Lets hear it, who are you related to?

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Best I can do is that my husband is related to Pocahontas and John Wilkes Booth.
  • joeswife1965
    Options
    Catherine Parr,,last wife of Henry VIII ,, her brother William Parr is my 19th Great Grandfather
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm related to one of the founders of Chicago, John Kinzie, he's got a wikipedia page and everything. And, I'm related to Juliette Gordon Low aka "Daisy", the founder of the Girl Scouts, through my mom's side. She was born Juliette Magill Kinzie Gordon, which is proof enough for me since that spelling of "Kinzie" is rare and sort of confined to my family and a street in Chicago named after John Kinzie I think.

As far as I know, this is all pretty well documented.
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    on my mom's side, via few marriages, the kennedys, by way of caroline bouvier kennedy. her cousin is maria shriver, which makes me a direct descendant of arnold schwarzenegger, or cousin aaaaahnold, as i refer to him. directly indirect.
  • freddie986
    Options
    Davy Crockett,& Oliver Cromwell Both through my mother's side.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Batman. :indifferent:
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    On my mom's side I'm related to Alexander Hamilton and The Roosevelt's. I remember when I was little, my grandmother had an invitation to a party at the White House that was for Alice Roosevelt.
    My grandmother also had the family tree's hanging on the wall as well, that way she could show everyone how we were related to them. :smile:
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My hemotologist's brother is Darrin Horn, former coach of Western Kentucky University and former coach of South Carolina University. Counts for something right? HAHA
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm adopted. I could be related to ANYONE.

I know anything about my father including his last name until I was an adult. Given my twisted sense of humor, if I still didn't know anything about him, I think I would have created a family tree composed of my hero's (ie Wu Zetian, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Boadicea, Jane Adams, Margaret Sanger) and adopt them all as my relatives on my paternal side! My husband had an elderly, single, very independent female relative who family rumor claimed earned her money as a 'madam', who I would also love to be able to 'claim' as a blood relative.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm adopted. I could be related to ANYONE.

I know anything about my father including his last name until I was an adult.

Sorry I meant to say "I didn't know anything about my father"