Putting your KID on a leash

Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Violence
    1.Behavior involving physical force intended to damage, or kill someone or something.
    2.Strength of emotion or an unpleasant or destructive natural force.

Spanking
    An act of slapping the buttocks with an open hand as a punishment for children.

(I am not for spanking just clearing that up lol) :bigsmile:
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would want to run away to if I were on a leash oh excuse me 'harness',it's called spanking them if they don't listen try it.Dont put a child on a leash.

It is illegal to spank a child under the age of 2 where I live and lawmakers would like to change that to 3 or 4, for very good reasons (most people stupid enough to physically punish a 2 or 3 year old are abusive).
    Harnesses I have seen say age 18 months +. You can't spank an 18 month old, well you can but then your children should be taken away from you.
    (I don't use a harness and have a 16 year old who never needed one when she was young, maybe I will someday for the 18 month old though, I don't judge those who do.)
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    A matter of opinion. My view is that spanking a child is an act of violence. A man slapping a women is considered violence against that women, so imo spanking a child is no different. But my son has not been spanked, he has made it to 5 years old without having one. If using a harness got me to that point then I am even happier at the job I am doing & the tools I use to do it.

If other parents feel spanking is a necessary tool in their child's life then that's their call but it's not something I wish to use.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Okay I actually hated leashes/harness on kids till...dundun dunnnnn my youngest was born and started walking...She is still a wonder-er and a Houdini...You glance a way from her for a second and she is gone, climbing shelves or worse yet talking to whoever is around...So yes I started using a leash/harness for her in places that strollers were hard to manover or just won't fit, stores at the mall, farmers markets and flea markets with gravel walk ways things like that...Then my youngest was able to walk and I was able to actually look at something, rather than panicking that my child would be the next child put on nancy grace, for being missing....Its gotten better as she has gotten older, now she atleast won't go up to strangers...Sigh but my view on it is don't like it great don't use one...But I would rather get some dirty looks, be called lazy or what have you than my child be taken or ran over b/c I glanced a way for half a second.
    i have a niece like that. three butt whoopings later, she stands exactly where you put her umless you say otherwise. my mom kept a wooden spoon in her purse when i was a kid. between that and the red light green light game i learned.
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    I like leashes just fine.

Oh wait, on kids? I don't have any kids.

Or pets.

HAHAHA !!!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    :huh: since were on the subject of what our grandmothers did, mine(now 87 started having them at 16) raised 6 by herself(well she did get the $2.50 a week in child support(not that much even for the lat 50's early 60's) worked full time used a rope to teather her small kids to her, and beat the piss out of the older ones to get them to stay in line......

The reason I mentioned my grandmother was in response to the person who said "people with only one child...." That person was trying to say it's easier to handle one child try having multiple and see...

So I refer to my grandmother who raised 3 and never used a leash. If it was a aunt I would have said my aunt if it was a friend I would have said my friend..It so happens that I said my grandmother. Then her age came into play lol and the old time days, which wasn't even the point. That was just an example of someone I know who raised multiple children without a leash.
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pro-safety and pro-exercise...therefore, pro-harness.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :huh: since were on the subject of what our grandmothers did, mine(now 87 started having them at 16) raised 6 by herself(well she did get the $2.50 a week in child support(not that much even for the lat 50's early 60's) worked full time used a rope to teather her small kids to her, and beat the piss out of the older ones to get them to stay in line......

The reason I mentioned my grandmother was in response to the person who said "people with only one child...." That person was trying to say it's easier to handle one child try having multiple and see...

So I refer to my grandmother who raised 3 and never used a leash. If it was a aunt I would have said my aunt if it was a friend I would have said my friend..It so happens that I said my grandmother. Then her age came into play lol and the old time days, which wasn't even the point. That was just an example of someone I know who raised multiple children without a leash.

....at least they have one child, babysiting your cuzen/nephew...or what ever dose not make you an expert on parenting, now if your grandmother or mother or even your uncle posted on harnesses people wouldnt be so offened however you are not them and have proven time and time again to just be trolling
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    at least they have one child, babysiting your cuzen/nephew...or what ever dose not make you an expert on parenting, now if your grandmother or mother or even your uncle posted on harnesses people wouldnt be so offened however you are not them and have proven time and time again to just be trolling

I took care of him in evey way from he was 2 if to you that's babysitting then who am I to argue. When he had a cut I dressed it, when he cried I took care of him when he was scared at nights he crawled into my bed. When he had doctors/dental appointments I took him,I cooked those meals and washed those clothes. You call it baby sitting all you want to prove your non-existent point. The thread is "Putting your Kid on a leash", not Is "IamSheaMc a troll?".

Show me where I said I was an expert parent? I am a troll now because I say I haven't used a leash on a child and I wouldn't? Call me all the names you want dear if it makes you feel better about yourself or that your point has been proven.

Just remember you can always ignore the troll, I reply to people who quote me so don't feel special.