Ladies: Best Way To Approach You In The Gym?

Options

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    with a fresh towel and cold water. and then politely make your way back to wherever you came from.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I am going to go with Don't. Or if you absolutely must and are wanting a good outcome...do it before she gets all hot and sweaty. :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    (if he's hot- which he probably is if he's comfortable enough to approach a chick at the gym)

Him: Wanna share a bench? I'll spot you if you're looking to PR today.
    Me: *panties drop*
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options

Offer to spot her while she lifts so she can lift heavier? Build a friendly, casual relationship with her and see where that leads?

^^ This.

Absolutely this! I had a guy do this the other day and I actually took him up on the offer. It was nice to have someone to spot me and he's nice!
  • yoovie
    Options
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to approach a girl who is in full make-up, hair done, matching outfit, and she's glancing around while casually RUNNING on a 3.5 setting on the treadmill. barely breaks a sweat, continues for 5 minutes, gets off, stretches for 25 minutes and then leaves.

THESE are the girls that are there to be hit on!!!

girls with serious sweat and a mission, you'd better not so much interrupt anything!!!

Thats fully unfair :( - like - **** blocking effing mean- kinda unfair.

I go to the gym in black and grey and baggy tank etc to lift and lift heavy and leave looking like Ive been gangbangeded. But I also am single and know that if I spend time doing the things I love to do, and working on goals that are important to me- then Im much more likely to run into men that are also doing what they love and working on goals that are important to them and those things will be similar to mine! So if a sexy guy walks up to me at the gym and starts a fitness-related conversation while Im waiting for a machine or getting water or signing in or waiting on the bathroom or im cooling down on the treadmill or stretching.... Im going to absolutely want to keep talking to him and hopefully he'll be leaving around the same time as me and we can GO GET A DAMN CHOCOLATE MILK

**** blockers. want men to assume that every chick in the gym is either a brainless flufftard or a married woman on the edge of her seat ready to man-bash.

yo there are normal friggin women in the middle still.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    wait until she stops doing whatever shes doing, i personally hate when people talk to me while working out
  • Beautiful_Ideal
    Beautiful_Ideal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Simple.

Don't.

Sorry.

This.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Offer to spot her while she lifts so she can lift heavier? Build a friendly, casual relationship with her and see where that leads?

yes. thats what im screamin.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    NOT while I am in the middle of my cardio routine thats for sure.
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say that you shouldn't assume someone isn't married just because there's no ring. I take my ring off when I lift because I don't want callouses.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Simple.

Don't.

Sorry.

Yeah, this is my camp. Now it might just be because I'm married, but I wouldn't like being hit on in the gym. That being said, I am friendly with all the guys who lift around the same time I do. conversations about what programs we're doing, how we decided on those programs, what else we're doing to compliment those work outs, etc. But if I'm in for an hour on the dreadmill and wearing my ear buds, don't talk to me.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'd like to say that you shouldn't assume someone isn't married just because there's no ring. I take my ring off when I lift because I don't want callouses.

I take my ring off no matter what exercise I'm doing because I swell.
  • dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    That is one thing I have no plans to ever do...every girl in the gym looks downright angry and ready to bite every guy's face off if we so much as glance their way.

LMAO - apparently my gym face says f**k off and don't even dare touch.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    So this is a question I've long since wondered about. From time to time you cross a pretty girl in the gym and you assume she has similar interests and are curious to learn more about her...So how do you initiate a conversation without sending the wrong message/signals?

Pretend this is a person who you've made continual eye contact a few-several times with. They appear friendly...but you both constantly have your music in and move with purpose...presumably because you've both just gotten out of work and want to finish up your duties as soon as possible. He comes up to you and leads off with....?

Hey, whats up?
    Come here often?
    Nice Nike's?

I don't think so...What would the ideal guy say?

Dont, at least not until you run into her in the parking lot... Women go to the gym to work out, and thats the last place they want to be hit on!! Not to mention, she will wonder if you are watching her all the time, making her more self aware of what shes doing, and it will make her uncomfortable.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to approach a girl who is in full make-up, hair done, matching outfit, and she's glancing around while casually RUNNING on a 3.5 setting on the treadmill. barely breaks a sweat, continues for 5 minutes, gets off, stretches for 25 minutes and then leaves.

THESE are the girls that are there to be hit on!!!

girls with serious sweat and a mission, you'd better not so much interrupt anything!!!

Thats fully unfair :( - like - **** blocking effing mean- kinda unfair.

I go to the gym in black and grey and baggy tank etc to lift and lift heavy and leave looking like Ive been gangbangeded. But I also am single and know that if I spend time doing the things I love to do, and working on goals that are important to me- then Im much more likely to run into men that are also doing what they love and working on goals that are important to them and those things will be similar to mine! So if a sexy guy walks up to me at the gym and starts a fitness-related conversation while Im waiting for a machine or getting water or signing in or waiting on the bathroom or im cooling down on the treadmill or stretching.... Im going to absolutely want to keep talking to him and hopefully he'll be leaving around the same time as me and we can GO GET A DAMN CHOCOLATE MILK

**** blockers. want men to assume that every chick in the gym is either a brainless flufftard or a married woman on the edge of her seat ready to man-bash.

yo there are normal friggin women in the middle still.

This. I've made friends with girls at the gym by talking about fitness, and often those conversations spill over into non fitness related topics, if you have other things in common you can make a stab at doing something outside the gym.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Simple.

Don't.

Sorry.

please ignore this. just dont hit on the sour ladies.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I think that waiting until she is leaving the gym, maybe in the hallway or something would be a more accepted approach, I get annoyed when guys try to talk to me during my workout... I am there to look ugly, break a sweat and kick my own *kitten*... leave me alone... HAHA

But dont follow her outside to talk.. SOUNDS STALKERESQUE!!!
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    not the place for that...leave me alone and let me get my workout in...im sure she feels the same way...

unless she is one of those 2.0 full make-up strolling on the treadmill on the cell phone girls, then belch who needzya anyway.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Women go to the gym to work out, and thats the last place they want to be hit on!! Not to mention, she will wonder if you are watching her all the time, making her more self aware of what shes doing, and it will make her uncomfortable.

^ that woman is only talking about herself, she isnt speaking for the rest of us I SWEARTAGAWD.

I feel like im on a mission here just hoping some nutter here goes to my gym and can take the good news back to everyone else that all those myths about not hitting on girls at the gym are untrue.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    There have been a few times I wished a dude would talk to me, and I know it's my fault to because I should have said something, too.

I don't know. Just a "Hello, how are you today?" works for me. Or if she's listening to her mp3 player or something you could ask her what she's listening to. Just start a conversation. No need to be weird or freaked out. :)