Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Well im a happy bunny today, jumped on the scales this morning not expecting any loss again and hoping for no gain and it had dropped 4lbs!!!!!! This week ive also lost an inch off my waist and 1.5 inch off my hips. I also got a loss of just under an inch off each thigh, though not sure if i measured in the right place or im just not seeing it! Shame my calves cant trim down!

Hope it stays like this as it makes me one happy person lol

Getting nervous about month 2 now! Only a few days away! Will do fit test on last day of this week, though think the results may not be that true with not being able to go full out, we'll see.

OMG I'm so happy for you! Those are fantastic results!!! Don't be nervous about Month 2...you'll be surprised at how much stronger you are and how much you'll be able to do in the longer workouts. Yes you will die and you will sweat more and you will wonder how the heck you're going to make it through the 3rd set BUT...I know you'll adapt and will soon be kicking butt on those workouts as well!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks telcochik!

No im not a coach, i ask because i saw on facebook that someone had borrowed insanity from a friend and wanted a shirt, a lady replied saying she was a coach and its not to late and to sign up to her page for free. I was just wondering if this is true? I too have borrowed the set as there's no way i could afford it myself yet but thinking of asking for a birthday or xmas pressie as i love it so much lol
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thanks telcochik!

No im not a coach, i ask because i saw on facebook that someone had borrowed insanity from a friend and wanted a shirt, a lady replied saying she was a coach and its not to late and to sign up to her page for free. I was just wondering if this is true? I too have borrowed the set as there's no way i could afford it myself yet but thinking of asking for a birthday or xmas pressie as i love it so much lol

The only way to get the shirt is if you purchased Insanity from BB because when you send your before/after results and pics in you also need to demonstrate that you bought the program. I am a coach, I would love to have you on my team (it's free to join), but doing so without buying the program won't get you the "I Earned It" shirt when you're done. Now, if you also join the Beachbody club as a paid member you will get a 10% discount on all purchases or if you become a coach you get a 25% discount. If any of those options interest you please PM me and I'll give you all the details.
  • puckers82
    Options
    Thanks telcochik!

The only way to get the shirt is if you purchased Insanity from BB because when you send your before/after results and pics in you also need to demonstrate that you bought the program. I am a coach, I would love to have you on my team (it's free to join), but doing so without buying the program won't get you the "I Earned It" shirt when you're done. Now, if you also join the Beachbody club as a paid member you will get a 10% discount on all purchases or if you become a coach you get a 25% discount. If any of those options interest you please PM me and I'll give you all the details.

Thanks for the info, i didnt think it sounded true! Ill see if i can get it as a pressie then on my next round can get the shirt lol
  • telcochik
    Options
    Thanks telcochik!

Thanks for the info, i didnt think it sounded true! Ill see if i can get it as a pressie then on my next round can get the shirt lol

Please remember me and my website when you request it as a present from someone!
  • kminer80
    kminer80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My friend and I are starting Insanity tonight. I am a little scarred since I am not one to workout at home and well Insanity is exactly that INSANE!! But I need to do this. Reading some of the post on here has me a little excited to go through this and see the results.

Good luck to you all and thank you for the motivation. :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My friend and I are starting Insanity tonight. I am a little scarred since I am not one to workout at home and well Insanity is exactly that INSANE!! But I need to do this. Reading some of the post on here has me a little excited to go through this and see the results.

Good luck to you all and thank you for the motivation. :)

Welcome to you both and good luck! Insanity is hard but doable. Just go at your own pace and do the best you're able to do each time. Remember you're not trying to keep up with the people in the video...they've all been doing Insanity for multiple rounds. Eat as cleanly as possible but EAT. I'm sure you'll see some great results from the program when it's all done.
  • puckers82
    Options

Please remember me and my website when you request it as a present from someone!

I will, thank you!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 Max Interval Plyo

I think I really do have a love/hate relationship with this specific workout. It's really physically demanding and yet the moves are less difficult than the ones in Max Interval Circuit. Maybe it's all the variations of pushups we do in MIP??? Anyway, I felt like I gave it my all but my HRM showed my efforts weren't as intense as last time since I burned about 40 calories less this time around.

Totally looking forward to recovery day tomorrow...although Max Recovery is no pansy workout either! Still, I'm sure my muscles could use a long deep stretch. What I'm really looking forward to is Core Cardio & Balance on Saturday...only 37 minutes long and it's one of the more enjoyable routines in Month 2.
  • puckers82
    Options
    Wow your doing great telcochik! I find it strange when it feels like you have given all you have but then find out your cal burn says otherwise. Do you check your fat burn? I find that interesting too.

Today i did fit test 3, ive lost my paper which i write my numbers on ( i do have a spreadsheet on my comp with it ) so went in blank not knowing what i had to beat. Felt like i did really bad.

Switch kicks 80 - 100 - 112
    Power Jack 40 - 48 - 52
    Power Knees 60 - 74 - 75
    Power Jumps 20 - 26 - 1 ( i tried but my knee didnt feel great on landing :-( hopefully next time)
    Globe Jumps 5 - 9 - 10
    Suicide Jumps 15 - 16 - 17
    Push-up Jacks 14 - 31 - 40
    Low plank oblique 36 - 47 - 56

I was very surprised when i entered them in my spreadsheet i can tell you! My cal burn was less than before but that might be because i missed the power jumps out.

Month 2 starts tomorrow!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow your doing great telcochik! I find it strange when it feels like you have given all you have but then find out your cal burn says otherwise. Do you check your fat burn? I find that interesting too.

Today i did fit test 3, ive lost my paper which i write my numbers on ( i do have a spreadsheet on my comp with it ) so went in blank not knowing what i had to beat. Felt like i did really bad.

Switch kicks 80 - 100 - 112
    Power Jack 40 - 48 - 52
    Power Knees 60 - 74 - 75
    Power Jumps 20 - 26 - 1 ( i tried but my knee didnt feel great on landing :-( hopefully next time)
    Globe Jumps 5 - 9 - 10
    Suicide Jumps 15 - 16 - 17
    Push-up Jacks 14 - 31 - 40
    Low plank oblique 36 - 47 - 56

I was very surprised when i entered them in my spreadsheet i can tell you! My cal burn was less than before but that might be because i missed the power jumps out.

Month 2 starts tomorrow!!!

Wow that's some progress you've made this month Puckers!!! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised that, for a hard as Month 2 is, your endurance will enable you to keep up a lot better. Can't wait to hear your thoughts next week!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 7 Day 4 Max Recovery

Still don't find anything relaxing about this workout. In fact some of the movements are downright painful. It was nice to take a break from all the jumping though.
  • cnkorthanke
    Options
    Puckers- those FIT get results are awesome!!!!
    Telochick- you're doing a great job, and motivating me in the process!! Great work guys.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 7 Day 5 Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs

Ok so today was absolutely not my best effort. I'm pre-TOM and I've had a headache and an overall feeling of tiredness for the last 48 hours. The scale is up 4lbs (impossible since my eating doesn't support the idea that I've consumed an additional 14,000 calories since last Sunday) and I'm generally feeling miserable. Ooh plus I'm cranky which means I'm constantly biting my tongue when talking to my husband about even the most mundane topics (poor guy).

Anyway, I got through the double session but I know I could have done better if I felt better. Hope this changes soon so I feel better and have more energy.

cnkorthanke - thanks for the kind words but maybe you should just skip reading this post so I don't negatively influence your efforts today! LOL!
  • puckers82
    Options
    Week 7 Day 5 Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs

Ok so today was absolutely not my best effort. I'm pre-TOM and I've had a headache and an overall feeling of tiredness for the last 48 hours. The scale is up 4lbs (impossible since my eating doesn't support the idea that I've consumed an additional 14,000 calories since last Sunday) and I'm generally feeling miserable. Ooh plus I'm cranky which means I'm constantly biting my tongue when talking to my husband about even the most mundane topics (poor guy).

Anyway, I got through the double session but I know I could have done better if I felt better. Hope this changes soon so I feel better and have more energy.

cnkorthanke - thanks for the kind words but maybe you should just skip reading this post so I don't negatively influence your efforts today! LOL!

Sorry to hear your not feeling your best, i hate days like that but you pushed through and worked great! I put 2lbs just before my TOM, least it came off after with an extra 2 lbs so you might do too!

How you can say your post is negative when you felt like crap but pushed through and did 2!! workouts is beyond me! That's inspiration!
  • puckers82
    Options
    Well today was my first experience of month 2! Got to say half way through i asked why i was doing this but at the end felt blooming fantastic and loved it! I don't think i've ever been that sweaty in my life! I also found it easier than i thought i was going to and am pleased with my effort.

cnkorthanke... thanks, i did surprise myself with them, even if some are just 1 extra. I can def feel the difference!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 7 Day 6 Core Cardio & Balance

I forgot how much I love this workout. I pushed harder this time than I did during recovery week and got a good sweat on. I'm proud that I've finished another week of Month 2 and am now 2 weeks to program completion.

Puckers thanks for your kind words. You made me feel a lot better!

Hope everyone enjoys their long holiday weekend. I know I'm going to...although we've decided not to go away tomorrow so I will be back to Insanity on Monday as scheduled.
  • puckers82
    Options
    telcochik, i cant believe your half way through month 2! Seems like yesterday you was starting it, how time flys!

Well today was my first taste of max interval plyo and i must say i really enjoyed it, well them 16 push up's a number of times was hard but i did it! Very surprised at what i could do today and the fact i see them on the telly taking a break but i can keep going, makes me feel good! Better than month 1 lol I really think im preferring month 2 workouts!
  • telcochik
    Options
    LOL Puckers. I'm not sure I prefer Month 2 workouts...although I do LOVE the copious amounts of sweat that fall off my body during each workout! If that's really fat crying then mine is BAWLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • puckers82
    Options
    lol thats what im hoping! I sweat soooo much its got to be doing something surely! lol