Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    He's heard it every time we go to the doctor yet I highly doubt he could repeat it back to me.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    yes he does.
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My husband knows mine and I know his. If I don't tell him he'll just guess it to be at a higher number!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Yeah the poor *kitten* knows everything about me lol
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Once he realized I was making weight loss and fitness a serious focus too ( in the past he has been much more into exercise than myself), he asked me if it was bad etiquette to ask how much I weighed and what my weight loss goals were.

After a minute or so of thought, I decided I didn't mind sharing. A couple days later, he presented me with a new app for my IPad: My Fitness Pal.

And so here I am. And glad I told him. :)
  • divinenanny
    divinenanny Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If I know, he knows.
    For the past months I refused to get on the scales, so I just guestimated. I didn't tell him that, I was too ashamed. But now he knows. He asks me carefully, and never judges me. But yeah, he is also one of those skinny guys (he has to eat and eat and eat to not slip into an underweight-BMI), so it is hard.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO F-IN WAYYYYY.
    lol
    I really don't tell anyone what I weigh.
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm single now, but I've never hid my weight from a boyfriend, and I don't have a problem telling my friends either.
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My wife knows and I know hers, there is no one better to keep you on track and motivated and we are both on MFP
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    he knows. i write my weight on one of those big *kitten* calendars you get at the beginning of the year along with every day i work out. so he sees it.
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yup, he never hears the end of it!

"Damn, I'm up five lbs from my lowest!"..."Yeah, but you've still lost 50lbs from your highest!"..."IT DOESN'T MATTER, I'm still 15lbs from my goal weight!" :laugh:

He is very supportive but always says that the number on the scale doesn't affect what I look like and doesn't make me any more or any less attractive...he says I'm perfect nomatter what shape or size...but then, he HAS to say that, doesn't he :wink: But I love him nomatter what weight he is, so I really should just shut up and listen to him :happy:
  • Kalraii
    Kalraii Posts: 89
    Options
    I keep it from my family! I HATE it and find it so embarrassing when family OR friends come around to scrutinize my exercise plans and eating habits. I have two calenders one that I keep stashed and keep personal things in, out of embarrassment more than anything to hide. It's too close to home right now, but when I lose more weight I'll probably feel less self conscious about it. My boyfriend is extremely understanding and knowing that he would never judge makes me feel secure but doesn't change the fact I want to keep it to myself. Later on maybe :)
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    my Fiancé knows all about my weight, how much i currently weigh, how much i want to get to and how much ive been losing each week :) he doesnt judge me or anything
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Oh yes he knows everything, my start weight, my goal weight, my measurements... every inch lost or every pound lost he's there to celebrate it with me. He's my biggest source of support.

It's good to be open about it, that way he can support me much better in terms of what we eat, when we train etc.

I see no point in doing this "secretly". If I secretly lost a load of weight he's probably worry and think I was ill or something.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Now he does. Before I lost the weight he didn't know the exact number. That was between me, God and my doctor.

Haha, that's how I felt. Recently, though, I finally admitted my highest weight at 346lbs to him, and he really didn't care.

He fell in love with me at 250, stayed in love with me up to almost 350, and loves me just the same at 221. I have never felt so comfortable with someone in my entire life. My own family doesn't even know my heaviest weight, and LOL I will never tell!!! They can speculate all they want.

To the OP though, honey, he has been with you 8 years. He loves you, and truly doesn't care. What you say now won't change the fact that he has loved you through all your weight changes. Any man worth his salt won't care if you tell or not. My boyfriend had asked how much I weighed, and how much I lost.... but I wouldn't tell him for the longest time. He told me it didn't matter, and dropped it. I was the one to bring it up again much later when I felt comfortable, and it feels great to be able to tell someone without shame "I weighed almost 350lbs... and I have lost over 100lbs so far and I couldn't do it without you". Seriously, no shame, feels amazing. Lol, you know what he said? "Oh, well I'm so proud of you" gave me a kiss on the forehead and that's all there has been said about that.

You might be surprised how good it feels to open up to him, even if you don't to anyone else.
  • Mizzl52386
    Mizzl52386 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Of course my SO knows my weight! We share everything and he is determined to help me succeed in any way possible. I guess it doesn't make me feel that bad that I weigh close to 260 because I don't look like I weigh that much. I will never weigh less than him and I know that, bc he's shorter and built smaller than I am, and I am ok with that! He loves me big and he'll love me small but warns me to not get to small lol
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am always telling my husband my weight. Any time it goes down I can't wait to tell him to have him let me know how proud he is of me. Men aren't stupid they have some idea what your weight is even if you don't tell them. I have no secrets from my husband.
  • bailuna
    bailuna Posts: 56
    Options
    We are losing weight together, so yes, he knows.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    hell no . . . he knows approximately what I weigh but not the exact number . . . he does know my bf% . . . he knows my pnats size and how far I've come, but not the damn # on the scale

On a side note . . . I have a really close friend (male) who guesses my weight spot on. Out of the blue he will say, "Looks like you lost 2-3lbs, so that makes you about ____." Its amazing how damn accurate he can be- maybe because he's a military guy?
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I only told my husband how much I weighed last week when I was down 16 pounds. I still was uncomfortable telling him even though I knew he wouldn't care, but I was just so ashamed of the number. Sure enough though, he didn't care.