women 40+ would like to share progress

Options

Replies

• tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    [
    Okay......so what the heck is Zumba???? You have my attention!!!

Zumba is a Latin dace inspired group fitness type of thing. They have it everywhere, all over the place. If you google Zumba and your city/state you should be able to get some information about classes in your area. It is a TON of fun!

Ran for 25 minutes this morning. The couch to 5K really works!
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Gals,
    DRAT!!:explode: No loss for me, but no gain either..I stayed the same 222. I guess I will just have to give it more time, I did an hour core workout and then 40 minutes on the Elliptical, I have ran three times(9 miles total) this week (since last Friday) and I have done 60 minutes total on the Elliptical, then 2 days weight training, 1 day stretch and 1 day yoga....and I stayed the same:grumble: , that is what I have been dealing with for months now....in my head I tell myself..."Go Deb, your really building up those muscles....muscle weighs more...that's why there is no loss", but I have to get the combo right or it's gonna kill me:sad: .....I"m sorry for the pity party, I'm just hungry...slow and steady, I know that's how it works, my time will come!

Snowflakes...Great job 1.4 pounds is awesome! I always thought we were crazy getting married right before Christmas..and here you did it 2 days after....:drinker: No I usually get up at 5:30, I just knew I had a LOT TO DO TODAY AND MY GRANDKIDS are coming for a visit this afternoon, sorry about the caps there....didn't mean to shout!:embarassed:
    Eva, :bigsmile: Good Luck on Sunday!!

Tabbydog, great job on your run...
    I just heard my grandkids pull up...bye for now, I'll check in tomorrow, everyone have a great weekend.
    Debra
    Just to repeat, anyone have suggestions on good heart rate monitor?
  • LittleEva44
    Options

Eva, :bigsmile: Good Luck on Sunday!!

Thanks, Make! You can do it, too! I'm living proof! I have converted two (2) women into weighing in once a month, too! Okay, Okay, one of them is going to weigh-in every two weeks...I'll take that! :flowerforyou:

Blessings!

Eva
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Debra, do you take your measurements on a regular basis? I take them once a month and I lost 14 inches in 7 months. In the same time I only lost 7 pounds. I changed bra size, I also changed pants size.

The scale is a good tool when you are changing your life style, but you also must look at how you fit in your clothes, how your body's shape is improving and how much better you feel.

I had to wait 2 months before the scale decided to start moving. What kept me going was the improvement in my energy level and the fact that the inches were going down.

Don't despair, the best things come to those who wait.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I did my training this morning and I am up to 5/18!!!

Let's go ladies, don't give up, we can do it!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Good morning y'all!! Today, I did not loss another pound :grumble: :grumble: Worse, I gained 0.4 pounds :noway: :noway: :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'll work a little harder today :wink: :happy:

Have a nice day and a nice week end!!!
  • anderkaj
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here this week. I love being able to track all the nutritional information. Realistically I want to lose 25 lbs. Most importantly for me is to get healthy. My cholesterol is over 300...starting meds this week too. Also dealing with anxiety..which I am hopeful healthy eating and exercise will help. I'm married w/ 2 kids...a 16 year old son and an 11 y/o daughter. You guys seem great and I hope I have some progress to share in the next few weeks.
    Karen
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Hello ladies and welcome Anderkaj!!

I am in serious need of encouragement, I didn't do my training yet and I am a morning person :noway: Also, I realised that I made a mistake in my fraction. When I started my workout last Monday, there was only 17 days left of workout. I don't think I will want to go on the Gazelle at 3am on the 26th So for now I am at 5/17.

Speak to you later, I now will try to kick my b...
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Missou you can do it. Just get up and exercise. Even if its only for 30 min. Make it 6/17... Your math error just means you are one day closer to going.

Welcome Karen :flowerforyou:

I am having a much better weekend staying on track with calories and exercise this weekend than last weekend. YEAH. I spent an hour in the hot tub reading a book and relaxing. I cant believe the weather - it got to 60 today :love: I did my C25K training outside in a tank top...

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I did it!! I am at 6/17!!! Thanks Pinbotchick :flowerforyou:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Last Monday I was leaving in 18 days, but since I am leaving home at 3 am, it will be too early to do any exercises :laugh: :laugh:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    Wow, I was so tired when I wrote my last message that I repeated myself :laugh: :laugh:

This is a good morning and I feel good!!! I'll go and do my workout really soon!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    I am at 7/17!!! :happy: :happy:

Come on everyone, We can do it!!!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Missou, don't get discouraged with the lack of falling numbers. When you don't have a lot of weight to lose, I think it comes off veeeerrrrryyy slowly, at least that's what I keep telling myself! The first 7 or so came off fast, and now it is a pound every other week or so. Even though I am exercising more. I feel better though, so we have to focus on that!:wink:
  • Missouwechanged
    Options
    The fact that I don't really follow a diet and that I indulge into sweet foods a little too often doesn't help either :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I'm glad you got the exercise in Missou.

I took today off exercising - my body needed the rest. I did manage to stay within my calorie allotment even with splurging this morning on waffles - YUMMY :love:

My family is celebrating Thanksgiving next weekend at my house. I am excited but need to do lots of prep work this week. I want to spend my time visiting not cleaning vegetables, cooking or ironing table cloths. My plan is too send as many left overs as possible home with people - or to work with my husband on Monday. I plan to do extra exercise in the morning before we eat.

I have my bookclub meeting Wed night but most people there are trying to lose weight and have been bringing low cal snacks.
  • ladyhutch
    Options
    hello women over 40!!!!! I will be 42 in a few days, and i have lost 33lbs!!!! I am having a big problem right now. I need to lose my belly fat. I've had a c-section years ago, and here recently i had to have another abdominal operation i am having so much trouble trying to firm up my stomach, and i cannot do sit-ups is there anything else i can do short of having an operation that i can not afford thanks ladies274693.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    hello women over 40!!!!! I will be 42 in a few days, and i have lost 33lbs!!!! I am having a big problem right now. I need to lose my belly fat. I've had a c-section years ago, and here recently i had to have another abdominal operation i am having so much trouble trying to firm up my stomach, and i cannot do sit-ups is there anything else i can do short of having an operation that i can not afford thanks ladies274693.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Hi, Lady. I was power walking during my lunch time (3 days a week then doing weights once a week) and now I'm training myself to run. I weigh myself once a month and this month it hit when I'm menstruating so I have gained two pounds. I'm not discouraged :tongue: I know I'm retaining water and will lose the weight after my Aunt Emily leaves. Check out my profile, ticker, and weigh-in. Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • anderkaj
    Options
    I've been tracking my food for about a week and my numbers have been amazingly good (well it's only been a week...give me time : ) BUT, my protein is always over. This really surprised me because I don't eat a lot of meat. Anyone else find this? or any other surprises in logging your food?
    Karen
  • lady40
    Options
    Hello women 40+. I am new to MFP. But not to weight loss struggles. I have decided now that I am 40 it is time to put me first. Although I sometimes have a hard time with that goal. It hasn't even been a week yet on MFP, I have really only been concentrating on logging my food. Would really like to start a fitness program, just not sure what to do. I guess the best thing is to do something. Not sure if joining a gym or just trying on my own for awhile is best. What worked best for you?