Dismayed overhearing comments............

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    if I was on a cruise, I wouldn't be worrying about what other people are doing-I would be enjoying myself!

This.

I would leave my judges robes at home.

So how about practicing what you preach? Or is it your job to judge Niner. How are you any different or even worse that what you accuse him of. He was in some situations where he could not avoid these people. You certainly could have avoided this thread if it bothered you. Hypocritical much?

where did I say anythjng about niner? Show me where I said one word about the OP . I agreed with someone's post which did not say crap about OP and made a statement about MYSELF. It was You who chose to screw directly with me. Cry baby much? Whaaaaaaaaaa
    Well you did opine on a responders response. Statement was "if I was on a cruise" which indicates that that responder was directly responding to my post. 2nd part of statement "I wouldn't be worrying about what other people are doing". Your "this" response shows you support the responders opinion. Which intern would lead others to believe that you disagree with what I observed and opined about.
    It was a legitimate assumption, unless you have a different way of explaining it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kybelle132
    Kybelle132 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are genetically programmed to eat when we see food. It's natures way of protecting us in times of famine. However..... most of us here Always have available food. The toughest part is teaching ourselves to look away. So many times friends sabotage our efforts. I have found the ones who do are feeling guilty, knowing they might be better off not having so much either. Just my thoughts.

Hey I found a reason to be glad i have no friends ; )
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I see it as quoting that persons post and adding a statement about myself. I didnt post about someone elses actions, appearance, or anything. I dont care how you feel about it, or the other poster.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I see it as quoting that persons post and adding a statement about myself. I didnt post about someone elses actions, appearance, or anything. I dont care how you feel about it, or the other poster.

Yeah, nice spin. You could have a future in politics. Hey, but a least you handle it maturely. People who live in glass houses.......

You could take a lesson from Niner who has stayed in the thread and handle all the criticism with class. Probably beyond your capabilities though.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Consider the possibility a 300-pound person standing in line may have once weighed 400 pounds and was going on a cruise to celebrate a 100-pound loss.

Not so crazy now, is it?!

:huh: :bigsmile:

Exactly what I was thinking. You don't know what kind of "journey" they were on. And we're all on THIS site for a purpose...would've thought judgment would be minimal.
    So watching someone gorge down a whole pizza after losing 100lbs should be okay? Sorry, but I guess we think differently about rewarding vacations.

IDEA Fitness member
    That "I lost a ton of weight so now I can reward myself by going back to being a glutton" attitude is why so many people have trouble regaining lost weight. That's like a drunk saying "I've been clean for 3 weeks, time to get ****faced!" and someone telling us not to judge them because they used to drink every day!

Wtf people... Let me introduce you to this crazy concept called responsibility, and its twin accountability. Their cousin reality also called, and wants to meet you.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Consider the possibility a 300-pound person standing in line may have once weighed 400 pounds and was going on a cruise to celebrate a 100-pound loss.

Exactly what I was thinking. You don't know what kind of "journey" they were on. And we're all on THIS site for a purpose...would've thought judgment would be minimal.
    So watching someone gorge down a whole pizza after losing 100lbs should be okay? Sorry, but I guess we think differently about rewarding vacations.

IDEA Fitness member
    That "I lost a ton of weight so now I can reward myself by going back to being a glutton" attitude is why so many people have trouble regaining lost weight. That's like a drunk saying "I've been clean for 3 weeks, time to get ****faced!" and someone telling us not to judge them because they used to drink every day!

Wtf people... Let me introduce you to this crazy concept called responsibility, and its twin accountability. Their cousin reality also called, and wants to meet you.

Aw, c'mon now whacky! That is so un-PC of you!! Don'tcha know we are all victims??
  • waldenfam2
    waldenfam2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It's posts like this which make people who are overweight have extremely low confidence. If you don't know the people in question then it's none of your business what they're eating or what they're not eating. Just because you may not agree with their decisions doesn't mean you get to judge them or put them down.

try sticking to positive thoughts/posts about other people, and if you can't handle that why don't you try and think about only your own choices and journey.

I don't think it's posts like this that cause obese people to have low confidence. We do it to ourselves. We beat ourselves up, we feel guilty about our food choices, it's a vicious cycle. There is no one more judgmental than ourselves.

Posts like this point out the obvious. It's what's happening all over the world, more specifically America. We all didn't get fat because people looked down on us, we got fat because we made poor food choices and didn't move enough.

Wow, some honesty! How refreshing. What's up with people projecting thier own emotional issues on Niner for making an observation?

• RaysfanATL
    RaysfanATL Posts: 94
    Options
    Ok, i am one of those that might go off my diet if I splurge on a Cruise or an exotic vacation. But i would make sure I make up for it when I return, or even try to eat as healthy as I can while I am on vacation, but have the occasional treat. It is very hard to eat 100 percent healthy while traveling, I work for an airline and a lot of times I do not have a lot of choices when I am flying or in a country that I am not sure of the content of food.
  • JEZ112
    JEZ112 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    People who do not leave their judges robes at home always assume that the rest of the world is just like them... judging others whether overtly or secretly judging. You are wrong. There are many people out there who truly do not judge. Everyone does not think or behave the same way...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

I HOPE THIS WAS THE CASE!!!!!!!!!!!

In this case, I would hope not or they have not learned a thing about food and unhealthy attachment is still there. You never reward yourself with food for any reason.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I bow down to you............(and that never happens :laugh: )
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I usually don't comment on things but this really bothers me. I have had to deal with people like this my entire life. I am overweight. I am overweight because of several reasons...mainly I overeat and don't exercise enough. I am trying to make a change. The last thing I need is some judgemental person making negative comments like this. What I choose to eat or not eat is my business...and only mine....please keep your insulting judgements to yourself...

Initially I disagreed with you, but you may have a point. If this was posted in the General forum instead of the Food forum, would it get a different reaction?
  • almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    But a bigger question is, why does our healthcare system use a disease model and not a prevention model? Why are lap-band surgeons making so much more money than personal trainers?

Just a wild guess: that they are higher skilled? There are also far more personal trainers than lap-band surgeons.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I usually don't comment on things but this really bothers me. I have had to deal with people like this my entire life. I am overweight. I am overweight because of several reasons...mainly I overeat and don't exercise enough. I am trying to make a change. The last thing I need is some judgemental person making negative comments like this. What I choose to eat or not eat is my business...and only mine....please keep your insulting judgements to yourself...

Initially I disagreed with you, but you may have a point. If this was posted in the General forum instead of the Food forum, would it get a different reaction?

People need to stop taking this to heart and personally. That is why their feelings are butt hurt and the boo hooo is coming out.

Suck it up and make the changes.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Ok, i am one of those that might go off my diet if I splurge on a Cruise or an exotic vacation. But i would make sure I make up for it when I return, or even try to eat as healthy as I can while I am on vacation, but have the occasional treat. It is very hard to eat 100 percent healthy while traveling, I work for an airline and a lot of times I do not have a lot of choices when I am flying or in a country that I am not sure of the content of food.
    I don't think that anyone will eat as good as they usually do while on vacation. But at the same time even if the menu isn't the best, it's probably not in a persons best interest to overconsume just because they are on vacation especially if they are battling weight issues to begin with. I know I went over a few hundred calories per day, but some people were eating 2000 calories meals per sitting.

IDEA Fitness member
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Aw, c'mon now whacky! That is so un-PC of you!! Don'tcha know we are all victims??
    It's not my fault, I was born missing the gene that allows me to believe people's bull****... It's like that "metabolism" thing, only instead of making me fat, it makes me a jerk. IT'S NOT MY FAULT IT'S MY GENES!!! I AM A VICTIM, PITY ME!!!
    :PPPPPPPPP
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Everyone does not think or behave the same way...
    That's for sure. I saw that on the cruise........................

IDEA Fitness member
  • nikanddaboys
    Options
    Spot on....personal judgements about others should be discarded....people need to worry about themselves and leave the judging to the man upstairs. Maybe if there was more love and acceptance in the world, people wouldn't turn to food...they'd turn to people!!!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    word. totally agree.... it's just sad...
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I'd agree if the judgemental people felt the same about the 117 lb person stuffing themselves as they do the 250 lb person. But rarely do you ever hear about how gross a skinny person going back for 3rds is while that fat person gets the stares and not quite whispered comments.
This discussion has been closed.