women 40+ would like to share progress

Options

Replies

• motocaryschell
    Options
    missou, you're doing great. You're going to feel great on that cruise ship!

I'm finding it hard to eat all of my calories without eating too many carbs or filling things. I'm also finding that I'm not as hungry as maybe I should be. Exercising is no problem. I'm loving it aside from the blisters that walking very fast with weights ae giving me. I slowed down today and increased my incline. No new blisters! yay. The last song on my mp3 is Stay Stong by Newsboys and I stretch to it. It makes me movtivated to go the rest of the day and stay healthy, not back track.

You guys are great! Can't wait to learn what Zumba is!

M
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Hi Debra,

The scariest jump is eating your excercise calories!!!

I went through a very long plateau (almost two months) and the answer everyone kept telling me is to increase my calories. It made no real sense to me but eventually out of desperation I did and guess what...after about two weeks of eating more I started to lose again. I eventually increased my calories by 50 per day and try to eat all or most of my excercise calories.

A HRM is an excellent suggestion. I can't live without mine now.

As for our daughters....excellent topic. My daughter is 12 and went through puberty over a year ago so she is quite developed with a pronounced pear shape. Her breasts, hips, thighs and bum are very curvy.

DD

Hey DD,
    I'm scared to death but I am going to eat half of my exercise calories, especially since I have been doing extra cardio. P90x seems to focus a lot on strength, I feel lots stronger and my core really feels great, but I added the cardio to hopefully take some of the extra fat off...that really bothers me, I have such a flabby tummy, and my arms and inner thighs, I just want my body to be solid...

I was thinking about a HRM...but every time I look at them, I get confused on which to purchase...any suggestions?

My daughter is 17, she is only 5"4" and she now weighs 217. SHe is such a book worm, an excellent student, high honors her whole school career so far and we are so proud of her, her weight doesn't seem to bother her, she is very confident with who she is, but I just worry about her health, I know her tummy is over the recommended 35 inches for a woman. I have changed the whole families way of eating, for almost 2 years now. My daughter is gone from home a lot though and involved in many activities and it seems they are always eating out, I think she has gained 25 pounds int he last year...IO'm just nervous, I don't want to push the point and have her feel bad about herself, but I also feel bad as her mother watching her change into a way of life that isn't healthy for her.
    Thanks for the advise...
    Debra
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    This morning is a goooood morning, I just stepped on my scale and the 6 is gone again!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am back in the 159s :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I hope to reach 155
    [/quote]

Way TO Go!!! 6 pounds is great....I'm so jealous:flowerforyou:
    Debrs
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    I just noticed that sometimes my quotes are in blue and sometimes they are not....anyone know what I am doing wrong?:huh:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hi to all! I am a 45 year old nurse of 14 years. Just finished the masters program and now am a certified nurse practitioner. During the course of completing my degree I put on 20 lbs. I stumbled upon this site and am LOVING it!!! I have a 23 year old daughter who is the joy of my life. I will begin a new job and career Monday so I thought I should begin a WHOLE new life all together! Good luck to all those on their wt loss journey!

Welcome, and good luck!
  • makeitallsue
    Options

December is our 20 Anniversary. Enjoy your cruise...

Snowflakes, My husband and I have been married 19 years on December 1..when is your special day?
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Tigermom...keep it up, tomorrow you'll do more...

I'm off to finish putting my groceries away. Today was grocery day. I saved $120 in coupons and such, that's my best this year! I have a lot of chicken breast to divide up and freeze. Our store had it for $1.77 a pound, I really stocked up....I do all sort of magic things with chicken breast!

I did yoga this morning...it is a 90 minute workout and to be honest....I hate it, but I did it and I'm glad I did, it really helps stretch me out!

Good luck ladies and any and all of your goals today!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    This morning is a goooood morning, I just stepped on my scale and the 6 is gone again!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am back in the 159s :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I hope to reach 155

Way TO Go!!! 6 pounds is great....I'm so jealous:flowerforyou:
    Debrs

I did not lose 6 pounds :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I said I lost THE 6 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yesterday morning, I was at 160.4 and this morning I am at 159.4 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then again, I lost 6 pounds since last March... If you want, you can still be jealous :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I just noticed that sometimes my quotes are in blue and sometimes they are not....anyone know what I am doing wrong?:huh:

When you want to quote someone, make sure you don't erase this : [ quote ] or this [ /quote ]

Erasing part of the original message is a good idea, but these two, [ quote ] or [ /quote ] must remain in the message.

I added the spaces between the brackets and the word for the demonstration, but you don't need to do it.
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get out of the 7's. Three days ago I was 170.6 almost made it:smile: . Then I weighed myself this morning 172:grumble: . I fell like I'm stuck:grumble: in the 170 - 173 range. But I'm going to keep working on it.
    289052.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I know you can do it!!!! Go go go!!!
  • amcmamcm
    Options
    Missou- Congrats on getting back into the 150s. I did the same thing this morning. I am now 158 :drinker:

DeeDeeLHF- I am glad that you are better :flowerforyou:

tigermom79- I also started with 20 minutes on the treadmill. Now I am up to 1 hour, but I usually walk outside with my neighbor, which I enjoy much more than the treadmill. Good job and resist the pie!

tabbydog- I hope that the coffee helped with your hunger...

richcat22 Welcome and congratulation on your accomplishments:flowerforyou:

makeitallsue- I do understand your concerns about your daughter. I hope that the healthy lifestyle is going to rub off on her. It is so difficult to show concern without hurting their feelings. I always share with my daughters tidbits of information ( ex: today I read that the Venti Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Latte is has 660 calories and 22 g fat.) Hopefully she will not order it! For me is not as much a problem of weight (since my daughter is within her BMI) but of healthy choices.
    Also it is great to know that there are so many other long last marriages. I have been married 24 years:happy:

booboogroom- I know that you will get out of the 170s :wink:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Healthy marriages ROCK! My husband and I will celebrate 25 yrs in May!

Tiger: You are doing GREAT!!!!

Dominique...You are so funny! I too would love to drop a number. I keep teetering between 133 and 134...the crazy part is that those numbers are the difference between "overweight" and "healthy" so I really need to dip into the 2's and eventually the 1's!!

We can all do it!!!! I know that we can! (Booboogroom, amcmamcm, Deb, etc!)

I think education is the best idea for our daughters. Letting them know that we love them and we simply want them to learn from our mistakes. Education!!

I would love to do some other type of excercise...to be honest, I am a bit intimidated by the class thing...sometimes it is easier to just go and do my own thing but if I got involved I think I would like it.

(Feeling better!)
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I had a good day and I am up to 4/18 :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Now, I am tired and I need to sleep. I started to wake up early to get ready for my early drive on the 26th. Hubby and I will get up at 3am to go take our flight in Burlington. The plane is leaving at 6am and we have a 90 minutes drive. Don't worry, the airport is small and it takes about 15 minutes to register, go through security and board the plane. I actually live in Quebec 45 minutes away from the Vermont borders and we were once stuck at those borders and arrived at the airport 20 minutes before the plane was scheduled to leave. We didn't miss our flight and our luggage were on our plane and were not delayed. Talk about service!!!

I'll speack to you tomorrow, have a restful night!!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 2 pounds on the first cruise I went on. On the other two cruises, I didn't gain or lose, so that was good.

I ate plenty on all cruises, but Missou is right - there's so much moving around, you never sit still. And there's a lot of fresh stuff to choose from, lots of salad bars with all kinds of fruit, etc.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

Did you see my ticker??? This morning, I am at 158.4!!! I just love the Gazelle!!! I am doing 2 miles in 24 minutes on it with the Pilates for my bun and thighs and the Ab king Pro. Yesterday, I did not do my stairs because my legs were too tired, but I will do at least 30 ups and downs today :smile: Boy, it feels so good to finally see the scale going down!!! I lost 2 pounds in 2 days just by exercising!!! My problem was not my eating, it was the lack of exercises. Maybe, the end of red week does make a difference too, but who cares, I lost 2 more pounds!!!

Have a very nice day ladies!!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

Glad to hear you are all doing so well this week.

I am happy to have just maintained this week. I overate - really bad choices last weekend with company and that TOM started yesterday afternoon :grumble: I did manage to keep up with exercising everyday this week.

Tomorrow I am restarting the C25K training with a friend. I just finished week 3 but am going to restart at week 1 to have someone do it with me. We plan to train outside for the next few weeks. Our local elementary school closed this year and I talked to the maintenance man - he will let us into the gym 3 mornings a week to train once the ice/snow get here :bigsmile: This will be so much better than the treadmill.

Keep up the great work and have a wonderful weekend.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Good Friday Morning Ladies, I have been up since 4 AM, started preparing for a "mexican Fiesta" that my daughter and I are hosting for some of her Spanish Class friends on Saturday...we are having turkey tacos, so I am roasting the turkey today, along with some mashed beans and cheesecake (all secretly altered to make them healthier) and salad fixins with avacados.
    Today is weighin day, I will post after I exercise. I did up my calories for the last few days, I understand that I could expierence a gain at first, so I'm prepared for that, but I'm hoping for at least another pound loss:happy:
    Dominique...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , to funny, I was in a hurry yesterday, I mis-read that...Congrats though on your extra pound loss!
    Pinbotchick...I would love to have someone to train with, good for you and good luck!
    DD, hope your still feeling better, drink your OJ!

Anyone have any HRM's that they could suggest?

Have a great day, will check back later...off to do chores and then exercise!
    Debra
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies

The scale gave me loss of 1.4 pounds this week. I know this is a healthy start, but gosh I wish it would come off faster, as in instant:ohwell: :laugh: ! Back to reality.:tongue: Have a great day.

makeitallsue: Our Anniversary is December 27. Do you get up at 4 AM every day? :noway: You will get a lot done while I sleep away. We love mexican at this house. That sounds like a great party and wonderful menu.
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Morning Ladies! The MAGIC day for me to weigh in is on Sunday, 15 Nov 09; as I weigh myself "monthly"....check out my annotations on my profile.

I am 44 years old, 5'8" (currently dress size is 8/9), have lost 20 pounds, am training myself to run during my lunch hour 3 days a week (4th day I do upper body strengthens & sit in the hot tub for 15 minutes, again, during my lunch hour), I have FOUND my will power, and I am STILL eating 1,250 calories a day. My 2nd goal is to lose an additional 10 pounds before my 45th B-day (March 2010).

Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva