What nationality/ethnicity people have mistaken you?

Options

Replies

• essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Aw shoot. Depends on where in the world I am. Most of the time, here in the States, people think I'm Mexican or of some hispanic/latin descent. Other times people have thought I'm Thai, Indian, etc. I am Filipino and probably take more after the spanish blood I might have in my family. When I'm anywhere besides the U.S. people usually guess that I'm from the Philippines.
  • iamihobo
    iamihobo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    LOL

Hebrew and Latino at one point
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am 1/2 Spanish and the rest is native American and white. I get confused for different races all of the time.lol.

Me too. I'm half Mexican and a quarter Cherokee and quarter "white" LOL. People are always surprised.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm Russian. I get mistaken for being Mexican or German a lot. Mexican mainly because of my name and people just assume I can speak Spanish.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm half-Mexican, part German/Czech/English/Scottish/Irish/Cajun. People generally think I'm Italian or Russian.
  • ChinaDollTKP
    ChinaDollTKP Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 1/2 chinese (first generation of my fam in US), 1/4 german and 1/4 cherokee. Most commonly people think I am hispanic or spanish I alwyas have people coming up amd speaking to me in spanish. , then hawaian, and then there are even sone who tell me I just look white. The more weight I lose the more caucasian I seem to look.
  • Rylansmommy12
    Options
    I Am mexican and white. I Have been asked if i was a p.r before.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Indian
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Asian
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I'm the one all the way to the right in my pic. Went up to Toronto a couple weekends ago and these guys from Ireland thought I was Irish, because of how I looked and they said I had an Irish accent! That was a first. 100% Polish heritage, born in USA
  • Pennyae
    Pennyae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lebanese and sometimes Indian. I'm Greek.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Mexican
  • desi9837
    desi9837 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm half white and Hispanic, but I've been told I look Japanese (they always say it's the hair and eyes). But "mi nariz indio" always gives it away jaja
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I was mistaken for Chinese when I was very little, I had black hair and my eyes weren't very wide. As a kid after I tanned all summer from stuff I would be mistaken for Hispanic. I had an art teacher tell me I looked Native American. Granted I have Native American blood in me, but it's very diluted. I've even been told I look like I'm a mixed child (Black x White) though I never could understand why.
  • futurecti
    futurecti Posts: 5
    Options
    People always think i'm mexican. I AM WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kvalmera
    kvalmera Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am a mix of all sorts (Italian, Irish and Creole) but people often mistake me for hispanic. But when I tan, people think I am mixed with african american and hispanic/white.
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I usually get pegged as being of Irish descent...and I am.

Must be the Guinness I drink! lol
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm white but often I have been mistaken for Native American (even by Native Americans) and a few times Mexican. The greatest part is that my husband is a registered tribal member for our local (Native American) tribe.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Filipino. I am Chinese.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm African-American, but get mistaken for Cuban or Brazilian on occasion--especially when I'm hangin' in Miami!