Sexy September Starters

Options

Replies

• JanetParks
    Options
    You can still get in that " LAST CHANCE" work out!!! You can do it!!
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Just got back from taking my son's dog to the Rabies Clinic. That was fun.

I'm trying to decide if I am going over to the bowling alley to participate in a bowl-a-ton for Breast Cancer.

Yeah! My daughter finally got into the Charlotte airport at almost midnight. She was supposed to fly into Greensboro but they missed the connecting flight in Chicago. Hubby had to drive and hour & a half to meet her there. She had planned to spend the night here but really wanted to sleep in her own bed so her Daddy took her home ( She had been up for over 30 hours because she couldn't sleep on the plane).
    She's coming to see me tomorrow. At the missionary's house they only have an outhouse. A new experience for her. I'll be glad to see what else she has to say.

As for clothes, I have a pair of black dress pants that I intend to try on every Sunday morning until they fit. Then after that I have a pair of jeans that I haven't been wearing.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    I have definitely had a not so good two days. Friday night I took off intentionally as my "free night' and figured I would just weigh myself on Monday. But then tonight, we went to watch the football game at a restaurant. I told myself I wasn't going to eat anything there since I had already eaten dinner, but I didn't plan for the fact that I ate dinner at 6:30 and the game ended around 11:30. I should have brought a healthy, low-calorie snack, and I will do that next time. I ended up having some tortilla chips with cheese and chili, and I didn't stuff myself on them or anything, and I did have some calories left over after dinner, but it did put me about 200 calories over for the day. It's not the end of the world, but next time I will use what I learned this time, and either bring something healthy to have if I get hungry or look online ahead of time and plan for a snack I can eat at the restaurant. At least I didn't have any alcohol because then I'm sure I would have gone completely overboard on the chips. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm really going to have to get myself back on track now.
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Well I've got on those black dress pants! Still a little snug but not uncomfortable! When these get loose then I'll start trying on those jeans!
  • ali258
    Options
    Well I've got on those black dress pants! Still a little snug but not uncomfortable! When these get loose then I'll start trying on those jeans!

Great job! I have a nice gray suit I'm waiting to get back into. I think that's about 15-20 lbs away.
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Great job MamaCindy!!! :happy: Doesn't it feel great? :wink: :wink: Hope you are continuing to do well as a new week begins.

Blessings, :flowerforyou:

Jessica
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    I have definitely had a not so good two days. Friday night I took off intentionally as my "free night' and figured I would just weigh myself on Monday. But then tonight, we went to watch the football game at a restaurant. I told myself I wasn't going to eat anything there since I had already eaten dinner, but I didn't plan for the fact that I ate dinner at 6:30 and the game ended around 11:30. I should have brought a healthy, low-calorie snack, and I will do that next time. I ended up having some tortilla chips with cheese and chili, and I didn't stuff myself on them or anything, and I did have some calories left over after dinner, but it did put me about 200 calories over for the day. It's not the end of the world, but next time I will use what I learned this time, and either bring something healthy to have if I get hungry or look online ahead of time and plan for a snack I can eat at the restaurant. At least I didn't have any alcohol because then I'm sure I would have gone completely overboard on the chips. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'm really going to have to get myself back on track now.

We've all been there before. The important thing is that you noticed your mistake, you have a solution for that situation next time, and you recognize that today is a new day. Don't ever give up on yourself because you are worth all of this!!! :flowerforyou: I would love to hear how your week goes this week. The one thing you want to be careful of is falling into the trap of "I messed up so I'll just give up." I have always done that in the past, but this time feels so much different. Keep up the great work and you will be in that gray suit in no time!!! :wink:

Have a blessed week,

Jessica :flowerforyou:
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Well ladies, I did my weekly weigh in and I was down 2.5 lbs. When I started I was actually 161.5. I had rounded down to 160 for easy figures, but I editted it today and put in the 161.5. Now that I have lost that 1.5 lbs I want credit for it!!! :laugh: So anyways, I then went down to 155.5 (but I had put 155), and then 154.5 (and I had put 154). SO...I truly lost 2.5 lbs. I hope this all makes sense and sorry that I was rounding up or down. I won't do that anymore.

Also, I wanted to report a victory I had last night. :happy: We went to a Chinese resturant (where I love fried everything...egg rolls, crab rangoons, sweet and sour chicken, etc.) and I DIDN'T blow it!!! :happy: I looked online before I left to find the healthiest options, check calories, and update my food diary. I didn't eat anything that I didn't plan on and I got my helping on my plate and knew that was all I got. I savored it...every bite! :wink: Also, I asked for steamed rice, my sauce on the side, and I asked for my entree to be steamed instead of cooked in oil. (That's the normal method used to prepare the dishes that aren't deep fried.) The resturant was very accommodating and I was grateful!

My goals for this week are to work out 6 days this week, eat a little more veggies (aiming for 1 more per day), and to continue staying within my calorie limit. I hope you all have great success this week and let's all keep in touch. Be blessed!!! :flowerforyou:

Jessica
  • ali258
    Options
    Great job at the Chinese restaurant, Jessica! I love to get my Chinese food steamed with sauce on the side. It just tastes so fresh and healthy.

I had a much better day today than on Friday and Saturday. I was completely back on track, took a 30 minute walk with my dogs, and made one of my favorite VERY low calorie recipes. It's crustless pumpkin pie. I even roasted a pumpkin for it. It's just a regular pumpkin pie recipe, but with fresh pumpkin, nonfat milk, splenda, and no crust. It still sticks together just like a normal pumpkin pie. When I figured out the calories it was only 39 calories for 1/8 of the pie. It tastes delicious, but next time I think I need to adjust the splenda and spices a little since the fresh pumpkin tastes way more pumpkin-y than canned. Regardless, I'm sure it will be gone in a few days. :happy:
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Good idea on the crustless pumpkin pie Ali!!! :smile: 39 calories is unbelieveable for a dessert. I'll have to try that sometime. Can't wait to hear from all of you ladies tomorrow.

God is GREAT!!! :happy:

Jessica
  • mamacindy81
    Options
    Good Morning everyone;

I'm reporting 149 on the scale this morning. I wasn't very pleased as I worked really hard last week. I also did measurements since I hadn't done them in a long time. That made me feel a little better because I was smaller measurement wise.

I know, I know that muscle weighs more than fat but still don't we all like to see that scale move!

Well off to my quiet time. I need to get centered before I face anyone else.

My daughter is coming over for lunch today. I can't wait to hear about her trip to Moldolva.
  • gnastro
    gnastro Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Well this morning I was 128.2 lbs. I dropped .6 lbs. I'm hoping i'm shrinking inches wise. I've been working out 6 days a week & lifting 4 days. My super tight jeans fit better now. I just have my favorite pair of gray slacks that are still waiting for me. I managed to go see Toy Story & Toy Story 2 & only ate one peach ring. About 50 calories. My kids had the good stuff but I resisisted.When I got home I had my lunch water & a snack.
    Goal this week to try & eat vegetables.:grumble: I never really liked them as a child.
    Keep up the good work everyone.:wink:

Gina
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hey gnastro, I also only lost about a fraction of a pound last wk so i won't even count it. I also worked out 6 days a wk. perhaps my diet wasn't great last wk tho. hmm....I think I lost inches tho.

oh well..

SW 190
    CW 186
    GW 170
  • ali258
    Options
    I weighed this morning and I'm down .5 to 237.5. I'm okay with only losing half a pound since Friday and Saturday weren't my best days. I'm on track now though, and I'm fully prepared to have a fantastic week. I've even got my walks planned already.

I hope everyone has great weigh-ins!
  • slumberbug
    slumberbug Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone,

Well, I think I had a pretty good week. I am finally learning self control. Of course my husband wasn't thrilled last night when he cooked and I had one plate only and a small plate of that too of steak potatos and yummy sauce. But I am really proud of myself.

Today's weight is 137. I think that is 1.5 loss since last weigh in. More importantly is the cellulite on my thighs is getting less visible and my muffin top smaller. LOL

Hope everyone has a great week!

Pamela
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! I also wanted to report that since starting in September I have lost 4 inches on my waist!!! :happy: I have gone from 36 to 32. I am loving that!!! Keep up the great work ladies and have a great week! :wink:

• nolachick
    Options
    Great job ladies!!! I also wanted to report that since starting in September I have lost 4 inches on my waist!!! :happy: I have gone from 36 to 32. I am loving that!!! Keep up the great work ladies and have a great week! :wink:

skinny jess what's ur diet and exercise routine?
    I more need advice with diet (lunch and dinner) cuz I am doing great on exercise. I was doing healthy choice lunches and that was working out great but then i got tired of it. then last week i did subway lunches but I didnt lose weight so I'm not sure if I should blame it on that.

thnx
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Weighed in over the weekend: 154.6 !!
    lost 2 lbs.
  • SkinnyJess
    Options
    skinny jess what's ur diet and exercise routine?
    I more need advice with diet (lunch and dinner) cuz I am doing great on exercise. I was doing healthy choice lunches and that was working out great but then i got tired of it. then last week i did subway lunches but I didnt lose weight so I'm not sure if I should blame it on that.

thnx

Well, I don't really have any secrets but I can tell you what I've been eating. :wink: Today I had a turkey sandwich with a thin piece of cheese, lettuce and tomato, a LITTLE bit of Miracle Whip Light and mustard. I always have my sandwiches on Sara Lee 45 Calories and Delightful bread. A whole sandwich is less than 200 calories. I had a handful of baby carrots and 1/2 of an apple. I also do leftovers for lunch a lot of days. An example would be a 1/4 lb burger with no cheese or bun, just veggies. I dip it in ketchup and mustard, have it with a salad and fruit and my lunch is under 250 calories. I think you can have almost anything, just have less and add lots of veggies and some fruit. Tonight I am having some lean steak, a small baked potato, and green beans. All of that and it's only 336 calories!!! I am having 1 t Smart Balance on my potato and 1/4 oz. of cheddar cheese and some salt and pepper. And my steak calories are for a 1/4 lb steak. I don't know if this helps, but I will write more later too.

Have a blessed day, :flowerforyou:

Jessica
  • nolachick
    Options
    thnxx jess. will keep that in mind. great job! keep it up:flowerforyou: