Senior Golden Sneakers Club~~~~~~~`October~~~~~~~~~

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Gayla, Oh it seems that you got it bad. Here wishing for a speedy recover. That Swin Flu has really left it mark on everyone. Jerry and i have escaped it so far. But we are not around other people that much. Just to Wal Mart. sure hope Neil don't get it.
    We got our regular flu shot about a month ago. And my doctor is surpose to call me when she gets some in of swine flu. They keep changing the shipment time.

Sandy just a reminder that Sat night is the last day of the month. Thanks for doing this for us.I will be back Sunday.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I have been very busy and haven't been at the computer as much as usual. We are staying on track with eating and exercising. Jake is busier than ever with his business and he's had a few tasks for me. I don't miss taking the dogs to the dog park, going to line dance, or riding the exercise bike.

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, I'm so sorry about Amanda's accident and so glad that she is OK---that's what's most important. Good luck to Sam in the pageant.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Beth it is so good to hear from you. the culture shock must be amazing.....but you're resilient and will be on track in no time. It's good to hear that you're still staying focused on your running.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, I had a friend who always said that no trip was complete until you figured out what you forgot to pack. :laugh: She traveled a lot and always forgot something although it usually wasn't something critical (like make-up)

:flowerforyou: Elli, I'm not surprised that you have snow. There's snow in the Cascades and Olympic mountains in Washington and my friends in Montana are telling me that there is snow preventing them from going where they want to. I know you'll get yourself back on the healthy eating wagon soon. Just keep on logging your food and you'll be back on track in no time. Thanks for letting us know about your business. It sounds perfect.

:flowerforyou: Gayla, sorry you're not feeling well. Don't let anxiety about all the bad flu make you feel worse.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, congratulations on your bingo winnings. I like bingo but I never win anything.

We're watching the World Series. I was born in New York City and lived just outside Philadelphia when I was a teenager so both teams are close to my heart. I don't know who to cheer for :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Marie, have a wonderful trip
    don't shop or gamble too much :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but walk a lot

hugs:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Very busy week and going on a women's retreat this weekend. My daughter's boyfriend broke up with her last night and she was so upset. :brokenheart: Today, she's doing fine. :ohwell: Better to find out before it's too late. They just went on a cruise, too! I thought it was too much...too soon, but what do I know...I'm just a mother:laugh: :laugh:
    So hope everyone has a great day - weekend.:smooched:
    I lost another 2 lbs so I am happy.:happy:
    God Bless and will check back in tomorrow...if not...Monday!
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Why is "Women over 50" Locked?
    BirdieM:huh:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    part one is locked because when it reached 500 posts, part 2 automatically was created, here is a link for you:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69590-women-50-for-october
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Marie - have a blast on your trip!

Barbiecat - i was born in NYC too! That's funny huh?

Oh Birdie - i remember you were just saying about your (youngest i think?) daughter - going on a cruise so quick with her new boyfriend.......I hope her heart heals quickly. I have a tee shirt that says " better to have loved and lost than spent the rest of my life with the psycho"! It was really appropriate for me losing the last man that was in my life:laugh: I hope your retreat is wonderful this weekend!

Jeffrey - how's Day's mom doing? I hope Sam has a fun pagent! And hopefully Amanda's car is getting fixed (or she's getting a new 1?)

I'm having company again Saturday night - prob'ly just like 8 people so not a huge deal like last weekend! I'm trying little by little to have all the people over who helped me out so much with the house!

I'm planning on having a good food day today! Happy Friday to everyone.
  • elli
    Options
    oops - i forgot, Marie - we do have a shampoo that helps with the flea problems. It's got cedar oil in it. Let me know if you want to try some. You can e mail me at the business address - send me your shipping address and i'd be happy to send you an 8 oz. bottle. goodwinol@what-wire.com

elli
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Morning!

Snow leaves here today! Rainy but kind of warm. No new disasters today but it is early! Hopefully we will have a fun weekend. Had to take the Benz in today for service, ouch. The cats are sleeping and we are all working and healthy! I will keep you posted on Sam's pagent. They should have a web link up through Indiana State University but I have not looked for it yet. If you want to try and you find it let me know! LOL thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes!

Sandy it will not be on TV if she makes the Miss Indiana cut then it will be.

Barbie the new pics look great! You have done an outstanding job!

Elli what a mess! I seen pics of your area. Glad its you and not me! LOL

Hi Weaklink!

Birdie sorry about your daughter's bf. You know we are all of a different generation. I hope she is doing well.

Marie what is new with the family? Enjoy the weekend!

Amanda's car is "recovering". LOL Days mom is getting back to normal (raising heck)! the scan showed no signs of stroke. But she had all the classic symptoms. I am not sure how "deep" they look at the results of any test once you hit a certain age. I know I am a cynic but I do believe that.
    Outside of all that, it is fine and we are well!

Take care one and all!

Jeffrey
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It is raining and it is a depressing day. We have had so much rain I am going to start traveling in a boat.
    Daisy is so wound up because she can't go out and play. :ohwell: Hopefully the weekend will bring better weather, especially for the trick or treaters. :bigsmile:

I have been working on the web site for my grand daughter's dance group. I developed and maintain it for them as a donation. I love making web sites although mine are on the plain side. :tongue:

Jeffrey, glad Day's mother is improving. :flowerforyou: I tried to look for a web cam or information on the pageant but couldn't fine any information on the ISU web site. Just know that we are all pulling for her nd wish her the best of luck. :heart:

Marie, is gone with her daughter so remind me tomorrow night to change the posts to November. I wouldn't want her to be disappointed in me. :glasses:

Elli, checked out your web site and it looks like you have a successful business. Nice that you kept it going from your dad. How are dealing with all that snow???

It is after noon and I still have so many things to do besides my elliptical. I better get moving, we had a repair man here fixing my faucet and I am now all behind in my chores. :ohwell:

Will check in later, have a good Friday.

Sandy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi Everybody, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I wore my pumpkin Halloween costume to line dance today. There were about a dozen of us in costume and it was fun. There was a lot of laughter and picture taking. There was also a lot of candy (all the good stuff) and a bowl of apples. It was interesting to watch women who asked me a lot of questions about how I lost weight, later picking up handfuls of candy to take with them. One woman even said that she was taking it for her lunch. I’m so glad to be in touch with all of you.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, congratulations on losing another two pounds.

:flowerforyou: Elli, not only do we have being born in NYC in common, we also have being married to a psycho. Husband number 1 was a giant loser----he robbed me blind and broke my heart and when he left on the bus to go back to his siblings in Pennsylvania, I sang that song “Thank God and Greyhound, You’re Gone”

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey, I’m glad Day’s mom is recovering. Jake had a small stroke a few years ago and the only residual effect is some numbness in one finger. Keep your positive attitude.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, wow, I’m impressed that you have the skills to work on websites.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I hope you’re having a great time on your trip.
    I’m starting to think about goals for November. I know I’ll be filled with gratitude for all of you.
    Hugs,:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • elli
    Options
    Barbie - I agree with you on 2 things - I'm blown away that Sandy can build websites - i get excited that i can ACCESS them!:laugh: AND Thank God and Greyhound you're gone!!!!!!!!!! At least you were smart enough that that was husband number 1. For me the psycho was boyfriend number 2, after husbands #1, 2, boyfriend #1! See why i've been on my own for 8 years:happy: You're too cute to wear a costume to line dance!
    I had 2 little neighbor boys over tonight for trick or treating 'cause they're leaving for HI tomorrow. I baked them some treats for the plane.
    Tomorrow i'm having s'more friends over for dinner.
    The snow is melting already and we've got mud mud mud..........i'd rather have the snow!
    Poor little hercky - every time he comes in from outside i wash his little feet. He's not happy about that!
    OK - everyone have a great weekend - 'll try and check in. Monday is my day to get serious about dieting!
    elli
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Ellie, the snow made beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing, :heart: I would rather have snow then mud or rain at this point. We have had so much rain it has been terrible. They say it will be nice for the kids tomorrow, if you call 50 degrees nice with strong winds.

I am on husband number two, my first husband was a gambler and a player. My second husband is wonderful and is so good to me. We dated for 13 years before we got married which was 18 years in September. :heart: :heart: :heart: Love is better the second time around. :bigsmile:

I do a lot on my computer, it keeps me busy. I also make great DVD from photos and/or videos. I just made a DVD from my four year old grand daughters TBall game with the photos her mom sent me. I put all the pictures together to the tune of Take Me Out to the Ball game. I ended it with a cast of all of their names, it was very cute. I am also in the process of making DVD's from my old home movies that were on VHS. That is very time consuming so it is slow moving. I love doing technical things.

Our Comcast TV has been down all day due to the wind. The DVR recordings are working but I am upset because I didn't get to see Monk or Medium. :tongue:

Time for bed, good night. :yawn:
    Sandy
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Sandy, sometimes they replay the Monk episodes on another day. The one tonight was great. It was called "Mr. Monk and the Dog". Check the listings and see if it is playing again.. It was really good.
    hugs, :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Good Morning,

The rain has stopped, the sun is trying to come out, except for the terrible wind it could be a nice day. :flowerforyou:

Barbie, yes they do repeat Monk all week but it is just frustrating that Comcast is still out and we still have no TV. I really am thinking of switching to ATT but I am one of those people who get used to one thing and then I don't like to change. I am told Comcast is faster for my computer but I know others who have ATT and have good speed. I am sort of a TV addict, loving all the new shows. :heart:

I have class with Daisy this morning, then we have a vet appointment for her final shots (I hope) and then home for the trick or treaters. The Village extended the hours this year from 2-8, they usually are from 4-6, but I guess because of being on a Saturday they are giving the kids more time. :grumble:

Don't forget to push your clocks back tonight, you gain an extra hour of sleep. :laugh:

Have a happy Halloween!! (Marisa is a witch)

Sandy
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to you all from snowy Saskatchewan. It was so nice yesterday but the snow came in time for the trick and treaters. Neil is thinking we should open up the candy but so far it hasn't happened. I am still feeling pretty yucky. Yesterday was a bad day, my temperature was quite high most of the day and I simply took up residence on the couch. I haven't been eating much so likely will have lost weight. The trick will be to keep it off. Dave made Kraft dinner last night and I was glad for that, it kind of slips down the throat. My chest doesn't feel as tight which is good and makes me think there will be an end to this soon. I have an appt. to see my Dr. Tuesday morning, with any luck I will be better by then.

I will try to get back on tomorrow for a longer post but now I think I will move to my couch. Perhaps I need a laptop, hmmm.

Gayla :sick:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Gayla, sorry you're not feeling well........that will help in sidestepping the Halloween candy.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Elli, I was single for eight years after getting free of husband #one. I learned a lot about taking care of life's business and living alone. They were great lessons. I put Jake :heart: at the top of my gratitude list every morning. I am so fortunate to have found him.

:flowerforyou: Sandy, we did a long list of errands today, too. Around here the trick-or-treaters come after 5 PM. We leave our light on until 8. There's no telling how many will come. there are children in our neighborhood but our road signs say "Private" so it deters a lot of people from other neighborhoods. We have a little candy and if that's not enough we'll give quarters. That way we don't end up with any leftover candy. Marisa is darling in her costume. all our grandchildren live hundreds of miles away. I doubt that we'll get any Halloween pictures

We had a lunch today that got out of control. I had planned to put broccoli and cauliflower in some packaged organic roasted red pepper soup and have a salad with a hard boiled egg for protein. then we went to the open aire market and bought two big bunches of chard. I completely forgot that fresh chard is loaded with sodium, so between the packaged soup and the chard, our sodium consumption for the day is off the charts.

Our neighbor on one side is dying and all his kids are here staying with them. Our neighbors on the other side are split up and she has a restraining order to keep him away.. we are certainly grateful for the peace and good health in our house.

I'll be looking for the new thread tomorrow.
    hugs to all :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Barbie
  • elli
    Options
    hi everyone! It's monday and November! A new week, a new month - i'm starting over!
    I wonder if Marie's home yet? HOpe she had so much fun!
    Sandy - you could be my hero - good with tech stuff. I'm a total dummy! You and Barbie both have been so smart, getting the relationship thing figured out before having to go through 3 or 4 relationships!:laugh: guess i'm a slow learner.

Gayla - I sure hope you're feeling better, kind of sounds like you do have that h1n1.....i'm glad you're going to the Dr. How's Neil doing without you being able to take care of HIM?

Marie - when you get home - i did get your address on the business e mail, but you didn't put your zip code.

Jeffrey - how did Sam's pagent go?

I have monday and tuesday mornings for the next 5 weeks babysitting from 6:30 to 7:30. Makes for a late start at work, but that'll be ok for a few weeks.

Have a good day everyone!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Elli My zip code is 75149 Thanks Let me know how much I owe you. the e-mail took off without me sending it. I wasn't thru. Slow granny.Marie

Sandy got our Nov. going see the link above yours. these months just fly by.
  • elli
    Options
    thanks Marie - it's Mesquite right?