Does your SO know how much you weigh?

Options

Replies

• natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    mine didnt for a long time (been almost 8 years now) but he never asked either. since MFP he cheers me on even when it's only .5 of a lbs and encourages me when it's a gain. i'm down enough now that i'm 15 lbs lighter than when he met me and he has been bragging at work (he says weight issues somehow came up and he mentioned mfp and how well i'm doing, didn't tell them a number just that i'm lighter than when he met and fell in love with me!) if he can see it and loves you anyway then the number shouldn't matter other than to be something to cheer you on when he see's it go down!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Yes, I told him about 2 months into my weight loss journey, at that point we had been together 6 months I think. He was really supportive!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    We have no secrets. It's not a big deal for us - I mean, we see each other naked so what's to hide? :wink:
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    my husband knows my weight (almost 13 years together)

he also has helped me take my measurements ..
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yes! Why not? I also poop with the door open. (but I have the fan on)

This, me at 165; girlfriend is 230. I just told the whole world.
  • Samanthajane1984
    Options
    Yes! Why not? I also poop with the door open. (but I have the fan on)

^^^BAHAHAHA!!! :-) Mine knows...He is my biggest motivator! We have ZERO boundaries :-)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Yep -- my husband is my biggest support and my biggest inspiration. He'll even do a Jillian DVD with me when I am feeling unmotivated but need (to keep up with my goals) to work out. I couldn't imagine my journey to staying healthy without him.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yes, my husband knows how much I weigh. I don't bother hiding it from him, but it does embarrass me that I'm slightly heavier than him even though he's much taller. Transparency is our policy on just about everything.
  • thebrianmo
    thebrianmo Posts: 108
    Options
    I know what my wife weighs and she knows what I weigh. There have NEVER been any secrets in our relationship. If someone loves you they love you regardless of what you weigh or look like. Write your weight down.
  • reshapemariah21
    reshapemariah21 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My husband has seen my worst weight and my current weight, Boy he's seen it all, through the good weigh in's and the bad, so why not show him a number that's steadily decreasing! lol
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My husband knows and he gets as happy as I am on my good weigh ins. I didn't think it was something to hide because he's my best friend.
  • PandaPants612
    Options
    Newp. I got really really lucky and am fortunate enough to be with a man who likes me for what I am now but supports my mission to get healthier. Plus, I carry my weight pretty well and am able to fit into sizes that usually fit people who are 40lbs smaller than I am. He knows I am aiming to lose 70lbs, but he doesn't know what number that will leave me at.

That being said, I would probably tell him if he asked. He tells me repeatedly how attractive he thinks I am and is a bigger cheerleader about my body than I am.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yep. My husband and I know each other's weights. No secrets here.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I talk about my weight every day lol he always knows whenever I lose or gain a pound and gets constant bulletins about what this week's weight is lol
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yep, my boyfriend knows how much I weigh and what my goal weight is :smile:
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    Yeah. I tell him everything. Granted, no one else would know what the scale says but he is a great support system.

I am just glad I finally weigh less than him (and my dad). No one wants to weigh more than their husband!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yes I tell my husband my weight regularly - sometimes I'm proud and sometimes ashamed but I don't see the point in hiding it from him, he sees me naked! :wink:

^ lol yep!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband is a scientist, so he has a good eye for evaluating and measuring and accuracy. So, not only does he know how much I weigh, but I tell him my body fat % and stand naked in front of him asking him if he thinks that is an accurate measurement. I guess I take, "Honey, do I look fat in these jeans" to a whole other level. He said that if I really wanted, he could set up a volume dunk test and give me a fully accurate measurement (these are the kinds of things science couples do for fun). But, I am on the low end of the scale.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows my weight, bodyfat, and even more about my body sometimes than I do. Doesn't bother me. I guess it could be a way of staying on track with somebody else knowing as well.