Can we discuss public restroom etiquitte???

Options

Replies

• Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    OMG also...talking on phone while in bathroom stall. Kind of gross to listeners, myself and person on phone! So tacky and classless! :noway:
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i dont know why....but i always get the singers!!!!!
    they choose the stall right next to mine and hum tune after tune after tune after tune after......:sick:
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I loved Jamie Gertz in that episode. "Don't call me anymore" to Jerry... "You either..." to Kramer. Bwahahahaha.

As for passing gas...it's a bathroom. Do what needs to be done.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Passing gas in a restroom? I was always brought up with "As long as you're in the restroom, fire away, it's only impolite if you're in any other room of the house". No need to even excuse yourself.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    LOL. I Hate public bathrooms. I have this weird phobia of sorts about using the bathroom within earshot of other people. (I know, I am weird). I'm such a dork about it that if someone else walks in after I do, I just like, rummage around in my purse and pretend I'm busy until they leave. lol. I hate how there's sometimes like a two+ inch gap around the doors of the stalls and everyone can see right in. I made the mistake of going to a Burlington Coat Factory once in FL ... a total dump for the record... and I was in the bathroom and this trashy woman (with 'tude) walks in and stands right across from my stall door (which is only about 2 feet away from her) and just stands there, staring at me through the huge gap on the side of the door. It was so embarrassing. Finally I was like, "Seriously lady, do you mind?!" and she just kept starring at me for a good 3-4 minutes. It was like my nightmare realized. I just sat there frozen. Finally she just goes "B*tch" and walks away, then proceeds to mad-dog me when I walked out. I just looked at her again and said "seriously? what's your problem" to which she ignored me... anyway...hate public bathrooms! (and FL... and that store) lol
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    What about if I'm scared there will be no paper in mine, and I might have to ask you for some...would you spare a square?

Great episode.

I wanted to BE Elaine...
  • b417adriana
    b417adriana Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ugh what about when people don't wash their hands!! This is about he grossest thing out there!!! makes me gag every time i see this! :noway:
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just don't take a *kitten* on the floor in FRONT of the toilet, and I'm golden. Yes, this was a recent discovery in a public restroom that I had the joy of entering. :noway:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Isn't it against etiquette to discuss bathroom behaviours in public?
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Ugh what about when people don't wash their hands!! This is about he grossest thing out there!!! makes me gag every time i see this! :noway:

Another great Seinfeld Episode...those people covered all the great hang-ups and phobias...
  • luvp1nk
    luvp1nk Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The thing that grosses me out the most are the women who will do their business and walk right out of the bathroom. Gross, I use my elbows to open the door in restrooms that don't have paper towels, and I use the paper towel in the ones that do. I have taught my son to do the same. I don't want him touching some nasty woman's piss or worse.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My favorite is when people talk on their freaking cell phones in a public restroom... Seriously!?
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Or when your in your stall, and you hear someone enter, walk into their stall, and all of a sudden your in a stall next to the jusiest gasiest person alive!

I squeeze my cheeks til I am alone.

Hahahahaha This made me laugh so hard! Thank you !
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You know being in the military a lot of this bathroom etiquette has kinda slipped. We have full conversations on the poopers, urinals or even the showers. Doesn't really matter much anymore
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I second the no talking rule. I've said this before but it bares repeating. Guys, I don't know who or what you use for a (0(k holster... so wash your damn hands.

I do have a question as to what is considered proper etiquette for passing gas in the bathroom? Is it OK to fire at will as long as you say excuse me? Do you have to say excuse me?

You are in the bathroom, fire away. No excuses needed.
  • KayeeDaisyBee
    Options
    I second the no talking rule. I've said this before but it bares repeating. Guys, I don't know who or what you use for a (0(k holster... so wash your damn hands.

I do have a question as to what is considered proper etiquette for passing gas in the bathroom? Is it OK to fire at will as long as you say excuse me? Do you have to say excuse me?

No, you don't. You're in the right place for that. If you were anywhere else in public then you do have to excuse yourself but not in the place you're supposed to be, lol.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    http://www.cracked.com/funny-4928-public-restrooms/

This article makes me laugh so hard I cry. Why yes, I do have a very juvenile sense of humor.

bathroommap.png

publicrestroomsheader_wm-1.jpg
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It's called a courtesy flush. For the love... :bigsmile:

^ This. :laugh:

But honestly, a flush of any kind would be awesome. Thanks.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    For example: If there are six stalls, and they're all empty except for the one I'm in...why would you choose the one next to me???

And for the record, this is not a glory hole type sitch.

maybe they were desperate to take care of business didn't notice you in the next stall until they sat down & realized you there. then thinking "why the hell did i have to pick this stall!".
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    When you walk into a batheroom with five stalls.

Stall 1: (Ugh someone didnt flush! GROSS)
    Walk to Stall 2: (WTH people really!?!?!?) again someone didnt flush
    Stalls 3,4 and 5 are even worse!'

Either ONE person has a phobia of flushing and **** in 5 different toilets, or there are 5 REALLY disgusting humans in the same restaraunt!