women 40+ would like to share progress

Options

Replies

• amcmamcm
    Options
    I managed to stay within my calories on Saturday, but caved in on Sunday. I was not as brave as you pinbotchick, and opted for not stepping on the scale this morning!

Have a great week!
  • cc28655
    Options
    Hi, Was reading some of post .
    Looks like a good group.
    May I join?
    I Weight myself this morning lost 2 more lbs.
    I am exercising at least 3 days.
    Hope to get to know you all.
    Lets do this together.
    CC
    279867.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi All! I'm new to MFP and am looking for different groups to get involved in. This caught my eye because I am definately 40+....... Look forward to meeting you all!

Ann
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome cc and tigermom!

Last night we were invited over to some friends for brownie cake topped with ice cream and hot fudge. It was so easy to decline, it didn't even sound good to me. Maybe I am starting to see a lifestyle change that I can live with forever. That was a big victory for me.

Have a great day all!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey, congradulations Snowflakes, I maybe would have taken a very small piece, but definitly without the fudge on top or just take some ice cream since I love it so much. Then again, I am not really into chocolate cakes or chocolaty desserts. I prefer creamy desserts with a lot of fruits!!

Welcome to our group Tigermom and CC!! I hope you find the motivation you need with us!!! Personnally, talking about my workouts helps me to stay motivated.

I just finished my workout. I was 8.5 minutes on the Gazelle, I did 2 series of 5 ups and downs in the staircase, I did my Ab King Pro and my new buns and thighs Pilates DVD. That DVD is certainly a great workout!!! I started everything with the first serie in the stairs. Maybe that explains why my knee started to be in pain after 8.5 minutes on the Gazelle. Tomorrow, I'll start on the Gazelle, I hope I'll stay on it for at least 10 minutes. With that workout, I am sure to wear my pants on the 21st!!!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join your group1 I can't belive I am an "over 40," but alas, I will be 41 at the end of this month. I still feel like a 20 year old! My husband says I have Peter Pan syndrome, I don't want to grow up. I have a darling husband and two (sometimes not so darling) stepsons aged 13 and 16. I have 2 horses, 11 chickens 2 dogs and one cat! I love running, well, am beginning to love running. I am within a couple of weeks of finishing Couch to 5K. I used to be a runner, but haven't done it in a long time. Winter is coming, although you would never know to go outside today and I am dreading the cold weather, and hoping I can continue. One of the dogs (Boxer) is my running partner. Sadly, I can't yet run far enough to tire her out, and doubt if I ever will be able to run that far!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to join your group1 I can't belive I am an "over 40," but alas, I will be 41 at the end of this month. I still feel like a 20 year old! My husband says I have Peter Pan syndrome, I don't want to grow up. I have a darling husband and two (sometimes not so darling) stepsons aged 13 and 16. I have 2 horses, 11 chickens 2 dogs and one cat! I love running, well, am beginning to love running. I am within a couple of weeks of finishing Couch to 5K. I used to be a runner, but haven't done it in a long time. Winter is coming, although you would never know to go outside today and I am dreading the cold weather, and hoping I can continue. One of the dogs (Boxer) is my running partner. Sadly, I can't yet run far enough to tire her out, and doubt if I ever will be able to run that far!

Your last line made me chuckle, I run with my lab mix and she is so good about staying right with me, today I ran after a hour long tough upper body workout and I was not keeping a super fast past, she kept looking back at me like....uh, Mom..could you pick it up a little...and she even walked a few times...the never of her! hehe, nice to have a pal to run with, the weather was great here today also.

Hello everyone, I'm 43 and this is the last time...I am losing the fat around my body and it's never comign back, it's been a slow process...but hopefully it will stay off for good!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I'm with you makeitallsue! This is it for me! I am determined to get off the weight and keep it off. I have never been a runner and don't really see myself doing it. I guess maybe I should try it before I totally say no! I do like walking on my treadmill. Our Colorado winters are way too cold for me to do much outside. I am a warm weather person!

Good for you snowflakes. I'm not sure I could have passed that up. I am however a chocoholic! And the brownie with ice cream and fudge is one of my favorites! I am going to change that however!

Here's to all of us:drinker:
    Ann
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I needed to go downstairs a few minutes ago and I decided to do another serie of 5 ups and downs. I now have to rest my knee for the day or else...
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm back. Sorry didn't check in over the weekend hardly. Like i said my husband was home and we spent time together. Went to eat Chinese, movies, walking, and just being together before he had to leave today. Will be 2 weeks before he's home again. Anyway thanks for the encouragement over the Chinese food. We just love it. I have cravings all the time either for salty or choc. Was at Walmart the other day and found these Luna Bars for women. OH MY have you ladies tried these yet. Only 170 Calories, 30 less than Slim fast bars, and their bigger and taste ALOT better. Yes before you ask I'm boarderline diabetic (crave sugar & water), and Bipolar (Crave salt) . I test my blood everyday, and so far it's getting better, that's why I'm hopeing by continueing to lose weight and getting back down were I should be will help that too.

Oh yea we went Yard Saleing this weekend and we found an Elliptical machine for $5.00, and it works nothing wrong with it, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! Now I work some at home too, while I'm watching TV. I'm so excited:bigsmile: :tongue: :bigsmile: .

WELCOME TO ALL NEWCOMERS TO OUR GROUP THE MORE THE MERRIER!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:.

289052.png
  • booboogroom
    Options
    Well Ladies, I was looking back over all our post and to date their is 27 of us. YEA TO WOMEN 40+. We are growing together in more ways than one. I would just like to congratulate everyone for taking that first step. We all have our challenges but together we can make a differance.

Pinbotchick, amcmamcm, Kevinsgirl3, missou, snowflakes, motocaryschell, feistygirl09, olgawill, mcarvell, areedy, wengoulet ZuzanaFan, LisaLGK, harvey6, pjilly, DeeDeeLHF, mommabee, Phonzie, Littlesister, dbrink, LittleEva44, cc28655, tigermom79, tabbydog, and makeitallsue.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It may be hard in the beginning, but just remember together we can do this. We can lose those unwanted pounds and keep them off. We can share our ups and downs, so our downs don't seem so bad. Weight won't beat us, we will beat weight. Lets keep up the great work and keep moving forward.:heart::heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    289052.png
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    :wink:
    I'm with you makeitallsue! This is it for me! I am determined to get off the weight and keep it off. I have never been a runner and don't really see myself doing it. I guess maybe I should try it before I totally say no! I do like walking on my treadmill. Our Colorado winters are way too cold for me to do much outside. I am a warm weather person!

Good for you snowflakes. I'm not sure I could have passed that up. I am however a chocoholic! And the brownie with ice cream and fudge is one of my favorites! I am going to change that however!

Here's to all of us:drinker:
    Ann

Ann,
    I didn't think I would ever be able to be a runner either....as a matter of fact in April this year I couldn't even run for 1 minute, honest...I just kept telling myself that I could do it and I walked /ran, walked /ran and before I knew it I was running 1 mile, then 2. I did do a 5k in September and I ran the whole time and finished in 30:43, I was very proud of myself, and I hope to try again and beat my time, that's a slow mile....but it's all mine, I earned it!
    Hey on the chocolate cravings....you can make the brownied with apple sauce in place of the oil, and a fat free fudge and some fat free yogurt icecream....I've fooled the kids with that before :wink:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Well Ladies, I was looking back over all our post and to date their is 27 of us. YEA TO WOMEN 40+. We are growing together in more ways than one. I would just like to congratulate everyone for taking that first step. We all have our challenges but together we can make a differance.

Pinbotchick, amcmamcm, Kevinsgirl3, missou, snowflakes, motocaryschell, feistygirl09, olgawill, mcarvell, areedy, wengoulet ZuzanaFan, LisaLGK, harvey6, pjilly, DeeDeeLHF, mommabee, Phonzie, Littlesister, dbrink, LittleEva44, cc28655, tigermom79, tabbydog, and makeitallsue.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It may be hard in the beginning, but just remember together we can do this. We can lose those unwanted pounds and keep them off. We can share our ups and downs, so our downs don't seem so bad. Weight won't beat us, we will beat weight. Lets keep up the great work and keep moving forward.:heart::heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    289052.png

Double that yey!!!!! here is to all us fabtabulous 40+ women....We can do it, one day at a time!!!:love::flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Hey on the chocolate cravings....you can make the brownied with apple sauce in place of the oil, and a fat free fudge and some fat free yogurt icecream....I've fooled the kids with that before :wink:

Sounds really good!!! Could you give us the recipes please? :wink: :drinker:
  • booboogroom
    Options
    Okay ladies what is your preference on THE SCALE. I have two one that is the Weight Watchers Digital, and the other is the dial. Sometimes I like the digital and sometimes the dial, then of course sometimes I don't like either.:mad: Which one do you think is more accurate, DIAL or DIGITAL?? I've noticed their is useally a 2 pound differance.:grumble:
    289052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I use a digital scale by Salter. I am quite satisfied with it.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    I also like the digital, it is usually weighs me the same as the Doctors office, my dial always weighs me a couple pounds lighter....so some days I'll use it to trick myself....LOL
    I'll get that brownie recipe on here sometime today, as for the hot fudge and ice cream, I usually pick those up at the store, (fat free or low fat versions..and we stick to the serving sizes) but becareful I have found that I really have to read the label because they sneak that hydrongenated oil into everything!

How do you ladies feel about that? I have found that even if it says "trans fat free", if you read the labels I have found that there is still the hydrongenated oils...it's almost in everything...except fresh of coarse, I suppose that's the whole point, our family should be eating fresh..., I just have been researching it these past months because I have found the scale not to be budging and it is in the creamer I used, the wheat bread & rolls I used to purchase, some of the waffles that I bought for the kids, cool whip....the one good thing that has happened is that the kids are reading the labels too, and I hope they are learning so they can take the knowledge with them.
    Off for cardio....good luck today in what ever you do!! Debra
  • DEBDOUGLAS
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just saw the 40+ and I wanted to reply. I am new to this site. I joined in oct. I have to say that is the BEST!!!!!!. I am 45 and have to beautiful daughters that are 8 and 5. Yes I know, I had them late. We tried for 18 years to have my first one. I decided to loose the weight for me!!! No one eles but for me. I have lost 13 pounds and I to hope to have lost 20 by thanksgiving. If I don't, thats ok I will keep trying and never give up because I like the way I feel!!!!. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey!!!!!!:smile::happy: :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just saw the 40+ and I wanted to reply. I am new to this site. I joined in oct. I have to say that is the BEST!!!!!!. I am 45 and have to beautiful daughters that are 8 and 5. Yes I know, I had them late. We tried for 18 years to have my first one. I decided to loose the weight for me!!! No one eles but for me. I have lost 13 pounds and I to hope to have lost 20 by thanksgiving. If I don't, thats ok I will keep trying and never give up because I like the way I feel!!!!. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey!!!!!!:smile::happy: :flowerforyou:

Hello from one Deb to another, Good luck on your journey...I'm new here too. Great job on your loss so far, has that been just from this past month? I have been at a slow loss....I have just taken off 6 pounds in the last 2 months, I have lost 32 this year but most of that came off early in the year, then about June the scale just stopped moving, even though I was running...but my clothes are fitting differently and my stomach is slowly shrinking, and I have supposedly lost 6% body fat since February, so I'm trying to hang in there, I was hoping this site could help with tracking my foods and motivation...it's tough,
    Good luck to you! Debra
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    REQUESTED BROWNIE RECIPE

BROWNIES

2 squares unsweetened chocolate ¾ cup flour
    ½ cup applesauce ½ teaspoon baking powder
    2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 cup sugar 1/3 cup chopped walnuts

Do not preheat oven. Melt the chocolate and add applesauce. Beat the eggs and add sugar. Add the chocolate and applesauce, and beat. Add flour and baking powder and beat. Add vanilla and walnuts. Bake in a greased 8 “ dish.
    Bake at 300* for 55 minutes

Notes* We use butter flavored cooking spray for pan.
    I have also used wheat flour…I liked the taste but the kids didn’t, they said it changed the texture too much.
    This was a school recipe brought home by my middle daughter and we just tweaked it a little.

I also get a lot of good recipes at discoveryhealth.com, a show on fitTv with Devon Alexander, she is always coming up with ways to cut the fat and calories out of foods, I recommend watching this show and checking out some of her recipes….I had to do this with some of my favorites that I wasn’t willing to give up.

Have a great day! Debra