olympic events that r NOT a sport

Options
Lone_Wolf70
Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
Gymnastics, synchronized swimmimg and diving....those all moght as well b cirque de so

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    bite me.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Gymnastics, synchronized swimmimg and diving....those all moght as well b cirque de so

As a qualified coach to more than one of those sports (yes, yes), I would love to see you do any of them :P
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    How could anyone say gymnastics is not a sport?

And it's Cirque Du Soleil.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    They are all a sport. A "Sport" by definition is: an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature. Just because someone says something is not a sport doesn't mean it's not. I can quack like a duck.... But it doesn't make me a duck.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Anything based solely on judging is NOT a sport. Its performance. Is it hard? Yes, could i do it? No....is it a sport? Not even close
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Anything based solely on judging is NOT a sport. Its performance. Is it hard? Yes, could i do it? No....is it a sport? Not even close

Yawn.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Both my kids are team gymnasts. They compete with other teams, so obviously thats a sport. Am I sure they could both kick your butt at it~lol
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I completely disagree....

I don't really believe shooting is a sport (and is currently being competed, and awarding Olympic medals), it does take skill sure, but not physically.... gymnastics, diving and swimming all require physical skill and fitness, and belong in the Olympics.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What about referees in football... don't they do some judging based on whether or not the ball passed through goal or over endzone line?
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Darts isn't judged. It is competitive. Are you going to sit there and say darts is a sport over gymnastics? If so line up for registration at competitive wanking.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    What about referees in football... don't they do some judging based on whether or not the ball passed through goal or over endzone line?

touche
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Have you NOT seen how hard all their bodies are???? Its definitely a sport!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

oh really????

LMAO I would like to see you get anywhere near their fitness level, let alone their suppleness.

Stop trolling the boards for crying out loud.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    sport: [spawrt, spohrt]
    noun
    1. an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

That would be the dictionary proving your opinion doesn't constitute fact.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Options
    Both my kids are team gymnasts. They compete with other teams, so obviously thats a sport. Am I sure they could both kick your butt at it~lol

Im sure theyre better dancers than me too....doesnt make it a sport
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    competitive wanking.

Awesome. How would it feel to go home to the family.... "Sorry guys, I placed 4th in wanking"
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Completely disagree with you. They compete against other teams/individuals...Each takes physical training and skill. If you think about it every sport is judged somehow.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Gymnastics is a sport! I don't know why arbitrarily judging determines sportyness or not. For me the determinant is whether it requires a lot of training and is a display of athletic prowess.

I think archery isn't a sport, nothing equestrian either.

I also think other things are sports but don't belong in the Olympics because they are such niche sports: beach volleyball, handball, canoe slalom and sprint, rhythmic gymnastics, fencing, and badminton.

Apparently I'm a huge hater.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand this post. So unless it's a group of 250 pound men slamming each other to score a touchdown, it's not a sport?
  • nikkiw283
    Options
    whether you want to call it a "sport" or not is of no importance. they are still super-talented athletes.