Can we discuss public restroom etiquitte???

Options

Replies

• TallyGal97
    TallyGal97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There is a nurse here where I work that hangs out in the ladies locker room on her off time (waiting for the bus) and everytime people walk in the restroom, she strikes up a conversation with them... me included, only I do not respond once I'm in the stall.

Ummmm....that's a bit weird and creepy to say the least!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Not a peeve, but I saw this today and it did make me laugh... plus it is public restroom related :smile:
    http://theblush.com/2012/07/11/how-to-poop-at-work/
  • sportsbear46
    Options
    When you walk into a batheroom with five stalls.

Stall 1: (Ugh someone didnt flush! GROSS)
    Walk to Stall 2: (WTH people really!?!?!?) again someone didnt flush
    Stalls 3,4 and 5 are even worse!'

Either ONE person has a phobia of flushing and **** in 5 different toilets, or there are 5 REALLY disgusting humans in the same restaraunt!
    Seriously, no one wants to see any one's waste left behind nor their nasty tampons sitting in the toliet either.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Or when your in your stall, and you hear someone enter, walk into their stall, and all of a sudden your in a stall next to the jusiest gasiest person alive!

I squeeze my cheeks til I am alone.

Why? Gay people can't pee in public restrooms?

Nothing about gay people in my sentence?

OH ****! I'M A FRIGGEN MORON
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You might not have any idea how often a guy will walk up to the urinal next to you and presume that, while you are holding your wedding tackle, you would like to talk about sports or politics or general happenings.
    -wtk

Wedding tackle! Bwahaha! :laugh:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    OMG also...talking on phone while in bathroom stall. Kind of gross to listeners, myself and person on phone! So tacky and classless! :noway:

Oh, those are my favorite moments, because I can always pound out a nice long "symphony in B-Flat" to accompany their conversation and set the right mood.
  • connette51
    connette51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    While on vacation, I went into a restroom with a lady standing by the side of the first stall with her hands folded. Thinking nothing about it I went to the first stall to see a woman sitting who had not even bothered to close the door. I was mortified and said, Oh, Sorry and hurried away. The lady standing by the side of the stall was laughing and said, "that happened to me too!" Why didn't she warn me that someone was in the first stall?
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I had a Health teacher in high school who (and I remember this so, so vividly) used to tell us about conserving water and how she would only flush her toilet at the end of the day regardless of the number of times she had to use the bathroom. I also remember her mentioning she has taught this to her sons and husband as well.
    Funny, I don't remember high school much but this stuck with me.

We follow the New York Water Shortage Rule: "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down!"
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    People who don't wash their hands gross me out.
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Or when your in a stall, and you hear the feet pacing in front of your door. HHHEEELLLOOO!!!! I WAS HERE FIRST!

Lol.

Or when peoples kids that are like 5 or 6 try to climb underneath your stall AND THE MOM SAYS NOTHING!

My daughter did that once. I was sooo embarrassed. She has never done it again. The lady was really nice about it though.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I used to work retail, and, one day I had to see a man about a horse. The only bathrooms we had were of the public variety. It was later in the day, so, there weren't many people in the store and the bathroom was empty when I got in there. A few moments after I began to play angry birds, someone else came in and did his business. As I was looking down at my phone, I couldn't help but notice the shadow at front of my stall approach and stop... I looked up and had one eye staring at me through the gap between the door and stall. I very calmly said, "you can stand there and stare all you want, but, I'm a push and a wipe away from kicking your *kitten*." Needless to say, he left immediately after that. About 30 minutes later (after I had left the restroom), I just had the worst creeped out feeling come over me...

You're welcome!
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is what kind of woman can’t put their bloody tampon in the toilet or the trash?

I KNOW!!!? What woman takes it out then plops it on the floor and says to herself, "Yep, that's a good spot". I'll never understand. Some women are disgusting.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I work(ed) retail as well. Our employee batheroom was so often used by the public because it was right there and NOONE can read "NOT A PUBLIC RESTROOM!" Anyways..... Our toilet mysteriously got clogged by a 'customer'. It was clogged for about 2 wks until the plumber came to snake it out.

Some woman had flushed their size 3xl panties in our toilet, on my boss made us all look at em...

Wonder what THEIR reasoning was. :noway:
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    my met peeve is the guy that'll come in just panting... may even be praying... "oh jesus, oh jesus, oh jesus" and then you proceed to get the play by play...
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Biggest public restroom pet peeve: Ladies who think public restrooms are "so gross" so they hover above the seat. Hoverers, YOU are the reason the public restroom is so gross. YOU are the ones sprinkling wiz all over the seats and floor, and occasionally even missing the target with your solid waste. YOU are the gross ones. Stop it!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Maybe all the other stalls were gross? Just saying!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Biggest public restroom pet peeve: Ladies who think public restrooms are "so gross" so they hover above the seat. Hoverers, YOU are the reason the public restroom is so gross. YOU are the ones sprinkling wiz all over the seats and floor, and occasionally even missing the target with your solid waste. YOU are the gross ones. Stop it!

Agree totally! And those who think just cuz you wipe it up with toilet paper that it's now "clean"........GROSS! But I guess what we don't see.....I don't even want to think about it!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

Agree totally! And those who think just cuz you wipe it up with toilet paper that it's now "clean"........GROSS! But I guess what we don't see.....I don't even want to think about it!

well ya know I wouldn't be a hoverer if tons of other b!tches didn't hover as well. no thanks. i'll keep on hovering. thanks!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    http://www.cracked.com/funny-4928-public-restrooms/

This article makes me laugh so hard I cry. Why yes, I do have a very juvenile sense of humor.

bathroommap.png

publicrestroomsheader_wm-1.jpg

I laughed soooo hard at this!! That is hilarious!!
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I always though public loo's were bad, til i discovered the joys of festival portaloos. Use feminine items on the floors, used hypodermic needles, and people who seem to think the walls and ceiling needs redecorated with their excrement... lovely :-/