TURBO JAMMERS!!!!

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
Welcome...if you love Turbo Jam as much as us, please join us!!!

No workouts for me yet today...was trying to take a rest day, but might end up doing some yoga later. My booty hurts soooo bad from Lean 3 and Power Half Hour yesterday, I can hardly walk! I'll check back later!

Replies

• kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hey hey hey!!

It was a good day for me. I knew that my husband wanted to go to a local restaurant called Winger's...so I worked out hard this morning so I could "treat" myself a little bit!

So, I did 60 minutes of Turbo Kick, 40 minutes of a Cardio Pump Class, and then 20 minutes of Turbo Sculpt. I burned over 1000 calories. It felt really good. I love Saturdays because I push myself a lot harder because I know I have all of Sunday to Rest. Turbo Kick completely kicked my bum this morning, as I wore the weighted gloves the whole time.

But, I was able to enjoy 1/2 a chicken wrap and a small baked potato at Wingers while the hubby watched football. And I didn't feel too guilty afterwards. I made good choices on the food, as well as worked my body a ton today!!

Have a grrreat weekend! I am looking foward to my "day off" from exercise tomorrow!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    My ChaLean Extreme hasn't got here yet....and I am SO anxious to get started!! Do you recommend buying the resistance bands? Or should I just use my free weights? I have a few sets of free weights in different weights (5lb, 8lb, 12lb, i dont think I need any heavier than that...)
  • fitzfour
    Options
    My ChaLean Extreme hasn't got here yet....and I am SO anxious to get started!! Do you recommend buying the resistance bands? Or should I just use my free weights? I have a few sets of free weights in different weights (5lb, 8lb, 12lb, i dont think I need any heavier than that...)

I used the weights. I have from 5 to 25 pounds. I did use up to 20 pounds in my first round (there are some squats/lunges that I was able to do 20 easily). You'll have to try it out to see if you think you need to go heavier. For the 2nd phase (month 2), you will probably want to get some 15's at least.

BTW, good job on the workouts! I was going to rest today, but I may just have to get in some Turbo Kick...I'm craving it :laugh:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

I used the weights. I have from 5 to 25 pounds. I did use up to 20 pounds in my first round (there are some squats/lunges that I was able to do 20 easily).

Guess I'll have to borrow the hubby's free weights...haha! Have a great weekend... I know what you mean about craving Turbo Jam...there's just something about it...maybe because you can shake your booty, punch like you mean it...and still get a killer workout! I love it too!
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey there Jammers!
    Was a pretty good day today! As you know got a long run in this AM and just did a Recharge session in later AM before all the activities:tongue: I just finished up dinner, and looking forward to a run again tomorrow (if the weather cooperates) and Lean1!
    Oh Kick-I use the Bowflex Select-Tech weights Chalene uses. They definitely beat having a giant set of 20+ weights, plus they are soooo easy to use.:heart: You can use the resistance bands as well (she explains how and one girl always uses those) but I was never one for bands. I need to get more TJ dvds coz currently I'm kinda bored with the ones I have:ohwell:
    Have a great evening!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

I was full of energy this morning, so I did Turbo Kick Round 29 and some HHA. It was an awesome workout!!!! We've got a family b-day party today, so I needed the extra calorie burn!

Well, off to get ready. I hope you all have an awesome day!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Heyyy!! Had a good 5-miler this AM! Thought I might not get to-but the weather was PERFECT! So I again-couldn't pass it up:tongue: Also did Lean1..I cannot believe I am on my last week...just wow! I feel so good, but also a little scared coz I've been on such a strict schedule, and I won't know what to do now! Ahhh! As the weather here gets colder, running will have to stop eventually with the snow flurries and negative temperatures...but good news is my health insurance is changing and the new one is offering money towards a gym membership! So I think I will be taking advantage of that for the winter months at least! That way, I can still run (treadmill) and do TJ. I think I am going to keep up with CE just doing whatever workout I feel like (probably will follow her "maintenance" schedule). Lol..ok I'm ranting! :embarassed:
    Annnnyway..I'm off to get some yummy food. Yay for grocery shopping night! :laugh: Have a good one all!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Wow, am I sore today! I did Biggest Loser Yoga on Saturday, and I'm still feeling it!! This morning was Jillian's No More Trouble Zones...a little tough this morning since I was sore, but had a great calorie burn, so it was all worth it.

Now, on to tackle the day! I hope you're all having a good morning and getting those workouts in!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    This is a really stupid question.. but what kind of sneaks does Chalene wear in the abjam video?
    They kind of look like nike shox but they are really springy up front too!! So cutie and they look like they feel good too..

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
    J:heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    oh... got in FatBlaster and Ab Jam before work this morning !! Woo Hoo!

Hope everyone has an outstanding day:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    I wish I could get my workouts in earlier in the morning... but for now I'll have to just keep doing them after work! But, I kind of like it because after a day where my boss has been a psycho, I can run off or punch out my frustrations and be all calm and pleasant for the rest of my evening! Haha...

Tonight is my running night. So, I'll do my run for about 40 minutes or so on the treadmill (Its too blasted cold to run outside anymore :sad: ) Then later I might do Turbo Sculpt.
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    I am going to join you guys.

I am currently on CE Lean week 2. Did Circuit 1 this morning. I am loving LEAN phase. A bit intense but totally worth it. I just ordered Turbo Jam Max results so that I can start on that after I finish LEAN and during Christmas so that I can visit my relatives without having to worry about weights.

Dragonfly11 - I was reading Chalene's blog and she said she uses the Nike Shox for her workouts. I haven't seen the video so I don't know for sure, but that is what her blog said.

Oh I also broke down and got the SelectTecs. I do not regret the decision. At the time I told my husband they were for both of us but I think he has used them twice and I use them everyday.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I am going to join you guys.

I am currently on CE Lean week 2. Did Circuit 1 this morning. I am loving LEAN phase. A bit intense but totally worth it. I just ordered Turbo Jam Max results so that I can start on that after I finish LEAN and during Christmas so that I can visit my relatives without having to worry about weights.

Dragonfly11 - I was reading Chalene's blog and she said she uses the Nike Shox for her workouts. I haven't seen the video so I don't know for sure, but that is what her blog said.

Oh I also broke down and got the SelectTecs. I do not regret the decision. At the time I told my husband they were for both of us but I think he has used them twice and I use them everyday.

Welcome, glad to have you on the board! I'm also doing CE, but it's my 2nd round, so I'm doing 1 week on, then then 1 week off (with other strength training instead). It's going well. I needed the variety after completing 1 full round!

I almost got the SelectTechs, but then realized I had free weights up to 30 pounds already, so couldn't justify the cost when I had as much weight as I'd need. Plus, my hubby wouldn't let me sell off his free weights to clear up the space and justify the SelectTechs in that way. Oh well, glad you love them!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good evening all!
    Had a pretty busy day at work..so when I got home I kinda had to force myself to do Lean2:laugh: It was well worth it though! I kinda feel guilty when I push hard all weekend then during the week all I can squeeze in after work is a seemingly short workout:ohwell: I don't know if getting up earlier is possible (already at like 6 AM, gotta be out the door by 6:45ish) and that's tough enough for me! What does everyone else think?
    I think once I am finished with CE I am going to rotate those workouts with TJ and running on the weekends while I still can..I suppose my extra effort of the weekends makes up for a little less on the weeknights?
    Anyway, I hope you all have a great night..It's another long day for me tomorrow..then kickin it with Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs....still cannot believe this is my last CE week!
    Night all!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I don't know if getting up earlier is possible (already at like 6 AM, gotta be out the door by 6:45ish) and that's tough enough for me! What does everyone else think?

I get up at 5am every morning, and start my workout around 5:15. I'd say if you only do like 1/2 hour/45 minutes, you could pull it off. I do about an hour to hour and a half. I make sure I'm in the shower by 6:30. But, I usually don't work out at night then. I'd say, if you can get up earlier and make it work, go for it!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Erika-So you only get in usually 1 workout (like 30-45 min) a day? What I mean is that I feel so guilty only working out so little-or so it seems like..:huh: I guess it feels like I am cheating or something, but I am still seeing results..besides I am only trying to maintain now so I guess that is enough? Just feels like my mind says "do more!" but that's where you get might burnout huh...
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Good Morning Jam Family,
    Missed my am w/o this morning - snooze button strikes again!:grumble: but CP3 on for later and AbJam. I know i'm going to be whipped but I keep telling myself I am going to feel so good when It's done.
    Hope everybody has a fantastic day:flowerforyou: ,
    Janet:heart:

ps : if anyone who's done ab jam can check out Chalene's shoes and point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. They appear to be the Nike Shox but I can't find any with the springy stuff in the front:happy:

Thanks
  • kholmes
    kholmes Posts: 214
    Options
    Good morning

I did Burn It Off this morning. I also do my workouts at 5:00 am to get my day going and so I don't decide to not do them later. I also try to walk on my lunch break to get in a little extra.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    started turbo jam last tuesday and lost 4 pounds so far with it. took me 3 days of learn & burn to really get it! i love it though!

doing fat blaster and ab jam today
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Erika-So you only get in usually 1 workout (like 30-45 min) a day? What I mean is that I feel so guilty only working out so little-or so it seems like..:huh: I guess it feels like I am cheating or something, but I am still seeing results..besides I am only trying to maintain now so I guess that is enough? Just feels like my mind says "do more!" but that's where you get might burnout huh...

Right now, I'm trying to get in about an hour to hour and a half of workouts per day. It's either combo of strength/cardio or just straight cardio. But, my mission right now is to drop the last 7 pounds I have been meaning to drop, so I'm working a little harder to get there, and then I'll maintain after that. I do still have days where I only workout 30-45 minutes, and I just make sure I keep my calories in check on those days.