Can we discuss public restroom etiquitte???

Options

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    What kind of places are you people going to??? LOL. I can honestly say I only run across gross bathrooms once in a blue moon!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Can't stand people who don't wipe the seats down or even flush everything away properly! As for the women who flush tampons down the loo - um....do you not have sanitary bins to put these in? Same goes for towels as well.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Or when your in your stall, and you hear someone enter, walk into their stall, and all of a sudden your in a stall next to the jusiest gasiest person alive!

I squeeze my cheeks til I am alone.

Why? Gay people can't pee in public restrooms?

Nothing about gay people in my sentence?

I know, right? I thought it was just me... :huh:
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate it when women talk on the phone while in a public bathroom. Do it at home if you want. I think it's dumb when people walk into a restroom and proclaim: IT SMELLS IN HERE! I mean...duh. It's a bathroom. There are toilets in there. People poop in here too. And your point? Sometimes it can be overwhelming, yeah, but if you're so offended by it that you have to announce it each time then bring in a spray and go crazy. Ha.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Passing gas in a restroom? I was always brought up with "As long as you're in the restroom, fire away, it's only impolite if you're in any other room of the house". No need to even excuse yourself.

I just always have to fight the urge to snicker/giggle/laugh when I hear it in a public restroom because it's so echo-y (is that a word?). I hear, "PBBBFFFFFTTT!! PLOP! PLOP!", and I just about bust a gut trying to hold in the laughter. It reminds me of the scene in Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle when they are in the women's bathroom and the two blonde sorority girls come in and start making all kinds of noise.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    This sort of weirds me out, too. Same for people who sit right next to you in a nearly empty movie theater.

or sits behind you and kicks your freaking seat!!! there are 1000 available seats PAL...
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Please, for the love of god, please think of the janitor when you're in the public restroom!

We must smell everything! x_X

Sorry, didn't mean to go off.

Uh...Stop making sounds when you go do number two. o_o;
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate it when women talk on the phone while in a public bathroom. Do it at home if you want. I think it's dumb when people walk into a restroom and proclaim: IT SMELLS IN HERE! I mean...duh. It's a bathroom. There are toilets in there. People poop in here too. And your point? Sometimes it can be overwhelming, yeah, but if you're so offended by it that you have to announce it each time then bring in a spray and go crazy. Ha.

I'd have to say, "Be grateful you don't live in a century which requires the use of a chamberpot or an outhouse. At least we have the luxury of flushing." (Although, some people don't have enough sense to take advantage of that luxury. :angry: :grumble: )
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For example: If there are six stalls, and they're all empty except for the one I'm in...why would you choose the one next to me???

And for the record, this is not a glory hole type sitch.

How much of a buffer do you require beyond the walls of your stall? Assuming they give a courtesy flush when necessary.

If it's a fairly empty bathroom, one stall buffer is sufficient. I understand at big events or a crowded place someone will be next to me. I'm fine with that. It's a bathroom after all. But when the place is empty...really? Right next to me?

Do: Wash your hands.

Don't: Talk to me.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I just put my Ipod Head phones on and pretend I make no noise
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I also don't get why women feel the need to go to the bathroom in pairs, groups, etc. I have co workers that always want to go together. I'm always like - nope. I really don't want to go to the bathroom together and listen to each other's business - and then have you try to talk to me in the stall. Seriously - are they afraid they're gonna fall in and want support around? :huh:
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    How about people who pee ALL OVER THE SEAT and then just leave it like that - were they born in a barn or something?? If you sprinkle when you tinkle please be neat and wipe the seat!!!

THIS.

I hate women who hover over the seat and end up peeing all over it, then they don't wipe it off after their done. I've walked into public restrooms before and EVERY stall was like this. Seriously? If you're that concerned about butt germs build a bridge!

If you sat your *kitten* down in the FIRST place, there WOUDNT be any pee on the seat!!! Worse case scenario- you place your thighs on the same plastic as someone elses thighs. I've not heard yet of someone contracted some horrible disease from someone's THIGHS! You are more likely to catch something grabbing the door handle to leave with your now clean hands . . . .

* post is not direct reply to quoted post. It is directed to those who #1 hover and pee on the seat, #2 don't wipe off their pee from the seat.

shoot i hover and piss all over the seat...but I do wipe it off.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Also, God created room deodorizer for a reason. Use it! I've called people out on not washing their hands, and they just turn to look at me and keep walking! One place I used to work had birthday parties, and the office manager didn't wash her hands (thankfully we were in the bathroom at the same time), then proceeded to cut the cake! That's what it takes to keep me from eating cake. :grumble:
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I once wrote a poem about a bathroom situation where the guy in the next stall (there were only two) kept grunting , groaning, and farting, as I was laughing at him I let out a wet fart, and then I finished first and came out of my stall. Went to wash my hands and this dude decides to come out of his ****-cave and lock eyes with me through the mirror.

If you just crapped next to someone and you know they are out there washing their hands, you don't come out of your poop-portal and lock eyes with that person.
    After I made a swift exit from the bathroom I saw the guy like three more times...I think he was stalking me.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    When you and 3 others are drying/washing your hands. Woman 1 is done before you, tosses her towel ON THE FLOOR. Woman #2 leaves hers on the counter, and woman #3 CLEARLY missed the trashcan, SAW IT, and walked away.

How hard is bending over? Unless you have a painful medical condition not ALLOWING YOU to bend over, or are in a wheel chair, PICK IT UP!
  • sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It's called a courtesy flush. For the love... :bigsmile:

Exactly!!!
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    CHECK-MATE.png

guys, is this a thing?
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    My favorite is when people talk on their freaking cell phones in a public restroom... Seriously!?

lol, i have done this...BUT in the employee restroom, so not that bad, right?
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    How about people who pee ALL OVER THE SEAT and then just leave it like that - were they born in a barn or something?? If you sprinkle when you tinkle please be neat and wipe the seat!!!

THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!
  • shishi71
    shishi71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hate it when they are on their phone talking....HELLO Hang up for 2 minutes, really!>! Ugh...So I flush once for me, and a few extras so the person on the other end of their phone knows what they are REALLY doing. :)

Uggggh! That is my biggest pet peeve ever! I do the same thing you do! LOL