What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Options

Replies

• _Pepper
    _Pepper Posts: 8
    Options
    Half English (MOM)/ Half scandinavian (DAD) :smile:
    some people say I look brazilian.. nuts :explode:
  • lori_en
    lori_en Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've been mistaken for Italian, Greek and Spanish when in Europe and Australian when in America due to my accent being confusing!!!

I'm English for at least two generations on both sides of my family, am Dutch Jew on my mother's side after that, but I get the colouring that makes people mistake my nationality from my dad's side and they are as English as you can get, as far as I'm aware!
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    I've been asked if I'm West Indian (from the west indies). But most of the time I get "what you mixed with?! You got pretty hair." lol -_-
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Greek - I tan VERY easily and for some reason get asked if I am greek, dunno why.
  • _LilPowerHouse
    _LilPowerHouse Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Im Hispanic (Puerto Rican) and like most hispanics in the U.S. we all get mistaken for being Mexican.. =/
    But once I had a lady at work that thought I was Chinese.. now thats a WTF? moment.. I have no features that would
    indicate that.. :noway:
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I've gotten Spanish, Italian, Greek, eastern European. Most never usually guess correctly: Chinese (Dad) / Caucasian (Mom)... unless they are Asian or an Asian-mix themselves. :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Everything under the sun, from Latina to Black. :)
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm often told I have 'Italian features.'

Not sure what that means tbh...
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Ive gotten Caucasian, Nigerian (WHAT?), Lebanese, Italian (somehow), ummmm.... i think thats it. LOL
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm Mauritian, but no one would guess that in a million years

So I always get (in this order): Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Afghani, Sri Lankan, Moroccan, Tunisian, Iranian, Iraqi, South African, Kenyan, Brazilian(?!), and on a couple of occasions Peruvian, because people have given up at that point :laugh:

I live in an area where everyone's Eastern European, black and asian, so I suppose I have to fall into one of those ethnicities lol
  • YokoJ
    Options

Your pic is tricky! Lol what exactly is your ethnicity? If you dnt mind me asking.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm Mauritian, but no one would guess that in a million years

So I always get (in this order): Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Afghani, Sri Lankan, Moroccan, Tunisian, Iranian, Iraqi, South African, Kenyan, Brazilian(?!), and on a couple of occasions Peruvian, because people have given up at that point :laugh:

I live in an area where everyone's Eastern European, black and asian, so I suppose I have to fall into one of those ethnicities lol
    Wow, you are stunning!
  • andie2013
    andie2013 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm Colombian, but people have mistaken me to be from eastern europe, iraq, Turkey(actually people from there thought I was and one came speaking turkish to and I'm like: "I'm sorry?"), italy, all over central and south america...my looks and accent throw everyone off... so far only 2 people have been able to get right away where I'm from. haha

I love making people guess nowadays, it is amusing hearing what far off places people think I'm from
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I am Irish, African American, Puerto Rican and Cherokee Indian.

A lot of people mistake me for being Asian mix or East Indian. I guess since I have a small mix of Taino & Cherokee Indian in me it's kinda accurate...

When I lived in Miami, everyone thought I was Dominican even the other African Americans...Nope! but they were close....

My husband is always mistaken for being white. He isn't though. He is Italian, Nigerian & Swiss from Brazil... He flips out when someone calls him white... ha ha ha ha
  • raccoon182
    raccoon182 Posts: 29
    Options
    The only ethnicity I've ever been mistaken for was Romanian because I used to dye my hair really dark and my complexion is similar. Most of my blood traces back to Russian, which is close enough to Romania, I guess. :ohwell:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Your pic is tricky! Lol what exactly is your ethnicity? If you dnt mind me asking.

I am African American, Native American and Chinese. :)
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Albino. Even though that's not an ethnicity lol
  • YokoJ
    Options

I am African American, Native American and Chinese. :)

What a nice melting pot of cultures!!!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Everything. Almost everything. I'm mixed, Brazilian, Arabic, Indian.

When I was in Italy, people thought I was southern Italian. I've been mistaken for Greek, Portugese, Spanish, Mexican. Pretty much most latin countries. Indian, Arabic, Lebanese. It's a game, lets guess Allie's ethnicity :)
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm Colombian, but people have mistaken me to be from eastern europe, iraq, Turkey(actually people from there thought I was and one came speaking turkish to and I'm like: "I'm sorry?"), italy, all over central and south america...my looks and accent throw everyone off... so far only 2 people have been able to get right away where I'm from. haha

I love making people guess nowadays, it is amusing hearing what far off places people think I'm from

My S/O is Colombian and no one ever guesses it right. A lot of people thinks he's Dominican, full on Caribbean or other places in South America, but never Colombian
    I thought he was Mexican when we first met lol