Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options

Replies

• Rayvenstar
    Options
    As far as I've heard, I'm related to Edgar Allen Poe which makes me very very happy, lol.

**EDIT**: This is from my uncle who's spent years researching the family tree. I hate him, but he has his uses, lol.
    Technically, he's a distant relative. His wife, Virginia (who was also his cousin) is a closer relative

Either way, it's a win with me, lol
  • gg129
    gg129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    John L. Sullivan -(the boxer) - great-great-great grandmother's cousin

Mel Blanc - (The original voice of Bugs Bunny) - Grandfather's cousin
  • livinlavidaloco
    Options
    Howard Hughes and Angela Merkel
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    My Mom's family is related to Nathaniel Greene. My husbands family is related to General or Admiral Kimmell (whichever it is) and the Kimmel whiskey business. I myself know I am related to Adam and Eve and Noah
  • Foxtrot2N
    Foxtrot2N Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My cousin married Justin Chambers (Greys Anatomy) if that counts.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Kim Jung Un.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    John Adams :smile:
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    jack bauer. for realsies.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Kim Jung Un.

um. you should tell your fam to simmer down.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My great (x1,000,849) ancestor was a monkey
  • Sparkle_Princess
    Options
    Royalty der!! Not exactly sure which country but its there, trust me!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone I know swears they are related to someone famous in history. I know people who think they are related to the Queen of England, Adolph Hitler, Jessie James(the outlaw) etc...

So, who do you THINK you are related to as it pertains to famous people in history?

Adam and Eve, apparently.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Some people are so full of it haha. And why do so many people respond with "my grandfather knew..." or "my aunt was ....'s nurse."

If we are going that path. I befriended AJ from Backstreet Boys a few years ago.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    No one famous, just related to a lot of dudes named Marmadukes from the 16th and 17th centuries on my mother's side.
  • lijsda1
    lijsda1 Posts: 169
    Options
    Related to Jr. Samples on my dad's side.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    A Nigerian lawyer says I'm related to a fabulously wealthy industrialist who died in a plane crash and is leaving me all his money. Only gonna cost me a few thousand in transfer fees.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    A Nigerian lawyer says I'm related to a fabulously wealthy industrialist who died in a plane crash and is leaving me all his money. Only gonna cost me a few thousand in transfer fees.

:laugh: me too, small world....
  • britkip
    britkip Posts: 49
    Options
    I am relate to Jesse James (the outlaw) he stayed at my great great aunts farm while he was on the run. We even have pictures of him! he is my moms 4th cousin so hes my 5th.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    If somebody tells you that they're related to Adolph Hitler, they're probably lying. Mostly because it's spelled "Adolf."

Anyway, I'm related to Joan Carter Cash who was married to Johnny Cash. Pretty awesome!
  • Kijones68
    Options
    I am related to Dale Earnhardt Jr. We share the same 6th great-grandparents.