guns or no guns?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I already stated PRO.
    OMG!!!! Coming from england jeeezzzz anti completely!! Alot of ppl are pro yet what has just happened am i missing something here ......

Lets see, one nutjob killed people. 40 million legal gun owners did not.

Someone stabbed a guy down the street with a steak knife last week, we should take steak knives away from everyone who uses them responsibly.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    pro-gunners: you should take toronto's mayor and keep him for yourselves. we don't need him

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/23/rob-ford-to-seek-up-to-10m-from-dalton-mcguinty-for-more-police-after-spike-in-gun-violence/
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    If there were no guns how would my family bond? And one person in that theater with a gun could have stopped that sicko before that many people died.

Not necessarily... unless the person was an incredibly good shot... because the psycho was wearing a bullet proof vest and a riot helmet....

Do you think said madman focusing on one person, instead of randomly shooting into a crowd of 150 is better or worse of a situation?

Also, regardless of body armor...taking a pistol round will hurt/break ribs/knock wind out ect. Body armor does not make you invincible.
  • calroseangelo
    Options
    PRO GUN...my husband works at Springfield Armory...take away guns, you take away our livelihood.
  • Pacileo4Evers
    Pacileo4Evers Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WHO am I scared my husband left for Afghanistan last year he was intent on getting me a gun, well not even three moths later 2 guys broke in my house( our drug dealing crack head neighbors) while me and my roommate( girl) were sleeping, your telling me had I not slept with a gun under my husbands pillow and had I not grabbed my gun when I heard my roommate scream would have been rapped or even worse dead. sorry personal experience it DOES happen!

and no I feel no remorse for shooting some one that was intent on hurting me! the only that sucks is its been over a year and i'm steal dealing with the courts :grumble:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Pro gun.
  • elmarko123
    elmarko123 Posts: 89
    Options
    Anti-gun,

Guns in a population with low crime, low poverty & a low propensity for developing mental disorders are not that much of a problem, unfortunately the USA is a cesspit of crime, poverty, mental illness & gross stupidity (very clear from this thread).
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Guns
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I'll go anti-gun, and I live in Canada, where we have a constitution, a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and a gun death rate 1/6th of that of our American friends.

and 1/10th the population.
    \

1/6th the gun death rate per 100,000 people. 1/60th the actual count of gun deaths.
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    pro gun
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    If there were no guns how would my family bond? And one person in that theater with a gun could have stopped that sicko before that many people died.

Not necessarily... unless the person was an incredibly good shot... because the psycho was wearing a bullet proof vest and a riot helmet....

Do you think said madman focusing on one person, instead of randomly shooting into a crowd of 150 is better or worse of a situation?

Also, regardless of body armor...taking a pistol round will hurt/break ribs/knock wind out ect. Body armor does not make you invincible.

I get that... and I agree... but I don't think the other shooter (if one was around because seriously, who thinks, "Man, I better take my gun to the movies... there might be some psycho shooting up the place tonight!") would have been able to take him out as many seem to suggest... even if he was a good shot, there would be high risk for collateral damage, with people trying to escape.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    To set the record straight fully automatic rifles have been illegal since the 1930's unless you are able to obtain a class III firearms permit which is extremely hard to come by.

You did not set the record straight- instead you muddled it.

Full auto weapons have NEVER been illegal unless a state declared them illegal within their borders. Instead they became regulated at the federal level.

A Class III is not hard to come by per se- once you have your FFL it is relatively easy.

Having the Class III allows you to sell, buy and transfer an NFA item. You do NOT need a Class III to own an NFA weapon. As a private individual you go through an NFA dealer to transfer the item to you via an ATF Form 1 or Form 4. However, as a private individual you cannot just sell your machingun, silencer, etc to someone and hand it over- you typically MUST go through a Class III dealer (but if you live in the same state as the buyer you as the seller can file the paperwork- many find it easier just to go through a dealer and save the hassle).

NFA (National Firearms Acts) items that are controlled are machineguns, suppressors (i.e. silencers), short barreled rifles (SBR), short barreled shotguns (SBS), destructive device (DD) (i.e. 40mm grenade launchers, hand grenades, etc) and Any Other Weapon (i.e. briefcase guns, pen guns, etc). There have been three primary NFA acts passed- the one from the 1930s, the 1968 GCA, and the 1986 GCA.

As an fyi- the ATF is so overwhelmed with people buying Class III items the wait time is now 6-9 months to get paperwork back(it used to be less then 2 months). People are buying SBR's and Suppressors in droves! Many suppressor companies cannot keep up with the demand
  • meldaniel
    meldaniel Posts: 111
    Options
    and oh, btw...does anyone really think that a deranged murderer cares about breaking a gun law? Please. All you accomplish there is keeping guns away from the responsible, law abiding citizens. Outlawing guns or even specific kinds of guns only creates a demand for a black market and more criminal gun dealers. prohibition didn't work, the war on drugs has been one of the biggest failures and wastes of money in american history, and outlawing or severely restricting guns will only do the same thing. Look at Mexico for an example.
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Pro
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Pro-gun 110%

And not to be political, but it's people that kill people, NOT the guns. Last I checked, the gun (or knife, drugs, etc) didn't jump up and say 'oh, I wanna kill someone today!'. It would be the person.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Then I am anti people.

:drinker: Me, too!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    While it's true that guns dont kill people, people do, guns make it easier for people to do it. They give people a sense of power, and that can become consuming. Making it harder for people to get them will naturally reduce the amount that there are. Sure, crims will always have them, but at least then its only the hardcore crims that will get them, not just your average liquor store robber.

Anti-gun.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Pro gun.
    In the same way I am pro-seatbelt.

I have them. They work well.
    And I sincerly hope I never NEED to use them.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Anti-guns
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I'll go anti-gun, and I live in Canada, where we have a constitution, a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and a gun death rate 1/6th of that of our American friends.

The United States has 313,967,000 citizens.
    Canada has 34,865,700 citizens

We have 9x the people you do. So your 1/6th is about right...

What was your point again??

Learn stats terminology. 1/6th the RATE of gun deaths, not 1/6th the gun deaths. In actual count, we have 1/60th the number of gun deaths.
  • jopperman84
    Options
    Pro-guns. The more, the merrier. They are no different than a hammer, just a tool which can be used by its wielder for a variety of applications. Personally, I like to use mine to hunt, and to shoot targets for fun (i.e. "plinking"). And, if I had to, I would use them to protect myself or my family.