Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• perestroika1
    perestroika1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, I told him. Because he wanted proof....We have an ongoing wager. if i lose the weight I want to (about 40 lbs) then he will buy me a Pistol. Fair trade-and motivational!!
  • weekendworker
    weekendworker Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes he knows, we are working myfitnesspal together :happy:
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I started this journey I needed his full support and I had to open his eyes. He still saw me at the weight I was 9 years ago (260 now I am 380) and once I told him it was so freeing. He still loves me and lusts after me the same. I was worried he wouldn't. How silly of me.
  • newstar44
    newstar44 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Heck no! But he has tried to guess, and he's actually pretty close...I neither deny nor confirm He says he needs to know how much I weigh so he knows if he can carry me a distance should an emergency come up! I guess if he thinks he can/t then he needs to come up with a plan B! LOL!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yep. My DH met me at 185, after 2 babies and not much physical activity I was closing in on 250. He loves me no matter how many pounds or inches there are. I'm almost back to 200 and he says my butt is rounder than it use to be, which means he is looking at my butt and that makes me smile.
  • karenp40
    karenp40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes he does. We are very honest in our marriage. My husband is very fit. He is an avid road cyclist. His ultimate goal...The tour de france. Oh how i wish i had his endurance and determination. He is supportive of me in every aspect though.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I don't think he knows the ACTUAL number but I know he has a general idea. He doesn't care.
  • alottamoxie
    alottamoxie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My husband knows. We've been married for... almost 8 years now, and for most of them, he had no idea. He saw the weight go up and down, but a number... eff that. I wasn't telling. Now that I'm seriously trying and keeping track of everything, I told him. My goal is 100 lbs in a year, so he's around to keep me motivated.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We've been married 18 years, and he watched me get this fat, so the number doesn't mean much, but yeah I told him. I tell him everything.
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I told my boyfriend at the beginning of our relationship, also i told him when i gained a few pounds. I dont see a point of keeping it a secret. He's not blind =)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    He knows as much as I do lol. I didn't weigh myself for about 2 years, but when I did and came in at my highest ever weight, I told him right away (and that we needed to change our lifestyle). As we both lost weight, we bragged to each other about what we lost every week.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    He doesn't know the number, but I did say how much I wanted to lose. And I mean, it's pretty obvious that I'm overweight when we're naked, lol He likes women not too thin and I'm not trying to get skinny, just back to my normal size 8, which is at 130 pounds.
  • MrsPoodles
    MrsPoodles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've told him, and now we weigh together for our weekly weigh-ins. Then again, even if I wanted to hide it from him, there is pretty much no way I could. He's freakishly good at guessing these things, which I think stems from the fact that he was a male cheerleader. I guess holding girls above your head gives you a better sense of how much they really weigh and the fact that most women fib about their weight. :)