Daily Exercise Journal - August

Options
clover5
clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
We all know it’s good to exercise 5 or 6 days a week. Lets track it together.

You exercise can be anything - running, walking, sports, swimming, jump rope, cleaning, calisthenics - you name it. This should be fun. Check in daily and report what exercise you've done.

When you need a rest day, take it. Just record rest day for that days date. Put your feet up, get a glass of iced water, and cheer on the others. Another day will come.

Replies

• cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me too-fantastic idea:) I've had a rest day today so ready to hit the gym in the morning!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    I will do....Thank you PAL for sharing this:)
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Loved it last month! I am in again!

I am going to try for no repeats in week this month. Last month I tried but did not do that well at that - however this did keep me exercising!

Thanks for setting this up again!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Clover, thanks for starting this......i will be in again for August.......I have no rest days because Brandy and Sasha, the frisky poodles, are always in need of their long walks.:bigsmile:
  • clover5
    Options
    Me too-fantastic idea:) I've had a rest day today so ready to hit the gym in the morning!

Maximouse - Glad to have you join in. Sereval of us have been posting together in July. We will all be here on Wed. Aug. 1st. If you would like to see what we have been doing, here is a link to July.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/649813-daily-exercise-journal-july?page=12#posts-10032843
  • maximouse
    maximouse Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Heheee, sorry clover, I think I'm over eager - lol! Will check in on 1st Aug;)
  • dancingj2
    Options
    For me the best part of this challenge is the rest days. In the past one rest day has led to two, then three and then I have not exercised for weeks :(

With this challenge I can take a rest day but know I need to get right back at it - no month long breaks:smile:
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Your the best clover....I am in, there is something that makes you feel great and motivated :flowerforyou: posting vs just doing and not letting anybody know ....
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Count me in again, too. I'm so glad you are continuing this, clover. It really keeps us all motivated and it's fun to see what everyone else is doing to stay fit and active.
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1 August - official rest day - I am donating blood so won't be able to exercise however I have been told that when you donate blood the body uses 500 cals to replenish it - does this count as exercise ;-)
  • dancingj2
    Options
    Trying for no repeats in a week

8/1 - Yoga 15 min

I have not done my yoga workout in over a month - it was quite a challenge this morning!
  • rbene07
    rbene07 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this clover5 - I'm in again. My Dr was very pleased with my efforts in June and July! So I have to keep it up for the Oct visit....My goal is something 6 days per week and this really helps :happy:
  • rosie_dibrell
    rosie_dibrell Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm new to the blogs, how do I follow this?
  • dancingj2
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm new to the blogs, how do I follow this?

Once you post on a message baord, it will show up under My Topics on the Community tab - Message Boards.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

So today I did 30 mins of strength & 25 minutes of walking :)
  • clover5
    Options
    Hi everybody. Nice to see many returning, and some new folks joining us - welcome!

Aug 1 - 40 minute run followed by 10 minutes of pushups and abdominal leg lifts, and squats
  • justdoit_steph
    Options
    I'm in...

8/1 - Lifted weights (military press, bent rows & pull ups) & walked 3 miles
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    8/1 a new month...... excited to be here.....situps walking and stretching.....