Insanity - started today (7/16/12)

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I am on week one of month 2. I find support in my facebook group called "team pure insanity" every time i go on facebook i see others who are kicking butt or people looking for encouragement, motivational items, meal advice its really good to talk to people who have been there.

That is awesome that you've found an outlet for support and motivation. It's so important to find others going through the same things you are. I find that whenever I come to MFP.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 8 Day 4 Max Recovery

Still HATE this workout and I always look forward to getting it over with. Today was no different plus I stayed up later than usual last night to watch my beloved NY Giants lose so I'm extra tired. Sigh....

Looking forward to seeing puddles of sweat tomorrow from Max Interval Circuit!!!!!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Max cardio conditioning for me today. Washed, lunched now off to give blood for the first time since the start of the year, hopefully if my iron levels are good now!

Keep pushing everyone!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 8 Day 5 Max Interval Circuit

This week has certainly flown. I can't believe I'm going to complete Round 1 in another week! MIC was pretty challenging today...those side suicides absolutely KILL me! I did more regular suicides that side ones just to get through the 3 rounds.
  • ciannaggi
    ciannaggi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will be finishing my 6th week tomorrow! My whole core is so sore. Haha. But that is a good thing. The Max Interval Circuit is by far the hardest workout in my opinion. Just trying to push through and do as much as I can!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 8 Day 6 Core Cardio & Balance

Wow I love this workout!!! Can't believe I only have one more week to go to finish round 1 of Insanity. It seems like yesterday that I was just starting out. My tee shirt is so close I can taste it!!!

I agree ciannaggi, Max Interval Circuit is by far the hardest (although I think Max Recovery is equally tough)!
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to you all post results, I'm nearly the end of Insanity Round 1 too, i really regret not taking pictures this round but so far I've had some awesome results! Will check back here in a week.

Anyone thinking of doing another round or a hybrid albeit after a well deserved break of course!
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one. Feel fantastic! Good luck you will do brilliantly :)
  • telcochik
    Options
    Can't wait to you all post results, I'm nearly the end of Insanity Round 1 too, i really regret not taking pictures this round but so far I've had some awesome results! Will check back here in a week.

Anyone thinking of doing another round or a hybrid albeit after a well deserved break of course!

I'm going to do a week of recovery...Core Cardio & Balance alternated with the Sports Training workout from the advanced series. I plan to kick off round 2 on Sept. 24. My plan after round 2 is to do a hybrid of Insanity and Chalean Extreme.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 8 Day 7 Rest Day

Love Sundays!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 Max Interval Plyo

I can't believe I've made it to the final week of Insanity! I'm going to have to start filling out the paperwork to submit my results and get my tee shirt!!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 Max Interval Plyo

I can't believe I've made it to the final week of Insanity! I'm going to have to start filling out the paperwork to submit my results and get my tee shirt!!!

Great job!
  • puckers82
    puckers82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great going telcochik!

Ive had to stop, since doing all the walking to school my knee has started to play up again so im having to rest it. Ive decided to stop with insanity until its fully better, as gutted as i am when its hurting to walk on its not good. Ill restart at the beginning at some point when its healed. :-(
  • GettingDBack
    GettingDBack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I also had to take a break from doing insanity cause of my knees. Second month has increased the jumping 10xs, lol. I started lifting weights and doing yoga. I will pick it up again in a couple of weeks, but I will not be doing the exercisies everyday. Maybe 3-4 days per week to keep my cardio endurance up. I have not lost much weight, but I have lost inches and I see definition in my abs. Another result is that I was able to reduce my 5K time by 1:30.
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 9 Day 2 Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs

Morning Y'all! OMG I was so hungry this morning! I drank my protein shake post workout and then had a good breakfast of egg whites and 2% reduced fat cheddar slice on a whole wheat sandwich thin. An hour later I was starving so I ate a banana which thankfully seems to have quieted the rumblings in my tummy. Usually I can wait 3 or so hours before needing to eat again so this is weird.

5 more days left in Round 1!!!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 9 Day 3 Max Interval Circuit

I was pleasantly surprised to see that tomorrow's workout isn't the usual Max Recovery; it's Core Cardio and Balance (my favorite). My HRM seems like it was on the fritz today so maybe I have to think about buying a new one before I start round 2. I have definitely noticed some changes in my body since starting this program. My clothes are fitting better and to my eye I look a bit smaller. The scale isn't showing a huge weight loss but the tape measurer shows I've lost inches in my chest, abs, and hips which is great. I have to keep reminding myself that it's only been 60 days and that when I lost a lot of weight and inches from Turbo Fire it was because I did that program for 120 days. I'm hoping round 2 of Insanity brings me similar results!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 9 Day 4 Core Cardio & Balance

Woke up extra sore this morning. I think my body really needs a recovery WEEK or two before I start back in on round 2 of Insanity. I think I'm going to play this by ear and see how I feel after a week.
  • brieski24
    Options
    I have the insanity program DVDs that were burned for me. I have been doing them here and there- but I don't know what the actual regimen is supposed to consist of. Can anyone fill me in on how I should do the program correctly? Thanks!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have the insanity program DVDs that were burned for me. I have been doing them here and there- but I don't know what the actual regimen is supposed to consist of. Can anyone fill me in on how I should do the program correctly? Thanks!!

Here's the schedule. During month 1 where it says "Cardio circuit," it's actually plyometric cardio circuit. It was a typo on the schedule that confuses everyone.

http://www.katiechangesforkatie.com/2011/01/insanity-schedulehybrid-vs-regular-plan.html
  • telcochik
    Options
    Week 9 Day 5 Max Interval Plyo

1 more day until round 1 is OVER!!!!!!! I can't say I lost a ton of weight but I can say I've seen my entire frame shrink as a result of this first 60 days. I'll be posting final results on Sunday and plan to do the final fit test on Monday so I won't be able to post those until that day.