Putting your KID on a leash

Options

Replies

• IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    ahh you missed the point again, never mind. I'll explain it for you. You make a *****y picture about people using a harness cause you know, you think you are cute & clever. So I just turn it around to your situation to show you how easy it is to be (un) cute & (un) funny. Sorry you missed the subtlety, of course I don't think giving birth makes a parent but I also don't think I am better than everyone else for something as minor as using a protective child care aid & act all smug about it. mkay?

I did't make that..lol smh

I don't agree with leashing a child like a wild animal, where in that does it say i'm better than you?... I will never agree with you lady :)

Lmao! Again? now what are you fighting about? :laugh:

hahaha OMG! you can't leave me for 1 second huh? Guess you better get me a leash :laugh: :laugh:
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Guess you better get me a leash :laugh: :laugh:

I definitely advocate leashes for trolls.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've learned one lesson since becoming a parent: Don't judge unless you are in that parent's shoes. Maybe YOU will be blessed with an autistic child someday and have no choice but to either stay at home 24-7 or use a leash.
  • Fiery_Vixen
    Fiery_Vixen Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I have twins that like to run off in opposite directions, so if I'm taking them somewhere by myself I'll probably pull out their backpack harnesses (leashes lol)...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I took my siblings to Sea World a few years ago and the youngest was 1 or 2 at the time. We bought him one of those stuffed animal backpacks that strap around him with a "leash" attached to it. Honestly, his safety meant a lot more to me than what people around us thought, especially somewhere as crowded as Sea World with 2 other children 8 and under. I couldn't expect him to want to sit in the stroller or be carried all day, toddlers that age like to walk around and I felt a lot safer knowing that he couldn't run off, get lost, or kidnapped!
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Do you have kids?

I have a child. He has autism. I have never used one before but I am really thinking about it. My son wanders a lot and he is fast. I also have another child. Taking two kids places by myself..one having autism and wanders. You bet I would use one. Might save his life. Stop judging people. You don't know why they use them. I always find it funny when people with no kids make comments about what parents do. Grow up.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Lmao, better get me one too.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think its wrong for a loving parent that wants to protect his child to leash his child, obviously when we go to the mall or park we also muzzle them so theyt dont pick any thing up and eat it, harming their digestive children.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am for leashes. Just wanted to let everyone know. Judge not least ye be judged yourself.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    A leash goes around the neck...my kids never had anything around the neck and I've never seen one on any other child either. Try being a single mom going through the Chicago O'Hare airport with a 1 year old while carrying a car seat, stroller and diaper bag. I pay 100% attention to my kids, but in situations like that, it is helpful to have your child close to you and know that they can't just up and run off or someone can't just walk by and snatch them. Since I have been married and had a second child, I have never had to use one because I have help and a supportive husband, but before you go judging someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
  • TheNewLeslie
    TheNewLeslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    No kids, but yesterday I was really wishing I had one for my husband. We were at the State Fair and he was a bit tipsy (read: *wasted*) and kept wandering off. Not doing anything wrong, just wandering off. Which means I spent most of my time looking for the guy. A leash - or a stun collar - would have been very welcome.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    I am for leashes. Just wanted to let everyone know. Judge not least ye be judged yourself.

Down with leashes
  • oldsalty1
    oldsalty1 Posts: 70
    Options
    You guys kill me!! Take a step back and lets worry about the things that matter...mmmmk!

Raised four....rambunctious kids.... Used one of the wrist velcro bands one time...It was worse than trying to keep them herded in the same direction...Tripped some poor guy when one of them stepped in front of him...That was a long time ago...

My kids were adventurous and we did adventurous outings all the time...usually with a couple of friends of theirs in tow..
    If the leashes were not dangerous for other people I probably would have used them more often....just to save my mind!!

Take it for what it is...a tool for safety...
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't think its wrong for a loving parent that wants to protect his child to leash his child, obviously when we go to the mall or park we also muzzle them so theyt dont pick any thing up and eat it, harming their digestive children.

absolutely, i'm petitioning to let us gag our kids too. I know plenty of parents who'd support that. :bigsmile: anyhow gotta go out & find the boy, it's 11pm & he's still not in. I told him not to wander far but these 5year olds you know, they just wont listen. :noway:
  • ShannonGo
    ShannonGo Posts: 60
    Options
    My brother was a hider. He hid, he hid stuff. He hid in racks of clothes, he hid intentionally to get a rise out of people, he hid when he didn't want to go home, he hid when he didn't want to leave home, he hid his clothing when he didn't want to wear it, he hid food he didn't want to eat, he hid people's stuff to be funny or mischievious or naughty.

My mom never leashed him but he would have been a top candidate for it for the number of times he just disappeared in stores. My mom's solution ended up being that he had to hold her hand AND mine, but I still remember him being able to find ways to get away. Like when my mom used to restroom and he'd want to use his own stall... then he'd crawl under stall door and "hide" elsewhere. He is/was a bright, funny person - he just thinks of new ways to shock and surprise you. Which is unfortunate if you're trying to take care of him, but awesome when he's grown and responsible for himself.

My husband was a runner as a child (he's actually a runner now too, but not the kind who ends up in traffic) but between what I know of living with a hider and how my mother-in-law describes my husband in childhood... I could totally see myself putting my [hypothetical] kid in a little backpack/leash thing. Its not that I intend to be an apathetic parent with low standards for my children's behavior, because neither my mother nor my mother in law were lazy parents, but they experienced situations that would make me feel terrified to let my kid leave the house.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I do not have children, but would certainly use a leash if needed. To all saying that only 'lazy' parents use them...I wish the real lazy ones would! I work in a second hand store, so when many families come in, the parents have to spend a lot of time looking through the clothes. Many of them (not all by any means) just let their kids run around and make a mess. We make announcements about any children under the age of 12 must stay with their parent/guardian, but do you think any of them listen? So, in my experience, it's the good parents who want to make sure their kids stay near them that use the leashes, the bad 'lazy' parents don't care and let their kids do whatever.
  • BreakingUpWith75lbs_Cass
    Options
    First off .. it's not a leash! it's called a safety harness! And many children with different types of disabilities need them for their own safely, how dare anyone make a joke off such a serious topic. And God forbid if ever the day comes when a child of your own may need a harness for their protection.I have an autistic and nonverbal child who is almost four, and she does not understand verbal commands like other children when we are in a public area with lots of ppl and traffic she does not understand in any form what so ever danger or even the word NO STOP! having the option to harness your child does not in any way shape or form make anyone a bad parent and the ignorance I've read on this thread is shameful and sad.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options

And I advocate them for sheeps. :)

I'm a troll for opposing? smh
    I am not and will never be a sheep. My stands is "No, to leashing" I never told anyone on here "do not leash "your" child" I said I don't agree...

Guess i'm just going to troll on with this mind of my own..

I said I don't agree and people assume I am looking down at them and thinking i'm superior or better or a troll (actual words used by posters).. I can't tell people what to do! I am just saying I don't like it and never had one put on me nor have I put it on the child I cared
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I have a fast 22 month old that scared the *kitten* out of me at Target. She doesn't want to be in the cart so we let her walk. I turned my head for a second and she was gone.....she had managed to get to the end of the aisle around the end cap and I coundn't see her. SO after my heart stopped exploding....I went and bought a eddie bauer back pack/toddler leash. I never thought I would be a parent who would do that....now I know better. Don't judge until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes.
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This!
    First off .. it's not a leash! it's called a safety harness! And many children with different types of disabilities need them for their own safely, how dare anyone make a joke off such a serious topic. And God forbid if ever the day comes when a child of your own may need a harness for their protection.I have an autistic and nonverbal child who is almost four, and she does not understand verbal commands like other children when we are in a public area with lots of ppl and traffic she does not understand in any form what so ever danger or even the word NO STOP! having the option to harness your child does not in any way shape or form make anyone a bad parent and the ignorance I've read on this thread is shameful.