Lady Jane Grey - from my fathers side

Named as Queen by Henry VIII and later beheaded
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Rob Roy
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    my dad said we were related to jesse james somehow but idk if its true or not. i really don't care.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Barrack Obama.

I believe it!
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Per my grandfather-We are related to Mary Shelley (author of Frankenstein)
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Our family actually has a published author who followed our family tree back to John Quincy Adams.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The most interesting person in my family history is a man who "signed away" his "Indian rights" so he could run for mayor of some small town (I can't remember if he won). One of my aunts is obsessed with genealogy and found this person through a search of census records, birth certificates, etc., so I think the paper trail on this claim is pretty good. Not that it's anything to brag about.
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Erik the Red
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My last name.. ¨Roche¨ in on Lady Di´s family (her mom´s side).. We always called her my aunt haha, and Prince Harry/William my cousins.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Ulysses S. Grant(18th President) && Francis Lewis(Signer of United States Declaration of Independence).... && and I have the proof stamped and sealed ;)
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm a Mayflower descendant as well but my Dad traced our family tree and we're related to Johnny Appleseed.

Next time you take a bite out of an apple, think of me. ;-)
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    probably Thomas Jefferson. Bazinga.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    George Lindsey was my cousin (RIP). He played Goober Pyle from the Andy Griffith Show.

Now I want to go to Ancestry.com!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Chuck Norris, for real
  • Meloyelo2010
    Meloyelo2010 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Joan of Arc
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    David Sol is my distant cousin.. Also, a NYC detective that worked on the Jack the Ripper case for over 10 years called us a few years back and is about 100% positive my great, great, great grandfather was the mass murderer. There's a lot of mental illness in my family, plus the time line matches up along with other evidence. Sounds insane and people often debate to me about it, but I have nothing to prove. : )

I'm sorry I have to debate you here just because NYC detective that worked on the Jack the Ripper case? Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick but Jack the Ripper was in 1888, and in Whitechapel, England, Scotland Yard dealt with it and the case was officially closed in 1892 even though the identity of the murderer has never been confirmed, only speculated. Unless there is an american Jack the Ripper case?

As for me no one famous that I know of, however I am a direct descendant of the Sinti so maybe that counts for something haha!
  • Bryson_Spilman
    Options
    I am a direct linear decendent of Sir William Espileman (Spilman). He is my 22nd Great Grandfather.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I've been told Jesse James and my great grandma used to have sex
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My dad was on the small team that created Xanax and Halcion.
  • Yari_getsfit
    Yari_getsfit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Frankie Muñiz from Malcolm in the Middle