nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ooops...

CW 186
    GW 170
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I went from 158 last week to 156.6 this week. I did cardio 2 more days than usual last week.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I went from 158 last week to 156.6 this week. I did cardio 2 more days than usual last week.

great job linz! keep it up. :smile:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!!

I've already found more motivation since joining this group. The hubs and I went out lastnight to the bar and I am so proud of myself. I didn't snack like I usually do, I watched the amount of drinks and calories of them. Think it drove my husband nuts naming off the calories of each different drink in order to make a decision. I also got lots of exercise because we danced most of the night, that definately made up for the drinks. lol

I've also gotten smarter about my food choices this last week. I have started planning my meals ahead of time with the calorie counter. I plan for about three days at a time and shop/prepare them ahead of time. This has really kept me out of the red on calories and I've already dropped some weight and an inch here and there.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. It's rainy in our normally sunny NM, which makes for great movie and cuddle weather.

Pamela

Wow! Great job Pamela! I have such a hard time sticking to calories when I go out. Unless it's just something like coffee or a restaurant with nutritional information online, I usually have to use those nights as "free nights."
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I went from 241 to 238 (on Saturday morning), so that's 3 lbs down this week! I know the weight loss is going to slow down, but I'm really happy for this big boost the first few weeks.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Morning/Afternoon SSS'ers!!!! Ok, didn't too great, weigh in the morning at 173. Yup, I found 2 lbs. I was WAAAAY off the game last week. I'm doing catering part time for a couple months and unfortunately have an issue with the Costco cookies that are lurking in my house. sigh....but I do have control over what I eat and dont eat so I will stay away from them this week.
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

great job linz! keep it up. :smile:

Thanks, you too! Nice work on the 2 lb. weight loss!!!:bigsmile:
  • nolachick
    Options
    I went from 241 to 238 (on Saturday morning), so that's 3 lbs down this week! I know the weight loss is going to slow down, but I'm really happy for this big boost the first few weeks.

enjoy it while it lasts cuz I am. hehe
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss as of:
    9/30/09 => 10/5/09

fiftyandfit

msmeghan
    -

nolachick
    188 => 186

brwnsgr

basinrunner
    139.5 => 138.5

Divegirl
    171 => 173

shellybelly83
    178 => 177

jlb123

mamacindy

gnastro
    128.8 => 128.8

bnewag123
    164 => 164

linz320
    158 => 156.6

ali258
    241 => 238

skinnyJess
    155 => 154

JanetParks
    -

Danagunsallus
  • msmeghan
    Options
    Good job everyone!!! I was at 164 this morning. No loss but no gain so I am happy since I hung out with friends and family this weekend and had ALOT of temptations.
  • gnastro
    Options
    Weight Loss as of:
    9/30/09 => 10/5/09

fiftyandfit

msmeghan
    0=>164

nolachick
    188 => 186

brwnsgr

basinrunner
    139.5 => 138.5

Divegirl
    171 => 173

shellybelly83
    178 => 177

jlb123

mamacindy

gnastro
    128.8 => 128.8

bnewag123
    164 => 164

linz320
    158 => 156.6

ali258
    241 => 238

skinnyJess
    155 => 154

JanetParks
    -

Danagunsallus
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I didn't have a chance to weigh-in yesterday because I'm insanely busy with work and I had to get on the road incredibly early to travel to a couple of field offices yesterday. I weighed in this morning at 255.4 .

I won't change my ticker until Friday though.

I can already tell October will be a rocky month for me because of all the travelling I have to do with work. It's so hard to eat well when you spend 6-7 hours in a car & are gone from home for 14-15 hours each day. :ohwell: I'm already so exhausted and it's only the 6th! :yawn: I'll make it though. Yesterday it was 4.30pm and I hadn't had a chance to eat lunch yet and there was a Dairy Queen and a Subway next to each other. I managed to choose a veggie delight @ Subway over fried goodness & ice cream from DQ so that was a little victory. :laugh:
  • shellybelly83
    Options
    Success story! :smile:

A few weeks ago I was freaking out because I gained all this weight back and I gave away all my clothes above a size 10, well I have a couple 12's. Anyway I went to Old Navy because they were having a sale on jeans and I planned to lose some weight so wanted some cheap ones. I tried on the 12's and they were too tight to wear, the 14's fit but they were a little loose. So I got the 14's. Over the past few weeks I have lost 5 lbs and the 14's are no longer wearable, even with a belt! So I went back to Old Navy and got the same pair of jeans in a size 12! I think I will stick with this brand/style of jeans to measure my progress. Since I'm weight training I probably won't lose that many lbs. :smile:
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    jlb123: Do you have a small portable cooler you could put healthy snacks and water in so you can have those things easily accessible? Baby carrots and fruit tote easily enough. Little yogurts or cottage cheese.

One of my favorite things is plain seltzer water. You get the fizz of a soda without the calories and the salt.

If you wait too long between meals then you have more of a chance to choose the wrong thing.

You can do this!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    jlb123: Do you have a small portable cooler you could put healthy snacks and water in so you can have those things easily accessible? Baby carrots and fruit tote easily enough. Little yogurts or cottage cheese.

One of my favorite things is plain seltzer water. You get the fizz of a soda without the calories and the salt.

If you wait too long between meals then you have more of a chance to choose the wrong thing.

You can do this!

Thanks for the encouragement! I took an apple, peanut butter, and a banana with me yesterday so I was able to eat the apple for breakfast & the banana for a snack while I was driving. I even packed my lunch from home but never had a chance to eat it. The problem is not finding food to eat, but finding the time to eat it because I'm talking *nonstop* for hours at a time to my employees while I'm at their office. I mean, it's my job to talk nonstop to them- that's why I'm there. :laugh: The lesson learned yesterday is not to pack anything I can't eat *very easily* while I'm driving. Because with me and 14 hour work days, I'd rather get home 20 minutes earlier than pull over to eat my lunch for 20 minutes.
    I carry my 1 liter water bottle with me everywhere. I drank at least 2 liters yesterday (I normally drink 3-4). The thing is, if I drink more, I have to make more restroom stops & that's the real issue with the water intake. :laugh:

I know I can do it! :happy: I was just griping because it's going to be more difficult than usual, but no doubt I'll make it. :wink: I've made it almost a month now (started 09/08) and I'm still going really strong. I've changed my lifestyle & started new habits & I'm happy about what I'm doing for myself & my health. :smile: I'm certainly not going to let a job I don't even like prevent me from being healthy! :tongue:

Edit: typo
  • gnastro
    Options
    Weight Loss as of:
    9/30/09 => 10/5/09

fiftyandfit

msmeghan
    0=>164

nolachick
    188 => 186

brwnsgr

basinrunner
    139.5 => 138.5

Divegirl
    171 => 173

shellybelly83
    178 => 177

jlb123
    257.8 =>255.4

mamacindy

gnastro
    128.8 => 128.8

bnewag123
    164 => 164

linz320
    158 => 156.6

ali258
    241 => 238

skinnyJess
    155 => 154

JanetParks
    -

Danagunsallus
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    :sad: Does anyone else have an ex-husband that drives you mad? I had a day at work that involved a heated discussion with the ex on where my child support check is and then an employee in the building coughing up a lung with swine flu. The stress got to me, bosses wanting too much and I blew my calories, only by 300, I say only cause I use to swallow 2500 a day. UGH!! I hate days like this when I let stress get the best of me.
  • gnastro
    Options
    Hi Jlb123,

Wow you definitely have it harder than me at work. You can do this, I know you can. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Hopefully you will be able to eat more often. Have you tried fiber one bars they are actually pretty healthy & are easy to eat while you are driving?
    Sometimes it can get very busy at my job too. I am a sub school nurse & the kids come & go nonstop. Lunch sometimes happens very late in the day. Fiber one bars & luna bars keep me going while seeing to all the injuries.

Good Luck:smile::wink:
  • nolachick
    Options
    hey ladies! just dropping in to tell everyone hi! I hope ur week is going well.

I hope I am not speaking too soon but mine has been great so far in terms of diet and exercise.
    Today I made a huge accomplishment...in my boot camp we usually have to do 2 laps around the track and I used to always hate it cuz I cud only walk fast. well today I pushed myself and JOGGED all the way! half way through I almost started crying becuz I was so overwhelmed. (but i didnt cuz that wud mess up my concentration) LOL

have a great day everyone :flowerforyou: