Stop Begging For Friends!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    MikeDaMotivator Posts: 1,144
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. Up to now everybody have been great and I've learned many helpful things to help me reach my "healthy living" goal. I'm glad MFP exists. FYI, requesting for friends doesn't mean begging for friends. I don't beg for friends, especially not to you. I don't appreciate intimidation and discouraging comments.

Yes ma'am.
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP. Up to now everybody have been great and I've learned many helpful things to help me reach my "healthy living" goal. I'm glad MFP exists. FYI, requesting for friends doesn't mean begging for friends. I don't beg for friends, especially not to you. I don't appreciate intimidation and discouraging comments.

I so agree ( High five ) ^I^
  • mnlght535
    mnlght535 Posts: 84
    Options
    Mike,

If you started in a new city, and walked in to a cafe and said "I'm looking for some friends!" and a bunch of awesome happy people all stood up and said "Hell yeah!" it would be pretty cool huh?

Here is the only place someone can broadcast that they just want some friends, and people who give a damn, will actually be their friend, based on the reason for most people being here in the first place.

Absolutely agreed.
  • mnlght535
    mnlght535 Posts: 84
    Options

I so agree ( High five ) ^I^

Agree :)
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Mike, with all due respect, this should be the one place where someone can come without someone like you telling them something makes them look bad! There also might be 1 or 2 people here who have dealt with rejection (ya think?) and if they are more comfortable asking people to take the step to friend them, so what? We're all working our own programs and should know that we can't work or control anyone else's.

Well said. What was I thinking?

Right now Im thinking of how cool your beard is. You are awesome!!!

You were thinking? :glasses:

Yeah, I'm working the Aging Hippie thing to the max. :happy:

I suppose I should do a profile pic showing the gray ponytail.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Mike, with all due respect, this should be the one place where someone can come without someone like you telling them something makes them look bad! There also might be 1 or 2 people here who have dealt with rejection (ya think?) and if they are more comfortable asking people to take the step to friend them, so what? We're all working our own programs and should know that we can't work or control anyone else's.

Well said. What was I thinking?

Right now Im thinking of how cool your beard is. You are awesome!!!

You were thinking? :glasses:

Yeah, I'm working the Aging Hippie thing to the max. :happy:

I suppose I should do a profile pic showing the gray ponytail.

That would be awesome brother! My hair stopped growing on top of my head so all I have is my beard. Yours is way more awesome but I think you should do the ponytail as well.
  • kimber53171
    Options
    I actually agree with you. Those annoy me too. I don't get on here to make friends. I mainly just use the site to log calories and exercise. I rarely read the forums and usually only the ones I think might be helpful to me in my struggles to lose weight and get fit, but there are an overwhelming number of the "friends" threads and I often wonder if those people miss the whole point here. Or maybe I am missing it. Who knows?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I actually agree with you. Those annoy me too. I don't get on here to make friends. I mainly just use the site to log calories and exercise. I rarely read the forums and usually only the ones I think might be helpful to me in my struggles to lose weight and get fit, but there are an overwhelming number of the "friends" threads and I often wonder if those people miss the whole point here. Or maybe I am missing it. Who knows?

You are absolutely right!!! Friends are a bonus if they are trully doing what they are supposed to be doing. If not they might as well just stick to facebook. But Obviously I have caused to much trouble with this post so I am getting ready to go to bed after I eat this cookie dough. To many people called me mean so Im going to consume 24 squares of raw cookie dough!! Choclate Chip.
  • bigaussiebloke
    bigaussiebloke Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love Lamp!
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options

You are absolutely right!!! Friends are a bonus if they are trully doing what they are supposed to be doing. If not they might as well just stick to facebook. But Obviously I have caused to much trouble with this post so I am getting ready to go to bed after I eat this cookie dough. To many people called me mean so Im going to consume 24 squares of raw cookie dough!! Choclate Chip.

Yum - you really should share. Oh wait you're mean LOL
    Really we need different fonts for sarcasm and humour around here :drinker:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Yum - you really should share. Oh wait you're mean LOL
    Really we need different fonts for sarcasm and humour around here :drinker:

LOL I am willing to share.
This discussion has been closed.