PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    *pulls up a chair with some awesomely buttery popcorn. Munch.*
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    And I advocate them for sheeps. :)

I'm a troll for opposing? smh
    I am not and will never be a sheep. My stands is "No, to leashing" I never told anyone on here "do not leash "your" child" I said I don't agree...

Guess i'm just going to troll on with this mind of my own..

I said I don't agree and people assume I am looking down at them and thinking i'm superior or better or a troll (actual words used by posters).. I can't tell people what to do! I am just saying I don't like it and never had one put on me nor have I put it on the child I cared

Well then, if I'm incorrect that you're trolling, I do apologize. But you don't simply disagree with people--you put them down with snide remarks. Which is why some of us assume you're trolling. I'll correct you then, and let you know that I'm not a "sheep." I wouldn't say a person thinking leashes are acceptable is a "sheep" by social standards. Most people DON'T use leashes...so then...are THEY the sheep, by your logic?

Also, I'd like to agree with whoever said "they're not leashes, they're harnesses." Probably one of the best things I've honestly read here. I'm kind of bummed at myself for calling it a leash, too. :ohwell:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Okay I actually hated leashes/harness on kids till...dundun dunnnnn my youngest was born and started walking...She is still a wonder-er and a Houdini...You glance a way from her for a second and she is gone, climbing shelves or worse yet talking to whoever is around...So yes I started using a leash/harness for her in places that strollers were hard to manover or just won't fit, stores at the mall, farmers markets and flea markets with gravel walk ways things like that...Then my youngest was able to walk and I was able to actually look at something, rather than panicking that my child would be the next child put on nancy grace, for being missing....Its gotten better as she has gotten older, now she atleast won't go up to strangers...Sigh but my view on it is don't like it great don't use one...But I would rather get some dirty looks, be called lazy or what have you than my child be taken or ran over b/c I glanced a way for half a second.
  • PANZERIA
    Options

I am not and will never be a sheep. My stands is "No, to leashing" I never told anyone on here "do not leash "your" child" I said I don't agree...

I said I don't agree and people assume I am looking down at them and thinking i'm superior or better or a troll (actual words used by posters).. I can't tell people what to do! I am just saying I don't like it and never had one put on me nor have I put it on the child I cared

Well then, if I'm incorrect that you're trolling, I do apologize. But you don't simply disagree with people--you put them down with snide remarks. Which is why some of us assume you're trolling. I'll correct you then, and let you know that I'm not a "sheep." I wouldn't say a person thinking leashes are acceptable is a "sheep" by social standards. Most people DON'T use leashes...so then...are THEY the sheep, by your logic?

Also, I'd like to agree with whoever said "they're not leashes, they're harnesses." Probably one of the best things I've honestly read here. I'm kind of bummed at myself for calling it a leash, too. :ohwell:

This.

If you're trying to make yourself out to be an independent thinker, you're doing the complete opposite - an independent thinker can still learn from people they disagree with. You're just rude to people who don't think the same way as you.

No. The people on here aren't 'sheep.' If you would take the time to read through their stories, you will hear how some people successfully raised their children without the need to use a safety harness, whereas with others, they found it to be a viable and valuable tool. It doesn't demean the child in any way. A 2 year old doesn't even understand the concept of 'dignity.'

Also, please stop calling all these fine people 'bad' or 'lazy' parents. As the wife of a cop (and soon to be one as soon as the process is over), I know a thing or two about bad parents. Those are the parents who sit in their bathroom smoking up while their children are out in the middle of the street with 3 days worth of feces in their diaper. THAT'S a bad parent. A parent who (as paranoid or 'lazy' as YOU may see it) wants to keep their child safe? That's the complete opposite of the spectrum.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    *pulls up a chair with some awesomely buttery popcorn. Munch.*

this!^^^^^^ and NO STOP is two words lol
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I put my kid on a leash after he bit a classmate in preschool. I said if you are gonna act lke a dog then I will treat you like a dog. Well, sad to say that idea didnt work and he kept biting classmates. One month later we had to put him down.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options

This.

If you're trying to make yourself out to be an independent thinker, you're doing the complete opposite - an independent thinker can still learn from people they disagree with. You're just rude to people who don't think the same way as you.

No. The people on here aren't 'sheep.' If you would take the time to read through their stories, you will hear how some people successfully raised their children without the need to use a safety harness, whereas with others, they found it to be a viable and valuable tool. It doesn't demean the child in any way. A 2 year old doesn't even understand the concept of 'dignity.'

Also, please stop calling all these fine people 'bad' or 'lazy' parents. As the wife of a cop (and soon to be one as soon as the process is over), I know a thing or two about bad parents. Those are the parents who sit in their bathroom smoking up while their children are out in the middle of the street with 3 days worth of feces in their diaper. THAT'S a bad parent. A parent who (as paranoid or 'lazy' as YOU may see it) wants to keep their child safe? That's the complete opposite of the spectrum.

both of these quotes.

There have been plenty of posts disagreeing with the use without mocking or insulting people. If you wish to express an opinion then by all means do so but don't start calling foul when others disagree with you especially when many of your posts have been rude & downright offensive.

You have moved well past the chance to play the victim here.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I put my kid on a leash after he bit a classmate in preschool. I said if you are gonna act lke a dog then I will treat you like a dog. Well, sad to say that idea didnt work and he kept biting classmates. One month later we had to put him down.

hope your joking b/c im LMFAO!!!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I dont use leashes/harnesses (so i guess i am not a "sheep"), but I am not against them for others. However, I absolutely am against people putting down others parenting skills.

Its not the opinion that makes you a troll, its your snarky remarks and your disregard for other peoples feelings.

I certainly hope you are raising your nephew to be considerate and polite even if he disagrees.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    lets see, kid on a leash or kid killed by a car.

tough call guys.
  • PANZERIA
    Options

:drinker:
  • ShannonGo
    ShannonGo Posts: 60
    Options

I LOL'd. Its a good thing CPS isn't like Animal Control. My brother and my husband would have both been taken to the pound for the number of times they were caught off leash.
  • beccyleigh
    Options

tough call guys.

lol
  • ShannonGo
    ShannonGo Posts: 60
    Options

tough call guys.

Its called CONSEQUENCES. Kids have to learn about them sometime, right?
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Kids on leashes seems a bit out of place to me.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options

[/quote]

My mom is dying at this one! single funniest thing i've read on this thread! Once again you've made my night! :flowerforyou:
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I have always thought putting a kid on a leash was just f-ed up, till i had a kid of my own (who acts like she on crack 24/7) and guess what...I STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY. To me there are very few reasons to put a child on a leash and it has more to do with the parents being lazy and not looking after their children. Don't have them if you can't give them your 100% attention.
  • beccyleigh
    Options

tough call guys.

Its called CONSEQUENCES. Kids have to learn about them sometime, right?

hey that's what i told the boy when he got in medicine cabinet (no safety lock) & had to have his stomach pumped. I told him "You should have just heeded the "LOOK" but you didn't so here you are getting your gut pumped out & wasting mummys time. I mean hell, what kind of 5 year old can't understand the "LOOK" "