I stopped doing them for a while and have been working back up again.

NOTHING feels better than deadlift PR's
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    New PR on rack deadlifts today (pins just below knees). worked up to a 5th set and did 605x6.

Actually, I beat this PR a year ago but I stopped doing them for a while and have been working back up again.

Great work man!
  • mmapags
    Options

brb never walking again.

forget neither. both work together in synergy.

This^^^^
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I do them but I hate them. I do 305 for reps.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

Yep.

Although, it is all about lever lengths not just height. arm length to torso to legs. People with long arms in relation to their torso will have it a bit easier.

This^^ My 6'5" hubbie has a long torso and arms in proportion to his legs. Deadlift is his best and easiest lift because he only has about 30degrees of movement from gripping the bar to fully opened hips.

I love deads, but not as much as squats.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Awesome man...seriously.

What's the difference in effect between from the floor, and on the rack? I was looking at a new gym recently, and the guy showing me the place was talking about how he lifts from the rack as well.

I've been doing mine from the floor.

By the way...since adopting deads, I freaking LOVE that my back is just slightly sore for like three days after lol. Just enough so that I can feel the muscles moving.

It's an awesome feeling.
  • sjohnny
    Options

DIOS MIO! That's awesome.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    .... I freaking LOVE that my back is just slightly sore for like three days after lol. Just enough so that I can feel the muscles moving.

It's an awesome feeling.

Indeed
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    rack pulls are good if you are having trouble locking out. (as are heavy rows/chins)
  • Golfin4fun
    Golfin4fun Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 148 pounds and just did 220 x 5 Deadlift on my 11th week of STRONGLIFTS, LOVE it.

I'm also 49 years young
  • mmapags
    Options
    I'm 5'6" 148 pounds and just did 220 x 5 Deadlift on my 11th week of STRONGLIFTS, LOVE it.

I'm also 49 years young

Very nice! I'm am 12 years older than you but 50 lbs heavier and that's where I am right now with my DL's.